Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Be Mindful Of The Words You Use - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Be Mindful Of The Words You Use (38857 Views)

What VPN Do You Use? / Funny-sounding & Interesting Words You Probably Don't Know / What Yardstick Would You Use To Measure Success In Your Career (2) (3) (4)

Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Laveda(f): 7:42am On May 05, 2017
As we all know, students In nursery, primary and secondary school just resumed for another academic section So I thought I should share this information with us, especially the teachers.

Children are very sensitive, and as such parents and guiders in school should be really careful of the kind of words we use on them. I know some of them can be very stubborn in class even to the extent of annoying you on purpose..

Lemme share this little piece how q teacher lost her job cause of a child.

This teacher asked her little pupil to write, and the child is a really stubborn one. Instead of her to do what she was told she kept doing another thing.. There the teacher said "Because of this your character, I'll kill you"
grin This little girl kept this in her head till she got to the house and reported to the mother, the next day the mum went to the school to meet the proprietress the teacher couldn't give a good explanation for it.. But I'm sure it was all anger and she couldn't control her words

There, the teacher was fired immediately..

The teachers and even everyone should be really mindful of words, Words break and makes a person, we'll be surprised at the level our words can go.

Good Morning!

I think there at people who need this info.

35 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Afonjashapmouth: 7:43am On May 05, 2017
I bet many NL trollers Team need am

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Epositive(m): 7:56am On May 05, 2017
Most times, it's not that easy to keep calm,,,, some kids(especially boys) are just too troublesome,, smiley

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Laveda(f): 7:59am On May 05, 2017
Epositive:
Most times, it's not that easy to keep calm,,,, some kids(especially boys) are just too troublesome,, smiley

That's true, but in some cases like this especially in a school environment with kids, we have to try.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Laveda(f): 8:01am On May 05, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
I bet many NL trollers Team need am

Lol abi
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by vedah: 8:03am On May 05, 2017
Using negative words on kids, is likely to affect them in the long run... We know kids can be stubborn but there are always ways to handle such child.

Nice piece laveda... Cc. Lalasticlala.

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Nobody: 10:34am On May 05, 2017
Laveda:
Children are very sensitive...

grin This little girl kept this in her head till she got to the house and reported to the mother

There, the teacher was fired immediately..

The teachers and even everyone should be really mindful of words, Words break and makes a person, we'll be surprised at the level our words can go.

Have you considered the consequences of this for the child?

For one, she has clearly seen the power in disobedience and she'll certainly grow more wings.

Yes, the teacher was wrong to lose her temper, but instant sack was a bit too HARSH (unless the proprietress had some unresolved beef with the teacher)

Didn't the parent know that the words were a reaction to the BEHAVIOUR of her child?

It's not like the teacher just walked into the class and said "Hey, you there, I will KILL you!"

Yes, you're right about the power of words, but there's much more to this case.

Children also need to OBEY the right words

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by hecukadudu701: 10:34am On May 05, 2017
please teachers should be mindful of the words they use....
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Onyenna(m): 10:34am On May 05, 2017
Okay
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by GloriaNinja(f): 10:35am On May 05, 2017
undecided The teacher deserved what happened to him/her, people should be mindful of what they say, a word is enough for the wise.

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by loadedvibes: 10:35am On May 05, 2017
Notbb

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Deniyi76: 10:35am On May 05, 2017
Mumu teacher.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Juell(m): 10:35am On May 05, 2017
A special dose of patience is required to be a teacher

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Rexphobia(m): 10:35am On May 05, 2017
Okay?
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by otijah2: 10:36am On May 05, 2017
So they left the stubborn student?

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Pavore9: 10:36am On May 05, 2017
You just don't use any word on these young minds.
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by UpLoaded: 10:36am On May 05, 2017
Thats a threat.

the teacher should be made to sign an undertaking

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Damidave1124(m): 10:37am On May 05, 2017
When you're angry, the best thing to do is keep quiet. Because you may likely regret anything you say or do. See as small pikin mess her temporary source of income now
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by jalay(m): 10:37am On May 05, 2017
lipsrsealed undecided

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by maxiuc(m): 10:37am On May 05, 2017
Losing job for this buhari infected recession

Chai I pity the teacher

If na in those days wey school dey sweet your teacher go flog you scatter your parent will give him a high5 a job weldone

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by GeneralOjukwu: 10:38am On May 05, 2017
I won't be mindful....

"FFK....i go report you to Amadioha for the borehole you created!"

angry angry angry

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by mondyden: 10:38am On May 05, 2017
The teacher is not a professional. He or she is not a teacher but a cheat for not knowing and applying the pedagogy of teaching

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by mondyden: 10:38am On May 05, 2017
The teacher is not a professional. He or she is not a teacher but a cheat for not knowing and applying the pedagogy of teaching.

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Nobody: 10:38am On May 05, 2017
them don get her....

back to the auto job search
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by AlexCk: 10:38am On May 05, 2017
"I'll kill u" is quite a strong word to tell a kid tho,

I'll discipline or 'cane' u should suffice

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Stephanie1235(f): 10:38am On May 05, 2017
You made me remember on time in primary school. I had this close friend of mine then we were very close ehn. Then teacher said we were both lesbians I think I was in primary four then

I asked my mum the meaning when I got home and she was like who called you that?? I said Uncle Tayo she rushed to the school the following day and warned him

Tho they didn't fire him sha. He left on his own

I still see him sef till date

This doesn't only apply to teachers tho. It's for every one

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by eme1n(m): 10:38am On May 05, 2017
Epositive:

Na wa, kids will be kids. All kids are troublesome regardless of gender. If you read the piece properly, it was a girl that reported the teacher...
Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by Ourown(m): 10:39am On May 05, 2017
Why do I feel the teacher shouldn't have been fired? warning her should be enough... She will be somewhere now probably sad, loosing your job in this hard economy cry.

Re: Be Mindful Of The Words You Use by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 10:39am On May 05, 2017
teaching is fun if u have brilliant students

7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target / Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) / 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs