₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,914,201 members, 3,920,726 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 November 2017 at 07:58 AM

WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES (4469 Views)

Download Over 170 Ebook Resources / One Day Practical Workshop On Printing And Book Production / How I Design Books And Book Covers (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 3:49pm On May 03
Get my PDF eBook on Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing and add another good stream of
income to your income streams. WhatsApp or
call 07064857544

10 WAYS TO BE AN EBOOK AUTHOR SUPERSTAR

According to an article published by theguardian, there are ten methods writers and self-published authors can use to translate their aspirations and passion into success.

These methods are listed below:
1. Choose the right book, the right genre
and the right title.
2. Don't just rely on Twitter or Facebook.
3. Crowd-source some help.
4. Go high-risk.
5. Give it away. Now!
6. Use social media in a clever way.
7. Talk, don't spam.
8. Be ready to slave away.
9. Take it to a bookshop.
10. Aim higher.

Read the entire article here: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2012/jun/06/become-an-ebook-superstar
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 8:20am On May 06
STEPHEN KING'S 20 TIPS FOR BECOMING A FRIGHTENINGLY GOOD WRITER

Stephen King has published 57 novels, all of them bestsellers. He has sold more than 350 million copies of his works.

According to Forbes, he earns approximately $40 million per year, making him one of the richest writers in the world.

To read the full Stephen King's 20 tips on how to become a good and successful writer, click the link below:
https://smartblogger.com/stephen-king/
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 3:41pm On May 10
EBOOK PUBLISHING TOOLS

You are probably about to launch an independent publishing career and you are wondering what are the tools you need, to really have a successful self-publishing experience. If that is your current situation, then I got you covered here.

Some of the software programs or applications
used in book and digital publishing to typeset a
document, edit the document, proof read it,
and format it for publishing are listed here and their uses explained in the post whose link is given below:

http://ebookstrati.blogspot.co.ke/2017/02/BookandDigitalPublishingToolsandSoftware.html?m=1
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 8:49am On May 14
WRITER'S BLOCK: 27 WAYS TO CRUSH IT FOREVER

As a writer, you probably have experienced writer's block! Yes, we all have experienced it. How to crush it or at least minimize its occurrence is very important.

To get to know how to crush this phenomenon, read these 27 great tips from SmartBlogger!
https://smartblogger.com/writers-block/
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 8:09am On May 16
15 Top Writing Guides for Novelists

Here are fifteen great and important guides for a novelist/writer to get the best results from his/her writing:
http://www.dailywritingtips.com/15-top-writing-guides-for-novelists/
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by pabon(m): 4:29pm On May 16
Thanks so much for this. I've been motivated. I thought you were going to direct me to a place where I had to buy some ebook but you proved me wrong.
Thanks once again. Really resourceful.

1 Like

Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 7:05am On May 17
98 Book Marketing Ideas That Can Help Authors Increase Sales:

One aspects of the independent author publishing career is marketing of your books. Here are 98 basic marketing ideas to help you get more sales.
https://insights.bookbub.com/book-marketing-ideas/
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 6:40am On May 18
How to Write a Novel: Advice for New Writers

Writer's Digest, one of the best book blogs ever advised new writers on how to write a good novel. Get the full gist here: http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/guide-to-literary-agents/how-to-write-a-novel-7-tips-everyone-can-use
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 10:35am On May 22
It is very important you developed a strategic plan for your publishing career. This can entails how many books to publish in a year, their months of release, marketing plans, and your target monthly royalties!

These plans are very important because they keep you Focused, Inspired, and Creative!
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 7:25am On May 23
As a Nigerian independent author, it is very important you make use of pen names as your author names in your books. The pen names should be predominantly western names because they are the target market and they mostly don't like buying books published by African authors.

Note that you must use your real names to create your Amazon KDP account because you will have problems getting your royalties if you use fake identity to create the publishing account. The good thing is that nobody knows the real names of the publisher since it is only the author names that readers can see. It is therefore advisable to leave the publisher field blank during publishing of your books and never make the mistake of putting your real names there!
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 9:09am On May 24
You can take advantage of eBook publishing through Amazon KDP and create an additional stream of income for yourself.
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 7:38am On May 25
As an Independent author, you have to exercise patience! This is because the more by books you have published, the greater the chances of sales and a successful publishing career.

So, never give up if your first published book did not performed up to your expectations or did not even get traction at all. You learn and improve your writing, packaging, branding, and marketing in the process, and these will eventually lead to greater productivity and success.
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 8:34am On May 26
It will interest you to know that publishing your titles as eBooks through Amazon KDP do not require you to buy ISBN catalog numbers has Amazon will assign it their own ASIN catalog numbers for free during the publishing process.

Note that the assigned ASIN catalog number does not in anyway contest the copyright of your book. You own the copyright of your titles 100%.
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 7:47am On May 27
You do not have to wait to finish your full length novel/book before you launch your eBook publishing career through Amazon KDP. In fact, it is a good marketing strategy to write and publish at least three short stories in three different genres to test the water and see which of the genres performed best for you.

You can then focus your full length novels in that genre and maximize your output. So, go ahead now and test the waters!
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 7:49am On May 28
How to create and get the link of a PDF eBook using Google Drive and share it's link on your website/blog or social as a marketing tool.

http://ebookstrati.blogspot.co.ke/2017/01/HowtoCreateandGettheLinkofPDFofyourFreeGiveawayBookUsingGoogleDrive.html?m=1
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 7:35am On May 29
Never make the mistake of thinking that if you published only one book through Amazon, you are going to make a lot of dollars with. This is because if you have such mentality, you will easily see a reason to chicken out!

