Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

..... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ..... (1488 Views)

Video Of The Oba Of Lagos Palace On Fire / How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) / Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

..... by mcfynest(m): 9:14pm On May 04, 2017

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ..... by Olu317(m): 1:42pm On May 05, 2017
Interesting. But I still doubt the part of any prince called Ashipa in BINI. ASHIPA is a core Yoruba word for a chief in YORUBA LAND. I am waiting to read his link to any member of OBA Bini's family. It is absolutely impossible not for ASHIPA of BINI to be without even maternal family.
Re: ..... by Christistruth00: 4:04am On May 06, 2017
I have just watched Oba of Lagos interview on YouTube where he declared that Lagos does not belong to Benin.
Please watch from minute 5.40 in the video. The fact that he is being referred to as Kabiyesi also proves he is a Yoruba Monarch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno

In the first minute of the interview below,the interviewer said that Lagos was first settled by the Awori a sub group of the Yoruba and the Oba of Lagos did not disagree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i83Sa-HptDQ

In 1903 the British colonial Governor of Lagos (Sir William Macgregor) requested the Ooni travel to Lagos and rule among the Lagos Chiefs who was entitled to wear a beaded crown in Yorubaland.

Kingdoms of the Yoruba page 13.
By Robert Sydney Smith

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ..... by mcfynest(m): 2:51pm On May 06, 2017
Christistruth00:
I have just watched Oba of Lagos interview on YouTube where he declared that Lagos does not belong to Benin.
Please watch from minute 5.40 in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno

In the first minute of the interview below,the interviewer said that Lagos was first settled by the Awori a sub group of the Yoruba and the Oba of Lagos did not disagree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i83Sa-HptDQ

In 1903 the British colonial Governor of Lagos (Sir William Macgregor) requested the Ooni travel to Lagos and rule among the Lagos Chiefs who was entitled to wear a beaded crown in Yorubaland.

Kingdoms of the Yoruba page 13.
By Robert Sydney Smith

Will the white write our history for us?
Re: ..... by Olu317(m): 6:07pm On May 06, 2017
mcfynest:

Will the white write our history for us?
The whites can't write our story for us. However, in Yoruba land, otun wé osi, osi wé otun, lo Owo fin mo. The whites who have no interest in lying will only tell exactly what they heard from people according to their history. The whites didn't come to take away the kingly position when they arrived. Instead they introduced us to their own way of lifestyle to complement ours. And today, we can refer to their work as a guide. If we say, we don't want to do anything with whites, then it is better we stop wearing their clothes, stop driving their cars,boarding their aeroplanes,stop eating their food, stop using their advanced technological equipment such as telephone, even your laptop,satellite etc. The truth is that some people without history knowledge kept trying to twist to favour non existence man that URHOBO DIDNT EVEN KNOW TALKLESS OF EBIRA people. How can IZODUWA be so powerful that, neighbouring people didn't know him until EDO CLAIMED he emerged at ILE IFE which Oba of Lagos claimed in the previous statement credited to him? IT IS WELL WITH YORUBA RACE

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Adegunodo Ruling House Of Iwo: Open Letter To Osun State Governor / Unclad Masquerade Spotted In Abakaliki Town (pics) / Why I Snubbed The Ooni Of Ife --oba Akiolu Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.