Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction (68088 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 10:46am On May 30, 2018
“Alright doctors, you have succeeded beyond my expectations. At least now I have enough things to present to command and the Senate Arms Committee. “ General Leyland made fists from his hands and pressed them on each other. “With this I can make requisition for all I need to pursue these to the end. As for the corrupt officials list, I won’t be able to handle that my self, won't say anything about it to the Senate Arms Committee but I will be presenting it to the president directly and alone. He can do whatever he wants with it.

“From all I can see, the most pressing need now is to find a way to locate the so-called Omiron 09 and do an on-site investigation and assessment. “
Since every other person in the room were quietly observing him he continued. “Marvel I will want you to help me with getting the best possible way to locating and getting to Omiron 09. Your colleague already mentioned a possible angle you can pursue. “

“Yes that will be possible. “ Marvel said, giving the general a deadpan face. “As always it won’t be for free, it’s gonna set you back some credits. “
“I wouldn’t worry about that, as far as the money isn’t coming out pf my pocket. “ With a wide grin the general concluded. “Honest working tax payers like yourself ends up bearing the brunt of the payments. “
“I continue to see reasons why my leaving earth and disdain for the earth government ways of doing things is justified. “ Marvel said with a lot more venom in his voice than he would normally have allowed.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 10:51am On May 30, 2018
“Marvel, the earth government are is perfect but they are the best option for now. “ Jade’s voice said as her face showed up taking over the half part of the display of the general’s.
“I’m sorry, I forgot to tell you before now that I linked her in to my call. “ Leyland said as he saw the sudden change on Marvel’s face.

“The best option in what way ? “ Marvel’s bitter tone seems directed at the Earthwatch spy.
“In maintaining the peace and keeping stability in all of human occupied space. “
“The skirmishes we have all gone through doesn’t look like peace to me. “
“But that is far better than open war Marvel. “ the face of Jade said with show of empathy and deep conviction.

“You call that better, when the earth government collects huge taxes and levies from the mega corporations and colonies but gives them nothing in return but rules and restrictions on their self determination and right to bear arms for their defense. “
“Marvel you know history and how the earth suffered from ceaseless warfare centuries ago when different autonomous nations states ruled the earth. Each war fought in the pretext of the defense of their territorial integrity or the more truthful ones, for expansion of their territories or annexation of resources of others. We out grew that when the whole earth came under a single central government.

“When men started spreading to the stars and building colonies on new worlds and establishing dominions, the earth leaders envisaged the return to the constant conflicts that plagued us in the past when nations were independent. So decisions where made. “
“Decisions that ended up only benefiting the earth government, giving them total power over the colonies, so they can take what they want from them and the colonies won’t be able to say no since they are not allowed to own weapons higher than that of the police. “ Marvel’s anger flashed across his face fully bared.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 11:01am On May 30, 2018
“That’s not really how things are Marvel. “ Jade’s voice sounded almost pleading. “It was for the kind of fears you entertained that the colonies were given full autonomy except for the right of possessing military arms. The colonies protection act was drawn to ensure their freedom. Their rights is guaranteed in the earth supreme constitution. They are even allowed a full representation in the earth global senate. “

With a laugh that sounded more like a snort, Marvel said. “Telling a man he is free while pointing the gun at him. Yea sounds real sincere."
“Marvel even a total sceptic of the earth government and their policies will be forced to admit there has never been any open war between the different colonies, or between them and earth. Reverse would have been the case had all colonies allowed to possess military grade weapons. "

“So if the way the earth government run things is so perfect, why are there conflicts? Why the dissatisfaction with the earth leaders by the mega corporations and the colonies? “
“You should know Marvel that conflicts among groups of people is inevitable. Diverse interests will always clash. “ Jade’s voice dropped a bit as if the effort of arguing these issues was weighing heavily on her as general Leyland watched the exchange silently. “You have to admit, this is the best way to run things in other to guarantee peace, stability and progress. “

With a hiss Marvel turned his back to the call display on the screen. “So says your earth government propaganda messages. “
“What propaganda is there? “ The Earthwatch spy asked shocked and surprised. “I am not a brainwashed tool of any one, I really believe in… “
“Spare me you hypothetical theatrics spy. “ Marvel threw up a restraining hand over his shoulder.

