Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

How To Care For Your Smartphone Battery - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Care For Your Smartphone Battery (12434 Views)

Android Battery Killers: 5 Worst Apps That Use Up Smartphone Battery / 7 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Twice Faster / 5 Reasons Your Smartphone Battery Will Always Be Low (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Care For Your Smartphone Battery by shapman: 7:50pm On May 19, 2017
while charging and playing heavy games same time, does it affect battery life?
Re: How To Care For Your Smartphone Battery by tosyne2much(m): 8:40pm On May 19, 2017
donbenie:
Leaving your battery plugged in ALL night has been proven to have ZERO negative impact on the life of a modern Smartphone,these devices have built-in regulatory mechanisms which kicks in once the phone reaches 100% and shut down the charge to avoid overcharge..
First the rate of charging slows down at around 90% and then trickles till full and shuts down at 100%,then only kicks in if required to top it right back up..it's a MYTH still being propagated to scare the gullible..
Yes you're very right brother... New generation phones batteries will never spoil even if it's plugged in for hours after the battery has gotten to the brim

How do I know this? Your phone will have no temperature after your battery has gotten to the brim. Meaning that, there are circuits protecting the battery from overcharging

1 Like

Re: How To Care For Your Smartphone Battery by tosyne2much(m): 8:41pm On May 19, 2017
KentoBility:
even if my battery is 97%, if nepa bring light or anybody on generator, i will complete it, so it will reach 100%.
You're just so funny bro cheesy
Re: How To Care For Your Smartphone Battery by tosyne2much(m): 8:45pm On May 19, 2017
donbenie:
That is EXACTLY my point,GOOGLE is your friend..you can't OVERCHARGE a Smartphone..
A little experiment for you,charge your phone till it's FULLY charged at 100%..you'll notice that at a point the battery charging signal will go off,indicating that the phone is no longer charging even though the phone is still plugged in,that's the overcharge protection kicking in..
And if the phone is turned off while charging with a Power Bank,you'll also notice that the Power Bank will trip off on its own sometime after charging the phone to 100% showing that it's no longer CHARGING the phone..
But don't take my word for it,like I said GOOGLE is your friend..
You're very right Bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OPPO launches A1k and A5s Mid Range Smartphones Into The Nigerian Market / Awoof: Get More Than 3 Million Airtime From Airtel To Call Any Network In 9ja / How Much Can You Pay For This Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.