Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction (68104 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2018
Meanwhile the crippled destroyer, HS-Marker, was under going speed self repair and parts fixing, which was bringing online some of the other parts that were previously damaged. Just then on the bridge, the radar alarm went off as it picked up six new attacking boats heading their way. Due to the repairs going on, most of the primary functions of the ship were on standby, only the secondary ones and the life support was on.

That invariably means its guns and weapon systems were down which leaves it completely vulnerable to attack. The six attack boats pounce on the helpless destroyer unleashing lots of missiles at the destroyer, causing huge explosions and weakening further the already fragile hulls of the ship which has already taken heavy hits from the drone-mines first attacks. Soon hull breach alarms began to sound within the destroyer as huge holes started breaking out of its body. Some of the ships personnel that were around the areas of the hull breaches were sucked into the cold airless void of space.

The attack boats were so intent on finishing the destroyer off that it was too late for them to notice that three Javelins have broken off from the attack formation and coming their way. The Javelins were intent on taking out the attack boats which were slowly blowing up huge chunks off the HS-Marker, since they know that the crippled destroyer is their major ticket back home. Before the attack boats can do a quick maneuver to counter the new threats, the Javelins moved with swiftness reminiscent of their names, releasing smart missiles that took out all six attack boats in about five seconds flat. Finishing the threat to the destroyer, the three Javelins returned back to join their fellows in combating the remaining attack boats.

The new damages inflicted on the destroyer were just too extensive that their available spare parts will not be able to cover them, though the hull breaches have already been automatically sealed. Fortunately their inter-ship comm was still functional, so they called the flagship asking for assistance. The response was for them to stand by that Whitefang, HS-Ferret and Dragonfoot are on their way for support.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:03pm On Jul 20, 2018
While the fire fights were going on with the destroyer, HS-Marker, the Max Neo, with Marvel, his crew and twenty members of the space marine force recon squad, in camouflage mood got close to the asteroid Omiron 09. With the data supplied by the skylark spy drone, they were able to identify and avoid the areas where the Multi-Explosive Cluster bombs and the Pulse Energy Cannons were located.

Hardwire piloted the mini cruiser to a place identified as a possible point of entry into the hollow center of the asteroid. Having arrived at that point, he brought the Max Neo for a landing. Marvel and the others all alighted from the mini cruiser before the sensitive sensors around the arid surface of Omiron 09 will notice something amiss and take a reading. Marvel needed no space suit as the AA suit is sealed air tight and can serve as one, though an oxygen-carbon dioxide air cycler equipment was attached to it to enable him breathe.

Same with the cyborg. His whole head was covered with an air tight helmet connected to the air cycler tank attached to his back. The twenty man squad of the marine force recon were all on their full combat armor which is an upgrade having an integration of All Environmental & Vacuum (A.E.V) suit. Which is just a fancy way of saying that their combat armor can also serve as a space suit, all that is needed is to attach an air cycler to it.

Though having space suit capabilities, still the combat armors are not bulky like a regular space suit but was made of slim compressed hardened armored plantings that allow ease of movement. Only the Mole was in a full space suit with a helmet of transparisteel which gives him an unobstructed view all round. The Max Neo lifted from the asteroid surface after its passengers finished debarking, engaging it thrusters, it blasted off still appearing invisible to the security sensors around the asteroid.

With hand signals Marvel directed them to follow him as he led them to the point he suspected an entrance to be. Each step lifted on the asteroid surface was like a bounce for them as the zero gravity of the asteroid surface made them weightless. As almost all of them were experienced space combat people at one time or the other, walking through the weightlessness of a vacuum was not a problem, they controlled their bouncing steps in such a way that they are not kicked off the asteroid surface and into empty space.

The Mole was the only one having a problem walking well on the asteroid surface because he had no previous experience on vacuum walk, as each step and bounce was leading him away from his intended part. One of the space marine recon officer came to his aid and helped him move towards the expected direction. The cyborg was not perturbed by the weightlessness as he had worked severally on asteroids while he was still in the mega corporations' service.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
Marvel looked up a bit, awed as always anytime he is in open vacuum, at the arrangement of the stars, thick cluster of stars, nebulae of glowing super heated clouds and gasses. He can identify most of the constellations and their arrangements and tell some of the colonized worlds in them. Just then he noticed tiny blinks of lights winking off and on at different parts on the dark heavens just like twinkling stars.

But these winking lights have orange color hues, he knew they mean that ships were exploding in the distance. The battle between ships have started so they have very little time to finish what they came for. Just then Marvel arrived at an up raised part of the asteroid surface. It was a rocky protrusion about eight meters high and thirteen meters wide. A heavily armored looking door was on the surface. Marvel signaled for the cyborg to get close then showed him the control panel by the door.

The cyborg stretched his hand to the door as delicate looking appendages uncoiled from his hand and attached to the control panel. The door open silently as the airless vacuum of space does not transmit sound. The door opened to what appeared to be a big lift large enough to accommodate all score and plus of them. As they entered, they noticed two arrows on the lift control area but only one was glowing with a green light, the one pointing down. Showing that is the only direction to go. Marvel gently touched it and quickly the lift went down with a turbo burst of speed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by PToretto(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2018
Now the action begins
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Olatoman(m): 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
Apollux, you are good.

Like Freaking good, can't wait for the fight between Marvel and that escaped convict with the armor.
Sure cyborg will chip in during that face off.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by bqlekan(m): 7:01pm On Jul 24, 2018
Captivating to say the least... Apollux, i am back..
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 10:12am On Jul 25, 2018
bqlekan:
Captivating to say the least... Apollux, i am back..
Welcome back, it's been a while. Glad u like the sequel as much as the 1st one.
I wanted this part to be short but it's getting too long. It's already more than 200 pages. Though I should be sending some updates today

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by zelaws: 10:29am On Jul 25, 2018
Appollux:
Apollux:

I wanted this part to be short but it's getting too long. It's already more than 200 pages. Though I should be sending some updates today

ME:

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 10:50am On Jul 25, 2018
zelaws:
Appollux:

ME:
Lol. Ok let me update some.
As is my character I always type like three to four updates worth ahead.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 10:58am On Jul 25, 2018
With the mine field all but cleared, the twin attacks of the Destroyers and Lancers picked up immediately. The six of the ships involved in the pincers came at the asteroid, sensors on high sensitivity being wary as a result of the Intel sent to them from the flagship warning them of the surfaces defensive set up on the asteroid. Some thousands of meters to the asteroid, the Destroyers and Lancers released the Javelin attack boats within them then cut out their speeds to allow the smaller crafts go ahead.

