Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,470 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively (18949 Views)

Essential Balm Ointment.My Number One Traveling Companion Drug. / Multiporpose Ointment For Healthy Body. / Why Does The Cap Of Neurogesic Ointment Always Crack? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by michaelo2(m): 1:04pm On May 04, 2017
For many,Balm is a childhood household item, commonly used for cold and catarrh with body pain. Common brand names are Aboniki, Robb, Tiger Balm. Now we will be looking at 16 ways to effectively use balm the right way.

1. Mosquito bites can be a menace. Balms can help take away the itchiness by applying it directly to the stung part of the skin .

2. Balms are great insect repellent, as biting and stinging insects do not like its strong scent. Leave a tin of balm in every corner of the (bed)room during summertime, and leave the lid open. These insects will not enter a room that reeks of balm.

3. For those with rheumatic pains, balms can be used as a painkiller by applying it in the lower back area, legs, and directly on sore muscles and bones. Apply as many times as necessary.

4. A bad body odor can be cured by the longtime use of balm. Regularly apply balm to the body, and the bad body odors will disappear. You will reek of menthol instead.

5. Got diarrhea ? Rub some balm in and around the navel area, and cover it with the palm of your hand for two or three minutes to let the hotness work on the belly. You can also rub a little bit of balm in between the tailbone and anal area for full effect.

6. Mothers can also use balm when your baby has an inflamed bottom. Applying tiger balm to the anal area is said to provide some soothing relief. ( Not sure about this one, please always first consult a doctor before applying this balm on babies!)

7. For the early signs of a soar throat, apply balm around the neck area before sleeping. Rub it g enerously around the neck with the palm of your hand, and your throat will feel better in the morning.

8. Throbbing toothache may feel better after applying some balm to it. Put some balm on a clean cloth, and rub it into the affected area around the tooth.

9. For mild burns: lightly apply the balm to the afflicted parts. It can help alleviate the pain and avoid blisters. The earlier the balm is applied, the better for your skin so always have one in the house .

10. Corns and calluses on the feet may disappear after consistent use of balm. Smear the balm directly on to the corn. The balm is warmed with a warm cloth to improve the balm penetrate into the corn, and to repeat it every day, one to three times a day.

11. Balm is an excellent remedy against headaches. Rub some balm on both side of your temple and reapply if necessary. Be careful not to get the balm in your eyes.

12. When you got a cold and have a stuffed nose, it might help to put some balm right underneath and around the nostrils to let your nose clear up.

13. If you get carsick or seasick easily, touch the lips with some balm to prevent nausea, avoid it entering your mouth .

14. Just as balms might help when suffering from diarrhea, it also help with constipation. Rub some balm around the belly area to ease the stomach.

15. Research shows that German soccer players have discovered that applying some balm to your chest and calves can help to alleviate the pain associated with fast running.

16. For those suffering from cold feet in winter, harmattan, balm might be the solution. Rub the cream into the feet to help stimulate and improve circulation.

http://www.healththismoment.com/2017/05/how-to-use-ointment-balm-effectively.html?m=1

cc: dominique mynd44 lalasticlala

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by veekid(m): 1:35pm On May 04, 2017
Insect too?
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by takenadoh: 1:36pm On May 04, 2017
sTc Wasn't even trying, some bad guys use Aboniki in zi oda room.
But who e go pain pass? The rubber or the rubber?

1 Like

Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by Tazdroid(m): 1:36pm On May 04, 2017
True true

Abonikiiiiiii! CHAI! grin

E get one time wey I been get pains for my thigh region na im I rush go carry Aboniki dey apply am, and the affected area dey close to the "private sector"

EWEELEWEE! grin ...

Ladies and gentlemen, up till now, I no know how the balm take near the "rod" but I screamed, jumped up and rushed to the bathroom because e b like say dem dey fry my deek grin grin grin.

Omo! I wash and scrub with sponge and soap, NA LIE! ... ABONIKI SURE PASS! See tears for my eyes that day. I felt like cutting the rod off to save my soul grin

After some minutes, d balm pity me begin dey lose effect

18 Likes

Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by Tazdroid(m): 1:36pm On May 04, 2017
takenadoh:
Ftc
na u be second. Switch to starcomms for faster internet speed grin

1 Like

Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by Timiblanko(m): 1:37pm On May 04, 2017
My mom she's a super mom, mama ni mama mi.

kudos to our mom they knew all this already

1 Like

Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by Tenim47(m): 1:38pm On May 04, 2017
na everything we go learn 4 nairaland

2 Likes

Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 04, 2017
Wow! Thanks.
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by Spells(m): 1:41pm On May 04, 2017
Knowledge is power
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by dikeigbo2(m): 1:42pm On May 04, 2017
Waoooh... nice one ,Op thanks for the informations
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by iDRAW(m): 1:45pm On May 04, 2017
for throat wahala, na aboniki i dey use,
here's my latest single...

