Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? (4638 Views)

2009 Corrola, 2010 Camry, Corrola Sports 2010 For Sale. ( All At Ajah Area Lagos / Range Rover Astronaut Edition Is Only For Those Who Paid ₦90m To Fly Into Space / China Makes Zotye T900, A Replica Of The Range Rover Sport - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by kennyzboy: 11:46am On May 06, 2017
Please brethren I'm really concerned about this and in need of valuable advice. I'd like to know if it's a good car to own as per reliability and cost of ownership, I'll prefer the hard truth and not biased information. Current and previous users' experiences are highly welcome and most importantly car gurus, mechanics/technicians, engineers. Copy GAZZUZZ, Kingreign, Kashif, Ikenna351, Starbeams, Costee, Nissparts, Mayor2013, hunmusa, Sooperrescue, LeJeun3, erico2k2....................

Thanks
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by WhistleB(m): 11:53am On May 06, 2017
Cc: AutoJoshNG
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 06, 2017
WhistleB:
Cc: AutoJoshNG
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by erico2k2(m): 12:51pm On May 06, 2017
kennyzboy:
Please brethren I'm really concerned about this and in need of valuable advice. I'd like to know if it's a good car to own as per reliability and cost of ownership, I'll prefer the hard truth and not biased information. Current and previous users' experiences are highly welcome and most importantly car gurus, mechanics/technicians, engineers. Copy GAZZUZZ, Kingreign, Kashif, Ikenna351, Starbeams, Costee, Nissparts, Mayor2013, hunmusa, Sooperrescue, LeJeun3, erico2k2....................

Thanks
Ofcos yes and you can watch thier reviews on youtube .
Not cheap to mentain bit is a luxurious car .
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by LeJeun3: 10:53pm On May 06, 2017
kennyzboy:

Thanks

Very reliable vehicle!
Maintenance as per the book is more than a pinch. . .
Don't cut corners!

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by sooperrescue(m): 4:29am On May 07, 2017
Very reliable and maintenance is cheap. It is only when you try to use mobil 1 that you will hear tales by moonlight. The number 1 problem is the engine oil. Many people ignore that and fry their engine. Getting used engine is above 4 m and most owners still cut corners when it comes to maintenance. Genuine brakepads is not more than 15k per set, oil change with the recommended 5w20, air filters is not more than 90k and that is twice a year. Get it and join our range rover off road competition taking place in Lagos on Democracy day. Registration is on going by sending a mail to info@arcnigeria.com.
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by kennyzboy: 7:11am On May 07, 2017
LeJeun3:

Very reliable vehicle!
Maintenance as per the book is more than a pinch. . .
Don't cut corners!

Thanks LeJeun for your feedback, it's highly appreciated.
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by kennyzboy: 7:13am On May 07, 2017
sooperrescue:
Very reliable and maintenance is cheap. It is only when you try to use mobil 1 that you will hear tales by moonlight. The number 1 problem is the engine oil. Many people ignore that and fry their engine. Getting used engine is above 4 m and most owners still cut corners when it comes to maintenance. Genuine brakepads is not more than 15k per set, oil change with the recommended 5w20, air filters is not more than 90k and that is twice a year. Get it and join our range rover off road competition taking place in Lagos on Democracy day. Registration is on going by sending a mail to info@arcnigeria.com.

Nice advice sooperrescue, so if I may ask which engine oil is suitable for use here?
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by kennyzboy: 7:15am On May 07, 2017
erico2k2:

Ofcos yes and you can watch thier reviews on youtube .
Not cheap to mentain bit is a luxurious car .

Thanks erico2k2 for your feedback bro.
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by sooperrescue(m): 7:23am On May 07, 2017
kennyzboy:

Nice advice sooperrescue, so if I may ask which engine oil is suitable for use here?
Castrol edge extended performance 5 w 20
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by kennyzboy: 8:03am On May 07, 2017
kennyzboy:

I meant what brand or, brands of 5w20 are suitable for this vehicle, please.
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by kennyzboy: 9:32am On May 07, 2017
sooperrescue:

Castrol edge extended performance 5 w 20

Oh, ok thanks bro.

