Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Uber Partners & Drivers: Response to Uber's 40% Rate Reduction - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Uber Partners & Drivers: Response to Uber's 40% Rate Reduction (1400 Views)

Uber/taxify Partners/drivers Come In. I Need Your Advice Becoming A Partner. / Taxify/uber Partners And Drivers / NIMC's Response To Sterling Bank On Temporary Slip As Means Of Identification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uber Partners & Drivers: Response to Uber's 40% Rate Reduction by eledalo: 5:46pm On May 04, 2017
I created this thread so Uber Drivers and Partners can coordinate a response to the recent 40% reduction of fares by Uber. It is very important to organise ourselves in this instance before it is too late. Delay is dangerous.

A little while ago I posted this:
eledalo:
Uber, Uber, Uber... grin Does anyone remember when they were taking ML Benz for UberBlack! Only Big boys came for inspection at that their office in Ikoyi grin . You'll see like 20 mad cars blocking that close waiting to drive inside! Inspection na light, wiper, fire extinguisher, jack, spare tire, go and wash your car, Finish. Some guys will now collect 20k to give you name of driver to pair with LOL! Workcenta/Jobberman made money!

Even Uber X was for SPECIFIC 2009 cars and above only, with all sorts of documents needed

Now its any 2005 4 door car. grin And no more UberSelect. Imagine if you had decided to build a business using new Kia Ceratos on UberBlack/Select. I went to meet my bankers for big loan. . .them too they were happy LOL! Thank God for all my mentors and big homies who advised me against it. . . had I gone ahead, I might not be here to type this! If you want to enter water, use your small toe first!!

If you can buy Uber shares, please do so right now (April 2017). Cos its only at those that exit during their IPO that will make any return. I wish all Uberers the best!

Please note: Oladele by name. (Eledalo backwards). I am a former Uber Partner. I left the platform in December 2016 following the 'rate discount' they applied, with a promise to top-up the balance. They didn't and i could see this was going to affect my business in a BIG way. I invested heavily into Uber and had 10 cars on the platform. Not 1, 2, 4 or 6 cars o. 10 cars. If someone slaps your face and doesn't say sorry, rest assured he or she will use a cane or belt soon. I left soon after that.

This morning, Uber Nigeria announced NEW RATES for their service in Lagos. Fares have been slashed by 40%. Obviously this means reduced earnings for partners/drivers but how they react remains to be seen. See new rates here

Uber did same in Kenya but reversed when drivers protested.
Existing partners & drivers need to come together at this point and plan out a course of action.
Join the existing facebook group:Facebook Uber Lagos Partner & Driver Forum
and stay up to date with Uber/Taxify news Uber Africa Forum

This thread is not to get partners/drivers to leave Uber, Taxify etc. Uber has provided thousands of jobs for young Nigerian men and women. Let's get them to do what is right with Partners and Drivers. It's confusing that a company with such a great opportunity would waste it like this!
Re: Uber Partners & Drivers: Response to Uber's 40% Rate Reduction by Caustics: 5:49pm On May 04, 2017
Yes!!!! Wreck havoc!!!!! Cause commotion!!! Its our right. We will not be bullied!!!!!!!
Re: Uber Partners & Drivers: Response to Uber's 40% Rate Reduction by eledalo: 5:53pm On May 04, 2017
Caustics:
Yes!!!! Wreck havoc!!!!! Cause commotion!!! Its our right. We will not be bullied!!!!!!!

Lol I no talk that one oh!
grin grin
Re: Uber Partners & Drivers: Response to Uber's 40% Rate Reduction by madgoat(m): 3:39pm On May 05, 2017
Jobless people tongue
Re: Uber Partners & Drivers: Response to Uber's 40% Rate Reduction by Anietie1985(m): 11:37am On Mar 28, 2020
Anietie1985:
Am Richard Jacob by name, one of the uber driver in Lagos
Please I need a rental or HP car to drive on the platform for weekly remittance.

Contact 08100246559

Thank you.
Re: Uber Partners & Drivers: Response to Uber's 40% Rate Reduction by tunlapapa: 5:47pm On Mar 28, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Cold Room For Sale At Give Away Price / Exploring the Safezone on the Internet / NSE: All-share Index Bleeds 994.22 Points And Loses N342.68 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.