Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 (15640 Views)

US: Why We Rejected 44.9% Of Nigerian Nonimmigrant B Visa Applications In 2017 / Kaduna Curfew: Driver Attacked For Trying To Save 6 Christian Passengers / Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by deturla: 8:16am On May 07, 2017
Ever nursed the dream of traveling the world but have no funds to bring it to a reality? You are not alone. A good number of travelers confessed to not having sufficient funds for travel at the beginning of their “travel career”. However, after learning some tricks on how to cut down expenses while traveling, getting funds for traveling became a walk in the park. Below are a few tips to help you save up for wandering the world if you are just a regular, hardworking individual that does not have so much money to splurge on traveling:

Search the Web for Cheap Hotel Accommodation:

One of the best ways to cut down expenses while traveling is to search the web for cheap and affordable hotel accommodation prior to your travel date. This will help you reduce the amount you spend on hotel accommodation to a great deal, thereby making more money available for other things you might need during your trip.

Ask for Cash Instead of Gifts When Celebrating Special Occasions:

It is commonplace for friends and family members to present one with gift items during special occasions such as birthdays, weddings, graduation as well as engagements. Next time, you have any of such celebrations, tell anyone that wants to give you a present to monetize it instead; by this I mean they should give you the money they would have spent buying the presents. This will enable you get extra funds to stow away against your next trip.

Open a Dedicated Savings Account:

It is important to open a dedicated savings account for your travel. While saving, you can get interests on your funds by putting it in a high-yield online savings account. Although interest rates are pretty low, you are sure to get 1 – 2% interest on your initial capital. This money can go a long way during your next trip.

Learn to Cook your Own Meals:

Is eating out affecting your purse negatively? Then that is a sign that you need to start cooking your meals. To keep your food bill low, you have to cook more often. Food is a necessity and restaurants are becoming quite expensive these days. You don’t necessarily have to be a whiz in the kitchen, knowing how to prepare basic meals to keep body and soul going will suffice. More so, there are several cooking websites where you can learn how to cook fast and healthy meals. In the end, you will find out that you have saved a great amount of the money you used to spend on eating in restaurants. This savings can be diverted to your travel funds in the future.

Find a Side Hustle:

The importance of having a side hustle cannot be overemphasized. Apart from the fact that you will have more disposable income, it also gives you the opportunity to save more. As such, enabling you to have extra funds to save towards your next trip. Having a side hustle is also your ticket to financial freedom, as Arese Ugwu, one of the money experts of our time rightly said in her book “Smart Money Woman”. So, what are you waiting for? Find a side hustle today. And remember to keep the income from your side hustle for travel purposes.

http://deedeesblog.com/5-easy-ways-to-save-money-for-travel/

Mynd44
lalasticlala

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by brunofarad(m): 9:27am On May 07, 2017
For most of us guys

Desist from women and drinks grin

SIMPLE ,NO TOO MUCH GRAMMAR THERE grin

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by Flexherbal(m): 9:28am On May 07, 2017
Nice one
Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by Nobody: 9:28am On May 07, 2017
So if you do all these you will travel around the world?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by Agbafs2005(m): 9:29am On May 07, 2017
Abeg sir, find another better talk talk. I neva see small world of naija finish, na odas I go dey plan to c undecided
Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by Rhrose: 9:29am On May 07, 2017
The only place I can travel to with my current account balance is my backyard

11 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by charlydamianpat(m): 9:29am On May 07, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by mouaue: 9:31am On May 07, 2017
Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by kristian98(m): 9:32am On May 07, 2017
pls show some love today is my birthday

28 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by SEYILIGHT(m): 9:36am On May 07, 2017
Ope o!

Now I can save for my trip to Ode-Òmu from Ilé-Ifè, how much is it going to cost me?
Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by caniva(m): 9:36am On May 07, 2017
Do good more and shun evils.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by Nobody: 9:36am On May 07, 2017
Agbafs2005:
Abeg sir, find another better talk talk. I neva see small world of naija finish, na odas I go dey plan to c undecided

kikikiki grin grin grin grin grin

buh you kind of right sha
Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by Ezebinaugwu(m): 9:38am On May 07, 2017
kristian98:

Wish you the very best. Happy birthday
Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by olumaxi(m): 9:41am On May 07, 2017
brunofarad:
For most of us guys

women YES.....drinks NEVER
Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by inyang007(m): 9:43am On May 07, 2017
kristian98:

Happy birthday

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by DBlackCeazer(m): 9:46am On May 07, 2017
brunofarad:
For most of us guys

women and drinks are a huge problem.
Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by DBlackCeazer(m): 9:47am On May 07, 2017
kristian98:
money or gift?
Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by sakalisis(m): 9:47am On May 07, 2017
cool
Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by magabounce(m): 9:52am On May 07, 2017
#word!!!
Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by duduade: 9:58am On May 07, 2017
Desist from women, drinks and betting....!! I know someone who personally is married with three kids and does the whole three!!!!

He is as dry as a chewing stick!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by MVLOX(m): 10:07am On May 07, 2017
True try to do small osusu.... Very helpful... I on traveling out the country dis year more reason I spread my small salary on two osusu.... Dat way am. Covered.....
Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by kristian98(m): 10:49am On May 07, 2017
DBlackCeazer:
money or gift?
Lol. You can just like my post in instead
Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by Houseofglam7(f): 11:27am On May 07, 2017
undecided

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by kaymart: 12:58pm On May 07, 2017
this tips r just important steps to save and not necessarily bracing for trips. my opinion though
Re: 5 Ways To Save For Money For Travel In 2017 by wasuka14(m): 1:37pm On May 07, 2017
The number five is the answer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA / Profiling The Beauty Of Lagos: The Sights And The Sounds / Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.