Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:49 PM

Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify (34927 Views)

FG Increases Abuja-kaduna Train Fares By 100% / Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW / Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by hpk(m): 4:00pm On May 04, 2017
Wetin concern me with Uber?? BRT/Danfo/Baba Shehu anyday yo!!!

p.s Baba shehu cab get A/C but you gats pay N400 extra.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by tempex88(m): 4:00pm On May 04, 2017
Competition is good

2 Likes

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by uyplus(m): 4:01pm On May 04, 2017
And they expect partners with high end cars to keep their cars running on the uber platform at a ridiculously low price? Have they thought about cost of maintanance of these vehicles and the financial burden on the partner? I since withdrew 3 out of my 5 cars on Uber. My drivers once told me that some even riders look down on 1 of my cars which is a toyota yaris, as if they can even afford 1 sef. Uber is dead in Abuja..
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by kudsweet(f): 4:01pm On May 04, 2017
Ko le werk
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by ollah2: 4:03pm On May 04, 2017
NelsonNeo:
Good one. Dstv shd do same

Unfortunately it's a monopoly market. Uber wouldn't have done this if not for Taxify

2 Likes

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by saintade01(m): 4:05pm On May 04, 2017
I got this also from 'Oga Taxi' today:

"We have reduced our Prices to N55/km, N5 per minute and N200 base fare. This is 35 percent lower than our usual rates. Help share the good news with friends. got this also from 'Oga Taxi'"

Oga Taxi so far is the cheapest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 04, 2017
Ndawe:
Na wa. This is the advantage of competition but will it be sustainable in the long run? Because Uber is not the one bearing operation/maintenance costs. It's a case of monkey dey work, baboon dey chop. I pity the Uber operators (esp car owners sha)

You get am.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by rodeo0070(m): 4:07pm On May 04, 2017
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by abhosts(m): 4:08pm On May 04, 2017
uyplus:
And they expect partners with high end cars to keep their cars running on the uber platform at a ridiculously low price? Have they thought about cost of maintanance of these vehicles and the financial burden on the partner? I since withdrew 3 out of my 5 cars on Uber. My drivers once told me that some even riders look down on 1 of my cars which is a toyota yaris, as if they can even afford 1 sef. Uber is dead in Abuja..

You are very correct. Normally, my Uber app shows lots of Drivers in my vicinity but now they are so few. Many people would simply withdraw their cars from the scheme and that would spell doom for Uber in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by readwone(m): 4:08pm On May 04, 2017
Gud coolGud

1 Like

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by SweetJoystick(m): 4:09pm On May 04, 2017
Make them sha no allow this price reduction reduce my weekly income angry

1 Like

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by enitan16: 4:09pm On May 04, 2017
Dstv get competitiin

1 Like

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by enitan16: 4:10pm On May 04, 2017
Dstv get competition
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 04, 2017
Now Thats D Beauty Of Competition, When Companies Know That Consumers Have Alternatives They Comply.
Its High Time Dstv Had A Competitor.

1 Like

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by ollah2: 4:10pm On May 04, 2017
GenBuhari:
Go with Taxify if it is a Nigerian app even if it is more expensive.

Seem Uber is trying to kill off competition and Uber drivers would bear the brunt of losses for a any unsustainable price reduction since the driver carries all the investment and overhead.

Let Uber drivers move to Taxify and as a Nigerian app (I assume), profits will be re-injected into our economy, whereas Uber's profit is moved out of Nigeria.

This seeing the bigger picture.

There's nothing Nigeria about Taxify. The owner is a young chap below 30 and making mils. So there's no much economy difference between Uber and Taxify to Nigeria.

This is welcome development but it's at the advantage of the riders. Perhaps, their own commission will be reduced to in order for all parties to be even else, more drivers/owners will redraw their cars from the platform and that's a slow death
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by objobj: 4:11pm On May 04, 2017
uyplus:

Pls which one reigns in abuja? I wish to register two cars in abuja

thanks
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by neocortex: 4:16pm On May 04, 2017
GenBuhari:

Seem Uber is trying to kill off competition and Uber drivers would bear the brunt of losses for a any unsustainable price reduction since the driver carries all the investment and overhead.