A sigh of defeat escaped her lips. “Why do you hate the earth government so much? It’s some of the mega corporations that are the enemies here. They are the ones stirring up the discontent you see in the colonies. Most citizens of the colonies are really okay with the status quote. “

Marvel turned back suddenly to face the screen almost yelling. “Have you ever considered the real feelings of the people in the colonies? Did it ever cross yours and earth government’s mind that the colonies might actually want total independence from the earth government. If they had wanted to remain under the corrupt bureaucracy, why did they leave earth in the first place? That they want to be left alone? Do you even know that the presence of Earthwatch agents and CSC operatives existing in all colony states, spying and reporting to earth, are seen as symbols of occupational forces? You are all damn self righteous and hypocritical. “

Silence followed Marvel’s outburst, which was broken after a minute or so by Jade. “If you hate earth government so much, why agree to work for us? “
“It’s just for the money babe. I have no single loyalty neither for the earth government nor the colonies or mega corporations. I look out for number one. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 11:25am On May 30, 2018
So who do you guys think is right between Marvel and Jade on this argument?
Is the earth government right in giving the colonies a limited autonomy, not allowing them to posses military weapons and own personal armies for fear of interstellar wars between colonies and planets? (Note that as a result of this method there haven't been open wars in space between colonies. Though there have been minor conflicts, nothing near to full blown space wars). This is Jade’s position.

Or is the earth government wrong in restricting the colonies autonomy. Is the right to the colonies self determination more important than the imaginary fear of open war among the colonies(which may never really happen). Can the earth government really claim to be democratic when open referendum on the colonies right to bear arms are not allowed. Like we see in the story, when the Earth Global Senate silenced the Colonial Confederation Parliament when the bill was passed in the Earth Global Senate . This is Marvel’s position.
So who is right between the two of them? Share your opinion on this hot political divide that is at the bedrock of most events/conflicts in Marvel’s universe.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 1:20pm On May 31, 2018
I will say Jade is right,what do I know about politics anyway.The mega corporations do not really need arms,the earth government has promised to protect them from any external threat,a promise they are not likely to shy away from.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 6:58am On Jun 02, 2018
I'm with the Earth govt,Marvel is jst angry bcus of either what happened in the past or his hatred for them...bt if u look at it again,marvel too is right,too much of rigid rulez is a no no for me
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
Leyland’s sudden burst of laugh seem to dowse the palpable tension in the room. “These are arguments I have heard from Marvel several times though, still it doesn’t make him less of a good solder.”
Turning to Marvel he said with a crooked grin. “Someone listening to you speaking might accuse you of treason to the earth government. But I know better. True freedom is to be able to have your own opinion and hold to it. “

“To more important matter, how do we get this pirate and convince him to give up his secret. “ Marvel tried bringing the discussion back on track.
“Leave that to me, “ Jade cut in quickly," he and I have a history. “

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴
Rabel Fisher taxied the sky shuttle carefully through the dense atmosphere of planet LT 515, constantly looking at the red blinking light on the tac screen before him on the control studying the coordinates which he had laid over a rough map of the land below he had drawn. Though he constantly peered over the see-through transparisteel canopy of the shuttle, he know there is no way he can really see any sort of land mark over the murky atmosphere, nothing below can be visible to the naked eyes above 1000 meters.

Though the sky shuttle has seen long service of years longer than the combine ages of its last three owners, yet it is still in excellent working condition, Rabel makes sure of that with constant maintenance. Despite the armored plating covering the shuttle, still, he piloted it delicately because the density of this planet’s atmosphere is strong enough to rip the armored plating off the shuttle if it comes in too fast on planetary entry.