The Javelins were still at the maximum range of detection when the defense set up on Omiron 09 came alive as its red alert status has triggered it the moment it detected the coming Javelins. Hidden ports on the surface of the asteroid slid apart and weapons mounted platforms lifted on hydraulic stands. Huge muzzles of artillery guns from the Pulse Energy Cannons came up and started pouring out continued streams of deadly energy beams.

The Javelins quickly took evasive actions, breaking their attack formation already anticipating something like this. But something went wrong as even with the the quick dodging of the Javelins, about ten of them got blown up. While the leaders of each flying squad was still wondering what could have gone wrong, other Javelins started to drop out of the tactical display showing that more Javelins were getting blown up every second.

The captain in charge of all the Javelins, dodging multiple energy bolts as he was hard pressed to avoid his craft being hit. Freeing himself from the attacks successfully, he pointed his scanners at the surface of asteroid trying to figure out what the problem was. The sudden change of the expected results was unnerving and its taking the pilots of the Javelins a while to adjust and shake off the surprise.

What the Javelins captain noticed is that so far the fire coming at them from the asteroid were from the PECs, they are shooting energy bolts that have no ability to lock on to flying crafts. Energy bolts are line of sight guns and they go on a linear path, they don’t have the ability to change course when their targets maneuver out of their paths. But that hard established fact is beginning to look like a lie at the moment.

The captain was determined to find out why. The first clue he got was that the PECs went off at extreme range when the Javelins appeared. That is odd in itself and a strange tactics to employ for a defensive measure. Calling on four Javelins to come behind him, he ordered his deputy to continue the general attack run while he gets close to the asteroid from a different angle. The captain pulled out of the general Javelins force took a wide turn and approached Omiron 09 from a path not taken by the others. Something immediately became clear. As soon as he pulled away from the bulk of the attacking Javelins, the PECs on the asteroid didn’t shoot at him again. Now that is definitely worth investigating, the captain thought.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 11:05am On Jul 25, 2018
With his sensors on full sensitivity, he got within a safe distance from the asteroid and took time to study the positions of the weapon platforms of the PECs. They were more than a hundred guns firing all at once, nonstop at the Javelins. Just then he noticed a wide sensor dish on the asteroid surface which seem to serve no purpose at all.

Taking time to read through the schematics the tac display supplied to him on that odd sensor dish, he noticed what was off about it. It was the sensor dish that was tagging all the Javelins, locking on them, studying their maneuver trajectories and supplying them to the PECs which made it impossible for the Javelins to dodge the fires from them. The captain communicated his discovery to the four Javelins flying behind him and issued out his orders. The five Javelins activates their missiles, targeting the sensor dish, fired them and five seconds after that the sensor dish blew up spectacularly.

The effects of the sensor dish been destroyed were immediately noticeable. The accuracy of the PECs were drastically reduced. But by then more than half of the Javelins were destroyed. Well that was better than nothing the captain thought sadly. But he was still trying to realign his scattered Javelins when a target lock warning sounded. He quickly checked his instruments to see what just tagged him. He saw a missile locked on him and coming swiftly.

This is a missile that is locked on his craft and simple dodging won’t shake it off his tail. He passed the warning to those Javelins with him then quickly prepared his counter measures . The counter measures were chutes that gives off extra heat and a clone reading of a Javelin. As he maneuvered out of the way of the coming missile, releasing the counter measures and he was glad to note that the missile locked on the decoy and headed for it.

The missile hit the decoy chute and exploded. But the joy of escaping that attack was short lived however as the captain immediately noticed that something was wrong, just then he realized that the missile shot at him was not a regular missile, recalling the Intel sent to him from the flagship that the asteroid was equipped with Multi-Explosive Cluster(MEC) bombs. Just then he knew that is what the missile was equipped with. But that realization was too late for him because just then a sudden fireball engulfed his Javelin and the others flying with him. Five Javelins blew up one after the other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by bqlekan(m): 12:42pm On Jul 25, 2018
Apollux:

you still need to show me the time machine that brought you back to our time. You can't make me believe all your theories here are mere exaggerations. They all are scientifically plausible. Also don't you think spacetime warping (alcubierre drive), teleportation (blink drive from the movie 'black matter' ) could be the future of interstellar travel other than FTL engines? As the problem of 'mass' still persist. Can you introduce any of it in this series? Like the mega corporations or marvel getting their hands on the technology. And pls update more frequently biko
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
bqlekan:
you still need to show me the time machine that brought you back to our time. You can't make me believe all your theories here are mere exaggerations. They all are scientifically plausible. Also don't you think spacetime warping (alcubierre drive), teleportation (blink drive from the movie 'black matter' ) could be the future of interstellar travel other than FTL engines? As the problem of 'mass' still persist. Can you introduce any of it in this series? Like the mega corporations or marvel getting their hands on the technology. And pls update more frequently biko

Lol, you will have to wait for part 3; FIRST CONTACT. There are other possible ways to traverse space , like Fold space which is similar to warp drive. But I just kept with the generic simple stuff that are already common in most popular sci fi, so I don't take too much time on explaining how they work. Also teleportation as a means of conquering the vast distances of interstellar space was used in the old sci fi novel BATTLE FIELD EARTH .

If you take careful note of my stories so far on Marvel Chronicles, as a possible future world, there are things that are conspicuously missing. One of them is robots. I have refused to add them and it's deliberate. Two, computers. I have tried as much as possible not to use the word instead using words like data consoles. Then three is aliens. Four genetic modified creatures. In fact I made it that attempts on this by the mega corporations failed.

Well some of these things will be added in the third installment but some will not. I plan writing lots of other sci fi stories in the future that will feature some of these.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2018
Seconds after that, other missiles armed with the MEC warheads were fired from missile silos on the asteroid’s surface. The missiles unerringly went to the leftover of the attacking Javelins. Despite the swift response of the Javelin crafts to avoid the coming missiles, firing chutes of missiles counter measures, they were all destroyed. The MEC bombs doesn’t need to hit a target directly to be effective. All it needs is get within close proximity with the target, exploding, which scatters its parts in a wide arc. And each scattered part is an explosive itself which makes it hard for the target to evade. The first wave of the Javelins attacking Omiron 09 was effectively destroyed.

Watching the results of the battle from the bridge of the flagship MMS-Defiant, admiral Makushiba studied with concentrated intensity the tactical feed displaying on the holo screen showing before his chair. Leyland, though not a naval officer, was able to understand the implications of the readings. Though he wasn’t worried, because the admiral is a competent commander on space sorties.

