Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,618 members, 7,801,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Who Created Other Planets? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created Other Planets? (6493 Views)

Why Do You Think God Created All The Other Planets Aside The Earth? / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Created Other Planets? by SmartMugu: 5:01am On May 06, 2017
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Genesis 1:1‭-‬2 KJV
http://bible.com/1/gen.1.1-2.KJV

We all know the earth isn't the only planet in the world, there are others. Since the bible only mentioned the earth, who then created the other planets? Satan?

Certain things just aren't adding up anymore.

Do aliens that live in some of these planets have their books they read since their planet weren't mentioned in the religious books we read here on earth? Their existence weren't even mentioned in our religious books.

Just trying to learn from those with more knowledge in this area, a problem shared is half-solved. I ponder over this a lot, and believe my brothers and sisters from the motherland can help.

Serious responses pls. No point quoting verses without any logical comparison to the earth we all live on.
Thanks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by felixomor: 5:15am On May 06, 2017
SmartMugu:
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Genesis 1:1‭-‬2 KJV
http://bible.com/1/gen.1.1-2.KJV

We all know the earth isn't the only planet in the world, there are others. Since the bible only mentioned the earth, who then created the other planets? Satan?

Certain things just aren't adding up anymore.

Do aliens that live in some of these planets have their books they read since their planet weren't mentioned in the religious books we read here on earth?

Just trying to learn. I refused to be brainwashed with religion unless someone relates whatever he or she had been reading in some religious books with what we all know about life now.

Serious responses pls.
Thanks.

Firstly.
Genesis 1:1 says "In the beginning God Made the Universe".... (GNT)
The Universe encompasses all planets and everything pertaining to space and matter.

Secondly, please OP have u seen any of these other planets you have mentioned with your eyes or someone told you? (Just asking)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by SmartMugu: 5:22am On May 06, 2017
felixomor:

Firstly.
The Universe encompasses all planets and everything pertaining to space and matter.

Secondly, please OP have u seen any of these other planets you have mentioned with your eyes or someone told you? (Just asking)
Thanks for your response. I have not seen any of these planets
I'm human just like you and live here on earth like I would assume you do, but I follow scientific findings. I once worked for a firm that was entirely into satellite communications (Echostar). They launched a satellite into space while I was still there, and we all saw the satellite imagery broadcasted from space. It was a huge milestone and they wanted every employee to see the entire process. We all watched the entire process. I saw it with our monitoring equipment, smart devices, and TVs at home on some special channels the employees had access to, but I wasnt in space with the satellite looking at the universe with my bare eyes. It wasnt even my job to monitor satellites, I was just watching everything like everyone else did, but was inquisitive about what the firm had a passion for.
I was with the company for about 3 years and left for something else. But they launched other satellites after I left. See some of their footages here on YouTube
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=echostar%20satellite%20launch&sm=1

Something I'm pondering about is why the GNT version you mentioned said something different from KJV version. I'm sure you'll admit the earth is different from the universe. So, which version are we to believe?

3 Likes

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by izzou(m): 5:50am On May 06, 2017
You have only read verse one.

Why don't you read up the whole chapter?

1 Like

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by SmartMugu: 6:01am On May 06, 2017
izzou:
You have only read verse one.

Why don't you read up the whole chapter?
That's why I need smart people like you to tell me what's missing. The gentleman above told me his points. Your points will be helpful too. I dont believe in reading a whole book to figure out what I care about.
Thanks bro
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by adelee777: 6:22am On May 06, 2017
''in d beginning God made the heaven and d earth''. The ''heaven'' being referred to hear encompasses d whole universe. Ie all d planets, galaxies etc. So God created all of dem.
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by dingbang(m): 6:29am On May 06, 2017
adelee777:
''in d beginning God made the heaven and d earth''. The ''heaven'' being referred to hear encompasses d whole universe. Ie all d planets, galaxies etc. So God created all of dem.
lol....

3 Likes

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by CyrusTheGreat: 6:41am On May 06, 2017
God did not create earth or the planets, because god does not exist.

felixomor:

Firstly.

That's quite curious, because according to the extensive study of modern cosmology and geology, the earth only began to form 4.5 billion years ago from space dust and debris left over from our sun's formation, 9.4 billion years after the beginning of the universe, meaning that its only existed for less than 25% of the universes' current lifetime.