The blinking light on the tac screen continued to lead him to his direction as there is no other way to pinpoint it with any degree of accuracy. Not even an advance compass can be helpful as no man made satellite exist on this world, even if they did, it won’t do much good as the dense atmosphere heavily disrupt electronic signals.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:43pm On Jun 02, 2018
The planet called LT 515 is a dwarf planet with a giant single moon orbiting it. The size and mass of the planet is close to its moon that early space astronaut explorers mistakenly thought it to be a dual planetary system. But later searches with more intense investigations, concluded that one was a dwarf planet and the other a giant moon.

The gravity of these bodies interacts with each other in such a way that while the atmosphere of he moon is virtually empty and contains no gas that of LT 515 is dense with thick cloudy formations really reducing visibility. It orbits the star Tau Ceti in the constellation Cetus about 3.7 parsecs from earth.

It is a heavy dense planet, the fourth of five planets orbiting the star, heaving just two large continents, with thousands of scattered smaller islands. Its gravity is 2.0 that of earth, a tropical planet with humid atmosphere filled with dense lush forest and swampy marshlands. Giant tall tree towers over the land from heights of hundreds of meters. It has extreme surface temperature reaching 180°-200° Celsius, hot enough to cook anyone stepping into its surface without protective covering.

There are very few fauna, as the high temperature discourages the proliferation of life. The few animals that manages to subsist in the harsh environment are heavily armored and are not very active during its day light hours. Since the planet has very little in the way of mineable minerals it has never been colonized or plundered by man. This makes it the perfect sport for Rabel’s activity.

The sky shuttle came out of the dense cloud and a hazy green canopy seem to spread underneath the vehicle as he watched through the forward view port and the monitor screen showing what is under the craft as it flew. While most other planets have blue background for their skies, that of LT 515 has gray ash color and the clouds appeared in forms of amber and saffron.

Well one of the major cause of the high temperature on the planet is because, it is heavily volcanic. Both continents were formed from several volcanic eruption. Even presently, there are more active clouds, ash and magma spewing volcanoes than there are plain lands. This also causes the water on the planet to be almost always being in a boiling state, releasing think steams into the atmosphere, a major cause of the poor visibility. The multiple of places blowing out volcanic ash into the air is responsible for the different color of the sky and clouds .

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Jackossky(m): 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
Apollux, you are a science student right? Wonders how you are able to know the scientific details you are depicting.
Anyway, I'm here.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by purity247(m): 7:40pm On Jun 02, 2018
Apollux:

Yes but not here because then the spam bot was on my neck. I was able to send it to few people by email though
please i want you to send marvel chronic 1 my gmail is olayiwolasaheed247@gmail.com
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
Sport?what type of sport does he want to play there?
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
Jackossky:
Apollux, you are a science student right?
Wonders how you are able to know the scientific details you are depicting.

Anyway, I'm here.

Not really. I just love science fiction stuff

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2018
Badoo show me love...
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2018
Badoo show me love oh jare
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 11:39am On Jun 06, 2018
The locator built into the shuttle led Rabel to a small crescent shaped island with an inland lake in the middle. The vegetation on that place is sparse, that made it the most ideal place to hide what he has come for. At least tall trees wouldn’t play hockey with his locator sensors. Coming in closer for a landing he aimed for a clearing that was large enough to accommodate his shuttle and close enough to his target.

This planet has come to him in one of his brainstorming session when his activities as a foremost pirate was becoming too hazardous for his health. Though he pulls his weight among the conclave of space pirates, being among one of the most successful in their midst, his self confidence and pride had soared only to come crashing down heavily after one too many run ins with both System Trade Patrol, around earth’s solar system and Inter-galatic Trade Task Force around colony space lanes.

He had fall afoul of them and as quick as he is at escaping, he wasn’t always fortunate. Luck has ran out on him on some occasions, either the authority chasing him has faster and better ships or his trusty space vehicle had refused to kick off on time or they had pounced on him while on the job, invariably catching him red handed as it were. After prison terms on earth and other super max prisons, Rabel Fisher had had enough. His reputation as one of the sneakiest and sleaziest space pirate was dwindling rapidly with the speed of a gravity ball.