“All Destroyers and Lancers on the pincers arms, refrain from deploying your Javelin attack boats. “ the admiral ordered into the comm channel that linked him with all the commanders of the ships. “Cut speed, stay beyond the range of the missiles coming, transfer more power to the forward part of your energy shields. Fire your long range missiles and blow up all those silos. “

The six ships on the two pincer arms complied and unleashed several long range missiles at Omiron 09. The MEC missiles from the asteroid took the coming missiles as their targets and headed to intercept them. When close enough, they exploded trying to take out the swift long range missiles from the Destroyers and Lancers. The Multi-Explosive Cluster bombs were able to stop only a few of them as they were poor in anti-missiles abilities and the long range missiles were moving at speeds that far exceeded their own.

So most of the long range missiles escaped the multi explosions by being faster and they hammered the silos were the MEC missiles were launched and blew them all up. The explosions on the surface of Omiron 09 was extensive and multiple secondary explosions followed as a result of the Multi-Explosive bombs that were still in the arsenal got triggered. Huge chunks of rocks broke away from the surface of the asteroid and the whole of Omiron 09 shock from the result of the explosions.

The admiral told them to hold on using the long range missiles because he doesn’t want to endanger their operatives already on ground in the asteroid and there is a plan of landing troops on that asteroid. But something kept nagging at the back of the admiral’s mind. Looking at general Leyland, he noticed that the same worry on the marine commander’s face mirrored his own: if it’s true that there are ships within that asteroid, why haven’t they been deployed yet. As if in answer to their inner quarries, several blips started to come on on both the radar screen and the tac holo display.

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2018
“Sir, “ the personnel monitoring the radar screen called to the admiral. “We are having things appearing from the side of Omiron 09. According to the reading they are huge, my guess is that they are ships. “
“Tell me the class of ships they are. “
“Alright sir. “ After a while the one monitoring the radar said, “Sir I think the results are out. Most of them are corvettes and there are some bigger ones that appears to be frigate size vessels. “

“Give me the readings on their armaments and weapon capacity. “ The admiral ordered.
“They are as armed as the size of the ships. Their payload seem to be as much as our Lancers. “ the personnel replied.
“I think we can take them out easily. The Lancers and Destroyers may not need us. “ the admiral said to Leyland.
“Excuse me sir, “ said another officer also monitoring the sensor screen. “ We have about forty of them seen on screen. “

“What? “ the admiral screamed almost jumping out of the seat. “How could they have build up to forty ships of those classes. “
“Well that is what we are here to find out and stop. “ Leyland simply said studying the radar readings that detected the coming of the ships which have been transferred to the admiral’s holo display.
“My friend we might be hard pressed to defeat heavily armed corvette and frigate ships. “
“So how possible will landing an assault troop on that asteroid be? “ Leyland asked.
“ I may get close to the asteroid, release the troop carriers before going to engage the ships coming. “

“Alright, let me inform the invading troops to give them the heads up. “ as Leyland turned to leave the bridge, the admiral stopped him.
“I’d like you to know that I’m not really in support of you personally leading the assault ground troop. You are a full general, your place is directing the battle from a command center. “
With a slight laugh the general replied. “You know me admiral, I’m a combat general. I command my troops not from a command center but on the front line of the battle. I’m not too old to carry a weapon and taking down enemy soldiers. Don’t fear for my safety, I will be in full armored combat vest. So I will be fine. “

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
Saluting the admiral, Leyland left and the admiral replied too with a salute of his own but his face was sad. Issuing quick orders, the admiral got the flagship into position to get its first act of the battle. The immediate purpose of the MMS-Defiant, is not to engage any enemies, the others will do that, and will have their hands full with a four to one odds. The admiral needed to get close enough to release the armored troop carriers in a position were they can easily get to the asteroid's surface and land safely. While the Destroyer, Whitefang, was leading the other two Lancers, HS-Ferret and Dragonfoot to directly engage the coming ships, the MMS-Defiant, can break off from the fight, head to the asteroid, land the troop carriers then return back to join the fight.

As the forty enemy ships came within range, they took on attack positions, breaking into three parts to face the three angle attack points of the earth’s space navy. While thirteen ships faced the pincers arms, the leftover fourteen faced the middle point which have the dreadnought following behind the three smaller ships. Just then the battle joined announcing the engagements with firing of missiles, antimissiles, lazers and energy bolts. Explosions were going off as missiles got taken out by antimissiles and energy bolts were hitting unyielding energy shields.

Though tactically, the Lancers and Destroyers were more heavily armed than common frigates and corvettes, still the types produced by the mega corporations were heavily rigged to carry more armaments and at least close to the level of a Lancer class ship as far as weaponry was concerned. But the modifications took their toil on the mega corporations’ frigate and corvette class ships, as they had to cut down on other areas so as to be able to arm them better.

One of those areas was speed. The corvettes and frigates were much more slower than they should normally be. Then next was the strength of their energy shields which won’t stand long on heavy sustained barrage of energy and missiles fire. Another disadvantage of the mega corporations’ ships was that they were crewed with lots of less than battle hardened and experienced space fighters. There were actually some in their ranks that have flown sorties in space before, fewer had actually had engaged in dog fight in space. But these ones are in the rear minority.

These short comings started becoming obvious at the opening sequence of the battle. In the first exchange of salvos between the ships, the mega corporations suffered the death of nine ships as a result of failed shields and slow maneuverability. These weaknesses were heavily utilized by the Lancers to full advantage by dealing heavy damages to them. But the share weight of numbers was giving the mega corporations’ corvettes and frigates ships advantages to recover and realign, with the greater number and almost equal weapon standing with the Destroyers and Lancers, they started having their share of victory. Two Lancers and two Destroyers fell under the fresh onslaught.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2018
The Whitefang Destroyer deployed the carrier boats within it to head for the damaged HS-Marker Destroyer carrying the much needed spare parts necessary to make the repairs. That was just in time before the other fourteen frigates and corvettes came at it with the Lancers HS-Ferret and Dragonfoot. Immediately heavy fire exchange took place, explosions and ship body parts were being blown apart. HS-Ferret took a full high speed maneuver that took it out of the part of on coming attack corvettes, though built for high speed and quick maneuverability, the Lancer is still too big, so it will have to tell on its move.

The initial salvos of energy fires from the corvettes missed their target then the Lancer turned and returned with a barrage of its own. It targeted all three corvettes at once as their attack formation puts them together in such a way that they can be targeted at once. As the energy fire from the Lancer came at them, their energy shields was able to deflect most of the beams with very little damages. Then they scattered in other to make themselves smaller targets. This is exactly what the captain of the Lancer wanted, it will give him the chance to target them one after the other.

