Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer (9043 Views)

Naira To Trade At 386/$ As CBN Resumes Forex Sale To BDCs / Naira Shortage Forces Banks To Boycott CBN Dollar Sale / Naira Strengthens To N435/$ On CBN Dollar Glut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by Flashmove: 4:58am On May 05, 2017
As a result the parallel market exchange rate dropped from N391 per dollar to N389 per dollar. Confirming this to Vanguard, President, Association of Bureaux De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON), Alhaji Gwadabe said that BDCs have already paid to purchase another $20,000 from the CBN which would be delivered today, expressing optimism that the supply will further enhance the appreciation of the naira against the dollar.

Meanwhile, the CBN said that banks and other authorized dealers have again failed to fully subscribe to the $150 million it offered yesterday. It stated that the dealers could only pick the sum of $43.5 million, which represents 29 per cent of the $150 million offered for subscription in the wholesale segment of the foreign exchange market.

Confirming this development, the apex Bank’s spokesman, Isaac Okorafor, reaffirmed the Bank’s position to sustain the intervention with a view to making foreign exchange available for all genuine transactions eligible for foreign exchange through the CBN window.

Mr. Okorafor also allayed the fear over the dwindling subscription by authorized dealers noting that the development merely goes to confirm the extent of liquidity in the foreign exchange market and the determination of the CBN to sustain the intervention aimed at ensuring stability in the market.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/naira-rises-n389-banks-buy-29-cbns-dollar-offer/
Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by LionDeLeo: 5:10am On May 05, 2017
Banks are no longer interested in forex, hahaha.

I understand some banks were sanctioned for playing against the rules.

No longer business-as-usual.

God bless PMB
God bless VPYO
God bless Godwin Emefiele
God bless patriotic Nigerians
Long live The Fed Rep of Nigeria.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by Flashmove: 5:22am On May 05, 2017
LionDeLeo:

No longer business-as-usual.

God bless PMB
God bless VPYO

Nigeria is like a White man's dead body, if you carry it up is not good, If you carry it down its not good too. All these blames should go to Lugard for coming to Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by Nobody: 5:27am On May 05, 2017
Good
Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by RealLordZeus(m): 6:56am On May 05, 2017
They said the darkest place is beside the candle, I believe removing the ban placed on card will improve the fate of our Naira, Coz little biz sourcing forex from the parallel market can used their cards there reducing the pressure on the parallel market, it will also ease the forex tension. They can control our spending by limiting daily transactions. Well what did I know, just my opinion tho

3 Likes

Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by Flashmove: 7:14am On May 05, 2017
RealLordZeus:
They said the darkest place is beside the candle, I believe removing the ban placed on card will improve the fate of our Naira, Coz little biz sourcing forex from the parallel market can used their cards there reducing the pressure on the parallel market, it will also ease the forex tension. They can control our spending by limiting daily transactions. Well what did I know, just my opinion tho

You are very right, I dont know why They cant employ fresh graduate to work out these issues..... I tire for Nigeria Matter....

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by Islie: 7:28am On May 05, 2017
This is good news......

But the price of commodity is still high in the market.

Until that is reduced....... I will just sitdown look

Lalasticlala......see news ooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by alegbeleye(m): 7:32am On May 05, 2017
Shior.
Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by slawomir: 7:32am On May 05, 2017
let's just hope and pray for a better Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by Nobody: 7:32am On May 05, 2017
want this thing to go back to 500 ,cos there is still no diffrence in Market price

7 Likes

Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by Lilaex: 7:33am On May 05, 2017
angry I don't really giv a fvck undecided make I go fry my akamu
Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by PotatoSalad(m): 7:34am On May 05, 2017
Same old, Same old. Sips Goko cleanser sad
Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by kidman96(m): 7:34am On May 05, 2017
Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by Victornezzar: 7:34am On May 05, 2017
Anybody dat celebrate here is a zombie
It's just falling and rising
Ordinary Ghana.......deir currency is better dan ours
Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by publicenemy(m): 7:35am On May 05, 2017
G
Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by publicenemy(m): 7:36am On May 05, 2017
LionDeLeo:

No longer business-as-usual. Be

God bless PMB
God bless VPYO

God bless you and your family
Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by Iamdmentor1(m): 7:36am On May 05, 2017
But price of commodities keep increasing angry I no longer trust the Nigerian media, always misleading people. This week, I read that Shekau was injured in an airstrike, next week, it would be "military pursued Shekau for 5 hours, he sustained injuries".

