Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time (46051 Views)

Nigeria's Top 10 Rappers Of The Year / Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time / Top Ten Rappers Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by freshkid(m): 2:46am On Jan 27, 2007
Top 10 greatest Rappers of all time:
let me knw who u fink r d greatest to evr touch the MIC. my list are as follows:

1. Biggie Smalls
2. Tupac
3. Rakim
4. Jay Z
5. Nas
6. KRS1
7. Ice Cube
8. Snoop Dogg
9. Wu Tang Clan
10. Dr. Dre

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by naijafan(m): 1:00pm On Jan 27, 2007
place dre above jay-z. i dont care what position jay-z goes but include eminem in the top five.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by 4Play(m): 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2007
@naijafan
dre is the best producer rap has ever seen,but he is certainly no rapper.

In fact ,I wouldn't place him in the top 10

Jay-Z does not belong to that list

50 Cents is a better lyricist,people dislike because of his many childish beefs with other rappers.

This is my list:
Biggie
2 Pac
Nas
Rakim
Method Man
50 Cents
Snoop
Prodigy
Eminen
Eric Sermon
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by naijafan(m): 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2007
fore play, cool down. what is methodman and 50 lookin for on that list? it says greatest rappers of all time, not of sometime in history  grin
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by 4Play(m): 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2007
Method Man has been rapping since 1993,that is 14 years

Fiddy has been rapping since 1998,that is 9 years

If someone who has been rapping for 9 or 14 years does not deserve to be on the list,then who is.

How long has rap been mainstream?
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by naijafan(m): 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2007
lol. if that's the case, then u might be considering ll cool j above them
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by freshkid(m): 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2007
@ 4 Play:
i wud assume u dont knw shit bout rap. Hw wud u wanna say Jay Z sudnt be in dat list? U wanna put eminem ahead of Jay Z. Jay Z is 1 of d best to ve evr touched the mic. His lyrics r killin. He has changed the game entirely. 1 of the most flexible rapper to ve evr rapd. That nigga has done it all. He has done it wit the best of soul: MARY J BLIGE, best of RNB: R.KELLY, best of ROCK: COLDPLAY AND LINKIN PARK, best of RAP: DR. DRE, RAKIM, BIGGIE SMALLS ETC. He has basically done it wit every1. He has killed everybody on each songs. Other than Biggie Smalls i dnt fink there is any other wit lyrics beta thn Jigga man himself. Ma nigga go check up on ur rap history n name those that ve done it beta than HOV.
Ve u heard CHRONIC? dat has to rated in the top 10 hiphop/rap album of all tym. My guy get ur facts ryt, aiight.
U definately ve 2 b clownin sayin 50 cent shud be on a list lyk dat. My guy do u listen 2 rap or bunch of love songs?
Holla bk @ me for mre stizz bout hiphop/rap.

And year i agree METHOD MAN shud be on d list dats y i put WU TANG CLAN
PLS THE NAME OF THE TOPIC IS TOP 10 GREATEST RAPPERS OF ALL TIME.
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by sykboi(m): 5:47pm On Jan 27, 2007
@fresh kid
dont trip jay z is good but how tha hell wuld u say he is the best that eva held a mic ur not serious.ma list is:
1.tupac
2.rakim
3.eminem
4.KRS 1
5.Nas
6.Biggie
7.mclyte
8.jayz
9.Mc shan
10.Outlawz
Those are just a few
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by naijafan(m): 5:53pm On Jan 27, 2007
@ sykboi

your list is more like it.
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by 4Play(m): 5:58pm On Jan 27, 2007
Is this list based on best lyricists or or what

What is MC Lyte doing in a list of the top 10 greatest rappers of all time?

As for Jay Z,i don't know what people see in him but he has not done one good track since "Can I live"
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by naijafan(m): 6:27pm On Jan 27, 2007
@pre-intimacy grin
well, i didnt see that. i was cool wit the first five.

but you would agree wit me that ll cool j should be higher than methodman and 50 if its by how long peeps been in tha game
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by sykboi(m): 6:40pm On Jan 28, 2007
naijafan u get ma respect for being a very correct hiphop fan the rest are just loafing
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by paddylo1(m): 7:04pm On Jan 28, 2007

1.2pac
2.jay-z
3.biggie
4.Nas
5.Snoop Dogg
6.Outkast
7.The Fugees
8.E-40
9.wU-tang
10.L.L.Cool .J

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by 4Play(m): 7:09pm On Jan 28, 2007
How can the top ten greatest rappers include the Fugees and the whole of the Wu-Tang Clan.So perhaps Lauryn Hill and Pras are great rappers.