Three corvettes coming together at the same time to face the Lancer might give the HS-Ferret a hard time dealing with them. But as they scattered, the Lancer can pick them off one after the other. That was why he didn’t use missiles in his first attack but used energy cannons first reserving its missiles for the major one.

Like a predator going after a prey, the HS-Ferret pounced on one of the corvettes releasing missiles after missiles. The corvette tried a fast speed get away which failed totally as the Lancer was much faster. The shield on the corvette came up but went down seconds later under the continued pounding of missile explosions. The corvette was doomed as a final volley from the HS-Ferret blow up the corvette’s hulls blowing it up like a thin can. Tiny explosions started blowing from the internal parts of the ship. All of a sudden, the corvette seem to crack into two as a massive fireball blew the corvette apart, huge debris made of ship parts were scattered far.

Having learnt a lesson from the error of separating themselves, the other two corvettes came together on an attack run at the Lancer. The HS-Ferret being way faster than they are used a blast of speed to gain some distance ahead of them then did a sudden turn that put massive stress on the structure of the ship. Most of the crew within were hard pressed by the crushing of the G force but they were used to that and shook off the paralyzing effects.

The Lancer came at a much faster speed than the corvettes were expecting with hails of missiles leading the way ahead of the HS-Ferret. With desperation, the corvettes release all the missiles in their ports, then send distress calls to others before they got engulfed in a firestorm of exploding missiles that tore them apart in a spectacular display. The Lancer also got hit by the last attacks from the corvettes, its shield held long enough for most of the exploding rockets to have been exhausted. But when the shield failed, few of the missiles were still coming and hit home on its frame.

The Lancer may be armored but not as heavy as a Destroyer. So it can take less punishment than a Destroyer. After the missiles exploded on the HS-Ferret’s hull, several hull breaches were experienced, some crews in the affected areas were blown away into the airless void of space. Life support on the ship went down to fifty two percent, power was still at around seventy percent. Auto hull sealer came on and the hull breaches were covered while minor repairs kicked up automatically but the ship will have to be out of the fight temporarily.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2018
While all the other Lancers and Destroyers were engaged, admiral Makushiba directed the flagship, MMS-Defiant, to stay away from the fight and head for Omiron 09. The mission of the invading troops is also very vital for the overall success of this task force. With the massive size of the dreadnought flagship, it was impossible for it to pull away from the fight without it being noticed.

Three frigates who hadn’t joined the fight yet but have stayed well away from the battle, being prepared for such an endeavor as the sudden change of the dreadnought’s move saw it and pushed out of their stationary positions. These frigates moved with slow speed as they were heavily laden with weapons strong enough to take out a dreadnought. Dalmar having received Intel about the coming task force having a dreadnought among them knew that they have nothing that can take out that class of ship so he had specially prepared these frigates to be heavily armed, beyond the amount of payload a frigate can carry.

The frigates have sacrificed the number of crews, spaces for fusion drives engines and armor just to get armed enough to have a chance to destroy the dreadnought that was easily more than ten times the size of a frigate. The frigates fired their thrusters to engage the flagship on an intercept course. Their mission has been simple, the moment they get within range, unleash all their weapons on the dreadnought. If that failed to work, they should get to speed and ram themselves into the dreadnought, their hulls were already wired with high explosives that can knock out the flagship’s shield and tear open its densely armored hull.

“Sir, I think we have attracted some one, “ the bridge crew officer on the MMS-Defiant watching the tac screen called out to the admiral.
“What do we have? “
“Three blips which are definitely ships heading for a course whose trajectory will intercept us in another fifteen minutes. “ the officer replied his superior. “From the sizes of the ships, they are likely frigate class. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2018
Taking a moment to think about that, the admiral turned to the naval officer on the sensor screen. “Increase sensor view magnification to maximum. This is odd and something fishy is aloof. No frigates, in any way will boldly challenge a dreadnought. “
“Yes sir, “ the female officer handling that replied. After several readings, she spoke up again. “Sir, these are unusual frigates. They are cut down to the minimum of every thing, life support, crew, armor and even drive engines. Yet they are heavier than normal frigates. The cut down parts are filled with weapons, way beyond what a frigate should be able to carry. “

“Oh I can see, very brilliant. That’s a kamikaze move. They think we might overlook them since they are just frigates and not perceive them as threats. “ The admiral thought out loudly. “Well what’s the ETA to the intercept point? “
“Eight minutes sir. “ was the reply.
“Ok, weapons and power get our shield up to eighty percent power. Arm all missiles and get ready to fire. Open all ports for our batteries and cannons to be aligned to target the coming frigates. They will be firing at us any moment from now. “

Just like the admiral predicted, the frigates unleashed volleys after volleys of missiles, hundreds of them heading unerringly for the dreadnought. Soon they crashed on the heavily potent energy cover surrounding the flagship. Exploding and releasing bright energy burst. Inside the dreadnought, the explosions were felt as dull roar sounding at the background.
“Sir ship’s energy integrity just dropped to fifty-seven percent. “ the officer on the power control said. “Still the shield is holding, no damage yet. “
“Alright let’s teach these little boys how we roll in space. Use the EN-NG maxi-guns, let it take out their energy shields, then we will let the hammer head hit them. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
Large forward facing turrets at the fore of the dreadnought swiveled, their smart targeting locking on to the frigates that were hundreds of kilometers away. As soon as the guns got the fix on them, they fired. Huge green colored energy beams shot out of the turrets and hitting the frigates almost instantly. The beams moved at the spread of light and covering hundreds of kilometers will take less than a full second.

The frigates had no speed, so even when the alarms within them sounded of target lock, they couldn’t move out of the way quickly enough before the dreadnought fired. The green beams hit the frigates but instead of exploding, they just splayed over their hulls with green lights which went off after covering them for two seconds. The commanders of the frigates were initially surprised after the beams hit them and they didn’t blow up immediately.

They know their was no way their shields could have protected them from something that powerful. Besides that, the firing came in too fast for the crew on the bridge to get a full reading on the kind of weapon that was used on them. Each captain has a self destruct button with them that they can use to blow themselves up and take out the dreadnought as well if they get within range.

The commanders of the frigates were about to order their crew to prepare for ramming the dreadnought when all light in the ships went off. Turning quickly, they looked at the control areas on their bridge and noticed that they were off too. That was when the nature of the weapon used against them by the dreadnought became obvious. It was an energy negation weapon. As it hit them it shut down their power and control like an EMP field. That means they can’t move to ram the dreadnought, the self destruct control is offline and their shields are down. The commanders looked on in their dark bridge dreading the feeling of total failure about to hit them and something much worse than that will be coming after.