What, did the god of these so called 'prophets' just forget to mention the billions of years worth of stuff that was going on throughout the history of the universe for a nonsensical creation story about the world being only a couple of thousands of years old? The failings of a supposedly omnipotent being, or the far more likely scenario that these prophets were pulling crαp out of their αsses?

felixomor:

Are you.... are you denying the existence of other planets?

2 Likes

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by TimmyPapa(m): 7:00am On May 06, 2017
There Is one thing u guys don't knw Abut d bible..
The bible only contains Wats pertaining to us..wat concerns us an Wats edifice us..so that mean anything dat dus not edifices U... s not in d bible... nd d bible was Writen by men of God throug inspiration tru revelation so only wa is shown to them they write down...so ma friend GoD created everyfin... if not may b u can enlighten us and tell us wu u think created d other planets
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by SmartMugu: 7:04am On May 06, 2017
adelee777:
Never heard of this version before. How can the heaven mean the whole universe? Are you saying we are all living in heaven now cos earth is a part of the universe? Where then do people waiting to go to heaven go after they die here in 'heaven'? Kindly clarify.

1 Like

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by SmartMugu: 7:12am On May 06, 2017
TimmyPapa:
The bible only contains Wats pertaining to us..wat concerns us an Wats edifice us..so that mean anything dat dus not edifices U... s not in d bible... nd d bible was Writen by men of God throug inspiration tru revelation so only wa is shown to them they write down...so ma friend GoD created everyfin... if not may b u can enlighten us and tell us wu u think created d other planets

Thanks for your explanation. But don't you think certain people should have written other books after the bible that we can all refer to? Are we saying everyone after those back then were dumb and their views didn't matter, except a few before them that wrote a few stuff they expect everyone to consume for the rest of their lives?

To be frank, this whole thing seem made up.

3 Likes

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by CyrusTheGreat: 7:14am On May 06, 2017
TimmyPapa:

Nobody created the planets. If the shifting of the earth's tectonic plates and crust magma tubes result in the creation of a volcanic island in the pacific ocean, can you really claim that there was 'someone who made it'? It's just cause and effect. Planets are generally the end result of a star's formation within a nebula. That's all there is to it. No magical religious hocus pocus, no divine intervention, nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by Wilgrea7(m): 7:18am On May 06, 2017
i think the writer of Genesis was only writing what concerned him
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by SmartMugu: 7:22am On May 06, 2017
CyrusTheGreat:

That's quite curious, because according to the extensive study of modern cosmology and geology, the earth only began to form 4.5 billion years ago from space dust and debris left over from our sun's formation, 9.4 billion years after the beginning of the universe, meaning that its only existed for less than 25% of the universes' current lifetime.

What, did the god of these so called 'prophets' just forget to mention the billions of years worth of stuff that was going on throughout the history of the universe for a nonsensical creation story about the world being only a couple of thousands of years old? The failings of a supposedly omnipotent being, or the far more likely scenario that these prophets were pulling crαp out of their αsses?

Your comment makes a few things require more questions. If the earth existed since 4.5billion years ago, then when were Adam and Eve created? Were they apes? That's what science described early humans as. If today is 2017, I'd assume it's 2017 AD and Jesus couldn't have died any more than 2017 years ago, max 3000 years even including possible errors in the dates. The bible includes Adam and Eve in the old testernment, Christ and his disciples in the new testernment. Are we saying some folks were around 4.5billion years ago and someone somewhere was alive to document everything within both ages in a book?2017 years ago is entirely far from 4.5billion years you mentioned. Why is science and religion on two separate pages?
Things don't add up here.
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by hopefulLandlord: 7:30am On May 06, 2017
SmartMugu:

Why is science and religion on two separate pages?

cuz one deals with good evidence and the other deals with bad or no evidence but covers it all up by emphasising the importance of faith (believing something is true despite no evidence)

7 Likes

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by SmartMugu: 7:35am On May 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

cuz one deals with good evidence and the other deals with bad or no evidence but covers it all up by emphasising the importance of faith (believing something is true despite no evidence)
So, which of the two does a blind person like me believe?
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by hopefulLandlord: 7:37am On May 06, 2017
SmartMugu:

So, which of the two does a blind person like me believe?

