Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi (59752 Views)

Aluta Continua And Its History. / Aluta Continua Says Uniosun Student...see All Action In Picture / Pius Ojemolon Bags 19 Awards At University Of Benin Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by sayittome(m): 12:27am On May 08, 2017
Opakan2:

Actually you're the dull one here.. cos if every prof comes up with popular sayings/ slangs claiming it's this and that, how will people make meaningful and judicious use of their time.

something like this shouldn't be his concern when others are making breakthroughs, shaping the the world to be a better place.

Everyone has liberty of choice.. only an illiterate won't know that
If only you had asked me questions, i would have explained myself clearly.
The truth hurts so am not surprised if you take my opinion.
personal.
Learn to question things. It helps my friend. Thanks all the same

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by UjSizzle(f): 12:29am On May 08, 2017
gabazin080:

its actually portugese and not latin
Simply shows he didn't read the article nor does he understand that the writer isn't simply talking about the literal interpretation of the word, but about it's origin and what it stood for at the time.

The author is right. People truly don't read.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Nobody: 12:30am On May 08, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
Summary pls

Too long

You are the kind of Nigerian we are talking about my friend.
Just a little script......too much for u to read. How will u learn if you don't read?
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by UjSizzle(f): 12:33am On May 08, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
my friend go an sit down, there is a reason why we were taught summary in school.
I strongly doubt you know why you were taught Summary in school. And I can assure you it wasn't to deter people from long reads.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by blaqroy: 12:33am On May 08, 2017
I'm sure 90% of us didn't read to the end
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Queenarbie: 12:39am On May 08, 2017
Nice write up. So when next we chant Aluta continua, we must specify wat exactly d struggle continues against
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by alex406(m): 1:19am On May 08, 2017
A luta continua- the fight or struggle continue- portuguese word
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by INTROVERT(f): 1:51am On May 08, 2017
Laple0541:
sum1 should pls summarise, seems the Op no do summary for sec school.

In summary the article was talking about all you guys who don't read....who wobble, dab and wabble in ignorance and enjoy it. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Nobody: 1:56am On May 08, 2017
According to the Aworite Manual on Tertiary Lingua franca, Aluta Continua is a verbal adverbial supporting the assertion that the hitherto pulse vegetable boiling merrily on the electric stove is finally guaranteed attention for the introduction of Elaeis guineensis...or in common parlance the beans wey dey for stove don ready for palm oil wink
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Joysmart(f): 3:52am On May 08, 2017
After reading the article and then going through the comments I can't help but shake my head for Nigerian youths
The shameless display of laziness and ignorance is disheartening

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by calberian: 3:59am On May 08, 2017
faruz:
No time to read this epistle.... angry

A good Samaritan should summarize

They said folks like you have very little attention span and that politicians have ruined your education.
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by k9ine(m): 4:19am On May 08, 2017
The very disease the writer spoke about, is what you are displaying the symptoms. So someone should use their intellect for you who has chosen to lazy.

Elnino4ladies:
Summary pls

Too long

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Nobody: 4:24am On May 08, 2017
Karlman:
introvert, that was a good read yet i was disappointed in the end to find it wasnt your piece.
It could never be. As she is just a step above the millennials that the author writes of.
This piece is enough to galvanize a nation into a reading frenzy, but I fear we are too far gone. A few of us will murmur and nod in admiration of fine writing - and use the opportunity to drop a few ostentatious words of our own. But the horde, the millennials, it is water off their backs.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Onemind47(m): 6:15am On May 08, 2017
Educative
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by WeboHost: 6:27am On May 08, 2017
Aluta continua is a Portuguese phrase.
A means the.
Luta means fight.
Continua means continue.

A luta continua means "the fight continues."
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by dfrost: 6:28am On May 08, 2017
This is a masterpiece. The way of the pen.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by dfrost: 6:37am On May 08, 2017
BoboYekini:
It could never be. As she is just a step above the millennials that the author writes of.
This piece is enough to galvanize a nation into a reading frenzy, but I fear we are too far gone. A few of us will murmur and nod in admiration of fine writing - and use the opportunity to drop a few ostentatious words of our own. But the horde, the millennials, it is water off their backs.

I agree totally with you. I blame parents because they now occupy their wards with rubbish materials on the tv screen. Gone are the days of Tales by Moonlight teaching you that greed is bad.