“Alright hit them with the missiles. “ Makushiba ordered.
“Aye sir, “ the weapon control said as he punched in the keys.
Six AA wildlife missiles shot out of the dreadnought ports. These missiles are nicknamed “Bunker Busters “ as they are made to effectively tear up heavily armored fortresses. They do to bunkers what an armor piercer rounds does to a thin line of metal. The outer layer of the missiles are covered with hardened metal strong enough to tear armored surface, blowing it open and spilling out the explosive warheads within their conical head into the bowels of their targets before exploding. Using the wildfire missiles against the frigates was like an overkill. The admiral didn’t mind though as they have more than enough of wildfire to go round all their oppositions.

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
Each of the frigates simply broke into three parts as the missiles hit them and the following explosions tore the parts into further smaller pieces. The crew in them didn’t have time to reflect on their failures before they were torn apart then vaporized.

With few kilometers to the asteroid, having confirmed that all marine troops are in their troop carrier crafts and they are ready to be launched, the admiral ordered them to be deployed. As he watched the troop carriers heading out to Omiron 09, he wished his fellow colleague career officer good luck. He turned the dreadnought and headed for the battle hoping to bring down more frigates or corvettes at least, that is if the battle is not over by then.

The space marine soldiers were all seated on the crash chairs in the troop carriers, belted in and holding their weapons. All had standard issued KAP-MAG energy rifles that can fire unerringly in all atmosphere and vacuum. Each of them also has energy side arms locked on their belt holsters and several types of grenade pinned on their combat webbings. They all have their helmet on with visor down except for the general whose visor was up and his eyes bore into the reflective visors on their faces.

General Leyland is presently in command of four companies of marines, each having about ninety solders . Every one of the company is made up of three platoons under the command of either a captain or lieutenant. At the moment he has two majors and four captains with him, all competent and experienced battle hardened space marines. Each of the four troop carriers is carrying a full company of marines . Besides their infantry weapons, they carry other heavier ordinances that are more than anti-personnel weapons.

A Modular Field Artillery is among them and few all vacuum RPGs. Still the general felt they were not fully armed. He chuckled as he thought of that. There’s never any fight you go into feeling you have every weapons and equipment you will need. Carry the most basic and necessary ones, then pray for luck. In his battle slogan since his days as a combat drill instructor sergeant, “You can never have enough guns. “

He knew he’s worried but occupied his mind with other things to bury his worries deep down. He really wished Marvel will come out of this alive. The mega corporations have really surprised him with what they are capable of doing and what they have seen so far might not be all they have to throw at them. Well this invasion was to draw attention away from Marvel and his group, so he will have less resistance to face in accomplishing his mission.

Of course Omiron 09 could have been blasted from space by the dreadnought, it is armed with weapons powerful enough to blow the asteroid to pieces. But that wasn’t their purpose, they need to bring Dalmar and Jeffery alive to face trial so the politicians and other head of mega corporations controlling colonies will not see it as an earth government sanctioned execution. Though if both dies during the engagement, he will have to face the back lash from what ever will come out of it.

So he will need hard facts and evidence to indict Dalmar and Jeffery of crimes so as to exonerate himself from being attacked of taking extra judicial actions. This is the major part of Marvel’s incursion that is very important. Beyond apprehending the heads of the mega corporations alive, is the need to get evidence. The data stolen from the Trans Terra tower in Nuterra must be somewhere here, if Dalmar is here. That is the more reason cyborg is going with Marvel to see if the data can be recovered undamaged.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2018
The troop carriers encountered resistance as they got close to landing on the asteroids. Small arms energy fires and vacuum capable rockets. The carriers may not be fast as ships goes but are highly maneuverable within short distances . And in order to safe guard the troops they carry, they have been built to be heavily armored. Though they are lightly armed with just anti-personnel weapons like mini chain guns, grenade throwers and rocket launchers.

The pilots of the beetle shaped troop carriers drove with deft skill dodging the hails of lazer fires, plasma beams and rocket fires. The pilot at the front troop carrier spoke to the weapon controller sitting beside him to clear the landing area by taking out the oppositions. As the weapon controller acknowledged, he held the weapon joystick and other controls for the weapon system of the troop carrier. He locked on the rocket shooters, releasing a stream of his own rockets that blew them apart.

Searching for more targets, he saw several space suited figures on the surface of the asteroid. They are the ones shooting the lazers at them. Turning the mini chain guns, mounted at the forward face of the troop carrier, he fired into them. This particular mini chain gun was specially made to fire unconventional rounds that are semi luminous so they can travel through the vacuum of space. The space suited attackers were ripped apart as the heavy bullets from the mini gun hit them. Sudden white gaseous steam escaped from their bodies as their space suits were torn apart and the air within their vacuum sealed space suits were released.

“Landing zone cleared. “ the weapon controller told the troop carrier pilot.
“We are at the landing zone sir, we are prepared to let you leave. “ the pilot’s voice sounded on the tiny speaker on general Leyland’s helmet.
“Alright troops, time to haul ass. “ Leyland said after acknowledging the receipt of the pilot’s message.

The four troop carriers came in for a landing one after the other and taking off to the airless heavens after their cargo of space marine companies have been disgorged. Just then multiple fires from several angles poured on them. General Leyland ran, actually bounced on the airless surface of Omiron 09 heading for some protruding ridges for cover. He gave the order for the marines to scatter and look for cover.

They obeyed instantly, looking for possible covering area. One of the marines that tried returning fire was blown off his feet as a rocket hit him and blew him apart. The others beside him quickly dropped down to give them better chances of avoiding the explosion and possible shrapnel. Energy fires and lazers were pouring at them from all areas. The floor of the rocks was being chewed by high caliber rounds.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
Leyland took a quick look around to make sure his troops are all under cover, then used the magnification on his helmet visual display to check out the places the shots were coming from. The problem with space fight is that there are not real cardinal points of North , West, East and South, all those concepts are only workable on a planet. In space, you prepare for a 360° angle of engagement, so it’s all about relative coordinates.

At the moment they have to take the floor of the asteroid as the constant then choose a point from which other fixed axis can be drown from. He quickly choose the large hatch they had intended using as there entrance into the bowel of the asteroid. With that, he did a scan of the areas they are being fired at. He noticed six concentrated places of fire. Two of them have the rocket shooters. Something else caught his eye, Mobile Land Artillery platform. Damn that will really slow them down. Calling up full spec analysis to determine the point where his troops are and plotting the best course to counter this sudden attack.