In other to salvage his rep and build up again, he planned one of the biggest and most daring pirate heist ever. He selected the best crew available choosing new hands in a way following an old pirate superstation that too many old hands spoils the raid. So laying off his old crew and employing new ones, he went for it. Alas that was his undoing. Among his crew was a clever Earthwatch under cover agent. A female spy that fooled them all, even his old eyes fell for her machinations. She had led a secret investigation that combined the Earthwatch agency, CSC and Inter-galatic Trade Task Force successfully and he was the big meat. That was the worst defeat he had ever had.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 11:47am On Jun 06, 2018
After serving the time, coming back, he was nothing. He couldn’t go back into pirating again, because he has been blown too wide open. So he had made it a big deal to every one that cares to watch that he is retired from pirating. And that image has been maintain for years and in that he has fooled everyone. For before all eyes, both fellow pirates and the public he has resigned from buccaneering. He had made it such a big deal that anyone can tell where he is and there are witnesses to every place he goes to.

But that had hidden a big secret, that he never really stopped pirating, only that he changed his modus operandi. In his active pirating days he has located good places to hide stolen goods and one of those places was the planet LT515. A planet of no interest to any one, with very inhospitable surface that is conducive with little or nothing of interest to attract any one. So this has been the place for him.

Now he steals from cargo ships with his features well hidden, takes his loot away in his fast ship, dumps it here and later comes for it after the heat has blown over to retrieve it and then sell it as an anonymous pirate. So far it has been working well and it’s yielding good profits. And in all, the best is he got every one fooled.

The shuttle landed on its metal struts, a door open ing as a ramp slowly came down from it to touch the bare floor. Rabel came out of the ship putting on heavy protective clothing completely sealed with helmet and a face plate. The faceplate immediately got covered with steam as soon as he came out of the ship but an evaporator attached to the helmet was activated and the helmet faceplate was cleared. The evaporator will continue to wipe the faceplate every second.

His movement on the uneven hot surface of the planet was awkward and slow because of the heavy modified A.V.O (All Vacuum & Orbital) space suit he was wearing. It has to be padded with heat deflector and have a much stronger temperature control imbedded in it than usual. He walked to the back of the shuttle and opened the cargo bay door, went in and drove out a flat air scooter attached behind it is a flat metal board with four huge anti-gravity rings under it.

With a noise that disturbed the few creatures around there, causing them to flutter out of the surrounding trees under strange colored bodies and wings, flying into the air with stranger noises that was a cross between the croaking of a toad and baying of a donkey. The scooter headed toward the inland lake of the crescent shaped island. The water of the lake was in a constant boiling state as heavy steam raised into the air. At the shore of the lake, Rabel stopped the scooter, checked the thermometer fixed to his wrist, he shook his head in the helmet as he saw the number blazing at 220° Celsius.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 11:52am On Jun 06, 2018
Not far away from the shore are huge boxes made of none corrosive metal over laid with hit resistant alloy floating on the boiling water of the lake . They were the items Rabel has come to recover. They are just mostly stolen black market fusion fuel cells, some military grade light carbine Lazer rifles, illegal electronic drug and expensive electronic circuit boards stolen from a warehouse raid.

He already has a buyer for all these who is ready to pay premium credits for them. He got to work, activating a pick up drone which he controlled from a little remote on his hand. The drone flew over the boiling lake, picked up each box then arranged them behind the board attached to the scooter. Then Rabel ran a cable holding each box securely to the board .

He affixed a detachable anti-gravity ring on the bottom of the flat board so it can help reduce the weight of the boxes on the board. It also will reduce the effect on the engine of the scooter whose engine has less power. This was necessary so that the scooter and its heavy cargo can float at least above three meters over the uneven ground of the place .

Just then the pick up drone sputtered, thick smoke spewing from it as it crashed to the ground then exploded. Rabel actually expected this as he was sure the delicate circuitry in the drone will not long survive the intense heat of this atmosphere. At least it completed its job before crashing. Climbing back to the scooter, he drove it heading back to his shuttle.