Let Uber drivers move to Taxify and as a Nigerian app (I assume), profits will be re-injected into our economy, whereas Uber's profit is moved out of Nigeria.

Taxify is a european company.

1 Like

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 04, 2017
uyplus:

Abuja Is a wrong place for uber. who are the customers, senators? do u expect them to leave the safety of their jeeps for taxi? 80% of residents leave in surburbs, abuja needs a mass transit model of commute, there aren enuf taxis for residents of mararaba, masaka nyanya, jikwoyi,lugbe,kuje or gwags
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 04, 2017
Taxify is not Nigeria, it's Estonia
GenBuhari:

2 Likes

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by jd1986(m): 4:28pm On May 04, 2017
From Omole phase1 to lekki phase1 Na 5500 on uber, from Omole phase1 to Isaac John ( The Place) Na 2 to 3k... Uber price is 3much grin grin
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by cogbuagu: 4:30pm On May 04, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 04, 2017
I swear I love uber,it's easy to use and cost less.oyibo una thank you oh
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by ontruth(m): 4:30pm On May 04, 2017
rodeo0070:
In response to the latest price rate reduction by Taxify, Uber announced a 40% reduction in Lagos rates effective from Thursday 4th May 2017. This means you can travel for business or explore your city for less than ever before.

In a statement released, the management said, “We want to make sure that Uber is an affordable way to move around your city, so we’re dropping rates in Lagos by 40% from Thursday 4th May 2017. Therefore you can now request a high-quality ride for the same price as small chops!” Whether you’re running a quick errand, visiting friends or commuting to work, Uber has got you covered for less.

In addition to this, the management stated that decreasing the fares should get more people requesting more rides with Uber, which leads to drivers spending more time with paying riders and standing a chance to earn the same or more. We aren’t asking drivers to just take our word for it, we are providing temporary earning guarantees until it is clear that this will be the case. These earning guarantees help to ensure driver-partners, who put in the time, don’t lose out. So get riding with Uber and experience the same rides but now at a more affordable price.

Check out these awesome sample fares:

Sample Locations Old uberX New uberX

* Magodo to Gbagada From N1,100 From N600
* Yaba to Ilupeju From N1,300 From N800
* Surulere to Ikeja From N2,000 From N1,200

Read more: https://brandspurng.com/uber-fires-back-slashes-lagos-fares-by-40/

Op I don't really understand all this From From

From 1,100 From 600
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 04, 2017
Likei:
we need this in umuahia

Uber doesn't do villages ...

2 Likes

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by CASHPARK(m): 4:32pm On May 04, 2017
Any economy without competition is as good as dead.The wonderful gift of "CHOICE" is denied to all.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 04, 2017
jd1986:
From Omole phase1 to lekki phase1 Na 5500 on uber, from Omole phase1 to Isaac John ( The Place) Na 2 to 3k... Uber price is 3much grin grin

Baba stop lying na haba, I took uber from God is good motors ajah to oniru 1.2k even dash the guy 3H as tips cos I wanted to.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 04, 2017
Who is their competition
NelsonNeo:
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by jd1986(m): 4:37pm On May 04, 2017
justscorchone:

Baba stop lying na haba, I took uber from God is good motors ajah to oniru 1.2k even dash the guy 3H as tips cos I wanted to.
Re-read my post... Let uber drivers reply me.... Swerve Biko! angry

1 Like

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Orpe7(m): 4:42pm On May 04, 2017
NelsonNeo:

Dstv has no correct competitors yet
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by andybee(m): 4:43pm On May 04, 2017
Competition is good. I am sure Uber/Taxify would have worked it out with their drivers. It is not a decision to be taken arbitrarily.

Let's see where the price war leads.

1 Like

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Andrewkinggg: 4:58pm On May 04, 2017
I think Taxify is better than Uber. The last 3 trips I've had with them are great and the ride are amazing. The only difference between an uber and taxify is that uber has beautiful and nice cars than taxify.

From Ikeja to cement it cost me N500 yesterday with traffic. Imagine if there was no traffic...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arik Air To Be Renamed Nigeria Eagle / Omo Elu Iju Akure-North / Vehicle Filled With Packs Of Flashlight Catches Fire On 3rd Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.