1 Like

Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 04, 2017
I tried number one I. some white folks and it worked like magic.

I knew the importance of having methylated or Chinese balm ever since then.
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by ogobaby23(f): 1:48pm On May 04, 2017
Just rub it on the affected area.
What could be more effective?
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by HAH: 1:53pm On May 04, 2017
Hmmn na so one old man was having catarrh he went to the corner shop to ask for robb or mentholathum , the shop owner said we don't have them but we only have aboniki, na so this old man come say Oya give me the aboniki.

When he was given na so this old man just carry aboniki push inside his nose, the old man just shout yeeeeee, come ask the shop owner abeg check my my face say nose still dey na him the man say yes baba nose dey then the old. Man said but is it on flames. LOL

The moral of this story is never attempt putting aboniki in your nose

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by MrBONE2(m): 1:54pm On May 04, 2017
Tazdroid:
True true

E get one time wey I been get pains for my thigh region na im I rush go carry Aboniki dey apply am, and the affected area dey close to the "private sector"

EWEELEWEE! grin ...

Ladies and gentlemen, up till now, I no know how the balm take near the "rod" but I screamed, jumped up and rushed and rushed to the bathroom because e b like say dem dey fry my deek grin grin grin.

Omo! I wash and scrub with sponge and soap, NA LIE! ... ABONIKI SURE PASS! See tears for my eyes that day. I felt like cutting the rod off to save my soul grin

After some minutes, d balm pity me begin dey lose effect
So Funny grin

2 Likes

Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by cr7rooney10(m): 1:56pm On May 04, 2017
I don't see (moko) in d picture y
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by Ifymma(f): 2:14pm On May 04, 2017
Tazdroid:
na u be second. Switch to starcomms for faster internet speed grin
Starcomms don come back?
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by Ifymma(f): 2:42pm On May 04, 2017
OP, Big thanks for this information
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by Abdul124(m): 2:52pm On May 04, 2017
quite interestin !
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by michaelo2(m): 4:30pm On May 04, 2017
HAH:
Hmmn na so one old man was having catarrh he went to the corner shop to ask for robb or mentholathum , the shop owner said we don't have them but we only have aboniki, na so this old man come say Oya give me the aboniki.

When he was given na so this old man just carry aboniki push inside his nose, the old man just shout yeeeeee, come ask the shop owner abeg check my my face say nose still dey na him the man say yes baba nose dey then the old. Man said but is it on flames. LOL

The moral of this story is never attempt putting aboniki in your nose
12. When you got a cold and have a stuffed nose, it might help to put some balm right underneath and around the nostrils to let your nose clear up.

not inside o

1 Like

Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by HAH: 4:37pm On May 04, 2017
michaelo2:

not inside o
but still aboniki go pepper you well well unless the balm you mean are things like robb or metholathum
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by Jackdaniels16(m): 4:41pm On May 04, 2017
No 15
No more pain after soccer
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by jlauren2006: 6:37pm On May 04, 2017
You are right, I have always believe in Balm to treat myself.. Beside I have robbed the Aboniki Balm on my Door net... Lol.
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by jlauren2006: 6:39pm On May 04, 2017
HAH:
but still aboniki go pepper you well well unless the balm you mean are things like robb or metholathum

If you are talking about Aboniki, what of Karaole that's the worse Balm in Nigeria. But they have banned it.
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by jlauren2006: 6:40pm On May 04, 2017
Abdul124:
quite interestin !
He Right.
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by jlauren2006: 6:43pm On May 04, 2017
[quote author=Tazdroid post=56200973][i]True true

EWEELEWEE! grin ...

Ladies and gentlemen, up till now, I no know how the balm take near the "rod" but I screamed, jumped up and rushed to the bathroom because e b like say dem dey fry my deek grin grin grin.

What if na Karaole use, na Die be dat. Lol
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by Revolva(m): 10:00pm On May 04, 2017
aboniki balm anybody wey wan die make e apply am for nose for carthhar na obituary
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by Julietcutie(f): 12:55am On May 05, 2017
lol
Re: 16 Ways To Use Ointment Balm Effectively by johnsmitthen: 7:25am On May 05, 2017
Wow,amazing information you have shared.Balm is a thing that everyone have,but these are some less known facts about it.

(1) (Reply)

Which Hospital Is The Best In Nigeria? / Coronavirus: Indian Contractor At Dangote Refinery Tests Negative / This Is How To Use Carotone Without Side Effects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.