Different lies are told everyday to placate our anger!

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by Eskdale(m): 7:39am On May 05, 2017
Abeg make i hear word .........you dey disturb my ear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rckwtpGKZC8
Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by smartty68(m): 7:39am On May 05, 2017
Kai! Aboki

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by buchilino(m): 7:40am On May 05, 2017
NIGERIANS N HYPOCRISY. UNDER GEJ, NAIRA WAS 150, BUT DEY CRUCIFIED HIM. UNDER BUHARI, IT'S $1TO 389, DEY SAY BUHARI IS WORKING.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by twosquare(m): 7:40am On May 05, 2017
I wonder why people love to celebrate mediocrity. Please, what difference therein is between 391&389? This is pathetic... When you're tired, you will do the necessary things meant to bring the exchange rate down, and not this artificial nonsense. angry

4 Likes

Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by KingLennon(m): 7:40am On May 05, 2017
Naira have seen ups and downs like an elevator. Some Nigerians are hypocrites, when it was 150naira they blamed GEJ and cursed him. Now its 389naira they say Buhari is working. I just don't get it

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by shegzan(m): 7:41am On May 05, 2017
naira just dey rise and fall anyhow... May God save Nigeria!!
Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by jidxin(m): 7:43am On May 05, 2017
Flashmove:
As a result the parallel market exchange rate dropped from N391 per dollar to N389 per dollar. Confirming this to Vanguard, President, Association of Bureaux De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON), Alhaji Gwadabe said that BDCs have already paid to purchase another $20,000 from the CBN which would be delivered today, expressing optimism that the supply will further enhance the appreciation of the naira against the dollar.

Meanwhile, the CBN said that banks and other authorized dealers have again failed to fully subscribe to the $150 million it offered yesterday. It stated that the dealers could only pick the sum of $43.5 million, which represents 29 per cent of the $150 million offered for subscription in the wholesale segment of the foreign exchange market.

Confirming this development, the apex Bank’s spokesman, Isaac Okorafor, reaffirmed the Bank’s position to sustain the intervention with a view to making foreign exchange available for all genuine transactions eligible for foreign exchange through the CBN window.

Mr. Okorafor also allayed the fear over the dwindling subscription by authorized dealers noting that the development merely goes to confirm the extent of liquidity in the foreign exchange market and the determination of the CBN to sustain the intervention aimed at ensuring stability in the market.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/naira-rises-n389-banks-buy-29-cbns-dollar-offer/
and u called this rise?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by adedayo3193(m): 7:44am On May 05, 2017
I naira=I dollar

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by smartty68(m): 7:44am On May 05, 2017
CBN should remove the limits on Naira MasterCard, this would also help in relieving pressure in the FX markets
Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by maxiuc(m): 7:45am On May 05, 2017
Naira just be like Lazarus

Today e go raise knowing fully well that it will crash

Our president is in aso rock drink fura through pipe

God is always alife

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by davodyguy: 7:46am On May 05, 2017
jidxin:
and u called this rise?
it is a fall
Re: Naira Rises To N389/$ As Banks Buy 29% Of Cbn’s Dollar Offer by Flashmove: 7:48am On May 05, 2017
jidxin:
and u called this rise?

No be me call ooo... I never even brush my mouth, how i wan take talk...... Na CBN oooo.. Hold them...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS / Nigeria, Libya In Focus As OPEC Meets Today / Upwork Account price slash bonanza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.