Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1244781 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by KVickky(f): 7:11am On Nov 17, 2017
liliberth:
Pls did anyone apply to flinders University I’m finding it hard to create my student ID, how do I go about it. Thanks.

You should have been given your student id when you applied or are you asking about something else?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nurseafrica: 9:57am On Nov 17, 2017
I bless you name mighty Jesus. Its only you that has done this. My so called African brothers deserted me. Its only when you have a problem will you know your real friend. After almost 4 months of waiting my Grant droped on 14th. Any one in Brisbane holla at your boy
Hallelujah. God is great

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Asoasoaso: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2017
nurseafrica:
I bless you name mighty Jesus. Its only you that has done this. My so called African brothers deserted me. Its only when you have a problem will you know your real friend. After almost 4 months of waiting my Grant droped on 14th. Any one in Brisbane holla at your boy
Hallelujah. God is great

Congratulations Bro
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 10:14am On Nov 17, 2017
Congratulations to you!... God wanted to use your own case to take full glory. You have succeeded and God made it possible. Coming to Brisbane for February 2018 intake. Hope to meet you.
nurseafrica:
Hallelujah. God is great

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 10:48am On Nov 17, 2017
nurseafrica:
Hallelujah. God is great
Congrats bro, do share your timeline and documents submitted with us.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Abbey1987: 10:50am On Nov 17, 2017
BisoBiso:
Please How long will you wait when you get finalized on your immi Account
Any update yet??
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:27am On Nov 17, 2017
nurseafrica:
Hallelujah. God is great
Congratulations on your PR
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teehomies: 12:03pm On Nov 17, 2017
Congrats bro. Please share details.
nurseafrica:
Hallelujah. God is great
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Churkie: 12:08pm On Nov 17, 2017
Abbey1987:
gurus in the house, if an application is tagged Finalized on Immi Account, how long will it take them to send the decision to the email? i'm very optimistic that allah will do the best for me?

What's the update now?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Churkie: 12:10pm On Nov 17, 2017
BisoBiso:
Please How long will you wait when you get finalized on your immi Account
Sup, any update today?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liliberth: 12:13pm On Nov 17, 2017
KVickky:

You should have been given your student id when you applied or are you asking about something else?

Yes I was given but I can’t get through to the FAN account. That’s my problem
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by KVickky(f): 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2017
liliberth:

Yes I was given but I can’t get through to the FAN account. That’s my problem

Your the mail that accompanied your Coe should have a link to myflinders just click on my flinders it opens up a page that says activate bla bla click on activate the use student id. Put in id and date of birth it should give your fan name. First few letters of your surname and some numbers

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2017
Most places

Churkie:

Is this bond payment applicable everywhere?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cheekynero: 1:49pm On Nov 17, 2017
nurseafrica:
Hallelujah. God is great

Congrats bruhhh.. Please share with us the necessary documents you used so we can also use it to access ours.. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cheekynero: 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2017
Abbey1987:
gurus in the house, if an application is tagged Finalized on Immi Account, how long will it take them to send the decision to the email? i'm very optimistic that allah will do the best for me?

From experience, this is really not a good sign but just be hopeful.. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liliberth: 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2017
KVickky:

Your the mail that accompanied your Coe should have a link to myflinders just click on my flinders it opens up a page that says activate bla bla click on activate the use student id. Put in id and date of birth it should give your fan name. First few letters of your surname and some numbers

Can I send you a mail. It’s not coming up when I put in my details. It’s coming up as error.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sola1010: 9:50pm On Nov 17, 2017
Australia is reali overrated, bt I understand d plight of nigerians we r searching 4 a beta life bt dnt let dos Pretoria guys get into ur head aussie or nt we go mk am cos baba God dy c our hussle so stay calm pple nd neva put ur eggs in 1 basket.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 2:22am On Nov 18, 2017
Sola1010:
Australia is reali overrated, bt I understand d plight of nigerians we r searching 4 a beta life bt dnt let dos Pretoria guys get into ur head aussie or nt we go mk am cos baba God dy c our hussle so stay calm pple nd neva put ur eggs in 1 basket.

Not overrated anything when you come you go see.

God will allow them grant your visa make you come see yourself.

Iroyin koto amojuba.

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Slingshot: 2:36am On Nov 18, 2017
I felt heartbroken about this
From my experience I will advise you to re-apply
I am 100% certain you will get your Visa
I know losing money could b sad
Atimes I dont know why they do the things they do
Reading through your post you are very eligible
Please re- apply
bestdiddy:
Good morning my people

I trust we're all doing well.

Well, i've been pained and terribly heartbroken in recent days. Its really been tough since I got the disappointing news last week, But God has seen me through.

A few of you will probably know me from some of my comments and contributions made here. I just felt I should let you guys in on what has happened so far . . . it may be of help to someone.

Okay . . . I got admission to Deakin University (AL1) for a Masters in Business Analytics program to resume July 31, 2017.