At the shuttle, he moved the scooter with the boxes into the cargo hold, locked the bay door then pulling up the ramp he also locked the access door. In seconds the shuttle climbed the air and headed off planet. Time to make some money he thought, happy at how easy it has been to fool everyone. Well all he needs to do is dock on his space craft in orbit and he will be on his merry way.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Godwinfury(m): 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
Dear Apollux, your story is one of the greatest SciFi have ever, and is still reading,
but Nwanne, please let the update be consistent na, imagine the last week time u updated.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
The air shuttle rose above the thick atmosphere of the planet, the darkness of space was decorated with millions of twinkling stars and amidst that was the slim shape of a space cruiser. Rabel always felt a deep sense of satisfaction when ever he sees his ever reliable XN light cruiser, he has named Fortune Bitch.

This space vehicle is a speed demon, it has a modified super charged fusion thrusters that will give the fastest Lancer class pursue craft the Inter-galatic Trade Task Force has in its fleet a run for their money . It had pulled his ass safely out of tight spots several times. It may look old, battered and ungainly, yet its engine is kept at peak working performance.

And below it is a rigged cargo hold that can house his stuff and its walls are lined with radiation reflectors, that bounce back any signals from scanning machines customs and Trade patrols will use on his ship during a stop and search session. Added to that is a heavy duty turbo lazer cannon and two multi repeater chain guns, hidden on the hall of the ship. It might look like a harmless civilian ship, but it has claws that are carefully sheathed .

Getting close to the Fortune Bitch, Rabel deactivated the security lock down on the cruiser, though cases of ship jacking is rarely heard of, they do exist. Though the possibility of his ship being stolen or broken into in this remote part of space is unlikely, still Rabel was not one to take simple things for granted. Carefully bringing in the shuttle for a landing on the tight docking bay, he powered down the craft.

Working swiftly he activated the two extra pick up drones he had here to off load his wares into the false floor cargo hold of the cruiser. It is a delicate work that needed his full concentration which took him all of thirty minutes to complete. Thirty minutes that leaves him too exposed to discovery but he has to get these boxes properly hidden to fool Trade Patrol inspectors and get paid or else all his efforts in getting here will be a waste.

Getting all the boxes packed and secured, he locked the docking bay door heading afore ship to the control area on the cockpit passing by six locked doors of sleeping quarters. Though in his active buccaneering days he had a crew made up of twelve males and females. Although cramp then it was like a second home to them but a first home to Rabel. He knows every inch of this vessel like the back of his hand.

The engine room is amidst ship on the second level above the hidden floor and the docking bay. Directly above that is the sleeping quarters he just passed and above that the official store space which he usually carry his legitimate wares during port inspection. The top level is where the cockpit is and his personal sleeping cubicle. Getting to the cockpit , he sat on the pilot sit, ran a preflight diagnosis which was totally unnecessary as the ship was on stand by when he left it. Everything was still the same way he left it but as he stretched his hand to the power button area the hairs on his skin stood as if danger is imminent . Before he could react a voice that remotely sounded familiar came at him from his private room area.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
“Hi, honey. It’s been a while, miss me? “ the speaker was a silhouette against the light spilling from the open door.
Rabel’s left hand went quickly to the holstered gun behind him as he jumped from the chair he was on, squinting his eyes to see clearer. He startled and took few steps backwards as if he was hit on the face. The shock of seeing someone on his cruiser packed in the middle of a less traverse side of space was bad enough, but the person who actually invaded it was a lot worse.

“Jude? “ the ex pirate almost screamed. “What the hell are you doing here? How did you find me here? How did you get into this place? “
“Oh don’t worry about that. “ Jade walked into the control area of the cockpit with a slither like swagger and a cold smile on her lips. “How is the jaw, Rabel? Hope my little love pat didn’t break it? Will a soft kiss mend that? “

Anger flared in him as he recalled what she was referring to. It was the night this spy bitch had betrayed him and lead an Earthwatch raid on his hide out. While he was trying to escape, she had appeared from no where and landed him a heavy punch on his jaw that took all the fight out of him. Till today, his jaw still tingle with a dull ache.