I think its a false dichotomy fallacy going on here, Religion is not same as Christianity so maybe some other religion out there is true and fits in with science but Christianity has NO/BAD evidence of being true
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by SmartMugu: 7:42am On May 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I think its a false dichotomy fallacy going on here, Religion is not same as Christianity so maybe some other religion out there is true and fits in with science but Christianity has NO/BAD evidence of being true
Thanks for sharing your views. I personally try to refrain from going too deep into religion but I'm not afraid to ask questions when things appear to be on separate pages. I appreciate your time.
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by Nobody: 7:50am On May 06, 2017
CyrusTheGreat:

Are you.... are you denying the existence of other planets?

It baffles me when ppl base aguements on the discorveries by Scientists. As if Scientists are faultless. There are many theories that were later found out to be faulty by Scientists themselves and many more will still be discovered to be faulty in later years.
So all these beliefs that earth came into existence 4.5billion years ago are total nonsense. where were the ppl making those pronouncements then. Where were their great grand parents. Was there any writen information by an eye witness?

Down below are very few of Scientic findings and beliefs that were later found to be untrue. So I stick to the Bible account.

1- Fleischmann–Pons’s Nuclear Fusion
Cold fusion is a supposed kind of nuclear reaction that would occur at relatively low temperatures compared with hot fusion. As a new type of nuclear reaction, it gained much popularity after reports in 1989 by famous electrochemists Stanley Pons and Martin Fleischmann. The craze about cold fusion became weaker as other scientists, after trying to repeat the experiment, failed to get similar results.

2- Phrenology
Now widely considered as a pseudoscience, phrenology was the study of the shape of skull as indicative of the strengths of different faculties. Modern scientific research wiped it out by proving that personality traits could not be traced to specific portions of the brain.

3- The Blank Slate
The Blank Slate theory (or Tabula rasa), widely popularized by John Locke in 1689, proposed that individuals are born without built-in mental content and that their knowledge comes from experience and perception. Modern research suggests that genes and other family traits inherited from birth, along with innate instincts of course, also play a very important role.
4- Luminiferous Aether

The aether (or ether) was a mysterious substance that was thought to transmit light through the universe. The idea of a luminiferous aether was debunked as experiments in the diffraction and refraction of light, and later Einstein’s special theory of relativity, came along and entirely revolutionized physics.

5- Einstein’s Static (or Stationary) Universe
A static universe, also called a “stationary” or “Einstein” universe, was a model proposed by
Albert Einstein in 1917. It was problematic from the beginning. Edwin Hubble’s discovery of the relationship between red shift obliterated it by completely demonstrating that the universe is constantly expanding.

6- Martian Canals
The Martian canals were a network of gullies and ravines that some 19th century scientists erroneously thought to exist on Mars. First detected in 1877 by Italian astronomer Giovanni Schiaparelli, modern telescopes and imaging technology completely debunked the myth. The “canals” were actually found to be a mere optical illusion.

7- Phlogiston Theory
First postulated in 1667 by German physician Johann Joachim Becher, Phlogiston Theory is an obsolete scientific theory regarding the existence of “phlogiston”, a fire-like element, which was contained within combustible bodies and released during combustion. The theory tried to explain burning processes such as combustion and the rusting of metals, which are now jointly termed as “oxidation”.

8- The Expanding or Growing Earth
The Expanding Earth or Growing Earth is a hypothesis suggesting that the position and relative movement of continents is dependent on the volume of the Earth increasing. Modern science has turned down any expansion or contraction of the Earth.

9- Discovery of the Planet Vulcan
A small planet that was supposed to exist in an orbit between Mercury and the Sun, French mathematician Urbain Jean Joseph Le Verrier coined the name “Vulcan” while trying to explain the nature of Mercury’s orbit. No such planet was ever discovered, while the orbit of Mercury was explained in detail by Albert Einstein’s theory of general relativity.

