Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? (94816 Views)

House Of Rep' Married Women Can Now Choose Their Origin From Father Or Husband / Married Women Reveal Shocking Reasons Why They Take Off Their Wedding Ring / Why Do Some Married Women Find It Difficult To Initiate Sex With Their Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by Lexusgs430: 10:47pm On May 25, 2017
Majority cheat, simply because their husband can no longer provide for the family.
The wife then decides to wear the husband's shoes and goes hunting.....

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by AHCB: 10:47pm On May 25, 2017
PaperLace:
* Women are polygamous.
* Some men start tying wrapper and wearing oversize boxers.
* Their husbands don't service them well.
* They are wicked and selfish.
* Young boys don't allow them rest.
* Lots of Nigerian men develop potbelly after sometime. She becomes less attracted to him. Women are visual beings too. grin
* Lots of Nigerian men neglect their wives. Look around you, too many absentee husbands. They prefer to go and sit at bar.
* Temptation.
Etc

In all, it's 85% the fault of the man... kiss

Have you cheated on your husband before? You seem to know all the reason why women cheat.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by mzhorlah(f): 10:47pm On May 25, 2017
why do married men have concubines

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by robosky02(m): 10:47pm On May 25, 2017
top reasons why women cheat: if men can do the opposite the menace can be at least reduced

Reason 1. Lack of attention and intimacy:

How long can you go without receiving love and attention before you look somewhere else? Some can go for only days or weeks, and others can go for years. However, in general, women need and desire intimacy, physical touch, and mental and emotional attention.

If you are not receiving this from your husband or boyfriend, it will only be a matter of time and you may seek it from another i.e. a caring guy friend, the attentive guy who feeds your emotional needs at your workplace, or the hot trainer at the gym. Women deprived of attention, compliments, and compassion; usually, have emotional affairs. That doesn't mean it won't lead to sex, but initially, they crave the attention and compassion that has been absent from their relationship.

Reason 2. Revenge:

Being cheated on is a very difficult act to forgive. For those of you who have been cheated on, you know how awful it feels. You feel deceived, hurt, angry, sad, numb and even violated. It also affects your self-esteem. At the moment, you find out your man cheated, your whole body begins to shake, you begin to sweat, your stomach drops, and you feel nauseated.

Clearly, it negatively affects your relationship, your mood, behavior, and your ability to trust the cheater ever again. When you have been cheated on, some of you may want to get revenge by making them feel the way you felt. This can lead you, to do the cheating next. The biggest truth is that cheating never solves a relationship problem. Communication, assertiveness and increasing passion and romance in your relationship are a much better solution.

Reason 3. Bad sex:

Women need to feel desired and experience REAL orgasms during sex. If women are getting bad sex, not enough sex, non-emotional sex, or "wham-bam-thank-you-mam" sex, you may eventually lose interest in the relationship and look elsewhere for GOOD sex! This creates a temptation to seek sexual or emotional satisfaction elsewhere. In my opinion, it's best to communicate your needs to your man with the hopes that he will step it up a notch. You can do this on your own or with the help of a sex therapist.

Reason 4. Weight loss/plastic surgery:

Male attention increases quickly after a boob job, a butt implant or weight loss, and so does your self-confidence. With all this male attention, your temptation to cheat rises, and it takes more self-control to resist some of those male offers. Once you realize other guys want you, your desire to act on it may have you feeling euphoric. However, be careful, act wisely and make your pros and cons list.

Reason 5. Financial independence:

When you feel financially dependent on your husband or boyfriend, it's more difficult to speak up in arguments or leave the relationship. The fear of being alone and financially unstable keeps you in a one-down position. Now that women make their own money, enjoy working, and are good at it, the need to stay in an unhappy relationship is not necessary. That feeling of power and independence can be like seeing the red carpet laid out for you; all the way to those other fish in the sea.

Reason 6. Low self-esteem:

When you feel insecure about yourself, you have a need to seek validation from others. This can be in the form of sexual, emotional, or intellectual attention. When you don't love or value yourself, you may project that onto the person you are in a relationship with, and believe they don't love or value you. Even if your husband or boyfriend loves you greatly, you still may cheat because you find it hard to accept their unconditional love. I suggest reading one of the many self-help books out there on building your self-esteem, or get some counseling to help improve self-confidence.

Reason 7. Feeling under-appreciated:

When you are in a relationship, you like to please your man. Cooking a romantic dinner, buying sexy lingerie, and listening with your heart, are just a few ways you may show your love and appreciation. So what happens when you don't hear "thank you, please or I love you.” Holidays and birthdays come and you don't receive anything meaningful, nothing at all, not even a verbal acknowledgment. We all have thresholds, and once yours is reached, you may decide to act on a "thank you, please, or I love you" coming from another direction. Let your man know he may lose you if he continues to take you for granted.