“Screw you, spy bitch, I got nothing to say to you, except blow you away. “ Rabel pulled out a bulky lazer hand gun and pointed it at the Earthwatch agent. “Now I get to see the satisfaction of paying you back for what you did to me. Though I get to sort out the mystery of how you got in here later after you have been dealt with.”
“Just one problem with that Rabel. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
“And what will that be bitch? “
“I forgot to tell you that I didn’t come here alone. “ Jade raised her chin at his direction, a place just beyond the pirate’s shoulder. “Allow me to introduce my friend Marvel. “
The pirate startled as the unmistakable low whine of a lazer gun being powered up sounded behind his ear .

“I will take that now. “ A voice said as a hand reached out quickly over his shoulder and took the gun from him .
Taking a while to look at the new comer his mind quickly came to a realization. “I know you. You’re that popular bounty hunter that has send a lot of my people in the slammer. “

“Fortunately for you we have never meet. “ Marvel said as he poked him with his NAX GAUGE gun moving him to a chair. “Of course no one ever thought you important enough to place a bounty on your shallow head, else I’d have paid you a visit. “
“Bah, in my pirate days, I was the most feared. People were too scared of me to try that . “

“Are you implying you are no longer a pirate? “ For the third time in as few minutes as possible, the pirate was startled again by a voice coming from his blind side. “Then how do you explain those boxes and crates you just loaded into this vessel? “
“Oh forgive my negligence, I forgot to tell you I came with another friend. I’m happy to introduce you to the Mole. “ Jade spoke with a face cherry and cold at the same time.

Turning again Rabel saw a little statured dark skinned man, holding a very big gun. His head is covered with a shiny dome metal and one of his eyes is a red glowing mechanical/electronic one. “I’m the Mole. “ the new comer simply said .
Several details ran through the mind of Rabel and when they settled on his brain, got him really scared. “You are the Mole? As in the Mole in Nuterra? The one who runs The Pit? “

“Yup, I’m one and the same. “ was the response he got from him.
“I know of you. You are a sadistic psychopath, unstable, a mentally deranged cannibal. I have heard of all your gruesome atrocities. “ the pirate trembled all over, his feet taking involuntary steps away from the Mole.
“I won’t take offense at the names calling, if that gets you docile. “
“Stay the hell away from me. “ Yelling he turned to Jade. “Why the hell did you bring this mad man here? “

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 9:16pm On Jun 07, 2018
I can't believe the dude turned to Jade but on a serious note,how did they get in.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 9:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
Why the hell did u bring this mad man here...i love that line
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Godwinfury(m): 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
Why the hell did you bring this mad man here?
To eat you na, what else? Lol, keep it coming Apollux.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by purity247(m): 6:41pm On Jun 10, 2018
tunjilomo:
I can't believe the dude turned to Jade but on a serious note,how did they get in.
tunjilomo:
tunjilomo:
i wonder ooo
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
“To ensure your compliance. “ Marvel replied instead. “You just be a little cute good boy and I promise you the Mole here won’t bite. Trust me the shit you have heard about him isn’t even half of what he has done. You really don’t want him on your case. “
“Wh.. What the hell do you want me to say. “ Rabel mumbled. “I’m no longer a pirate. I served my sentence, came back and went straight. Ask everyone who knows me, I’m retired from active piracy. “

“Yeah we know that. Just the kinda bullshit story you want the public to believe. I’m sure you being a retired pirate has nothing to do with you smuggling and trafficking on stolen goods. “ Marvel came closer to him, having holstered his gun and pull out his vibro blade. He allowed Rabel to wince a bit as the humming noise of the blade sounded close to his ears. “I’d have love to cut you open right now for that shit stunt you just pulled but… “ here he turned pointing the blade to where the Mole was standing. “… my friend here will just call it a waste of perfect meat. You see he likes eating his victims alive. So you try that shit again and I’d just let the Mole have his fun with you. “

Rabel doesn’t get scared easily, he has seen a lot in his life time to know a bullshit when it’s staring him in the face. This is not one of them. And that Mole guy scares the shit out of him as each time his steals a glance at the diminutive black man, his bladder trembles threatening to spill out its contents.
“Ok, what do you guys want from me? “
“Very simple actually, nothing really planet shattering or dangerous. “ the female spy came close to him, as they are about the same height, her face was almost touching his. “Just tell us your secret of how you navigated the Iron Belt Cluster. “

