Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved (28179 Views)

Repentant’ Boko Haram Members Arrive Maiduguri From Niger With Military Aircraft / Ministerial Screening: Lawan Asks Amaechi To “Take A Bow” / Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Fogman(m): 3:37pm On May 06, 2017
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, on Thursday, finally humbled former President, Goodluck Jonathan’s ego, by accusing the former President of wasting N34 billion on the dredging of River Niger.

Amaechi said this at a Conference on Fast-Tracking Port Reforms, hosted by The Nation newspaper, in conjunction with the Federal Ministry of Transportation, in Lagos.

While speaking, Amaechi said: “When the River Niger was first approved for dredging by the previous administration, it was approved for N47 billion, and N34 billion was paid to the contractor. Dancers were called in and there was a party.

“We are not dredging the River Niger with billions of naira; we are dredging the River Niger with just N100 million. When we flagged it off recently, did you see us dancing? Was there a party? I just went to see the Governor, and told him that the project will start today, and will be finished in one month.

“The Governor said he will accompany me, and I said ‘ok’. So, I asked the Governor to flag it off, since it’s located in his State.”

Commenting on concerns raised in certain quarters on how the government plans to execute the dredging exercise with N100 million as against the N47 billion earmarked for same by Jonathan’s government, the former Rivers State governor said the government would not employ the services of private dredgers.

“People are wondering how on earth we are going to dredge the River Niger for N100m, when the previous government awarded same contract for N47 billion?”, he said.

“But we are going to dredge the River Niger, using dredgers owned by the National Inland Waterways Authority, NIWA. NIWA has dredgers, but the previous government preferred to give contractors money to dredge the river with private dredgers while NIWA’s dredgers were lying idle somewhere in Port Harcourt.

“The NIWA MD told me the agency has dredgers, but it’s been hired out to somebody in Port Harcourt. So, we had dredgers, but the previous administration hired them out to some persons in Port Harcourt while paying a contractor billions of naira to use privately owned dredgers at a very high cost.

“I told the NIWA MD that I will look for money to fuel their dredgers, and work has started. That is why we are dredging the River Niger with just N100 million,” Mr. Amaechi said

http://www.post-nigeria.com/unforgettable-massive-jubilation-aso-rock-amaechi-finally-humbles-jonathan-drags-gutters/

Cc: Lalasticlala

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by mr1759: 3:44pm On May 06, 2017
see mumu, if this news is true your claim cannot also be true go check your record it was our then sick President yaradua that was dredging not goodluck , good luck was only busy with realistic things like building railway etc

131 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by ekoonibaje4life: 3:47pm On May 06, 2017
Oga finish dredging first before talking. Government of "we will"

122 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Aonkuuse(m): 3:58pm On May 06, 2017
If This News Is True, Then This Is Serious

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Vision4God: 3:59pm On May 06, 2017
Na una sabi. God is on d throne

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by bkool7(m): 4:02pm On May 06, 2017
Gej , over to you forgot.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by bkool7(m): 4:05pm On May 06, 2017
Gej , over to you .

So when Gej started acting as president what stops hI'm from revoking the contract ?
Yar Adua flagged it off and paid N34b but up till now nothing was done . Gej spent 6 years and he didn't see anything wrong with that .

100 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by nNEOo(m): 4:16pm On May 06, 2017
Amaechi Amaechi how many times did I called you.

can any good thing come out from you?......

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by angeltolly(f): 4:16pm On May 06, 2017
We will..... We shall...., Soon....., By next year....., Before 2019...., Before Jesus come...... PROMISE, PROMISE..... YOU TALK TOO MUCH angry Why not carry out a project and present result.

Na wa, Na real wa

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 06, 2017
lies+propaganda+deceit = APC

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by psucc(m): 4:41pm On May 06, 2017
Dredging river Niger? What about the 2nd Niger bridge?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Fogman(m): 4:59pm On May 06, 2017
Fogman:
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, on Thursday, finally humbled former President, Goodluck Jonathan’s ego, by accusing the former President of wasting N34 billion on the dredging of River Niger.

Amaechi said this at a Conference on Fast-Tracking Port Reforms, hosted by The Nation newspaper, in conjunction with the Federal Ministry of Transportation, in Lagos.

While speaking, Amaechi said: “When the River Niger was first approved for dredging by the previous administration, it was approved for N47 billion, and N34 billion was paid to the contractor. Dancers were called in and there was a party.

“We are not dredging the River Niger with billions of naira; we are dredging the River Niger with just N100 million. When we flagged it off recently, did you see us dancing? Was there a party? I just went to see the Governor, and told him that the project will start today, and will be finished in one month.