“Daw, “ Leyland called to one of the majors with him. “I will take out that mobile land artillery platform. Bring two squads, with captain Onero, take out that two rocket fire emplacement. “
“Rodney,” he called to the second major. “Stay behind and command the rest of the companies. Then give me heavy cover fire as I move out. Captain Guan, take a squad, with a modular field artillery. Get it assembled and set up with two men to carry it and other squad members creating a covering perimeter around them. We move the moment Rodney starts the covering fire. “

Quickly the two marines who carried the parts of the modular field artillery come together and started assembling the parts . The modular mobile artillery is a huge gun made to be used on field by personnel. It is much bigger than a rocket launcher, so for ease of transportation, it is disassembled and carried in parts into the battle field and quickly reassembled when it is about to be used, that is its main advantage, it can be disassembled and assembled within seconds and packs a heavy punch .

The two marines assembled the gun in ten seconds flat as the other marines exchanged heavy gun fires with the defenders of Omiron 09, and huge explosions were hammering their positions from the mobile land artillery. Then the one carrying the shells for the modular field artillery came closer, dropping the obviously heavy backpack containing them, then giving the huge arrow shaped shells to those setting it up and they quickly armed it.
“Modular field artillery set up is complete sir and ready for use. “ said one of the two marines who set up the gun. He was a Sergeant. The Modular Field Artillery has a very big muzzle affixed to a tripod stand, with a small holo display area for the targeting and huge drum shells container underneath for the ammo.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
“Alright Rodney light up our path. “ Leyland said, bringing his rifle on line for firing. Just then a whole company of marines directed their combine rifles to fire at the route the general will take to confront the mobile land artillery. The defenders of the Omiron 09 that were left open in other to take gun shots at the covered space marines were cut down. The ferocity of the fires forced those controlling the mobile land artillery to take cover behind its armored shields.

The mobile land artillery looks more like an open headed hover tank, with wheels and two primary cannons and four mini gat guns. Despite it not being totally covered with heavy armor plating, and being a land bound vehicle limits its speed and maneuverability, yet the weapons it carries can be devastating to infantry solders. So the general knows that for them to get to that hatch, that land cannon must be taken out.

Jumping out of his cover, Leyland ran ahead towards the mobile land artillery, his gun raised and aimed, the marine squad running behind him. Two heavily built marines carried the modular artillery, with the weightlessness of the asteroid making it easy and the other marine squad surrounding them. With a swift command Leyland ordered the marine creating the perimeter to drop down as he also did with his gun raised. Most of the asteroid defenders came out of hiding trying to take down the advancing marine squad.

Leyland fired taking out the first one to come out. The other marines, though lying prone on the rocky floor of the asteroid, fired too. Fiery hails of energy bolts struck the defenders. Some fell and others went back into hiding. The driver and gunners on the mobile land artillery were laying under cover of the armored body in such a way that they can’t come to the control. But one of the gunners dared, quickly jumping up to hold the gun control amidst the fire hitting it. Leyland was waiting for such a move. With a steady hold on his rifle, he fired two shots, one on the head the other on the center of mass. The gunner was knocked away from the vehicle, the lack of gravity helping to push him back ward.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:36pm On Aug 01, 2018
“Ok boys take that vehicle out. “ Leyland ordered the two marines holding the modular field artillery. “
In response they held the gun control, targeted the vehicle, locked on it then pulled the trigger. Gentle recoil moved the modular gun as the shells were shot. The shells hit the mobile land artillery, exploded tearing the vehicle apart. Those behind were ripped apart with the blood and space suit pieces scattered around. As the artillery was destroyed, the marine troops came up with concentrated fire, taking out the defenders as they tried retreating seeing their cover blown. The fire from the marines took them all out. Soon the fire ceased and the defenders were all dead.

“Sir, I got boogies on my sight. “ cackled on the ear comm unit of the general’s helmet.
“What do you think they are? “
“Small aerial vehicles, about the sizes of hover buses but they are armed with gat guns and RPGs. “ was the reply the general got.
“How many are they? “
“About a dozen sir. “
“Manned or drones? “
“There are life readings in them sir, so that will suggest they could have human pilots within them. “

“Hover hawk, hope you got all that? “ this time the general was speaking to the pilot on one of the troop carrier still some kilometers above the asteroid.
“Yes sir, I can pick up the boogies on my scanners. We are about a minute out. “ the pilot replied.
“I want you to take them out, fast. “ the general ordered
“Yes sir, fast is what we do. “
Turning to the troops all coming out of their covers getting ready for another move. “Listen up boys, we’ve got heavy inbound. So you will all have to activate your active camouflage. “

The space marine force recon combat camouflage armor has two set of camo settings. The passive camo is the default one, which blends them to surrounding environments. That makes them hard to be seen by the visible eyes, but IR and heat seeking scanners can still pick them out. But the active camo setting makes them impossible to be seen visibly and they can’t be picked up by scanning machines. The only downside is it drains the camo power cell too first. So they can only be effectively covered for only short periods of time. One after the other the marine troops seem to shimmer and disappear.

Just then the aerial vehicles swoop down on the area the troops were last seen, then seem to jerk about the place as if confused. They know this was the place their instruments had indicated that the marines were attacking from, but now nothing can be seen. No visible sighting of them nor is their scanners, IR and heat seekers seeing anything. The pilots on the aerial vehicles knew that it was impossible for them to have broken in to the inside of the asteroid, no alarm or indication of them yet, so they must still be around here somewhere, but where? They can see the burning wreckages of vehicles, porch marks of explosions and scattered parts of dead bodies but of the invading marines, there was no sign.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
One disadvantage of the aerial vehicles scanning equipment is they are all surface to land alone and couldn’t detect the attacking troop carriers until they started blowing up one after the other. The troop carriers came on them suddenly firing rockets and mini guns. Tearing through the hovering aerial vehicles and blowing them to pieces. Just as it started, it ended, all aerial vehicles were destroyed.
“All clear sir, you can proceed. “ the lead pilot of the troop carrier said.

“Alright, go off active camouflage mode now. “ General Leyland said as his combat armor became visible again. Just then like wraiths, the other marine troops started to flash back to visibility.
With Leyland at the lead, the marines ran/jumped to the hatch that was to lead them to the inner part of the asteroid. Calling on one of the tech boys in the marine companies, Leyland directed him to open the hatch which was like a big circular manhole on the floor of the asteroid . The techie came on, took a quick look around the hatch, them stopped at the control board area . He brought out a portable data console, attaching two wires from it to the hatch control. Reading through the figures scrolling on the tiny holo display of the portable data console with the other marines forming a round circle around him, the general and two majors, backs turned, eyes peeled and guns leveled, ready to fire , he turned to the general.

