Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Closed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Closed (1580 Views)

UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result / 400 Level UNIOSUN Student Found Dead After Missing For Days (see Photos) / 400 Level OAU Medical Student Killed By A Hit And Run Driver (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Closed by Ochongoloko(m): 9:18pm On May 04, 2017
Closed
Re: Closed by Nukilia: 9:32pm On May 04, 2017
I'm sure these guys won't fail like this if they are schooling in the US.
I believe Nigerian students are hardworking and smart but they're in the wrong system.

7 Likes

Re: Closed by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 04, 2017
All these funny results self. Shey na so oyinbo people dey fail ni. Something about our system is wrong angry
Re: Closed by Mcjades: 9:56pm On May 04, 2017
this is unfair
Re: Closed by leonard002(m): 10:55pm On May 04, 2017
It's ridiculous when professors think that it's the students fault when massive failure is recorded. It's a two way thing. If you don't teach well, students fail. If you teach well, they pass.

Massive failure, in my opinion is more of a shame to lecturers than students.

Mtchewwwwwww

1 Like

Re: Closed by olusledge: 11:02pm On May 04, 2017
Omo see result....but us as pol science student na normal thing

1 Like

Re: Closed by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 04, 2017
Them wan answer doctor by force

2 Likes

Re: Closed by Uyi168: 12:21am On May 05, 2017
Na to run leave sch be that o..
Re: Closed by walemoney007(m): 6:18am On May 05, 2017
see result sad
shocked
Re: Closed by oseka101(m): 6:19am On May 05, 2017
Shame on the department for allowing them to release such a result

1 Like

Re: Closed by Ronaldinnioh(m): 6:20am On May 05, 2017
Oluwa ooooo. Haba. This is result o bad gan.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 6:37am On May 05, 2017
Department of microbiology and parasitology? How is that medicine?

Or na me no go school?

1 Like

Re: Closed by Ronaldinnioh(m): 6:44am On May 05, 2017
Vorpal:
Department of microbiology and parasitology? How is that medicine?

Or na me no go school?

In Medicine in 400 level they offer Five departmental courses which are
1.Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
2.Morbid Anatomy
3.Chemical Pathology
4.Hematology and Immunology
5.Pharmacology

The first four department are called PATHOLOGY.

3 Likes

Re: Closed by kenedy175(m): 6:45am On May 05, 2017
Parasitology is just a part of medical microbiology. Immunology, mycology, bacteriology and virology are still there. They could make it up with that.. not saying the result is good though.

Meanwhile, a lot has changed in medical school now. They don't longer set Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). It's best of 5 that they now use which is much more difficult than the usual MCQs. I'm very sure that's the reason for the massive failure.

We recently took an exam in ENT with this recent Best of 5 development. Hmm! The result was horrible. Only about 4 people could reach "brush boarder"
Re: Closed by Nobody: 6:51am On May 05, 2017
Ronaldinnioh:

In Medicine in 400 level they offer Five departmental courses which are
1.Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
2.Morbid Anatomy
3.Chemical Pathology
4.Hematology and Immunology
5.Pharmacology

The first four department are called PATHOLOGY.

Ok, now better informed.

I thought it was microbiology as a course.

1 Like

Re: Closed by Tonymannn: 8:11am On May 05, 2017
And I wanted to study medicine
Thank God I missed this ticking time bomb
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Closed by BabaAlabi: 8:12am On May 05, 2017
This is another prominent reason why Nigeria might never escape from the clutches of backwardness. It is 2017 and our half baked lecturers still believe that failing students and making courses difficult to understand is how to nurture tomorrow's leaders. In a functioning society, the lecturers of that dept will be sacked and subsequently imprisoned for bringing disgrace to the great educational institution. However, this is Nigeria so watch people say rubbish like 'they are lazy, they did not read, medicine is supposed to be hard'.
The demons that hold us back are more mental than physical. This has been my opinion, and it is my further opinion that the zoo must fall!

2 Likes

Re: Closed by Lagbaja01(m): 8:49am On May 05, 2017
Tonymannn:
And I wanted to study medicine Thank God I missed this ticking time bomb grin grin grin grin grin
LSE
Re: Closed by Abeos(m): 9:18am On May 05, 2017
shocked
Re: Closed by Noble4life(m): 9:48am On May 05, 2017
olusledge:
Omo see result....but us as pol science student na normal thing
I still find it difficult to believe that Pol sc still fail students. very stupid department! I regret studying in that school.
Re: Closed by Osasnidas(m): 9:54am On May 05, 2017
hmmm...
Re: Closed by christejames(m): 9:58am On May 05, 2017
I thought an OAU student came out to defend her school that they hardly record mass failures in their medical school when UNN released her medical results with paltry less than 50% passing recently... she even buttressed her points by brandishing some results which I think weren't recent. Many even said the lecturers in the east are sadists, what will they now say about this result? the lecturers in the West are 'sadbeasts' I guess.

I just think its a Nigerian thing of making her student pass through furnace before answering that name 'a graduate'.

1 Like

Re: Closed by FreeSpirited: 10:23am On May 05, 2017
When a medical student is always online and slaying on social media ....why won't dey fail
Re: Closed by babyfaceafrica: 10:33am On May 05, 2017
Noted
Re: Closed by Nobody: 10:36am On May 05, 2017
Nukilia:
I believe Nigerian students are hardworking and smart but they're in the wrong system.
Funny enough some individuals would celebrate this, thinking it validates the school somehow when people actually attend far better unis outside this country and the results show excellent results for majority of the Class. Whatever this result is, it is an indictment on the System rather than the Students.

1 Like

Re: Closed by DonCortino: 10:43am On May 05, 2017
Nukilia:

exactly! sad

1 Like

Re: Closed by olusledge: 12:11am On May 06, 2017
Noble4life:
I still find it difficult to believe that Pol sc still fail students. very stupid department! I regret studying in that school.
lol I be unilag student ..I dae always tell people say that department no be joke

(1) (Reply)

See 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities / When Meal Ticket Was Still Twenty-five Kobo In UI (picture) / Meet 21-year-old Nigerian Girl Who Bagged 1st Class In Canadian Varsity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.