Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,358 members, 7,808,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor (7150 Views)

Pastor Ajanaku Is Dead (Christ-Revival Church Pastor) / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy / Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by Revealer: 8:53pm On Jan 08, 2010
Many people don’t know that the managing director of wave-making Intercontinental Bank, Mr. Erastus Akingbola is a born again Christian and Redeemed Church Pastor. We heard that the top banker come man of God runs the strong financial institution with all sense of sincerity and fairness to all, no matter your status.
For instance, if a security guard or driver is seriously ill and needs to seek medical attention abroad, Intercontinental Bank under his leadership will fly the staff overseas for the treatment and foot the bills. This explains why the bank staffs are so committed and passionate about their job. We were told that the boss adheres strictly to the basic principle of ‘Do unto your neighbour as you want them to do unto you’. He is very careful about the way he treats both customers and workers of the bank. Also, he takes the statement made by Jesus Christ that we should not be sinful in our business very serious. He also observes the parables of returns and rewards as stated by Jesus Christ in the Bible.

We gathered that the top banker confessed recently that most of the things he reads in the bible help him to run the bank. Also, we gathered that he doesn’t joke with the Redeemed Church activities. For instance, he goes to church on Saturdays for Sunday school review and ministers meeting. On Sundays, he leaves his home for church by 6:30am to start workers meeting. Thereafter, he attends kiddies Sunday school. After that, he goes back to school till 1pm. Then he comes back for evening service. He also travels across the world preaching and winning souls for Christ.

Now for those who do not know, brilliant Erastus Akingbola and others started Intercontinental Bank in 1989 at Berkley Street, Lagos. He was 38 years old then as the CEO. Today, the bank has 12 subsidiaries, 370 branches and 12, 000 members of staff.

Source: TOP CELEBRITIES.

Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by PastorAIO: 8:58pm On Jan 08, 2010
Muu hahahahahahhHAHAHA eeeee, tee hee teehee aaaaaah! (sighs)
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by afiq(m): 2:22am On Jan 09, 2010
Oh boy!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy the next thing you know he'll INTER-RCCG the air wave of your soul!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by bawomolo(m): 5:19am On Jan 09, 2010
Also, he takes the statement made by Jesus Christ that we should not be sinful in our business very serious.

comedy grin grin
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 09, 2010
Erastus Akingbola and others started Intercontinental Bank in 1989 at Berkley Street, Lagos

hmmm- well, I guess he should have sold it off while the going was good.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by PastorAIO: 3:38pm On Jan 09, 2010
Religion must stop being for show. These newspaper articles and whatnot praising individual christians as paragons of the faith must stop. The churches much stop encouraging this.

All ostentation in religion is from the Evil.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by Krayola(m): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2010
Omo When i start my own church all these guys will look like small fries. . . I go dey fly space craft by my second year. I'm milkin it for all it's worth  cool
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by huxley(m): 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5505590-146/story.csp

A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos, on Thursday, December 31, granted a Mareva injunction, freezing local and international assets of Erastus Akingbola, the former Managing Director of Intercontinental Bank PLC, for total offences amounting to the tune of N346,185,841,243.75 and £1,085,515.00.

The information was contained in a communiqué from the Central Bank of Nigeria, made available to NEXT, yesterday.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had filed an application, under sections 6 (D), 7(2), 24(11), 26(1), 28 and 34(1) of the EFCC Act 2004, seeking, among others, the hearing of the Originating Motion within the shortest possible time to prevent Mr. Akingbola from dissipating the assets.

The U.S. legal definitions website, explains that a Mareva injunction is a type of court order “of interlocutory relief designed to freeze the assets of a defendant, in appropriate circumstances, pending determination of a plaintiff’s claim. Mareva injunctions are often used to prevent a defendant from transferring assets out of the Court’s jurisdiction as soon as a claim is served, in order to frustrate enforcement of any ensuing judgment”.

Intercontinental Bank PLC had obtained similar injunction from the High Court of Justice, Queen’s Bench Division, Commercial Court, London, dated December 24, 2009, to freeze Mr. Akingbola’s assets up to the tune of £10,500,00.00.