Every kid on the block wants to be the next Davido, Wizkid, Skales, Olamide et al.

No one wants to be the next Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe and co.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by dfrost: 6:39am On May 08, 2017
calberian:

They said folks like you have very little attention span and that politicians have ruined your education.

Apt.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Madu100t(m): 6:47am On May 08, 2017
INTROVERT:
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/05/07/do-you-know-what-luta-continua-means-pius-adesanmi

all nairaland and Nigeria must read this
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by bizzibodi(m): 6:55am On May 08, 2017
so this samora machel is a revolutionist on d same pedestal with fidel castro,cheiguvera,karl max,mandela,san suu ki, martin luther king but african left him unsung!
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by ebby9z(m): 7:12am On May 08, 2017
spiro4real:
Hummm...all.these plenty grammar for this one way be "The struggle continues"
One of the anti-intellectuals the writer described. SMH for our generation really.
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Youngzedd(m): 7:13am On May 08, 2017
This dude didn't do summary in school.
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by ebby9z(m): 7:19am On May 08, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
am grateful.. Any other news?
It is, "I'm" not "am

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by gevans(m): 7:23am On May 08, 2017
baike:
me and front page today we go die
God forbid, u will not die with front page
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by menxer: 7:33am On May 08, 2017
bizzibodi:
so this samora machel is a revolutionist on d same pedestal with fidel castro,cheiguvera,karl max,mandela,san suu ki, martin luther king but african left him unsung!

that is the purpose of this thread in a way, you can't sing a song you don't know the lyrics, you can hum it at best, which is why most of us 'hum' "aluta continua, victoria ascerta" without 'singing' the freedoms song that followed.
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by oluamid(m): 7:37am On May 08, 2017
Little wonder why Prof Adesanmi had to write this piece? Evidences of what the Prof was talking about abound in this thread.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Ishilove: 7:41am On May 08, 2017
INTROVERT:
Seun, Lalasticlala et al every nairalander needs to read this.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/05/07/do-you-know-what-luta-continua-means-pius-adesanmi
Sis, it has been very long since I read such an articulate, riveting and timely piece on Nairaland. Kudos to the mod who moved this to the frontpage.

Unfortunately majority will not go halfway without complaining exactly the same way the writer described. It's tragic. Today's generation of youths are proudly ignorant.
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by menxer: 7:41am On May 08, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:

Latin was composed out of Spanish and Portuguese

In fact Spanish and Portuguese almost sound alike

Save some few variations

So invariably he was right when he said Latin

this is what this aluta continua is fighting, ignorance and fallacious assertions.
Latin is the root from which Romance languages, such as Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, French, and Romanian was developed and not the other way round.
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Ishilove: 7:42am On May 08, 2017
ebby9z:

It is, "I'm" not "am
Tell them. It's so annoying
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Nobody: 7:48am On May 08, 2017
feelme3:

[size=13pt]

I weep for Nigerian youths.
Emancipate yourself from this mental slavery...none but yourself can free your mind.
I got tired of quoting these blank minds. SMH.
Sad! Sad!! Sad!!!
[/size]

what exactly is your point here? if you are implying that I didn't read the the article you are obviously not as intelligent as you would like to think or believe, if anyone has a blank that will be you! you couldn't even comprehend what I have written grin Again let me remind you of what I wrote.

"dId any one else read this long story or is it just me?" now that doesn't mean i didnt read it does it? because you are dumb and quick to criticise you didn't read and understand what i have written, i will let you wallow in ignorance. I think you will find that you are the mentally slaved one ciao! grin
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Nobody: 7:49am On May 08, 2017
cool
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Ishilove: 7:53am On May 08, 2017
CzarChris:
it really pains me to see the level of laziness in this generation, we are truly in trouble.
Blame wrong usage of social media.

To paraphrase Psalm 12 vs 8:

The wicked (ignorant) prowl on every side when Vileness (vacuity/ inanity) is exalted (via social media) among the sons of men

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"BTC > BSc": Nigerian Female Student Signs Out In Style From School (Photos) / Student Gropes His Classmate After Saving Her From Drowning (Pictures) / Uniosun Student’s Ear Bitten Off By Her Roommate (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.