Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know (46483 Views)

Christian Faith - What I Believe Now - What I Do Not Believe Any More / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 3:03pm On May 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
your request for more scripture after you have failed to address the ones presented to you simply show y aren't ready to engage in a serious discussion.

You don't expect me to swallow such brutal twisting of the truths, do you? Your fellow traveler claims that Abraham and Jesus made intercessions for the people, and I asked: Which of the saints did they asked for this intercessions?

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 3:09pm On May 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
I have never seen a Catholic with an idol. When you are ready to discuss without these insulting insinuations let me know.

Sorry bro if you feel insulted. I wish I could somehow sugar-coat this truth, but no. Kneeling/bowing before a statue of a so-called Mary or Jesus in an act of prayer is not different from what traditionalists do. Can you tell the difference between yours and theirs?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 3:11pm On May 07, 2017
Splinz:

And where is it written that the dead can intercede for the living?
the heresy number 2 sola scriptura. What next?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 3:13pm On May 07, 2017
Oya all clap for the discerning mind who thinks he knows biblical practices better than both the Jews and the early Christians
Splinz:

I don't need to refute anything. His butchering of the truths is conspicuous to discerning minds except maybe you.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 3:16pm On May 07, 2017
Splinz:

Which of the departed faithfuls did Mary pray for their intercession while she was alive?

did you recently come into possession of a book containing all Mary did or is you sole aim simply to make an argument from silence which by the way is fallacious?

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 3:17pm On May 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
the heresy number 2 solar scriptura. What next?

Your traditions is inconsequential. While you uphold traditions, I uphold the scriptures alone.

4 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 3:20pm On May 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Oya all clap for the discerning mind who thinks he knows biblical practices better than both the Jews and the early Christians

I do not know of a true Jew nor the early disciples that prayed to a saint in heaven for their intercessions. Not that there's any; but none.

4 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 3:26pm On May 07, 2017
Splinz:

Sorry bro if you feel insulted. I wish I could somehow sugar-coat this truth, but no. Kneeling/bowing before a statue of a so-called Mary or Jesus in an act of prayer is not different from what traditionalists do. Can you tell the difference between yours and theirs?
Joshua and all the old testament believers must all be idolaters since Splinz has decided that idolatry consists in kneeling or bowing before an image while saying a prayer before same.

Welldone you just made many rightous men candidate of hell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 3:28pm On May 07, 2017
Splinz:

You don't expect me to swallow such brutal twisting of the truths, do you? Your fellow traveler claims that Abraham and Jesus made intercessions for the people, and I asked: Which of the saints did they asked for this intercessions?
does that question even make sense to you?

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 3:29pm On May 07, 2017
Splinz:

I do not know of a true Jew nor the early disciples that prayed to a saint in heaven for their intercessions. Not that there's any; but none.
And you are the decider of who and who are authentic Jews right?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 3:30pm On May 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Joshua and all the old testament believers must all be idolaters since Splinz has decided that idolatry consists in kneeling or bowing before an image while saying a prayer before same.

Welldone you just made many rightous men candidate of hell.

Is this the best you can come up with in differentiating between you and a traditional worshiper? Okay well done, but that was a very lame attempt.

4 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 3:30pm On May 07, 2017
Splinz:

Your traditions is inconsequential. While you uphold traditions, I uphold the scriptures alone.
anyone who hold scriptures alone abuses the scriptures which teach no such thing and reject such silly belief. cool
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 3:31pm On May 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
does that question even make sense to you?

Of course it does to all discerning minds except you. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 3:32pm On May 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
And you ar ar decider if who and who are authentic Jews right?

I know who they are, it's a pity you don't know.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 3:32pm On May 07, 2017
Splinz:

Is this the best you can come up with in differentiating between you and a traditional worshiper? Okay well done, but that was a very lame attempt.
It must make you feel proud to call the old testament saints idol worshippers, Oya add Paul to that list.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 3:35pm On May 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
anyone who hold scriptures alone abuses the scriptures which teach no such thing and reject such silly belief. cool

You mean the corrupt one that has on its pages the apocrypha? Yours is inconsequential and therefore damned.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 3:36pm On May 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
It must make you feel proud to call the old testament saints idol worshippers, Oya add Paul to that list.

This has zero sense. Come up with something better. Diverting wouldn't change the fact that you're an idol worshiper just like the traditionalists do.

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by LogicStatement: 3:51pm On May 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
you have come to criticise and yet to didn't bother to understand before criticising.

Intercessions aren't made to saints, even a j.j.c should know that. Intercession is a prayer made to God on another's behalf. Members of christ body make intercession for one another just as Abraham made Intercession for sodom, and moses made for the isrealites even the apostle Paul asks for Intercession. These are rudiments of prayer and I an surprised that I am repeating them to someone who claims to be Christian.

Every member of christ body is a priest and so capable of interceeding for others. We are each capable of bee intercessors and this ability does not disappear when we die. In fact a Christian never dies according to christ. These are also rudimentary teachings you should know already.