Please what's the price range for this Castrol edge extended performance 5w20 engine oil and what's the recommended frequency of oil change needed.
Thanks again bro.
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by sooperrescue(m): 1:05pm On May 07, 2017
Twice a year. The Engine oil price depends on the current exchange rate. Last year, it was 3k per litre, this year, it is going steadily into 7k per litre

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by jodecibmw: 1:21pm On May 07, 2017
sooperrescue:
Twice a year. The Engine oil price depends on the current exchange rate. Last year, it was 3k per litre, this year, it is going steadily into 7k per litre

Thanks for all your effort bro.
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by sooperrescue(m): 1:42pm On May 07, 2017
Ba wahala
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 07, 2017
Avoid that car bro. Its a money pit. Are you ready to battle balloon issues?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by kingreign(m): 5:43pm On May 07, 2017
kennyzboy:

Thanks

its not cheap to purchase, not cheap to run and maintain, its got a big v8 motor and a supercharger blowing air into it for more power so you're getting a complicated engine, complex electronics, and its more than 2ton of curb mass so do not expect cheap gas cos it requires premium gasoline which is unavailable in Nigeria, octane boosters can be used yet its expensive and most products available in market are snake oils. Parts are expensive, failures are abound but not as woeful as its immediate past model.

You're only buying this truck cos you love it, and not for any other logical reason than the love for it and the luxury and brand loyalty.

2 Likes

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by kennyzboy: 6:32pm On May 07, 2017
Plankton2017:

Aahh!! So it's unreliable then?

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by kennyzboy: 6:35pm On May 07, 2017
kingreign:

its not cheap to purchase, not cheap to run and maintain, its got a big v8 motor and a supercharger blowing air into it for more power so you're getting a complicated engine, complex electronics, and its more than 2ton of curb mass so do not expect cheap gas cos it requires premium gasoline which is unavailable in Nigeria, octane boosters can be used yet its expensive and most products available in market are snake oils. Parts are expensive, failures are abound but not as woeful as its immediate past model.

You're only buying this truck cos you love it, and not for any other logical reason than the love for it and the luxury and brand loyalty.

Wow!!! Thanks for the feedback bro ... I appreciate the brotherly advice and your opinion has been well noted.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by sooperrescue(m): 6:49pm On May 07, 2017
Balloon issues? How well do you know the car? How much is the balloon? And how often do you hear the balloon giving issues? I once heard of a mercedes Cls with balloon issues and the balloon costs 550k and the owner needed 2. It took the owner 6 months to raise the amount and sold off the car. With 380k, you will buy 4 balloons of the range rover sport but there has never been anytime when you will need to change 2 balloons in a range rover.And it is also the mechanics who see all issues as balloon fault because they are too lazy to check out the faults. I once heard from a Range Sport owner how expensive the maintenance was, that he changed the two rear balloons for 600k. His driver quickly moved away, then I knew that things are not what they seem to be.

1 Like

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 07, 2017
sooperrescue:
Balloon issues? How well do you know the car? How much is the balloon? And how often do you hear the balloon giving issues? I once heard of a mercedes Cls with balloon issues and the balloon costs 550k and the owner needed 2. It took the owner 6 months to raise the amount and sold off the car. With 380k, you will buy 4 balloons of the range rover sport but there has never been anytime when you will need to change 2 balloons in a range rover.And it is also the mechanics who see all issues as balloon fault because they are too lazy to check out the faults. I once heard from a Range Sport owner how expensive the maintenance was, that he changed the two rear balloons for 600k. His driver quickly moved away, then I knew that things are not what they seem to be.