So ODB,U-GOD,cappadona,Inspectah Decck are all among the greatest?

If u are going to include a group,why not NWA who had Dre,Eazy-E,Ice Cube

WhY not DPG,cYPRESS hILL

What the hell is Outkast doing on that list?
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by paddylo1(m): 7:37pm On Jan 28, 2007
@4play
i look at group artists as one,afterall we are judging the music they release and not them per say. . .again i go by impact made by each person or group. . .wu tang are icons,u just can't go breaking them down,same goes for outkast,(who is better big boy or andre 3000?),don't know but i know outKast got it popping for Atlanta and put them on the map,
The fugees stepped up during the east coast west coast beef,and released one of the best albums of the 90"s. . THE SCORE. . .listen to it again and see the skills present in them 3emcees from jersey. . .
N.W.A was tight but they had more impact as solo artists than as a group. . dre,cube,easy-e. . .
again its my opinion,and we don't have to agree. . .
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by freshkid(m): 3:00am On Jan 29, 2007
@ paddy_lo
Wot it do homie, u seem 2 b a tru hip hop fan. U ve got it goin on.
Ur list evn kills ma list.
1.2pac
2.jay-z
3.biggie
4.Nas
5.Snoop Dogg
6.Outkast
7.The Fugees
8.E-40
9.wU-tang
10.L.L.Cool .J

Outkst ve been dominatin d game since 1994 n deserve 2 b in d list. Dey r hiphop itself. The Fugees: Hw cud i 4get dem?
u ve really done ur home wrk bot hiphop/rap. N 4 all those peeps who fink 5o cent sud b in d list, dey really r buggin. We tlkin bout rappers wit street credibility. C'mon ma niggas. Wots goin on?
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by gbadex1(m): 8:23am On Jan 29, 2007
Now y'all mofos been loafing around with them shitty lists. . .

This is how it goes on gbade's>>

Rakim
2pac
BIG
NaS
Canibus
Talib Kweli
Immortal Technique
Eminem
Common
KRS-1
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by paddylo1(m): 9:29am On Jan 29, 2007
@Freshkid
sup.  .nigga. . .them niggas don't know was up. . .Gbade x be repping immortal technique. . .whoeverr they are they can't be realer than wu tang,E-40,The Fugees or Outkast. . .common men. . .who knoew bout. . .southernPlayalysticaddillacmusic,Atliens,aQUIMENI,iDLEWILD. . .AND so on. . .E-40. . .niggas be gettin all they slang from E-40. . .The fugees. . .niggas don't know,and wu tang. . .nigs better recognize. . tis all good though. . .
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by gbadex1(m): 2:52pm On Jan 29, 2007
The Wu tang and the Fugees are groups!! The title says, "Top 10 Greatest Rappers" and not groups!!

E-40? Paddy_lo, please tell me you'
ve not been drinking too much sepe. E-40's one of the wackest rappers out there!! If u think hiphop is all about slang-talking then ROF-LMAO @ you!!!

Oh, one more thing. Immortal Technique is one person and not a group!!

Ask any true hiphop head. They will tell u Immortal Technique's one of the illest rappers in the game. The fact that you don't know him is because he's an underground veteran and a sick-ass mc who doesn't do mainstream music.
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by paddylo1(m): 3:47pm On Jan 29, 2007
@Gbade.x
E-40 whack?. . . nigga get your shit str8. . .your favorite artists. . on your list pac,Big,Nas,Canibus,Kweli,eminem and common all bow down to and respect E-40. . .forty is a Rap legend. . .better stay in naija and don't come over here. . or near the Bay Area. .or West coast in General and say that crap for real. . .u don't know what u yappin about.
and about the group thing,how do you rate the impact made by OUTkast,fugees,wu-tang,outlaw immortalz. . .and so on,you gots to include em cats on the list somehow,cause the story aint complete without them
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Hawkeye(m): 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2008
dont know how u guyz r gonna arrange my list but this is how it goes with no order in particular,

2pac, biggy jayz, nas, krs1, ll cool J, eminem, rakim, ice cube & will smith.

And will smith becos I f**king like him period
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by slimghost(m): 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2008
my list in no particular order.