Reason 8. Bored:

He doesn't spray on that good smelling cologne anymore, his clothing is wrinkled, stained or way out-of- date. When he comes home from work (assuming he has a job), it's the same old thing; "what's for dinner"? When the weekend comes, he says he's tired and just wants to relax at home, or go out to the same sports bar you go every weekend.

The routine is the same over and over again. You are no longer on the same page. You barely have anything in common. You are feeling emotionally distant from him. You find yourself looking at other prospects and fantasize about being with someone else. You begin to feel excited (something you haven't felt in "forever"wink just thinking about it.

There are many ways to spice up an old, tired relationship. Boredom is something that can be resolved with a little, or sometimes a moderate amount of effort. It requires both of you introducing new ideas and behaviors, and some spontaneity. Be sure of what you want.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by Johnhug66(m): 10:47pm On May 25, 2017
izzy4shizzy:
The title should be ' why men cheat' cos most of them have been cheating since way back
what is this It's better u

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by Chidex2442(m): 10:48pm On May 25, 2017
Marry an Nsukka woman and you won't bother kaif she cheats cos she knows the consequences

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by CzarChris(m): 10:48pm On May 25, 2017
I ain't married yet, but I know that marriage is not by force and divorce is still an option. Whenever I marry and my would be gets tired, she is very free to use the door. But it would be better she wasn't born into this world than for me to catch her cheating no matter the reason.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by Dadsonval(f): 10:49pm On May 25, 2017
Hummmmm.... God forbid i cheat on my husband
Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by LegalBaby(f): 10:49pm On May 25, 2017

-They have unresolved marital issue/conflict

-They have a high drive

-Their partner had an affair

-They feel like they missed out on an experience

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by mirrakk(m): 10:50pm On May 25, 2017
justscorchone:
Since I started reading stories from joro on IG my mindset about nigerian women has been reformatted 99.9% of the women are money hungry bishes and would go to any length to sleep with a man because of the money not minding if he's married or not.

most of them are just lazy buboons waiting for free finance all around. just few of them are future thinking there life's. they all just want to use the latest gadget and latest designer wears. I pity for ther lives
Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by mirrakk(m): 10:51pm On May 25, 2017
LegalBaby:
Color=deeppink] -They have unresolved marital issue/conflict
-They have a high drive
-They feel like they missed out on an experience[/color]
hmmmm really
Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by Youdondeymad: 10:52pm On May 25, 2017
sisisioge:
You ate lying! Married Women don't cheat like that. Unless u have legit examples, don't even think of this slander!
*Yawns* madam please kiss the truth.Some women are veterans in cheating though na men dey cheat pass.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by ziga: 10:52pm On May 25, 2017
Same reason why married men cheat undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by LegalBaby(f): 10:53pm On May 25, 2017
-They have unresolved marital issue/conflict
-They have a high drive
-They feel like they missed out on an experience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by Nickymezor(f): 10:54pm On May 25, 2017
martineverest:
thank God for my tribe....women from my ethnic group dont dare it at all

they know the consequences
Hmmm, re u frm Delta?
Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by dangotesmummy: 10:54pm On May 25, 2017
Because they've learned from the very best #in Whitney Houston's voice#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by beautiful232(f): 10:57pm On May 25, 2017
Sugarcious:
Please what is ' koko '?
grin
Sugarcious:
Please what is ' koko '?
Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by MizOmalicha(f): 10:57pm On May 25, 2017
cold:
Hmmm..you need to take Okafor's Law of Congodynamics into consideration here. For the record, let me just state what the law states...

[b]Okafor's Law of Congodynamics
C 1 P = C ∞

It states that once a Congo has been shined once (C 1 ) , it can always be shined (C ∞ ) provided it was shined properly ( P) the previous times.(emphasis on properly). In other words, "....a woman once knacked, can be reknacked..."
Just like we say "water finds its level"
Which is not exactly how Achimedes narrated his contemplation, of all things floatation.
In scientific circles, opinion is divided as to whether it is actually a law or just a hypothesis. There is a large body of evidence to suggest that it is a law but there are others who think it is merely a hypothesis and does not take into account other variables such as M (marital status), O(opportunity) and F (Financial status) of either one or both of the parties.

In lay-mans term what the above jargons simply mean is that.
A hole once drilled, drilled properly even when closed up can always be found and can be drilled forever'
if u have been involved with a girl for a period of time and did a good job in and out of the bedroom (mostly in..), the belief is that u can always go to the girl at any given time and sleep with her again no matter what situation arises (breakups, different lover, etc[/b]..
Strong point!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by Mujtahida: 10:57pm On May 25, 2017
kimbra:
Women are not polygamous. We should learn how to speak for ourselves. Because few silly once cheat on their husband doesn't mean all cheat.