10- Spontaneous (or Equivocal) Generation
Spontaneous generation or equivocal generation is an obsolete principle concerning the origin of life from inanimate matter. The hypothesis was brought out by Aristotle who advocated the work of earlier natural philosophers. It was proven wrong in the 19th century by the experiments of Louis Pasteur , drawing influence from Francesco Redi who was an early proponent of germ theory and cell theory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by niyihawking(m): 8:08am On May 06, 2017
SmartMugu:

Your comment makes a few things require more questions. If the earth existed since 4.5billion years ago, then when were Adam and Eve created? Were they apes? If today is 2017, I'd assume it's 2017 AD and Jesus couldn't have died any more than 2017 years ago, max 3000 years even including possible errors in the dates. The bible includes Adam and Eve in the old testernment, Christ and his disciples in the new testernment. Are we saying some folks were around 4.5billion years ago and someone somewhere was alive to document everything within both ages in a book?2017 years ago is entirely far from 4.5billion years you mentioned. Why is science and religion on two separate pages?
Things don't add up here.

1. There are no Adam and Eve to begin with, its just an attempt by primitive men to explain the possible origin of we humans.

2. Humans do not come from apes(not that orangutan gave birth to Einstein), but from ape like ancestors (our ancestors looked like apes, not that they are apes).

3. No one was around 4.5billion years ago, moreover religionist claimed that the earth is some thousand years old, but with the technology of carbon dating, we've been able to estimate the age of the earth by dating the age of some rocks around us.

4. Jesus was said to be of a special Born, he was sent to earth to rescue humans from sin. But his claims are not so special, the same was said bout Gothama(Buddha), he was also of special born. Same applies to Horus, Vishnu ,Mohammed and the likes.

5. Lastly, religion and science will always be on separate pages cos religionist are egoistic, and claim to know all from just one book. But scientists on the other hand are humble and open minded, do not claim to know all bout our universe but dedicate themselves to continuous study even after reading thousands of books.
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by niyihawking(m): 8:13am On May 06, 2017
davtosh:

It baffles me when ppl base aguements on the discorveries by Scientists. As if Scientists are faultless. There are many theories that were later found out to be faulty by Scientists themselves and many more will still be discovered to be faulty in later years.
So all these beliefs that earth came into existence 4.5billion years ago are total nonsense. where were the ppl making those pronouncements then. Where were their great grand parents. Was there any writen information by an eye witness?

Down below are very few of Scientic findings and beliefs that were later found to be untrue. So I stick to the Bible account.

Cold fusion is a supposed kind of nuclear reaction that would occur at relatively low temperatures compared with hot fusion. As a new type of nuclear reaction, it gained much popularity after reports in 1989 by famous electrochemists Stanley Pons and Martin Fleischmann. The craze about cold fusion became weaker as other scientists, after trying to repeat the experiment, failed to get similar results.

2- Phrenology
Now widely considered as a pseudoscience, phrenology was the study of the shape of skull as indicative of the strengths of different faculties. Modern scientific research wiped it out by proving that personality traits could not be traced to specific portions of the brain.

3- The Blank Slate
The Blank Slate theory (or Tabula rasa), widely popularized by John Locke in 1689, proposed that individuals are born without built-in mental content and that their knowledge comes from experience and perception. Modern research suggests that genes and other family traits inherited from birth, along with innate instincts of course, also play a very important role.
4- Luminiferous Aether

The aether (or ether) was a mysterious substance that was thought to transmit light through the universe. The idea of a luminiferous aether was debunked as experiments in the diffraction and refraction of light, and later Einstein’s special theory of relativity, came along and entirely revolutionized physics.

A static universe, also called a “stationary” or “Einstein” universe, was a model proposed by
Albert Einstein in 1917. It was problematic from the beginning. Edwin Hubble’s discovery of the relationship between red shift obliterated it by completely demonstrating that the universe is constantly expanding.

6- Martian Canals
The Martian canals were a network of gullies and ravines that some 19th century scientists erroneously thought to exist on Mars. First detected in 1877 by Italian astronomer Giovanni Schiaparelli, modern telescopes and imaging technology completely debunked the myth. The “canals” were actually found to be a mere optical illusion.