London prohibition

That prohibition included the following assets, in particular: the £8,540,134.58 and £1,300,000.00 which were transferred to Fuglers Solicitors; any money held in an account of Fuglers Solicitors; the property on 26, Chester Terrace, London, NW1 4NB; the property on 65, Grove End Road, London, NW8 9NH; the property on 8, Connaught Street, London, W2 2AH.

Mr. Akingbola’s travails started on August 14 when the Central Bank of Nigeria sacked him, along with four other bank chiefs, on accounts of what the CBN calls excessively high level of non-performing loans in the five banks.

This was attributed to poor corporate governance practices, lax credit administration processes and the absence or non-adherence to the bank’s credit risk management practices and having acted in a manner detrimental to the interest of their depositors and creditors. Ever since the sack, Mr. Akingbola is alleged to be taking solace in London.

On December 17, 2009, a Lagos High Court dismissed a N200 billion suit instituted against the EFCC by four companies, allegedly owned by Mr. Akingbola. The companies – Tropics Finance and Investment Company Limited; Tropics Properties Limited; Tropics Securities Limited and Tropics Holding Limited – had filed the suit before Morenike Obadina of the high court, alleging a violation of their fundamental rights during an investigation conducted by the commission into the company’s operations. They consequently asked for N50 billion each in damages.

Mr. Akingbola is also facing charges that include conspiracy to grant unsecured credit facilities, conspiracy to manipulate share prices, reckless consideration of credit facilities without adequate security and failure to present monthly statement of account to the Central Bank, among other charges.

The assets on which the order was granted include, but are not limited to: shares held in listed companies in Nigeria, including, but not limited to, Intercontinental Bank Plc and Access Bank Plc, among others; shares held in other companies in Nigeria including, but not limited to, Tropics Securities Limited; Tropics Property Limited; Tropics Holdings Limited; Summit Finance Company Limited; Tropics Finance & Investments Company Limited; Yankuri Nigeria Limited; Regal Investment Nigeria Limited and Bankinson Nigeria Limited.

Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by PastorAIO: 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2010
@Huxley

Hey Huxley, what happened here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-376138.0.html

I thought you were going to give some feed back.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by Mufuadamu: 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2010
It is not a happy day for the Redeemed Church Of God as news about their pastor's warrant for arrest hits the papers. It certainly makes one wonder - can we trust anyone? The responsibility of being a pastor is heavy and qualities much more than just speakling well and a sound education - the hand of God needs to be with you. I mean a Christian in heart not just in profession just as TB Joshua would say - talking of TB Joshua - where are his accusers today, ?
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by bawomolo(m): 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2010
Krayola:

Omo When i start my own church all these guys will look like small fries. . . I go dey fly space craft by my second year. I'm milkin it for all it's worth  cool

forgot your space craft, i'm getting a teleportation machine,
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by PastorAIO: 12:35am On Jan 10, 2010
Beam me up Scotty!
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:36am On Jan 11, 2010
leave this man alone, aftewr all he is human and has all the default failings in man
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by lawrence83: 12:44pm On Jan 11, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

leave this man alone, aftewr all he is human and has all the default failings in man
he must drag the name of the Lord into the Mud, all because he is Human. . . . .right?

Yes, there should be short comings but not to the tune of the atrocity he has commited

@poster

if he was that clean, Why did he run away?. . . , . . Nonsense.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by Krayola(m): 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2010
bawomolo:

forgot your space craft, i'm getting a teleportation machine,

haha. Looks like we have to go into business together
Pastor AIO:

Beam me up Scotty!

grin No wahala. . . . Looks like we have completed the trinity. Now let's form Voltron
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by bawomolo(m): 2:33pm On Jan 11, 2010
[img]http://lgo.mit.edu/blog/drewhill/files/voltron.jpg[/img]

classic, voltron >>> transformers.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by PastorAIO: 2:37pm On Jan 11, 2010
lawrence83:

he must drag the name of the Lord into the Mud, all because he is Human. . . . .right?