Rather, have it in mind that it is a game of numbers and time! Once you are able to discover the genre that gives you the best results, and you focused on it, in no time and with five or more books, you will be surprised at the outcome you will be getting.
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by ExcelP: 10:33am On May 29
Please this question is for book authors, writers and editors, and publishers in the house.

I have a manuscript (on Christian Living). For a long time I've been looking for a traditional royalty-based publishing house, as I don't want self publishing. Now I've got contract offer from popular publishers in the US. This is after many have negatively criticized and rejected my work. At last, God gave me three publishing house who are ready to work with me.

But my question is this, I've never travelled out of Nigeria before now, all communications with the publishers is via email. Now will it be appropriate to do abroad publishing instead of home? Some of my friends thinks the book will have broader acceptance and popular. But is it best, because I'll even need to order for my book myself if I need it. I'll be grateful if I'll get a good lecturing.

Again, Nigeria seems to have enough royalty-based publishers for academics - MacMillan, University Press, Literamed, Longman, etc, but not much publishing house on Faith and Christian works. Please if you know of any royalty-based publishers here (I don't mean vanity publishers and all these computer centres that are everywhere), do tell me.

Thank you and God bless you.
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 6:40am On May 31
Two strategies that have greatly enhanced my indie publishing career and increased my earnings are as follows:

1. Writing and publishing more books.
2. Increasing the rate I promote my published books through social media.

As simple as these strategies may appeared to be, they are very effective.
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 8:08am On Jun 01
Whether you are an aspiring or established author, there are two author/book forums that can be of great help to you. They are:

1. Goodreads.com
2. KBoards.com
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 7:18am On Jun 02
A well written, audience targeted, properly edited, and proofread book will surely sell well on Amazon!
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 6:50am On Jun 03
As a Nigerian writer/author who wants to publish books through Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, you must write books that appeals to global audience and not local or Nigerian audience! This is because the target markets out there on Amazon are predominantly the Americans, Europeans, and Asians.
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 7:11am On Jun 04
If you are just starting a publishing career, I advice you take it slowly and stage by stage too. There is really no good reason to go and produce paperbacks of your first book for either local distribution or international distribution through Amazon KDP/Creatspace. Doing that will overwhelm you and can lead to frustration if things did not favour you.

It is therefore important to first publish it as an eBook and if it picks up well in sales, you can then plan and produce a print version of it (paperback) later.
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 7:29am On Jun 05
Guess what we are going to discus about today! It s the ''Art of Writing''.

I will consider this topic from two broad perspectives. That is, fiction and nonfiction writing.

The Art of writing fiction requires the following skills:
1. Sharp and Organized imagination.
2. The ability to outline your storylines
3. The ability to create compelling and expressive characters.
4. The ability to create dialogues that flows.

The Art of writing nonfiction requires the following skills:
1. The ability to outline your book idea.
2. Be a good researcher.
3. The ability to organize your research.
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 7:52am On Jun 06
As an independent author, social media like Facebook, Nairaland, and Twitter are great tools that you need to use creatively to promote your author brand. So, take good advantage of them!
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 7:46am On Jun 07
Your eBook cover design should meet the following standards:

1. It should be good and professional.
2. Its choice of colors should speak volume.
3. It should be genre specific.

The best way to handle the third point, is to browse your genre on Amazon and see what the best selling book's covers look like and then use those ideas to design your own eBook's cover.
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 7:05am On Jun 08
Independent publishing has a learning curve. As you you publish more books, you learn one or two things and as you apply those things, you will get better sales and fans.
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 7:32am On Jun 09
When you are about to start a new book project, it is good you do the following:

1. Research the sales potential of the supposed genre of the book idea and see if it is worth it or you will need to optimize it for a different genre.
2. Properly Outline the book's chapters and sections/scenes.
3. Research any relevant information.
4. Start building sales momentum for the book by posting your writing progress on your social media outlets to carry your followers along.
5. You can now start the actual writing.
6. Research the nature of the eBook cover design you will need for the book and start work on it too.
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 8:25am On Jun 10
As an author, we always feel a great sense of joy, fulfilment, and satisfaction whenever we hit the publish button (publish a new book)!
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 6:33am On Jun 15
Writing to market is a great and successful strategy that many authors are using to establish a successful /profitable self-publishing career.

It entails finding out a sub-genre that is currently selling very well and then writing and publishing books in that sub-genre.
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 6:02am On Jun 17
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 6:36am On Jun 19
Write your books in such a way that the audience you have in mind is a universal one and that will determine your choice of words, scenarios, and settings.

This will make the book appeal to a wider audience, most especially the U.S which is the largest eBook market.

'To your success!'
Re: WRITING AND BOOK MARKETING RESOURCES AND STRATEGIES by Stevenbright(m): 7:47am On Jun 20
These are the basic steps involved in eBook publishing through Amazon: 1. Create a publishing account with Amazon KDP. 2. typeset your book in Microsoft Word. 3. format the book manuscript to eBook publishing standard. 4. design eBook cover for the book. 5. login to your accounts and publish it. Note that I can offer you affordable services on points 3 and 4.

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Read Completed Stories on Nairaland / The Forever In 365... / Sexual Attraction (short Story By Korayday Azeez)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.