“Why am I not too surprised. “ The pirate said after taking some time to calm his nerve when he was sure sudden death was out of his way for now. “You guys aren’t the first people to ask me of that. “
“So who was the other person that asked of that? “ Jade asked.
“Dunno, it was all hush hush. I was forced to agree to complete confidentiality. So the person I was made to deal with didn’t show his face but my guess is the person must be someone who is connected higher up on earth government. As part of the deal was my light sentence and release then I was forced to stop active piracy. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
“So you have to give us everything you gave them, won’t you honey? “ the Earthwatch spy asked again as she came close to his sitting form, bringing her face close to his again.
“Well if that’s all you want. “ Rabel touched a button on the control panel before the pilot chair. A small section pulled out. Digging his hand in, he pulled out a data cube handing it over to Jade. “Here is the secured route I plotted through the Iron Belt Cluster. Though it’s not full proof because the trajectory of those rocks are erratic. “

“At least this is a start. “ Marvel took the data cube from Jade.
“Yeah. But wondering what you need the information for. There’s nothing there, that place won’t make any meaning to you not unless you are a pirate planning to hide there from the authorities. Although there is something unique about that cluster. “

“And what is that? “
“Nothing too mysterious. “ Rabel seem to choke on his words a bit, Damn I need a drink, my throat is perched. This much talk ‘s making me thirsty, he thought sadly before continuing. “As dense as the rocks in the Iron Belt Cluster are, at the very center is a wide open area, that is like the Eye of a Storm. Hundreds of miles of open space, surrounded at all sides by dense rocky asteroids. “

“And does the data in this shows a navigable part to that area? “ Marvel pointed at the data cube.
“Yeah it does. Hey guys I have told you all you need to know, guess I’m free to be on my way. “
“And what makes you think you are free to go honey? “ Jade stood before him pressing both his shoulders back on the chair by gently placing her hands on them.

“Thought you said if I cooperate you will… “
“We said no such thing. “ Marvel kept the data cube into a tiny compartment on his belt. “Though I’m sure a Trade Task Force will be interested in these boxes hidden below deck of this cruiser. “
“Aw guys cut me some slacks. Had no means of livelihood after I stopped being an official pirate. A man’s gotta feed. “
“Yup, correct. You could have been a miner then. “
“Nobody will want to employ an ex convict like me. “

“So going back to prison won’t be such a bad idea. “
After whining, something crossed Rabel’s mind. “Hey Marvel, how the hell did you find me here and got to my vessel without me seeing a space ship around here. “
“Oh that’s quite simple. We used a camouflaged ship. “
“Camouflaged ship? That doesn’t exist. “ Rabel almost screamed.
“Well it does now. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2018
I'm loving this Earth Spy nw...welcome back bro
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chapter Eleven

Dalmar sat before his chair watching the screen going through its pre-call security clearance sequence. As soon as the multi color displays vanished it became replaced by the silhouette head and shoulders image made of black and white snowy static . The head of Iris System Securities sat up properly. Though he may not be able to see the image on the screen, the image can see him clearly. His hidden features is considered for the best as this is his benefactor hidden deep among the top echelon of the government on earth.

“ Mr. Dalmar, your method of handling the Trans Terra tower episode was a bit too load. “ the silhouette image on the screen said.
“Yes, but there was no better alternatives available given the time frame. The Earthwatch and CSC people were getting ever close to breaking through the security surrounding those sensitive data. And if they had retrieve any single thing from it, a lot of our plans will be affected. “

“Successful as your move is, not all your intention was achieved. “
“We actually expected a certain margin of error which we compensated for. “ Dalmar acted as if in deep thought. He knows the person at the other end is monitoring all his facial expressions and making his on conclusions on that. “When I authorized the use of the ADMEC, it was the proper place for a first time life-field test. I also anticipated the interference from the cyborg. Without the ADMECs, no way could we have succeeded. The lose of four ADMECs is a small price to pay for that success. “
“It was actually five you lost. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2018
“Well the loses encountered in taking down Marvel was the worst. He survived all traps I set for him. My men, the bounty hunters and a single ADMEC. Without the support of the cyborg. It almost looks supernatural. “
“Seems we really underestimated this Marvel. “ the voice from the screen said.
“So it would seem. Still he is just a man and we can deal with him. “

