Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,520 members, 7,801,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

[help] Need Senior Programmers To Explain These Things For Me. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / [help] Need Senior Programmers To Explain These Things For Me. (1053 Views)

Why Do Self Taught Programmers Over Exaggerate / I Need Senior Android Developer To Learn From / Looking For Java Ee Programmers To Work On A Project For My Company. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[help] Need Senior Programmers To Explain These Things For Me. by sellyjeffery: 10:29am On May 08, 2017
Hey guys,i really want to get in programming. I have knowledge in PHP and MYSQL. But am confused about somethings,don't know if you can describe the following for me,their purpose,how they interact with each other!!

1.JSON
2.LIBRARIES
3.API
4.How mobile apps interact with database.

Thanks
Re: [help] Need Senior Programmers To Explain These Things For Me. by talk2hb1(m): 12:12pm On May 08, 2017
Later please, I am in a bus undecided lipsrsealed
Re: [help] Need Senior Programmers To Explain These Things For Me. by cbrass(m): 6:48pm On May 08, 2017
Google is your friend
Re: [help] Need Senior Programmers To Explain These Things For Me. by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 08, 2017
sellyjeffery:
Hey guys,i really want to get in programming. I have knowledge in PHP and MYSQL. But am confused about somethings,don't know if you can describe the following for me,their purpose,how they interact with each other!!

1.JSON
2.LIBRARIES
3.API

Thanks

JSON is referred to as Javascript Object Notation, its the current industrial standard for exchanging data between devices over a network.
it encompasses of a pair of" key: day" structure

the data is lightweight and faster that its rival XML,

key : data

example
name : Williams,

of I wish to reference the data above, I only need to create a var thwt stores tge object like

var username = Json object returned from server (ie name: Williams)

to reference it, I need

username.name

this returns the data Williams

Libraries

this are predefined sets of functions, classes etc that perform a specific ramge of things,.it makes programming easier and your program easier to maintain, all you jeed to do is to import them to your program,
unlike classes, libraries usually consists of groups of classes, predefined parameters, etc which can be directly referenced by your program
example Math in java helps in rounding numbers, calculating powers etc

4. How do mobile apps interect with databases?

very brilliant question, I skipped the API part to explain this first,

The answer is simple "over the Internet"
mobile APPS use what we call Http calls to request and send data over a network, that's why Json and XML comes handy, tje industrial standard is using a URL created explicitly for data exchange or sending data by the mobile device.

to read futher, check out Restful APIs, especially using Json.
usually these URL links are created by a server scripting language such as PHP and hosted on the server, after which theu are consumed by the mobile deviCE over the internet using http calls...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: [help] Need Senior Programmers To Explain These Things For Me. by sellyjeffery: 11:34pm On May 08, 2017
Am trying to get a hang of these JSON. You said JSON is used in the transfer of data between 2 devices over a network..is the network a webserver ?..and an app like whatsapp that messages are sent between 2 devices,does it mean that it uses the principle of JSON to transmit the data
Re: [help] Need Senior Programmers To Explain These Things For Me. by Nobody: 10:01am On May 09, 2017
sellyjeffery:
Am trying to get a hang of these JSON. You said JSON is used in the transfer of data between 2 devices over a network..is the network a webserver ?..and an app like whatsapp that messages are sent between 2 devices,does it mean that it uses the principle of JSON to transmit the data

by network, I am referring to devices that can communicate together, INTERNET makes that possible for device A to request for resources from device B, and vice versa,

Nairaland for example requires all its HTML,CSS, etc to be on the web server, but for you to have access to Nairaland from your end, you need INTERNET,

Secondly, Whatsapp most likely use Json to exchange data between devices,

if two devices wish to communicate, the following might happen

A sends to Server (this is where the database reside),

Server receives data from A, stores it on the database and allocate B as the receiver,

B is trying to view its unread messages from the database, and thus runs a query on to database to fetch unread messages, you guessed right, Http Request calls is made by device B to the server, using Json to send data
Re: [help] Need Senior Programmers To Explain These Things For Me. by trytillmake(m): 10:59am On May 09, 2017
sellyjeffery:

1.JSON
2.LIBRARIES
3.API

Thanks

Try w3schools.com you will get them explained there.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Your Kali Linux Installed On Windows Vmware Workstation / Oyerr Is Just Unique / Extract & Edit BTC Mining/market, Check Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.