Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,946 members, 7,799,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience (18146 Views)

How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) / Man With 'Osha Ojota' Tattoo Caught Pickpocketing A Police Officer (Photos) / Kidnapper Evans: "Why I Didn't Operate In Yoruba States Apart From Lagos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by otunbakolawole(m): 3:03pm On May 08, 2017
yes. the money vanished. I was shocked too
Eddiecute86:

Haba bros take am easy na.. Your wallet didn't disappear but the money in it?
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Venica(f): 5:42pm On May 08, 2017
but edo own de fear me o.was coming from airport road, and as i stop at d ever busy ringroad /king square . i had this feeling to remove my money n phone from my hand bag. i ignore d feeling and continue walking. luckily for me, before i got to where i could bord a bus to new Benin. my phone rang. i bought out both money n phone. it was just a flash. before i know it someone was trying to tear off both d bag, blouse n bra strip off my shoulder. i shouted n turned back only to see one grandpa running away from me as fast as possible. ;Dbut edo own de fear me o.was coming from airport road, and as i stop at d ever busy ringroad /king square . i had this feeling to remove my money n phone from my hand bag. i ignore d feeling and continue walking. luckily for me, before i got to where i could bord a bus to new Benin. my phone rang. i bought out both money n phone. it was just a flash. before i know it someone was trying to tear off both d bag, blouse n bra strip off my shoulder. i shouted n turned back only to see one grandpa running away from me as fast as possible.
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by valnelly(m): 6:15pm On May 08, 2017
With my over 28 years of living in Lagos... I can tell you that Oshodi is the center of Pickpocketing.
I was coming Home from work one day.. That same spot OP talked about was where it happened. My phone was in my bag... How they opened my bag, took the phone and left remains a mystery up till date to me. I discovered when i climbed that bridge just to buy something on the bridge, my bag was open. Seems they have a scientific way of knowing where phones and other valuables are kept on you.
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by tosyne2much(m): 9:42pm On May 08, 2017
valnelly:
With my over 28 years of living in Lagos... I can tell you that Oshodi is the center of Pickpocketing.
I was coming Home from work one day.. That same spot OP talked about was where it happened. My phone was in my bag... How they opened my bag, took the phone and left remains a mystery up till date to me. I discovered when i climbed that bridge just to buy something on the bridge, my bag was open. Seems they have a scientific way of knowing where phones and other valuables are kept on you.
Bro, this your story weak me oooo... Those guys no get mercy at all ehn
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by dljbd1(m): 12:06am On May 09, 2017
I had this experience too but at Obalende.
I was corporately dressed on a chilling morning, holding my suit by hand and my bag pack was hanging behind me.
I alighted from the bus I boarded from Yaba and was confidently walking towards the other end of Obalende to board a bus to Falomo when suddenly I felt someone pressing hard behind me. The place was really crowded that morning so I thought I was probably walking too slow to I increased my pace but I still felt the unnecessary pressing from behind. Out of curiosity, I went sideways and stopped to check my bag only to find out two compartment were already opened. I just smiled and zipped my bag and hung it behind me like say nothing dey happen and I continued on my journey. Shortly, I started feeling the pressing again then I suddenly crossed to the other side of the road and looked back while at it to see the dude...the dude didn't expect the sudden change in direction so he was like motionless looking at me. I just signaled him to follow me and kept walking without looking back...hahahahahhahaha grin The guy miss straight.
Well, I was so confident cos my bag was actually empty. I left my laptop at the office the previous night. smiley and I always hold my phones in my hand when I'm at public places on boarding buses.
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by AyamConfidence(m): 12:14am On May 09, 2017
Blizzyblinkzy:
I don't know where to classify mine. it happened on the 1st of January 2014 about 1:00am some where in Ajegunle Lagos state. I invited a friend for cross over night, when I went to the bus stop to welcome her, I saw some of our church members and I was wishing them a Happy New Year before I realized what was happening, someone collected my phone gently as if he knows me and started running.. I was busy telling him I don't like such play.. I started chasing him and later got to know he was a thief.. the funny part was that he was screaming ole ole..
na wa ooo

He was screaming ole...lmao

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by konfused: 5:11am On May 09, 2017
One day, as I was sitting in a bus, all of a sudden, one haggard looking guy sitting beside a man began shouting and screaming in pain, everyone inside the bus was totally surprised cos the man beside him just bone face.

We later got to know that he tried to pick the man's pocket and the man caught his hand, instead of the man raising an alarm, he just got hold of his fingers which was still inside his pocket and broke one of his fingers........

7 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by michealjames3969(m): 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
konfused:
One day, as I was sitting in a bus, all of a sudden, one haggard looking guy sitting beside a man began shouting and screaming in pain, everyone inside the bus was totally surprised cos the man beside him just bone face.

We later got to know that he tried to pick the man's pocket and the man caught his hand, instead of the man raising an alarm, he just got hold of his fingers which was still inside his pocket and broke one of his fingers........
Omo I Like The Man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Survivors Of Zakibiam Attack Receiving Treatment In Hospital (Photos) / Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner / 10 People Killed By Suicide Bomber In Konduga, Borno State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.