Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA (34785 Views)

Factional ‘fresh PDP’ Collapses, Fuse Into PDP / Femi Fani-kayode's Reacts To Supreme Court Ruling Upholding Makarfi-Led PDP / Stolen Logo: “APC Is Frustrated” - APDA Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:58am On May 07, 2017
•Incorporates principle of first refusal for first term president, governors

•Governors on edge as new party limits influence on election

The mainstream of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP aligned to the Senator Ahmed Makarfi led National Caretaker Committee, NCC is set to trigger the alternative option for political survival by fusing into the Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance, APDA. 

The APDA according to news reports on Friday was one of five political associations that got the nod of the Election and Party Monitoring Department of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC to formalise its registration with the Commission.

Sunday Vanguard sources disclosed that the move to proceed with the new option follows continuing damage the lingering leadership dispute with the Senator Ali Modu Sheriff led leadership of the PDP was causing those of them attached to the Makarfi faction. Last Thursday’s decision of the Supreme Court to defer hearing on the case to May 25, Sunday Vanguard learnt may have been the final trigger to unveil the APDA as the alternative for the mainstream of the party inclined to the Makarfi group.

Sources close to those behind the move told Sunday Vanguard that all the major organs of the party are in league with the plan. To strengthen the base of the party, some smaller parties who have recently had interactions with the Prof. Jerry Gana-Strategy Review and Inter Party led committee are also to fuse into the APDA.

It was gathered that those behind it want the party to be fully involved in the forthcoming governorship election in Anambra State coming up later in the year.

The interim national chairman of the association as it is technically defined is Mallam Kabir Shittu, a member of the PDP Rescue Group and former chairman of the Inter-Party Advisory Council, IPAC. The interim national secretary is Dr. Emeka Okengwu.

APDA, Sunday Vanguard learnt, was one of three political associations promoted by some PDP chieftains who refused to align with Sheriff and it is said to have received the backing of some of the governors.

Party officials and candidates according to provisions of the constitution are to be elected at ward levels through electronic voting and results collated at the national level.

Section 126 of the Constitution as submitted to INEC regulating primary elections of the party states thus:

Conduct of Primaries for Elections for all elective positions in the Party shall be by Direct Primaries through elections where all registered members of the party who are in good financial standing with regards to the payment of their dues and levies shall be eligible to vote and may freely vote for any aspirant of their choice at the ward level using the Electronic Open Secret Balloting System.

The party is also set to introduce an innovation in the country’s political system as it would be the first to incorporate the doctrine of first refusal for a second term for an elected president or governor on the platform of the party serving in the first term. However, such a president or governor according to the provision of the constitution would, however, still be ratified by party members voting across the country at the ward levels through electronic means. Justifying the decision to break out of the PDP as led by Sheriff, the source said:

Justifying the decision to break out of the PDP as led by Sheriff, the source said:

“Sheriff’s PDP is not interested in being opposition to the APC, they have never uttered a word in opposition; that is not how to run a democracy.

“Once the idea of Option B was mooted at all levels of the organs of the Makarfi faction of the party, a few people began to run around to register parties, but the heartbeat of it is APDA,” the source said.

Sunday Vanguard gathered that some party elders including Prof. Gana were originally inclined to the PDP fusing with the PRP or the SDP, but many others thought otherwise and that APDA should be formed to become an amalgamation of many existing political parties.

The party which spells out zoning between the south and north in the production of president and national chairman also stipulates that the office of governor as produced by the party shall rotate among the three senatorial zones.

The party which has as its slogan “APDA – Stronger Together” according to the manifesto shall promote as its ideology a social democracy philosophy.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/makarfi-led-pdp-triggers-option-b-set-fuse-apda/

5 Likes

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:59am On May 07, 2017
APC and Buhari should ensure that their handover note is ready by December 2017, because a strong coalition, inspired by sound ideology and principles, made up of patriots and driven by patriots across the length and breath of Nigeria and beyond is on its way to chase out those fraudsters that deceived our people in 2015 at all level. Nobody will be spared.