“Sir this hatch was rigged to explode upon a forced entry, but I have disarmed the booby trap, so it’s safe to go in now. “
“Open the hatch. “ the general said to the two soldiers carrying the hardware that will be used for that.
They came forward with a light driller, affixed it to sealed edges of the main hatch, with quick control, the sealed hatch was pulled apart and a silent whoosh of gas poured out from it as the atmosphere within was sucked into the vacuum of space.

Just then the edges of the hatch began to pour out semi liquid jelly, that was the auto-seal mechanism that was supposed to cover any breach in the environment inside the asteroid. But the marines came prepared as they attached tiny round mechanism at the edges which temporarily held back the auto-sealer. The hatch lead to a cylindrical shaft going down, having hand holds ladder on both sides. The darkness of the place went out as lights came on automatically showing that it’s about five meters deep when it veers off vertically into the asteroid.

“Sir I just detected that there are two lazer guided heavy duty chain guns within the entrance which are controlled by pressure and motion sensors. “ The techie said.
“Alright you know what to do. “
“Yes sir, “ the techie marine replied, pulling out some mechanical parts from a backpack carried by another marine. Quickly assembling it to form a cylindrical shape machine with stubby wings. It is a spy attack drone about two meters long. It is equipped to go in to tight places and scan ahead. Beyond that it is armed with a lazer turret for limited fire. Controlling the drone, as it lifted easily from the asteroid’s floor using the antigravity rings around it, the techie directed it into the shaft of the hatch.

The spy attack drone, was specifically programmed to locate weapons. As it got within range of the guns inside it gave a signal which the techie responded by sending a coded command. At that the spy attack drone shot out intense lazer beams that hit the heavy duty guns. The heat from the lazer burnt their delicate circuitry, then melted some of the control and sensor units. The guns quickly went off line.
“Sir we are cleared to proceed. “
“Move out boys. “ the order came from Leyland.
The marines started going down in batches while others watched, surrounding the hatch areas with guns lifted and pointing outwards in all directions. Eyes peeled and optical sensors on high magnification
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:56pm On Aug 02, 2018
The marines started going down in batches while others watched surrounding the hatch areas guns lifted and pointing outwards in all directions. Eyes peeled and optical sensors on high magnification. As the bulk of the four companies of space marine force recon troops went down, few of them will stay on the asteroid’s surface to secure the entrance. While the four troop carriers will patrol that area steadily to discourage any form of ambush.

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

The lift carrying Marvel and his group came to a stop then the door opened followed immediately by multiple fire of lazer bolts. They had walked into an ambush. The energy sizzling whine of the lazer bolts flying around and hitting the door and walls of the lift was almost deafening. Black porch marks started marking the areas the lazer bolts were hitting. Marvel’s armored suit took several hits without them having any noticeable effects, so also the full combat camouflage armor worn by the marine troops. Only the Mole felt threatened, as he is aware that his body armor combat harness can only take limited amount of shots before it can no longer cover him. So he took covering behind the cyborg.

“Let me take the shooters out. “ the cold voice of the cyborg broke through the din of lazer fire.
“Leave that to me. Let’s me give this armored suit it’s first real life test. “ Marvel replied instead noting that though they were all packed within the confine space of the lift and the heavy fires chewing the place to pieces have kept them back inside with no near cover in sight, none of them is in immediate danger.

The exit from the lift didn’t give Marvel enough room to have a wide angle view from where the fires are coming from but all he can see is that the lift led to a place that looks like a small hanger for small crafts. So far he could pick out partially completed parts of flying vehicles that are like in a state of being repaired. That is one of the places those shooting at them was hiding behind. Then something caught his eyes. He saw two people coming behind the attackers pushing a cannon like gun on a trolley of four small wheels. Damn so they are bringing in the heavy-duty guns now. Running behind those pushing the cannon on wheels are about half a dozen people running awkwardly been burdened by the huge RPG tubes they were carrying.

Marvel’s armored hand went quickly to the magnetic clamp at his back holding the custom guns for his AA suit. He pulled out the TEC 10 rocket launcher, already loaded with twelve explosive shells. Bringing the gun in line the suit has already calculated the weapons attacking him and the ones about to, their capacity and threat level. It tagged the wheeled cannon as the number one threat and by default targeted it first. Marvel went with the assessment of the suit’s combat programming and fired the TEC 10.

A single rocket shot from its muzzle at the head of a smoke contrail. The rocket hit the wheeled cannon dead center then exploded. The explosion was so much that it tore the cannon to pieces, blowing those pushing it into scattered meat parts. The sudden shock of the explosion temporarily made the shooters to stop firing for a second.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
“Wow, I love this TEC 10. Let me use it again. “ Marvel said loudly after Whistling with surprise from the result. The next immediate higher threat the suit could recognize were the people carrying the RPGs. Fortunately they were running together in a group. The suit tagged the man in the middle as the target that will give the maximum result. Marvel fired again. This time the rocket hit the man in the middle and he simply vanished in the middle of the explosion that took the others with him. “Alright everyone hit them hard.”

The marine team now came out guns lifted and shooting. The attackers started to fall from the superior fighting prowess of the space marine force recon. They were called the best for just this. The immediate area was cleared of all threat which allowed Marvel to take a better look at where they are. He saw that the place is not totally a hanger, but a storage place attach to a hanger where parts for replacing crafts and flying vehicles were kept. There were other equipment kept here too that Marvel couldn’t tell their use. Calling on McCain, he gave him his orders.

“They will already know by now that an attack is coming from this area and reinforcements will be on their way. So expect heavy resistance from now on. Hope fully as soon as the main attack from the other angle starts, more resources will be pulled to face that leaving us with less defenses to tackle. “
As the marine lieutenant acknowledged that, Marvel turned to the cyborg. “You know we are not really here to fight. We allow the marines do the grunt work, while you, me and the Mole focus on data retrieval. “

Marvel led them all out of the storage area through the door which brought them to he main hanger. The hanger was almost virtually empty of any kind of space crafts. It’s size was immense, easily bigger that a twenty gravity ball field. There are evidence that space ships of some sorts have been here before. There are spare , damaged parts which have been replaced, power coupling tools, huge armored power cables, mini portable fusion power junctions and discarded working tools. These pieces of mechanical parts were scattered around the wide place.