NAS
BIGGIE
2PAC
JAY Z
LIL WAYNE
TALIB KWELI
RS ONE
COMMON
EMINEM
MOS DEF
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by shotster50(m): 8:34pm On Oct 17, 2008
Tupac
Rakim
Notorious BIG
Nas
A Tribe Called Quest
Wu-Tang Clan
Run-Dmc
Jay Z
Immortal Technique
Eminem
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by A40(m): 3:47am On Oct 18, 2008
Tupac (Made more hits dead than most rappers would ever do alive)
B.I.G
Jay-Z(Best Rapper Alive)
Nas
Common
The Roots (Black Thought them too under-rate you)
DMX
Method man/Redman (they are twins i can't separate them pardon me)
Eminem
Snoop Dogg

I wish i could fit these guys into that list Dr Dre,Talib,Bun-B,Slick Rick da Ruler,Ice Cube,Big-Pun,Busta Rhymes,E-40,Will Smith
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Baudex(m): 1:28am On Mar 13, 2009
Who dey add common for the list
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by spikyn: 5:45pm On Mar 16, 2009
NOT IN ORDER

ManCHILD
DMX
Nas
Tupac
B.I.G.
Lauryn Hill
Mase (for good or ill, he's the poster-boy for bling rap and lazy flows!)
Eminem (and I'm not even a fan)
Ahmad Jones
-

I'm leaving a blank spaces for whoever's up next. . .
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by obinna5000(m): 7:50pm On Mar 16, 2009
The Notorious B.I.G.
2Pac
Jay-Z
Eminem
T-Bone
OutKast (Big Boi & Andre3000)
Kanye West
KRS-One
Rakim
Wyclef Jean
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by darksyd: 9:03pm On Mar 16, 2009
i wonder y sum1 wud say Jay-z has only made one Good song, and den name 50 cent as a great rapper, it just doesnt add up.50 is gud, but not great,
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Bamsyle(m): 10:32am On Mar 17, 2009
There are very many good rappers, but when using the word 'great' to describe rappers; these come to ma mind:

1. 2pac
1. Biggie
2. Nas
3. Rakim
4. KRS-1
5. Ice Cube
6. DMX
7. Eminem
8. Jay-Z
9. Red/Meth-man (like A-40, I see 'em as twins. Also, I can only list the duo, not individuals, in ma Top 10 List)
10. Snoop Dogg

The first two names were not numbered in error . . . these 2 are the greatest ever . . . I rate 'em equally . . .

Honourable Mention:
Dr Dre, Busta Rhymes, LL Cool J, Chuck D, Craig Mack, Mos Def, Talib, Jadakiss, Ludacris, Kool G. Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Big L, Big Pun, Wu-Tang, Blackthought, Common, Immortal Technique, Warren-G, Lauryn Hill, Slick Rick, The Game, MC Lyte, Q-Tip, Naughty By Nature, Mr. Cheeks (of Lost Boyz), Heavy D.

Wow . . . so long . . . too long . . .  I'm out . . . grin
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by icezik1(m): 2:28pm On Mar 18, 2009
My own list is as follows:

1. Eminem
2. NAS
3. Jay-Z
4. G-Unit(50cent,Lloyd Banks,Tony Yayo,Young Buck(Past Member),The Game(past member) I listen to all 5 esp. 50 and Game
5. T.I
6. Tupac
7. B.I.G
8. M. Shinoda (Of LINKIN PARK) aka Fort Minor
9. Mode9 (Believe it or not!)
10. Kanye West

My list is based on the impact of these rappers on my life and conception of Rap and Hip Hop culture as a whole. Personally, from sheer flow and ability to spit on a phat beat, I rank Jay-Z the greatest rapper of all time, however, I'll put lyrics above beats any day and that is the reason why Eminem and NAS are above Jay-Z and why names like T.I, B.I.G and even Nigeria's Mode9 are on my list. I love the members of G-Unit (Past and Present) for their sheer "SWAGGER" when it comes to rap. The Game and 50 Cent are prime examples. Kayne West is the master of commercial rap bested only by Jay-Z. M. Shinoda is one of those guys that evolved rap into something beautiful. Many people ignore him because of his membership of Linkin Park, but who remembers "In The End" (Both the original and esp. the remix) or "Numb" etc.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by dready(f): 6:00am On Mar 22, 2009
mine is

Biggie
Pac
Dm-x
Eminem
Dre
Nas
then the rest people can come in
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by tra010: 7:34am On Sep 13, 2009
My top artist are
Tupoc
Biggie
Nas
Jay-z
Rakim
KRS-One
Black Star (talib and mos def)
Eminem
Andre 3000
Common

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Searching - 2BABA ft. Bongos Ikwue (Video) / Top Ten Rappers Of All Time / Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.