If a man is jobless they'd nag but few weeks or a month out of town isn't a reason for any woman to cheat on her husband. He's doing the both of you a favour by pulling the necessary resources needed to run a home, and such men shouldn't be repaid with cheating.

I can never cheat on whoever I marry, I rather do you the favour of not marring you.

If he has a potbelly, you could help him do stuffs to deflate it. That's if there's love in the first place.
Madam as per your first paragraph read this
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1211104/Think-men-unfaithful-sex-A-study-shows-WOMEN-biggest-cheats--theyre-just-better-lying-it.html
Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by Zzyzxt(m): 10:59pm On May 25, 2017
infidelity everywhere... making marriage a waste of money and time since only God knows

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by Humility017(m): 10:59pm On May 25, 2017
beautiful232:
I think because their husband cannot give them they koko well grin

that's why you need to eat the koko first before you marry

no be after marriage you go come find out say na one minute man or with small koko
let me tell you something
the main problem these days...a lady who experiment sex wit different men...upon getting married will tend to measure her husband sexual performance wit her ex partners.... should her husband not being able to measure up wit her past sexual experience... she will easily give in to sex whenever she come in contact wit one of her ex.......
many women who cheat do so wit their ex.

there is a belief..that sleeping wit a woman a man once slept wit it ..is always possible and quite easy when both come in contact even if she is married wit kids

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by oxonek: 11:00pm On May 25, 2017
frenzyduchess:
some married women cheat, but all married men cheat, to me the equation is still not balanced

You must be JOKING or deluded. Not all married men cheat! If you fear God, LOVE your spouse and respect your marital vows, you won't.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by Mujtahida: 11:00pm On May 25, 2017
Piercedclit:
I agree with the op.
The ratio at which married men to women cheat is almost at par. The difference is secrecy.
Women are more coded and would most times or never, flaunt it unlike a man who sees cheating with other women as a quest to conquer or some sort of ego thing.

I have seen things sha. Hmmmmm!
This right here confirms your submissions
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1211104/Think-men-unfaithful-sex-A-study-shows-WOMEN-biggest-cheats--theyre-just-better-lying-it.html
Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by loswhite(m): 11:00pm On May 25, 2017
PaperLace:
* Women are polygamous.
* Some men start tying wrapper and wearing oversize boxers.
* Their husbands don't service them well. Some men do wuruwuru sex. No pre-intimacy...etc.
* They are wicked and selfish.
* Young boys don't allow them rest.
* Lots of Nigerian men develop potbelly after sometime. She becomes less attracted to him. Women are visual beings too. grin
* Lots of Nigerian men neglect their wives. Look around you, too many absentee husbands. They prefer to go and sit at bar.
* Temptation.
Etc

In all, it's 85% the fault of the man...Nigerian men should take care of their wives well, so that side-bobos won't snatch her. kiss

Do you know what's double standard at all?

The double standard here, is you thinking a woman's cheating doesn't have justification like the man's own. They're both human, capable of falling to temptation (aka) adultery.
woman wrappering...lol. No justification for cheating
Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by Codes151(m): 11:00pm On May 25, 2017
The same reason married men cheat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by juman(m): 11:01pm On May 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Majority cheat, simply because their husband can no longer provide for the family.
The wife then decides to wear the husband's shoes and goes hunting.....
Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by youngreezy(m): 11:01pm On May 25, 2017
Cheiii op tnk u ooo na since i don dey wait for dis kain topic mke i tanda gidibam for hear watch aw gals go dey lie say dem be saints n how na we guys cos am...next na domestic violence against men.
Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by whodeyhere: 11:03pm On May 25, 2017
Piercedclit:
I agree with the op.
The ratio at which married men to women cheat is almost at par. The difference is secrecy.
Women are more coded and would most times or never, flaunt it unlike a man who sees cheating with other women as a quest to conquer or some sort of ego thing.

I have seen things sha. Hmmmmm!

You nailed it!
Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 25, 2017
oxonek:

You must be JOKING or deluded. Not all married men cheat! If you fear God, LOVE your spouse and respect your marital vows, you won't.
for mentioning god,I see you are one of those brainwashed religious hypocrites, go and wash your Brain and free yourself from the shackles of religion before I will listen to anything you have to say,even your pastors are not faithful to their vows,be deceiving yourself there

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by Mujtahida: 11:04pm On May 25, 2017
beautiful232:
I think because their husband cannot give them they koko well grin

that's why you need to eat the koko first before you marry

no be after marriage you go come find out say na one minute man or with small koko
Jesus is my everything. You sabi. Thank you Jesus
Re: Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? by bumi10(m): 11:04pm On May 25, 2017
abi all married women

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photo Of The Woman Who Gifted Her Husband A Coffin On Fathers' Day In Anambra / Wives Living In Nigeria And Husbands Abroad: My Encounter / Man Faints As DNA Shows His 4 Kids Belong To Neighbours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.