Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,494 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:29 PM

Kiddy Weave-on: Why? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Kiddy Weave-on: Why? (2990 Views)

Photo Of A Man Proudly Wearing Weave-on / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ / Best Salons For Weave-on Fixing In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2010
They're everywhere, esp during the holidays. Little girls wearing adult weave-on. Most times the result is painful to look at, and you can be sure the process of attaching it was unbearably painful too. Why do we make our little girls wear them? What happened to pigtails and ribbons in puffpuff hair, and afro with funky hair clips?
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2010
na only weave on - i see some kids with make up and permed hair angry angry
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 09, 2010
I sat beside a little girl who was having her hair done. Those wool braid thingies. She cried so much, i hurt. There was nothing they could do make her stop.
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by adetoru(f): 12:16am On Jan 09, 2010
Thank you oh!I am a mother of a 5 yr old girl and pple think I'm stupid cos I don't perm my daughters hair.I think it makes kids look like old women who are trying too much.
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by bluespice(f): 5:44am On Jan 09, 2010
i see it the same way as people hurting animals, pointless
why try to sexualize a lil kid?
the process of relaxing hurts adults already, why magnify the pain by more than ten times to make the kid look 'cute'?
since when was the aesthetic beauty of kids measure by how straight their hair was or how trendy the hair style they have on is?
what ever happened to pig tails and pony tails with lots of hair accessories?
what happened to letting the hair be?
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 09, 2010
adetoru:

Thank you oh!I am a mother of a 5 yr old girl and pple think I'm silly cos I don't perm my daughters hair.I think it makes kids look like old women who are trying too much.

abeg ignore them. if a full grown adult can be reduced to tears cos of perming, fixing, weaving and what not, i can't imagine what the pain must be doing to her small body. soon we'll see kids wearing fixed nails and eyelashes! nonsense!
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by spikedcylinder: 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2010
Its usually illiteracy. Don't blame the parents, they don't know better.
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2010
i wish. i've seen it on kids of well-to-do, 'educated' parents. something to do with showing off? prettifying their kids? looking like mummy? i really can't get it.
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 10, 2010
iceblue:

i wish. i've seen it on kids of well-to-do, 'educated' parents. something to do with showing off? prettifying their kids? looking like mummy? i really can't get it.

too true - some 7 year old was at my sons bday with permed hair, makeup, spagetti straps

illiteracy is prolly not the word you're looking for - more like the parents have a er raz background and don't have a sense of what proper

like 2 day when i was in a lcal supermarke and some dude and his wife came in - the guy was wearing shorts that might as well have been boxers - ditto for this cick in my close i sometimes give lifts to work - she was wearing wetin them call them calf lenght thong sandals to work among other things. madam and i used to laugh over it - and i'm sure he girl must have thought she was representing to the fullest
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by spikedcylinder: 11:22pm On Jan 10, 2010
^^^^ Literacy is not just going to school and getting B.sc you know. A lot of people don't know better. They'd rather fix a trailer load of weaves on their children's hair than let a little girl's hair breathe.
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by mohawkchic(f): 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2010
~Tell Me About it!! makes you want to. . . . beat the mothers senseless!! I dont support Weaves,Braids on very young/young girls. . .infact,i abhor most things put on lilltle girls to "enhance" their appearance the way a grown woman wud!! As easy as it is for me to be very judgemental on this issue,i tried & failed to think of just one good reason/kickback for putting on a weave/braids on a 0-8 yr old child! Is black hair soOoo hard to manage it has to be in a processed form or weaves/braids put in?!!

~Girls as young as a year old have to endure having their hair braided. . .I'm yet to see any w/ weaves!! I refuse to imagine how much distress that must have caused to the child! Just looking at some of these hairstyles is enuff to give you a headache! I suppose gone are the days when people can relate to having one's hair combed out,the tugs & pulls. . .twisted,have colourful hair accessories like ribbons/clips put in. . .or having to sit on a numb butt for what seems like forever w/ one's head squeezed inbetween someone's leg to have the natural hair braided into cornrows,french braids or flat braids! Tchah! I hardly ever see kids w/ those kind of braids!!

~I cudnt hold back once & had to ask an acquaintance mum of a 2yr old "Doesnt that hurt!?" She gave me the lame excuse of "oh-her-sister-had-the-same-style-&-she-wanted-it!!" I was like "O!" This child has Natural beautiful long thick hair! & the 5yr old sister whose hairstyle was the excuse,has very thin barely-there-very-much-damaged-hair that has been ruined w/ constant Kinky twist braids put in & hair relaxer!! Her hairline is like a patchwork quilt! I cudnt let it go & wanted to understand Why! I asked why not use hairbands,bubbles. . . her excuse "Time"! Not enuff time to do her two girls hair plus they get jittery,wont sit still long enuff etc at least w/ the braids in,she has no woories of doing their hair inbetween her usual schedule!

~If this is the excuse for most mothers putting extensions in their daughters hair,then they need to read up on "Time Management"!! As if its not enuff having kids growing up twice as fast as they really shud b/c of other social factors. . now some mums have to add an addiction to weaves/ artificial hair. . oh Yeah and damaged hair/hairline!! Weaves/artificial hair eventually (in some cases), will become part of that child's "Identity"!! When they get older & their hair care is their responsibility,I can only imagine how much easier it is to resort to the only way they've known to care for their hair . . prolly will get hooked on weaves trying to cover up damaged hair/hairline!

~Makes me wonder if this is all the rage for some women wanting daughters so badly!!More like seeking a "Mini-me" to play "dress-up" with is more appropraite!! A version of Mummy's hairstyle/clothes!
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by spikedcylinder: 11:56pm On Jan 10, 2010
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by mohawkchic(f): 2:03am On Jan 11, 2010
~Against my Better Judgement,i'd like to think that pic was taken with the intent of good humour albeit just wrong if they really glued the lace on the child's forehead. . .it is Lace Wig right?
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by spikedcylinder: 10:53am On Jan 11, 2010
Yea, lace wig.
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by Igonih(m): 10:10pm On Jun 14, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I think you mean to say Ignorance. Only that can make educated people do that to children. My little niece live with me once and people were wondering why I did not perm her hair or fix weave on on her head too.
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by Moyola(f): 10:13pm On Jun 14, 2010
@ pic shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Kiddy Weave-on: Why? by oge4real(f): 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2010
Seriously, the mother of the baby in the pic should be arrested. What was she thinking wearing her baby, weaves that is longer than the baby's full height? Lace wig? I cant even imagine this in real life!

(1) (Reply)

Designer Perfumes @ Whole Sale Price With Free Delivery Within Lagos / Where Can I Buy Original Timberland Boots In Lekki/ajah? / Best Hair Removal Cream For Barbing Bald

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.