“The Governor said he will accompany me, and I said ‘ok’. So, I asked the Governor to flag it off, since it’s located in his State.”

Commenting on concerns raised in certain quarters on how the government plans to execute the dredging exercise with N100 million as against the N47 billion earmarked for same by Jonathan’s government, the former Rivers State governor said the government would not employ the services of private dredgers.

“People are wondering how on earth we are going to dredge the River Niger for N100m, when the previous government awarded same contract for N47 billion?”, he said.

“But we are going to dredge the River Niger, using dredgers owned by the National Inland Waterways Authority, NIWA. NIWA has dredgers, but the previous government preferred to give contractors money to dredge the river with private dredgers while NIWA’s dredgers were lying idle somewhere in Port Harcourt.

“The NIWA MD told me the agency has dredgers, but it’s been hired out to somebody in Port Harcourt. So, we had dredgers, but the previous administration hired them out to some persons in Port Harcourt while paying a contractor billions of naira to use privately owned dredgers at a very high cost.

“I told the NIWA MD that I will look for money to fuel their dredgers, and work has started. That is why we are dredging the River Niger with just N100 million,” Mr. Amaechi said

http://www.post-nigeria.com/unforgettable-massive-jubilation-aso-rock-amaechi-finally-humbles-jonathan-drags-gutters/

All this are white Elephant project. An avenue to syphon public fund.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Fogman(m): 4:59pm On May 06, 2017
Fogman:

All this are white Elephant project. An avenue to syphon public fund..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by sorry1(m): 5:00pm On May 06, 2017
government of hate and propaganda.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Amberon: 5:04pm On May 06, 2017
Ok
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by 989900: 5:06pm On May 06, 2017
100m vs 34b! shocked

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Elkay3: 5:08pm On May 06, 2017
It's impossible until it's done.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by leofab(f): 5:50pm On May 06, 2017
Ordinary keke dredger that I installed in river Ethiope to make money even cost me almost 50M and this idiot want to dredge a river that cut across many states for 100M..madness at its peak..

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by ephi123(f): 6:28pm On May 06, 2017
ekoonibaje4life:

He hasn't even done it yet is making all this noise. When exactly will these guys start to work? Smh

It was Fashola a few days ago saying government to employ 47,000. Now this is Amaechi to dredge River Niger.

Are these guys allergic to words like "have done" "completed" etc?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Edu3Again: 6:28pm On May 06, 2017
Wonders no go end.
Dem use N500 million cut grass.
To dredge river na only N100 million.

Abi na gutter dem wan dredge angry

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by castrokins(m): 6:29pm On May 06, 2017
Oh Saint Amaechi, Where Have You Been Since 1960?

13 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 06, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Please who was Minister of Transport during Jonathan's adminstration?
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 06, 2017
Let's wait and see
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by kropotokin33: 6:29pm On May 06, 2017
dredge river Niger with 100 million grin

Why not reduce it to 20 million

useless propaganda to discredit a just man

Amaechi is a thief

lol he go use 100 million drain nkisi river not river Niger

why not 100 thousands

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Goddex: 6:30pm On May 06, 2017
I agree with this comment:

Technocrats are way much better than career politicians when it comes to govt appointments.

Buhari flooding his cabinet with 98% career politicians was the first major sign his govt would be a woefully failure

All that most Nigerian career politicians appointees do in office is play politics with everything, tell Lies, lies and more lies, sponsor propaganda and blackmail opposition. WHY WOULD THE COUNTRY NOT BE IN RECESSION?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Goddex: 6:30pm On May 06, 2017
We
Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by fantastique4: 6:30pm On May 06, 2017
ekoonibaje4life:
grin nairalanders no go kill me. Govt of "we will" not "we have"

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by bigerboy200: 6:30pm On May 06, 2017
Some people will support the thieving hero...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by kropotokin33: 6:30pm On May 06, 2017
useless government 100 million indeed grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 06, 2017
kropotokin33:
dredge river Niger with 100 million grin

Why not reduce it to 20 million

useless propaganda to discredit a just man

Amaechi is a thief

He is just lying.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved by oubi: 6:31pm On May 06, 2017
Big lie..

EVEN you and I know that 100m will not even start the work

Except if he just want to dredge a point not more than 1² metre

Some one should remind me.. How much do our politicians use in sinking borehole again?? undecided undecided undecided undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Criticizes Presidency Over Rejecting US Recognition Of Jerusalem / 2023: Nnamani, Chime To Lead Campaign For Tinubu In Enugu / Fela Durotoye Begs Nigerians To Donate Money For Presidential Nomination Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.