If I do not have 1billion Naira in my GTBank account & 760Million Naira in my Zenith Bank account, walahi, my dream machine “2012 Range Rover Sport Autobiography” Yaci Kutumar Bura Ubansa grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by LeJeun3: 10:36pm On May 07, 2017

Bro I don't know you but I really laugh at this submission here...... Of all the problems you could highlight on a 2010-2013 Range Rover Sport you chose the "balloon issues" shocked shocked shocked

Plankton2017:
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by LeJeun3: 10:40pm On May 07, 2017
kingreign:

its not cheap to purchase, not cheap to run and maintain, [s]its got a big v8 motor and a supercharger blowing air into it for more power so you're getting a complicated engine[/s], complex electronics, and its more than 2ton of curb mass so do not expect cheap gas cos it requires premium gasoline which is unavailable in Nigeria, octane boosters can be used yet its expensive and most products available in market are snake oils. Parts are expensive, failures are abound but not as woeful as its immediate past model.

At bolded:
1. Not every range rover sport out there is supercharged
2. That the life of a machine

1 Like

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by LeJeun3: 10:41pm On May 07, 2017
Zoharariel:

If I do not have 1billion Naira in my GTBank account & 760Million Naira in my Zenith Bank account, walahi, my dream machine “2012 Range Rover Sport Autobiography” Yaci Kutumar Bura Ubansa grin cheesy grin

Ba ni da wanna kudin a account di na, ama na aje daya a gida.......... Ba dole sai da kudi fa!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by Starbeams: 2:47am On May 08, 2017
kennyzboy:

Thanks

A nice ride and very reliable, but keep a separate money for the (high) maintenance..The reliability depends on its maintenance.

2 Likes

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by kingreign(m): 3:26am On May 08, 2017
LeJeun3:

At bolded: 1. Not every range rover sport out there is supercharged 2. That the life of a machine
i know there is a v6, a tdi, a v8 and s/c v8 in their powertrain line up.
The range rover and land rover are not synonymous with reliability. Never!

2 Likes

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by sooperrescue(m): 4:49am On May 08, 2017
kingreign:

Haba, Kingreign, Please you are cordially invited to the Range Rover Off road competition and beach party on Democracy day in Lekki. Na there you go see reliability in off road mode.
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by kingreign(m): 4:56am On May 08, 2017
sooperrescue:

Haba, Kingreign, Please you are cordially invited to the Range Rover Off road competition and beach party on Democracy day in Lekki. Na there you go see reliability in off road mode.

Baba, thanks for inviting me. smiley but true The Rigs are of road beasts, but every day long term longevity with minimal cost of operation isn't in their nature.

1 Like

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by sooperrescue(m): 5:05am On May 08, 2017
kingreign:

Baba, thanks for inviting me. smiley but true The Rigs are of road beasts, but every day long term longevity with minimal cost of operation isn't in their nature.

The reliability issue comes from the use of the Engine oil. From my little experience, our fuel is also a factor but the Range Rover can survive the effect of a low octane fuel better than BMW, VW, Benz and even Acura hence you see them always cruising on the road. Since the engine oil that can hold down the temperature of the engine is not available in the open local market, then issues arises.
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by LeJeun3: 8:51am On May 08, 2017
kingreign:

I won't agree with you on that, Boss!! embarassed

re·li·a·bil·i·ty
rəˌlīəˈbilədē/
noun
noun: reliability

the quality of being trustworthy or of performing consistently well.

1 Like

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by Originalsly: 2:19pm On May 08, 2017
Bro... I'll say you need to have at least N100 k always available for emergencies. Reliability is not something RR is noted for.... repairs should be done by certified mechanics ...whose workmanship is not cheap.... and there is little tolerance for cutting corners. Maintaining that ride is never cheap.... you should know the depth of your pockets.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Low RPM At Normal Operating Temperature / Pls Help!!! My Husband Want To Buy Nigeria Use Muscle For Use Of Taxi / Nissan X Trail.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.