Yes, there should be short comings but not to the tune of the atrocity he has commited

@poster

if he was that clean, Why did he run away?. . . , . . Nonsense.

That is not a short coming, it is a long coming.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 11, 2010
bawomolo:

transformers - more than meets the eye - embezzlers in disguise
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2010
Many people don’t know that the managing director of wave-making Intercontinental Bank, Mr. Erastus Akingbola is a born again Christian and Redeemed Church Pastor. We heard that the top banker come man of God runs the strong financial institution with all sense of sincerity and fairness to all, no matter your status.
For instance, if a security guard or driver is seriously ill and needs to seek medical attention abroad, I[b]ntercontinental Bank under his leadership will fly the staff overseas for the treatment and foot the bills[/b]. This explains why the bank staffs are so committed and passionate about their job. We were told that the boss adheres strictly to the basic principle of ‘Do unto your neighbour as you want them to do unto you’. He is very careful about the way he treats both customers and workers of the bank. Also, he takes the statement made by Jesus Christ that we should not be sinful in our business very serious. He also observes the parables of returns and rewards as stated by Jesus Christ in the Bible.

We gathered that the top banker confessed recently that most of the things he reads in the bible help him to run the bank. Also, we gathered that he doesn’t joke with the Redeemed Church activities. For instance, he goes to church on Saturdays for Sunday school review and ministers meeting. On Sundays, he leaves his home for church by 6:30am to start workers meeting. Thereafter, he attends kiddies Sunday school. After that, he goes back to school till 1pm. Then he comes back for evening service. He also travels across the world preaching and winning souls for Christ.

Now for those who do not know, brilliant Erastus Akingbola and others started Intercontinental Bank in 1989 at Berkley Street, Lagos. He was 38 years old then as the CEO. Today, the bank has 12 subsidiaries, 370 branches and 12, 000 members of staff.

Source: TOP CELEBRITIES.

i'm not sure if the op is being mischievous or if he believes tis stuff cheesy cheesy

anyway there you have it - erastus is not in hiding in london - he is ministering
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by VALIDATOR: 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2010
300+ billion naira embezzlement is not a mistake in my own dictionary.
we can say he was just putting up a front to lure christians to love his bank.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by VALIDATOR: 3:06pm On Jan 11, 2010
@krayola,
i don't really think u will find the church business easy.You need to be able to lie with a straight face to run the biz.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by lawrence83: 5:17pm On Jan 11, 2010
Pastor AIO:

That is not a short coming, it is a long coming.
BWahahahahahhaha

As humans though, we should have short comings, but this him own pass short comings oh.

I concur perfectly with you cool cool cool
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by bawomolo(m): 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2010
He also observes the parables of returns and rewards as stated by Jesus Christ in the Bible.

i bet he took the returns and rewards part to heart cheesy
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 12, 2010
cheap publicity for a man gawing down. . . .
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by Zodiac61(m): 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2010
Prosperity ministry. I could become a theist for this.
Question for the business-minded - Which one should come first, the church or the bank?
Question two - what percentage of the bank's turnover should I give the church in order to go to heaven?
Question three - if I was wanted by EFCC, what would be a good country to run to minister in, and would I say to the congregation?
Question Four - would I have share my loot heavenly rewards with the GO, head elder, bishop or the like?

cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by mamagee3(f): 1:18am On Jan 14, 2010
As if stealing from a bank isn't enough, the thief went into church
to milk the congregation dry
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by REALTRUTH1: 6:21am On Jan 14, 2010
mama-gee:

As if stealing from a bank isn't enough, the thief went into church
to milk the congregation dry
FYI: Many of the congregations are thieves as well,,,,or they are would be thieves,,,,
Re: Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor by No2Atheism(m): 6:45am On Jan 14, 2010
bawomolo:

I agree . . .

Voltron force defender of the Universe . . .

(1) (Reply)

Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? / Christ Embassy’s Top Female Pastor, Dolapo Oni In Debt Scandal.... / God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.