God Bless this country

MODIFIED
contrary to the vanguard report, APDA is not an alternative for Markafi led PDP but instead it is a platform that seeks to install better leaders at all levels in Nigeria with the drivers cutting across various party after seeing that their present party is fraudulent and hopeless.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by mrvitalis(m): 9:02am On May 07, 2017
Hmm bad move

This shows PDP lacks internal democracy

If u feel majority of the party are against sheriff why not meet him at the convention and vote him or his candidate out ...but we know PDP better

PDP sucked as a ruling party now is doing a worst job as opposition

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by kokoA(m): 9:07am On May 07, 2017
I knew it! I saw their advert on AIT some days ago.

4 Likes

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by mrvitalis(m): 9:08am On May 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
APC and Buhari should ensure that their handover note is ready by December 2017, because a strong coalition, inspired by sound ideology and principles, made up of patriots and driven by patriots across the length and breath of Nigeria and beyond is on its way to chase out those fraudsters that deceived our people in 2015 at all level. Nobody will be spared.

God Bless this country
I wonder what will be ur campaign theme

PDP is a failure and u know it

I tot u were different ..and the new breed of Nigerian politicians ..some of us even though we disagreed had hope u will be different ..

But trust me ur no better than them ..ur even worst

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by layzie: 9:10am On May 07, 2017
mrvitalis:
Hmm bad move

If u feel majority of the party are against sheriff why not meet him at the convention and vote him or his candidate out ...but we know PDP better

And when will this convention be held? Methinks they would have done this 6months ago, by now the new party would have been ready for the Anambra Guber polls

5 Likes

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:11am On May 07, 2017
mrvitalis:
Hmm bad move

PDP as a party has a lot of foundational flaw. In fact, I and other patriots within always maintain that the party must be restructured to capture the mind and yearnings of Nigerians. Alas, Professor Gana Committee was setup and came with brilliant recommendations. But such has to pass through all organs of the party including NEC and Convention for ratification.

Sadly, the crises has put a pause to everything. Nigerians need an alternative platform to the dirt called APC and they can't keep waiting till infinity for the PDP.

APDA, is still under INEC consideration but once the needful is done and PDP fortune remain unchanged, we shall join other patriots within APDA and give Nigerians what they seek...

BTW why are you so concerned? Scared already?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:12am On May 07, 2017
mrvitalis:

I wonder what will be ur campaign theme

PDP is a failure and u know it

I tot u were different ..and the new breed of Nigerian politicians ..some of us even though we disagreed had hope u will be different ..

But trust me ur no better than them ..ur even worst

Cry me a lagoon

15 Likes

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:17am On May 07, 2017
kokoA:
I knew it! I saw their advert on AIT some days ago.
I believe our REAL progressive comrades in APC will welcome this move and join hands with other patriots in the party to move Nigeria forward.

This is a time for young people to get involved in the affairs of Nigeria

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by xtianh(m): 9:17am On May 07, 2017
Stronger in curroption.....apda

9 Likes

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by Atiku2019: 9:18am On May 07, 2017
Watching from the sideline cool

3 Likes

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by bantudark: 9:19am On May 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

God Bless this country

what is wrong with you.......something is very fishey about you...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:21am On May 07, 2017
bantudark:

what is wrong with you.......something is very fishey about you...
Something is very meaty about you

21 Likes

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:22am On May 07, 2017
xtianh:
Stronger in curroption.....apda
APDA Is a new party in the making, it has NO corruption stain like APC

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:24am On May 07, 2017
Lalasticlala good morning Sir

2 Likes

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by Flexherbal(m): 9:25am On May 07, 2017
Dey can do whatever they like.

The people will decide, come 2019.
Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by bantudark: 9:25am On May 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Something is very meaty about you

look,,,apc can not loose in 2019....no matter what parties merge toghether....the south east is not enough to win....

i want to see how you wan convince the north to be on your side now after your people insulted them so much...forget the yorubas,they are pissed about south easterners...oyo...

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by mrvitalis(m): 9:26am On May 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Cry me a lagoon
Is that the best I can say ?? ..lol no body will fall for u
Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by tomakint: 9:27am On May 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

God Bless this country
I concur to this submission Tonye. APDA is like a raging inferno.......APC has disappointed many zombies as we speak. What a loss

8 Likes

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by mrvitalis(m): 9:28am On May 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

PDP as a party has a lot of foundational flaw. In fact, I and other patriots within always maintain that the party must be restructured to capture the mind and yearnings of Nigerians. Alas, Professor Gana Committee was setup and came with brilliant recommendations. But such has to pass through all organs of the party including NEC and Convention for ratification.