7- Phlogiston Theory
First postulated in 1667 by German physician Johann Joachim Becher, Phlogiston Theory is an obsolete scientific theory regarding the existence of “phlogiston”, a fire-like element, which was contained within combustible bodies and released during combustion. The theory tried to explain burning processes such as combustion and the rusting of metals, which are now jointly termed as “oxidation”.

The Expanding Earth or Growing Earth is a hypothesis suggesting that the position and relative movement of continents is dependent on the volume of the Earth increasing. Modern science has turned down any expansion or contraction of the Earth.

A small planet that was supposed to exist in an orbit between Mercury and the Sun, French mathematician Urbain Jean Joseph Le Verrier coined the name “Vulcan” while trying to explain the nature of Mercury’s orbit. No such planet was ever discovered, while the orbit of Mercury was explained in detail by Albert Einstein’s theory of general relativity.

Spontaneous generation or equivocal generation is an obsolete principle concerning the origin of life from inanimate matter. The hypothesis was brought out by Aristotle who advocated the work of earlier natural philosophers. It was proven wrong in the 19th century by the experiments of Louis Pasteur , drawing influence from Francesco Redi who was an early proponent of germ theory and cell theory.

Your ignorance is obvious

One of the feature of science is "falsifiability"

If you know what that means.

3 Likes

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by TimmyPapa(m): 8:15am On May 06, 2017
SmartMugu:

Thanks for your explanation. But don't you think certain people should have written other books after the bible that we can all refer to? Are we saying everyone after those back then were dumb and their views didn't matter, except a few before them that wrote a few stuff they expect everyone to consume for the rest of their lives.

To be frank, this whole thing seem made up.
Smiles...wel other poeple av written books too dat has helped us... but let's think about it... lets asume it was made up.. bn a xtian bn a muslim bn atheist... lets b natural... in chosing wah to belive don't u think standard, Time ,writers should b put into consideration
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by TimmyPapa(m): 8:19am On May 06, 2017
CyrusTheGreat:

Nobody created the planets. If the shifting of the earth's tectonic plates and crust magma tubes result in the creation of a volcanic island in the pacific ocean, can you really claim that there was 'someone who made it'? It's just cause and effect. Planets are generally the end result of a star's formation within a nebula. That's all there is to it. No magical religious hocus pocus, no divine intervention, nothing.
How do u Come to existence sir?... see scientific problem is 1 dy can't find explanation about GOd...
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by niyihawking(m): 8:28am On May 06, 2017
TimmyPapa:

How do u Come to existence sir?... see scientific problem is 1 dy can't find explanation about GOd...
Now they can't, but soon; we will know the mind of god
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by Richirich713: 8:28am On May 06, 2017
Genesis 1:1 is referring to the creation of the universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff5PkJvQsdI
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by SmartMugu: 8:33am On May 06, 2017
TimmyPapa:

Smiles...wel other poeple av written books too dat has helped us... but let's think about it... lets asume it was made up.. bn a xtian bn a muslim bn atheist... lets b natural... in chosing wah to belive don't u think standard, Time ,writers should b put into consideration
To be frank, it would be highly appreciated if you could help rephrase what you just said. I think I may just be too dumb to understand what your point is.
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by SmartMugu: 8:43am On May 06, 2017
niyihawking:

3. No one was around 4.5billion years ago, moreover religionist claimed that the earth is some thousand years old, but with the technology of carbon dating, we've been able to estimate the age of the earth by dating the age of some rocks around us.

Someone mentioned the earth was created 4.5 billion years ago. Are we saying God waited for over 4.499 billion years or there abouts before he created the the first humans? Why does Genesis make it seem the whole project was completed in seven days? I'm confused.

1 Like

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by SmartMugu: 9:02am On May 06, 2017
CyrusTheGreat:

Wow. I need to learn English all over again to re-read this. I have no clue what you said, but nice point I guess for those that know what tectonic, magma tube, hocus pocus etc mean. grin
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by SmartMugu: 9:07am On May 06, 2017
TimmyPapa:

About the explanation of God, are other animals - lions, Tigers, gorillas,crocodiles, whales, baboons, monkeys, goats, chickens etc also thinking about God? I've seen each of them murder other animals or plants for food. They're sharing same earth with us. Do they go to heaven and hell too?