I applied for the visa on June 15, 2017. Documents submitted are as follows:

1. Medicals submitted on June 22, 2017.
2. Academic documents including BSc certificate, WAEC, IELTS.
3. Resume
4. Employment letter dated Dec 15, 2011 evidencing my employment to one of the commercial banks in Nigeria.
5. Promotion letter.
6. Birth Certificate
7. Study Leave letter issued by my Bank
8. Registered Survey and Title documents of my land somewhere here in Lagos.
9. Salary Pay slips.
10. My Tax clearance letter showing my tax payments since I was employed.
11. Sworn Affidavit of sponsorship of my mom
12. My mom's school bank account statement, showing annual inflows of school fees payments.

My mom was my sponsor and she's the owner of a school here in Lagos. I provided incorporation documents, school fees receipts, notarised management account documents showing the revenue and expense profile of the school.

13. Title documents to a property owned by my mom which is rented out as well.
13. Rental receipts and account statement showing receipt of the rent annually.
14. Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Statement.

If I can remember any other one, I will mention.

After the application on June 15th, the following occured.

July 15th . . . . No response yet from DIPB

August 15th . . . . No response. Sent an email and they replied saying the application was still under assessment.

At this point, I and my agent had to defer the admission. Deakin deferred the admission to November 6, 2017 and the new COE was uploaded on the IMMI portal.

September 15th . . . still no positive response. I sent an email and called to speak with the Case Officer. Case Officer said they were still carrying out internal checks.

October 15th . . . Still no response. Application still under assessment.

October 18th . . . I sent a mail informing the DIPB that I had been admitted to a University in the UK for an MBA program and I would appreciate a more detailed update on the application as I still prefer studying in the OZ.

October 20th . . . I got an email asking me to urgently provide a 3months updated employment letter and 3months updated salary payslips.

I immediately obtained the employment letter and payslips from the HR team in my Bank and uploaded same on October 22nd.

October 26th . . . I got an email asking me to provide my bank account statement. The statement was uploaded 4days later.

And Finally, on November 9, 2017 . . . I got a Student Visa Denied Decision Letter via mail. The reasons were stressed in the paragraphs below:

"while you have personal ties in Nigeria in the form of your immediate family, I find that these ties do not, of themselves, constitute a strong incentive to return home when considered against the fact that you are single and lacking strong employment or economic circumstances in Nigeria."

“I find that the course you are seeking to undertake seems inconsistent with your previous academics, but consistent with your employment background. However, as we cannot verify the existence of your employer and employment, I am unable to ascertain your position and cannot determine whether your intended studies will be of benefit to your future employment.

When I saw the above stated reasons, I was shocked and amazed. Tears rolled out of my eyes and I just couldn't comprehend what I was reading. I was at my desk in my office and didnt want to cause a scene, but people around me knew something was wrong. I cried and in my heart, I asked God . . . "but Oh Lord, you know I am employed. I am a full staff of a top commercial bank in Nigeria, and I never lied about my employment . . . neither did I fake any of my documents provided"

Immediately, my mind went to the verification part which made me contact my HR Team to confirm if they received a mail from DIPB and they didnt verify. HR said that they received a mail from the Internal Control of the Bank asking to confirm the authenticity of the updated employment letter which I uploaded on October 20th. They confirmed within 1hour to Internal Control.

I contacted Internal Control and Control said they received the mail from DIPB asking to verify the authenticity of the Updated Employment Letter and the Bank Account Statement. They received the mail by 12.45pm and verified and confirmed to DIPB by 4.30pm same day. I actually saw a copy of the mail . . . The words were . . . "Both the employment letter and account statement are hereby verified authentic and issued by us".

So what went wrong . . . where did I go wrong? . . . why was I denied on the basis of lack of verification of my employment and employer. My employer is a top bank with international presence that Google could easily confirm to them that this bank exists.

Internal Control subsequently sent them a mail attaching my denial letter stating that "our staff just informed us that he was denied on the grounds that he is not a GTE because his employment and employer could not be verified . . . But we confirmed his employment to you on Nov 3, 2017 in the attached mail".

DIPB responded that they acknowledge the mail and a processing officer will take this up, and advised that the applicant contacts his case officer.

I sent a mail subsequently to my case officer, highlighting the reasons and calmly pleaded that they review the decisison because when I got the letter, I had to take it up with my employers thinking they didnt verify my employment to DIPB, but I was informed that indeed my employers did.

I just got a response yesterday from DIPB stating that once a decision is taken, they cant revisit it. They added that they understand how frustrating it is, but they believe no error was made and they suggested that I can always re-apply if I choose to.

Reapplication however involves starting the entire process again because i would have to obtain another COE for a semester next year. Since school fees will increase, Deakin stated I have to provide another Bank account statement and that means the N13million in my account has to sit untouched in the account.

I really cannot go through that pain and stress again because of some other things I cant reveal here.

. . . And there goes my efforts to do my masters in Australia. Funny enough and in all honesty, I actually intended to use the qualifications to get a promotion in my bank but majorly to improve my chances of joining the likes of Mckinsey & Company or Bain & Company. Top consulting firms that recently entered the Nigerian business space. Its always been my dream to consult in such companies and why I will always come back is because I'm an Igbo man and I dabble into a lot of side businesses which I always enjoy doing. So even though there are better opportunities in OZ, I would always come back after my studies to strike deals or set up cross border trades between Nigeria and Oz.