Looking further down into the huge space ship hanger, the image of a single space vessel is seen. Initially, Marvel had thought that might be a hologram image but the hard edges of the image made him know the ship is real. Its build type is slick with a design language of something built for speed. It is way larger than a super cruiser. Something in size of between a corvette and frigate class ship. That wasn’t what captured his attention most, it was the opening of a large side sized door that was spilling out armed men raising various sizes of guns ready to fire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Olatoman(m): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2018
Two Suits Battle coming into view.
Apollux, anytime I read a new piece, it's like a movie playing in my head.
I'm sure you monetize this your Sci-fi stories, I can imagine a Hollywood Producer/Scriptwriter coming across this masterpiece.
Keep up the good works bro.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:14pm On Aug 03, 2018
Looking at them from that distance Marvel noticed that some of them are on security uniforms but most of them are on mufti of various clothing. He concluded the ones without uniforms should be the ones that are the prisoners broken out of the Afterlife prison.
“McCain these are yours. We have other things to take care of. “ Marvel told the marine lieutenant.
“Yes sir, we got you covered. “ the lieutenant said, his helmet hiding his facial features.

If Marvel was not someone familiar with the abilities of the space marine force recon, he would have doubted the lieutenant’s words as those people coming to attack them are more than three to one odds against them. As he watched, McCain was already issuing out orders and the marines split into teams taking up defensive positions and started taking out the attackers. With each shot, an attacker fell. In seconds the attacking wave faltered and scattered. Then each of the attackers look for covers as the number of their dead was mounting.

“Cyborg give me a quick exit to avoid engaging these people. “ Marvel said watching the impressive combat display of the marines.
“This way will take us out and lead to an access passage to a data terminal which will enable me access what we came here for. “ the cyborg pointed at a much smaller door that looked locked.
Marvel headed that way on a fast trot. Since entering the asteroid’s innards, the weightlessness has stopped and a gravity that seems closer to earth norm was on. They must have a gravity simulation machine somewhere in this place.

Well it suited him fine and will make his move as fast as possible. Getting to the door, Marvel held on to the handle to pull back and see if it was truly locked. With just a little exertion of force, the handle was ripped out of the metallic door. Marvel was surprised at the power of the AA suit. He just have to watch it, the strength of the suit could lead to more damages.
“Ok cyborg lead on. “ Marvel indicated, allowing the cyborg to go in first, the Mole following leaving him to trail behind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:20pm On Aug 03, 2018
The cyborg moved with his steps pounding heavily on the stone paved floor of the passage. The buildings with the asteroid seem to have been made more out of cut out and polished rocks with doors and fixtures made of iron and duraplast mostly. After taking few turns that involved the avoiding rooms, other dead end passages, at a time they came out of a building which lead them to a street with houses that are mostly like three stories domes carved out of the rock of the asteroid.

A wide road leads from one end of the street to the other. Ground cars with wheels were packed at intervals of the road. There were few wheeled trucks and construction vehicles too. Marvel didn’t have the time to wonder why they opted to use wheeled vehicles that had gone into oblivion centuries past. They met light resistance on the street which was easily quelled by their combined efforts. The cyborg led them further down the wide street till he came to a building that looks like the biggest they have seen so far and has the best design as it was of a more official building like. The top of it was one with the paved rock of the roof of the place but has more straight lines with plastiglass windows than a dome shape.

“What we seek is in this building. “ the cyborg said pointing.
Before they could take any step towards the building, the main door leading to it was ripped off it as an explosion blew it out . Coming through the fiery inferno of the explosion was a huge ADMEC, totally different from the ones any of them had seen. This ADMEC was almost twice the height of the humanoid shaped type. Though it self was also humanoid, as in it is bipedal, but it has four arms, two of which ended in huge cannons, the other two were like metallic claws.
As it stepped out of the flames, fire retardant foams were sprayed behind him killing the flames and heavily armed men came behind the ADMEC. Just then some of the windows above their heads were broken and men holding guns pointed at them poked out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
“Hello, you that are ready to die, I salute y’all. “ a loud voice spoke from the ADMEC. It came forward more with the loud whine of servomotors guns whirred into place on its shoulders and rocket ports were opened. “I will be the one welcoming you to your demise. “ After allowing that to sink in to its three audiences, it continued. “I believe we haven’t been introduced. I am Simon Omega at your service, your funeral service that is. “

That bit of information took Marvel by surprise. When he knew Simon Omega was still alive and among those who were broken out of the Afterlife, he had wished he never comes to face him. Now Simon is in an ADMEC that can easily tear Marvel’s AA suit apart.
“Well I was really hoping Marvel, that sick bounty hunter will be among you. “ the voice from the ADMEC continued. “Running away from the main fight and sneaking in at the back to score cheap points is just how he will behave. Imagine my disappointment to see that he is not one of you. I was really hoping to pay him back for sending me to the slammer. “

“Don’t get disappointed Simon Maghead, take a look and I hope you have not suffered any memory relapse during your days doing time. “ Marvel replied, allowing the face plate on his helmet to lift so that his face could be seen.
Simon’s ears tingled within the ADMEC. No one has ever called him that except this his most hated enemy, Marvel. “So we meet finally. How do you like my outfit, hope you like it? I will be killing you with this. “

As Simon Omega spoke he made a slight gesture with one of the clawed arm of the ADMEC. Just then a loud crack of a rifle sounded. Marvel’s arms were already moving in a cross fashion to cover his exposed face when a high velocity bullet hit the armored arms whining loudly as it ricochet on them and whizzed away. Marvel’s faceplate automatically came down and locked in place.
“Oh shit I was really hoping that little feat would have worked, taking you out quickly and saving me the effort of doing it myself. “ Simon said arming all guns and rockets on the ADMEC preparing to fire them all. “Ah well, I will still get the satisfaction of killing you myself. “

Just then another heavy steps sounded behind Simon’s ADMEC accompanied by the whirring of servomotors as another ADMEC came from the blown door. This was a more standard humanoid ADMEC. Still a second one followed it.
“Hope you don’t mind my friends joining this part. Like they said, the more the merrier. “ Simon said as he fired rockets from his ports at Marvel, the cyborg and the Mole.

Marvel’s move was enhanced by the AA suit and his jumping out of the way took him far from the point of impact of the rockets. The cyborg only moved a bit to cover the exposed Mole, so the ones that would have exploded around him landed on the cyborg. The Mole rolled away after the rockets finished exploding and ran away to a duracrete road block he saw and took cover behind it.
“Mole stay away from the fight with the ADMECs, just take out the human fighters. Cyborg, you take out those two other ADMECs. If you take them down, head for the data terminal, don’t wait for me. “ Marvel said as he turned to face the ADMECs, small weapons fires hitting and bouncing off his AA suit’s body frame. “Leave Simon Omega to me. “

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (36) (Reply)

Strings And Webs / As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.