Sadly, the crises has put a pause to everything. Nigerians need an alternative platform to the dirt called APC and they can't keep waiting till infinity for the PDP.

APDA, is still under INEC consideration but once the needful is done and PDP fortune remain unchanged, we shall join other patriots within APDA and give Nigerians what they seek...

BTW why are you so concerned? Scared already?

Baba u didn't answer the question ..why not remove sheriff at the convention if u truly have internal democracy and if majority of the party is against him

Answer the question and stop dogging it

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:29am On May 07, 2017
bantudark:

look,,,apc can not loose in 2019....no matter what parties merge toghether....the south east is not enough to win....

Hahah APDA is NOT a SE, SW, SW, NW or NE party.

It is a party for ALL and driven by Nigerians from all part of Nigeria.

Yes, SE alone can't make anyone President so is SS, SW, NW, NE and NC.

Nigerians from the SE, SS, SW, NE, NW and NC shall kick out the fraud called APC in 2019.

I resist every attempt to turn this into a tribal bashing thread....

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by mrvitalis(m): 9:29am On May 07, 2017
layzie:

And when will this convention be held? Methinks they would have done this 6months ago, by now the new party would have been ready for the Anambra Guber polls

Sheriff ur chairman has proposes why not allow him
Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by bantudark: 9:29am On May 07, 2017
tomakint:

I concur to this submission Tonye. APDA is like a raging inferno.......APC has disappointed many zombies as we speak. What a loss

nobody want an alliance with the south east...heck,even the deltans dont want an alliance with the south east...

oyo....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by erunz(m): 9:32am On May 07, 2017
This is the best option so far, I remember advising markafi faction to abandon PDP for Sheriff. Welcome APDA I'm already to join, once markafi gives the go ahead. We've had enough of Sheriff.

12 Likes

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:32am On May 07, 2017
tomakint:

Let them keep masturbating until it dawn on them.

The registration is yet to be completed, membership drive is yet to kick off, campaign hasn't started but apc trolls are already wailing. What happens when the whole thing kick off?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by omenkaLives(m): 9:34am On May 07, 2017
Really?

APDA: advanced Peoples Demonic Alliance. cheesy

30 Likes

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by bantudark: 9:35am On May 07, 2017
i tut this tonyeburuku guy is smart...but he is not smart a tall..

he was the moronn that opened that thread,Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Fact Don't Lie),...

https://www.nairaland.com/3327789/kenya-ahead-nigeria-all-aspect

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by omenkaLives(m): 9:35am On May 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

God Bless this country
Bros, who are these PATRIOTS you talk about? cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by mrvitalis(m): 9:36am On May 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Let them keep masturbating until it dawn on them.

The registration is yet to be completed, membership drive is yet to kick off, campaign hasn't started but apc trolls are already wailing. What happens when the whole thing kick off?

Who cares about APC or PDP ??

Will the candidate of the new party not be a former member of PDP or APC ?? ..

This is democracy ..if u believe in ur movement and idea why not stick to PDP or APC which ever party u are and move it ..

PDP breaking only makes thing's easier for APC and thats a fact ..south south and south east votes have been shared

U people just want access to national treasurer nothing more

8 Likes

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by Nobody: 9:37am On May 07, 2017
“Sheriff’s PDP is not interested in being opposition to the APC, they have never uttered a word in opposition; that is not how to run a democracy.

Thank God New pdp have begun to think....

8 Likes

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by mrvitalis(m): 9:37am On May 07, 2017
omenkaLives:
Bros, who are these PATRIOTS you talk about? cheesy
Don't mind the boy ..engage him in a debate and see him run away ...APC just won 2019 elections if this happens ..no matter who they present

8 Likes

Re: Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:37am On May 07, 2017
omenkaLives:
Really?
I'm sure you will be welcomed to the party boss.

Nigerians need better alternative to what we currently have in both the ruling and opposition parties. APDA may just be the real big thing to actualise the aspiration of Nigerians.

It's good especially for a party that has never held position in the country before now

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC / 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala / Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.