Who am I even trying to convince here sef . . .

Anyways, its happened, I gave it my best shot, I suffered, I toiled and I spent a lot of money, but all I can say is that

. . . the race is not to the swift . . . time and chance happeneth to all men.

Thanks a lot my people, you guys have been awesome and I pray you hopefuls never experience what I went through last week. All the best.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 4:45am On Nov 18, 2017
Sola1010:
Which Australia is overrated? I can tell you with proofs that Australia is the best destination for naija students presently even ahead of Canada, do your home work properly.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by olamitunposi: 5:43am On Nov 18, 2017
Hello everyone, My immi account been showing information requested since I did my biometric on thursday, but the only message I got from DIBP was the request for Personal Identification which I have gone for. Do I have to upload receipt of the Biometric payment? Cause me I don't understand o.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrFuckallday: 5:53am On Nov 18, 2017
Churkie:

Good day. Go to a court with an older relative and get a court declaration of age.

With the above, go to National Population Commission and get an attestation of birth or birth certificate. Whichever you are issued is widely accepted.
Thanks fam. Did it yesterday tho everything cost 6k
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Abbey1987: 8:30am On Nov 18, 2017
All glory and adoration belongs to almighty Allah, to me it might be depressing but Allah has a reason for everything at a particular time.. I just got my grant refusal email from my agent. Upon all the efforts it's still come out been negative. Anyway I need an advice on the next line of action. I'm thinking of applying to another university probably for July intake with a master course that's relatively close to my first degree geology to be precise. I'm thinking of any environmental course or hydrogeoology course.. Any advice will be welcome and please don't be too emotional with the advice...i know the God I served has a reason for this. I prayed for those still awaiting grant that positive mail will come soonest. Thanks famz
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kofson: 8:38am On Nov 18, 2017
olamitunposi:
Hello everyone, My immi account been showing information requested since I did my biometric on thursday, but the only message I got from DIBP was the request for Personal Identification which I have gone for. Do I have to upload receipt of the Biometric payment? Cause me I don't understand o.

Yes upload the receipt and send them a message concerning the in upload of personal id through your immiaccount
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2017
Abbey1987:
All glory and adoration belongs to almighty Allah, to me it might be depressing but Allah has a reason for everything at a particular time.. I just got my grant refusal email from my agent. Upon all the efforts it's still come out been negative. Anyway I need an advice on the next line of action. I'm thinking of applying to another university probably for July intake with a master course that's relatively close to my first degree geology to be precise. I'm thinking of any environmental course or hydrogeoology course.. Any advice will be welcome and please don't be too emotional with the advice...i know the God I served has a reason for this. I prayed for those still awaiting grant that positive mail will come soonest. Thanks famz
What was the reason for your refusal ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Abbey1987: 10:16am On Nov 18, 2017
noscarn91:

First degree not align with my choosen master course and also my agent didn't request me to upload the business registration certificate.. So they can't verify if truly my biz exist..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Abbey1987: 10:16am On Nov 18, 2017
noscarn91:

First degree not align with my choosen master course and also my agent didn't request me to upload the business registration certificate.. So they can't verify if truly my biz exist
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 10:31am On Nov 18, 2017
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cheekynero: 10:40am On Nov 18, 2017
Abbey1987:

First degree not align with my choosen master course and also my agent didn't request me to upload the business registration certificate.. So they can't verify if truly my biz exist..

Its looking like this is the new basis for rejection - Once they can't verify your business or place of work. Its like they are expecting every business to be registered online or have a website for them to visit. As for me, there's more to this amidst the eyes. They have other reasons best known to them and I believe there's someone working there who doesn't like Nigerians... Period

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joyfree: 11:17am On Nov 18, 2017
True talk ..... it's really heartbreaking. After all d waiting they just give flimsy excuses. Something is really wrong somewhere. May God help us all.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joyfree: 11:36am On Nov 18, 2017
@Abbey1987 pls don't give up , just work on the reasons for denial n am sure you will be given.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kofson: 11:38am On Nov 18, 2017
cheekynero:

Its looking like this is the new basis for rejection - Once they can't verify your business or place of work. Its like they are expecting every business to be registered online or have a website for them to visit. As for me, there's more to this amidst the eyes. They have other reasons best known to them and I believe there's someone working there who doesn't like Nigerians... Period

Pls all nairaland members make sure that the company you work with has a website and company/business email too. This shows how professional the company is. If not you can create one yourself but inform your boss about this.They called my boss asked if he had a website?

Pls make sure that your sponsor's business is fully registered .
Let's be truthful to declare all previous visa refusals when applying.
I remember somewhere in part 1 of thread someone advised us on this issue creating a website for the business.They check all these things as well. Pls lets try read from part1 to part 3 of this thread.Everything we need here has an answer somewhere. Good luck to all visa hopefuls and may God shower His blessings on us.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.