All the op does and has been done both in judaism and in the church for over 2000yrs is he asks his fellow Christians to make intercession for him.
With this your explanation, you've done great justice to the topic. Anyone that doesn't understand it now the way you've put it should reexamine his comprehensive skill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by LogicStatement: 4:10pm On May 07, 2017
Splinz:

I have written that article with scriptural quotations to back the facts up but since you have been posting, you have not debunked any of the facts. All you've been doing is make noise here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 4:13pm On May 07, 2017
LogicStatement:

I have written that article with scriptural quotations to back the facts up but since you have been posting, you have not debunked any of the facts. All you've been doing is make noise here.

Sorry dear, you haven't back your idolatry with any scripture because non supports it. You're only good at butchering the truths. Don't forget you still haven't answer the one simple question I've been asking: Which of the saints did Abraham & Jesus asked for intercession, as given in your examples of those who made intercessions for the people?

And yes... the only support and facts you can rightfully claim here, is from paganism.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by LogicStatement: 4:23pm On May 07, 2017
Splinz:

Sorry dear, you haven't back your idolatry with any scripture because non supports it. You're only good at butchering the truths. Don't forget you still haven't answer the one simple question I've been asking: Which of the saints did Abraham & Jesus asked for intercession, as given in your examples of those who made intercessions for the people?

And yes... the only support and facts you can rightfully claim here, is from paganism.
I decided not to answer that question because simple comprehension is what is affecting you, you need to be told at this point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 4:27pm On May 07, 2017
LogicStatement:

I decided not to answer that question because simple comprehension is what is affecting you, you need to be told at this point

Now that's funny... cheesy. I can understand your frustrations and pains here. But hey! Try this stunt with those in your league. I'm above such gimmicks. smiley

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 9:33pm On May 07, 2017
Splinz:

This has zero sense. Come up with something better. Diverting wouldn't change the fact that you're an idol worshiper just like the traditionalists do.
oh it seems you are among those ignorant of the fact that most biblical characters prayed before statues and yet you are here condemning it?

Why not? You are a follower of the last days heresy propagated by Luther and co.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 9:35pm On May 07, 2017
Splinz:

oh it seems you are among those ignorant of the fact that most biblical characters prayed before statues and yet you are here condemning it?

Why not? You are a follower of the last days heresy propagated by Luther and co.

Oya clap for yourself, if I am an idol worshippers like the biblical characters like Joshua and co...I am happy. Enjoy your new age heresy.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 9:37pm On May 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Oya clap for yourself, if I am an idol worshippers like the biblical characters like Joshua and co...I am happy. Enjoy your new age heresy.

Enjoy your idolatry, and count Joshua out of it.

4 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 9:42pm On May 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Silly assumptions. Talking of heresies, where is the center if not your church?

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 10:06pm On May 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
where it is written that one loses his intercessory ability At death? Even the Jews ask their rightous dead for Intercession so where did the new Age protestant churches get the heresy that the biblical God prohibits asking for intercessions? Where did you guys get this from?

A saint is simply one set apart. In the Christian sense, he is one redeemed by the bloo

Go and read your Bible, the Bible says it categorically that we have one intercessor and Mediator.. Jesus Christ.. Same Bible also says I am the way, the truth and the life, no one, I mean no one comes to the Father except by me, Jesus, not through the Saints or through Mary.. Bible is very clear on that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 10:09pm On May 07, 2017
Bible says that Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father, and from there makes intercessions for us.. Even the Bible says the Holy Spirit helps us in our prayers, even as we don't know how to Pray..

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 10:12pm On May 07, 2017
kabasa77:

Go and read your Bible, the Bible says it categorically that we have one intercessor and Mediator.. Jesus Christ.. Same Bible also says I am the way, the truth and the life, no one, I mean no one comes to the Father except by me, Jesus, not through the Saints or through Mary.. Bible is very clear on that
you didn't answer my question

Oya try again read the question and try to answer.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 10:17pm On May 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
you didn't answer my question

Oya try again read the question and try to answer.

And where is it written that the dead should interceded for the living. I guess you don't read the Bible, read it and gain knowledge, I answered u by giving you Bible verses that point to Jesus and only Jesus as the mediator and intercessor for Christian having made a public show of principalities and powers and is seated at the right hand of the Father making intercessions for us..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 10:21pm On May 07, 2017
Splinz:

Silly assumptions. Talking of heresies, where is the center if not your church?
the center is called protestantism you guys now have arians,gnostics,...plus your heresy of solar scriptura etc. Oya ask yourself why the writing of the early Christians and Jews till date ask the intercession of their rightous ones. You guys have departed from right practice, that is hey orthodoxy seem strange to you.

Come out of your heresy.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 10:25pm On May 07, 2017
kabasa77:

And where is it written that the dead should interceded for the living. I guess you don't read the Bible, read it and gain knowledge, I answered u by giving you Bible verses that point to Jesus and only Jesus as the mediator and intercessor for Christian having made a public show of principalities and powers and is seated at the right hand of the Father making intercessions for us..
And you think it makes sense to respond me with a question where you have failed to respond to mine abi?

When you have an answer to my question let me know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Celestial Church Sings & Dances To Olamide's "WO" During Service (Video) / 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World / Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.