In my opinion, it will be unfair if only humans end up in hell after seeing how lions and Tigers attack and kill other innocent animals or how larger fishes devour smaller innocent ones, yet simple lieing will land a human like us in hell. Thou shall not kill. Thou shall not lie. Are those applicable to these animals too, or just us humans?
My understanding is that we are animals like them, just smarter.
Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:09am On May 06, 2017
SmartMugu:

Someone mentioned the earth was created 4.5 billion years ago. Are we saying God waited for over 4.499 billion years or there abouts before he created the the first humans? Why does Genesis make it seem the whole project was completed in seven days? I'm confused.

There are so many interpretations to the Genesis creation story .

1. Its an allegory : Did God really create everything in just 6 24-hour days ? . Theologians as early as the first century such as Jewish scholar Philo of Alexandria and Augustine of Hippo suggested that the creation story shouldn't be taken literally . There are so many allegorical views of the creation story . Theistic evolutionists (Christian evolutionists in this case) - people who believe God orchestrated evolution - also subscribe to this perspective .

2. It wasn't actually 24 hour days : Historians and scholars have revealed that "morning" and "evening" are used by the Hebrews to describe the beginning and end of long periods of time . Progressive creationists subscribe to this view : God created life and diversified it over eons - millions of years as science has revealed .

3. Earth was created again , for the second time : There is what is called the Gap Theory - there seems to be a some sort of gap between Genesis 1: 1 and Genesis 1:2 and creationists who subscribe to this view believe that earth(first earth) was created and then destroyed by "Lucifer's flood" . It tends to explain Satan's fall and then his involvement in the origin of sin . Gap Theorists believe that "man" for (Pre-Adamites) and other life forms were created in the first earth but were destroyed before life was created and diversified again in just 6 days.

4. The earth is not actually 4.5 billion years but God made it seem like it : I really don't understand this perspective because I haven't gone deep into it for (I've forgotten the name it was labelled) . But the gist is : God created the earth not too long ago but gave it the appearance of a really old earth .

There are so many others .
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by CatfishBilly: 9:16am On May 06, 2017
davtosh:

2- Phrenology

3- The Blank Slate
4- Luminiferous Aether

6- Martian Canals

7- Phlogiston Theory

The good thing about science is that it has to be reproducible by your rivals/peers (the famous phrase "peer review" ) before it is generally accepted. If it is not reproducible, it is discarded faster than you can say Jack Robinson and every example you listed up there wasn't reproducible.
In science no one is against proposing hypothesis, the issue now is, can it stand the scrutiny of your rivals?

3 Likes

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by SmartMugu: 9:22am On May 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

There are so many interpretations to the Genesis creation story .

1. Its an allegory : Did God really create everything in just 6 24-hour days ? . Theologians as early as the first century such as Jewish scholar Philo of Alexandria and Augustine of Hippo suggested that the creation story shouldn't be taken literally . There are so many allegorical views of the creation story . Theistic evolutionists - people who believe God orchestrated evolution - also subscribe to this perspective .

2. It wasn't actually 24 hour days : Historians and scholars have revealed that "morning" and "evening" are used by the Hebrews to describe the beginning and end of long periods of time . Progressive creationists subscribe to this view : God created life and diversified it over eons - millions of years as science has revealed .

3. Earth was created again , for the second time : There is what is called the Gap Theory - there seems to be a some sort of gap between Genesis 1: 1 and Genesis 1:2 and creationists who subscribe to this view believe that earth(first earth) was created and then destroyed by "Lucifer's flood" . It tends to explain Satan's fall and then his involvement in the origin of sin . Gap Theorists believe that "man" for (Pre-Adamites) and other life forms were created in the first earth but were destroyed before life was created and diversified again in just 6 days.

4. The earth is not actually 4.5 billion years but God made it seem like it : I really don't understand this perspective because I haven't gone deep into it for (I've forgotten the name it was labelled) . But the gist is : God created the earth not too long ago but gave it the appearance of a really old earth .

There are so many others .
Did you read all this from a different type of Bible? This appears to contradict everything I learnt in Sunday school when I was little.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Religion Is Ridiculous / Sons & Daughters of Lucifer show yourself / @the Lord's Chosen: At The Mention Of Chosen, Every Demon Flee Not Jesus???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.