Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action (2552 Views)

Anti-saraki Forces Plan Mass Protests, Seek His Removal-the Vanguard / Pat Utomi. Falana, Odiemegkwe, Oyinlola Screened To Be Appointed Ministers / Falana, Bakare, Utomi, Momodu To Make Ministerial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action by AmakaOne(f): 9:42am On Jan 08, 2010
By Omololu Ogunmade, 01.08.2010

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=163711

[b]Human rights crusader, Mr. Femi Falana, former presidential candidate, Professor Pat Utomi, charismatic cleric, Pastor Tunde Bakare, rights activist, Mallam Uba Sani and Yinka Odumakin, will on Tuesday in Abuja, lead a mass action to protest the continued absence of President Umaru Yar’Adua in the country.
The decision was the fallout of a meeting held at Lagos Sheraton Hotel and Towers yesterday on the auspices of Save Nigeria Group. A reliable source at the meeting, told THISDAY that the group resolved to embark on mass action in view of the untoward hardship that Yar’Adua’s absence has inflicted on Nigeria.
The group is also protesting the refusal of the President to authorize his deputy to take charge of the country’s affairs despite his obvious incapacitation.
A communiqué issued at the end of the meeting said the group lamented the “dangerous slide of Nigeria into a failed state, worsened by the power vacuum and absence of Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces in Nigeria for the past 45 days.”
The group said it was also worried that with the approach of 2011 general election, “the genuine electoral reform promised by President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua during his inauguration, seems to be vanishing due to lack of political will and outright refusal to implement the Uwais Electoral Reform Committee Bills.”
The group called on Yar’Adua to address the nation publicly through either Radio Nigeria, Nigeria Television or any authoritative medium adding that the President must act promptly on Section 145 of the 1999 Constitution to allow his deputy to act on his behalf “for the safety of our fledgling democracy, security of our dear country and for his speedy recovery.”
Also involved in the planned mass action are Alhaji Shetima Yerima, Mr Solomon Asemota, Mrs Ayo Obe, Dr Tunji Abayomi, Mr. Fred Agbeyegbe, Hon Olawale Oshun, Prof. Ropo Sekoni, Mr Babafemi Ojudu, among many others.[/b]

I wonder how much popular support this mass action initiative will get. I hope they publicize it well and mobilize the people into action sha.
Re: Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 08, 2010
I will be there in Abuja, I will join you there because i wanted to see a Changes In Nigeria as Nigeria have Gotten a New Name

Re: Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action by monkeyleg: 12:12pm On Jan 08, 2010
At least some people are begining to do something. Nigerians must seize the opportunity to ask questions about thier country. Well done Femi, Pat, Tunde, Uba, Yinka and all the progressive Nigerians that really do want change.
Re: Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action by Goldmind1(m): 12:47pm On Jan 08, 2010
God bless you all that are making this good move. Am not resident in Abuja but my heart is with you. God'll help you and it'll effective in Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action by MAYOWAAK: 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2010
A RIGHT STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.WALK THE TALK
Re: Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action by blacksta(m): 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2010
I wish i could be there - I hope we have a massive turnout
Re: Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action by AmakaOne(f): 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2010
I truly wish that I could be there too.
Re: Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2010
I will be there, only death can keep me away. Now we are acting, good, really good enough website politics, this is the real deal
Re: Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action by netpro(m): 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2010
I will plan for the march. its very welcome
Re: Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action by Mbeki: 5:45pm On Jan 08, 2010
Nigerians are now doing the do!
I will be there and send a life telecast on this forum
good move Nigerians,lets take our destiny into our hands
If Mrs Ayo Obe will be there, consider the move a success.
Re: Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 08, 2010
See as all of una dey shout 'i will be there', 'i wish i could be there'.

Like say una go REALLY dey there
Re: Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 08, 2010
OMO IBO:

See as all of una dey shout 'i will be there', 'i wish i could be there'.

Like say una go REALLY dey there
I will bring pictures just for u
Re: Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2010
aisha2:

I will bring pictures just for u
You will get a beer hug from me.
Re: Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 15, 2011
Where was Beaf, U dey vex, Nsiman and co on this thread, when no one stoop up for him these men did and i did too. Unlike them, we are first concerned with our country before individuals, same people who got Goodluck this far are now insulted and called arsonists and trouble makers, we were not trouble makers then bbecause it served your purpose. Selfish people
Re: Yar’adua: Utomi, Falana, Bakare, Uba Sani Plan Mass Action by dayokanu(m): 6:29am On Mar 22, 2011
Bump

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja / Catholic Priest Saga: Ohakim, Wife Apologise To Imo People / Nwando Achebe Makes Full Professor At Msu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.