“Brilliant strategy you employed over the PR campaign on Nuterra over the attack on the Trans Terra tower. “
“Thanks for that, I suppose you approved. “ Dalmar said, his senses attuned to their highest sensitivity to pick up any negative undertones that statement might mean. Dealing with their benefactor inside the earth government is not easy, getting to understand him is harder. He is so sleight full it’s hard to predict him. “Well full credit will have to go to my underling, Cedric, he handled that aspect.

“He moved fast and took advantage of the situation before the CSC will come up with a plausible explanation. He arranged for the blame to fall on the CSC interference on Nuterra. Most of the media organizations on Nuterra are controlled by us and he used that control extensively. Getting people to come out openly to blame earth government unwelcome intrusion. That had the CSC and Earthwatch not taken over security control from Iris System Securities and the Mantis troops, that attack would have been stopped before it went too far.

"That Iris System Securities have every available resources to quell the attacks, that was obviously the work of the terrorist organization, Colonies Liberation Front. Had the Mantis troops been allowed to respond, the attack would have failed. Well I also did a live broadcast which was aired on the news channels on every 3D stations on the Proxima Centauri star system, repeated what has been said, laying emphasis on earth’s government interference, sending condolences to bereaved families and promising some kind of compensation to them. “
“And the citizens pf Nuterra bough all that? “ the voice from the screen seem to be smiling as he said this.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
“And the citizens of Nuterra bough all that? “ the voice from the screen seem to be smiling as he said this.
“Most of them did, I guess at least the greater percentage of them. “ Dalmar stood from his chair and walked around his private quarters. “Though there will still be the few people who will try to see through the holes of all the propaganda. Their numbers are inconsequential. “

“How have your long absence from Nuterra been handled? Isn’t that raising any eyebrows? “
“That has been well covered. The official story is I’m on a business security trip, which will involve me traveling to several star systems. “ Dalmar though wanted to concentrate fully on the discussion, a red light blinked on the monitor before him drawing his attention. “And I have already placed alibi on each of my official planned routes which will attest to my being there. I even have one that shows I touched down on a business colony on one of the moons on Saturn in the solar system. “

When the speaker on the screen said nothing more, Dalmar asked him. “How are things on earth?”
“Interesting. The appearance of a none existing terrorist organization, the Colonies Liberation Front, who is bent on destroying the senate, is having them scared. “ the speaker chuckled. “The senate arms committee are putting more pressure on General Leyland. So far the general has been secretive and lately had a private meeting with the president. So the details were not made public. It’s obvious that he has no idea what is going on. But presently the general seem to be off planet. “

“Any idea where he is headed? “
“No, Leyland has been uncharacteristically secretive. “ The voice from the screen said. “Though I was able to get to know he is leading a task force made up of one Capital ship, four Destroyers and six Lancers. Their destination was not made known but I suspect they are on the way to Nuterra as a show of force in response to the recent attack. “

Laughing lightly, Dalmar said. “Fortunately our activities is no longer on Nuterra, they are free to search everywhere there to their hearts’ content. Though we will still have to watch out for them. “
“But any other contingency plan to deal with this troubling bounty hunter? “
“Yes I do. “ Dalmar touch the red light going over the read-out on the monitor. “Actually I have two of them. Marvel is not a major threat but he will be dealt with fully. “
“What about the cyborg, don’t you think we still need to capture him. “
“Ummmmm. “ the screen took his attention for some seconds. “O yes certainly we do. And this good news I just got now will wrap this all up. “
“What is that? “
“Alpha project just had a hit. “ Dalmar said elated.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 10:09am On Jun 18, 2018
Alpha project.....again ?....na woh..........let's see how it goes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (36) (Reply)

Strings And Webs / As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.