Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1245006 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by boboyi247(m): 7:57am On May 14, 2017
bblessed:

Yes,but you have to be there early cause they close by 2pm or 3pm.Go with your original international passport

thanks alot , please can you describe how i can get there from oshodi
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babajigga(m): 9:22am On May 14, 2017
Please has anyone else gotten their visa..we need testimonials here
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 9:31am On May 14, 2017
BADNEAT:
I'm good bro...hope no problem ...the pm is gone with details of that my email ad ...whats up

I no get o. Tried sending you a request on BBM, its like you changed your pin? Abeg send me a mail @ sukky85@gmail.com
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bblessed: 9:34am On May 14, 2017
boboyi247:

thanks alot , please can you describe how i can get there from oshodi

From oshodi enter bus going to Naco,then enter Ikeja bus frm naco bustop. Ask them to stop you at toll gate,ask of port health center its beside toll gate. They charge #1000 for the yellow card.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by boboyi247(m): 10:24am On May 14, 2017
bblessed:

From oshodi enter bus going to Naco,then enter Ikeja bus frm naco bustop. Ask them to stop you at toll gate,ask of port health center its beside toll gate. They charge #1000 for the yellow card.

thanks boss, i just left there now and the lady that attended to me said the govt. is planning to start issuing a new yellow cards that will go for #5000:00.

it seems you contact them through this email and number below.
porthealthservices_ng@yahoo.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 3:12pm On May 14, 2017
egbabiekperemo1 Can one do aged care training in darwin?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Howoheye: 7:24pm On May 14, 2017
Benekruku:

Bro. You know of any school where I can run an msc in telecommunication engineering

No bro.
Google will do the trick.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 9:27pm On May 14, 2017
jobbers:
yes
are you in darwin?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Omooloriredade: 9:31pm On May 14, 2017
Benekruku:

Bro. You know of any school where I can run an msc in telecommunication engineering

Just wondering if you considered this first before opting for MSC

Open https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by amebostudent: 5:24am On May 15, 2017
good Morning Guru,

please how can i know if my course is processed under SVP

university: CQ
Agent: BCIE
course: Master information technology

what are my chances if i apply with partner and leave my baby behind
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kaylawesteros: 9:12am On May 15, 2017
Hello house,
Pls I'll like to know what prospect awaits an MBA graduate in Sydney. I have Bsc Bus Admin and i want to apply for my MBA but will like to stay back after my studies.
Cc @justwise babajigga
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Vinny101: 9:54am On May 15, 2017
Hello Gurus I sincerely need your suggestions and advice! I'm waiting to kick start my visa application for a PhD study in Melbourne;I have been accepted by two supervisors in two good universities there. Though I'm still waiting for the formal admission letter. However, I'm wandering what my chances of staying back after the PhD would be as I seem can not find a clear matching skill on the priority skill list. I hold a B.Sc in Economics. MA International Develooment Management and my PhD study would be in a Faculty of Arts, school of Humanities and Social Science. In summary, I'm tending towards a Development Expert. I just can't really pick out where my skill set would fall in. Please kindly advise.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by boboyi247(m): 2:47pm On May 15, 2017
is there any clinic that attend to applicant for medicals on Saturdays

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iloveutd: 7:43pm On May 15, 2017
boboyi247:

thanks for the respond and pls how do i get the yellow

Go to any port hospital in your state, if you are in lagos go to international airport...

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by amebostudent: 8:19pm On May 15, 2017
please ans
amebostudent:
good Morning Guru,

please how can i know if my course is processed under SVP

university: CQ
Agent: BCIE
course: Master information technology

what are my chances if i apply with partner and leave my baby behind
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by boboyi247(m): 9:17pm On May 15, 2017
amebostudent:
please ans

just check if ur school falls under AL1 school.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 10:03pm On May 15, 2017
Is it true that you can't work until school starts?so if you come in like some months before school begins you will roast cos you wouldn't be able to work
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dotter8: 10:58pm On May 15, 2017
Hello guys. Im new on this thread and with the Most i have read i'm pretty sure that this is the best place to get all my answers and straighten out my confused mind.
I have bachelor degree in Architecture (futa) and i have applied both to canada and Australia for master degree courses.
I am awaiting an offer from carleton university in canada to where i applied in january 2017 to study for a master of Architecture. A friend there told me i might have to wait till june to get a response on my admission status. While waiting for that i applied late april to Deakin University for master of construction management (professional) cus i learnt construction courses are top notch to getting PR and generally have better pay than Architecture and since its related to the architecture field i would relate well. My application to deakin came out positive after a week.
****This is where im confused
My course in deakin starts by july and that of carleton if admitted starts in september and now i have to decide if to pay the tuition fee and start my visa processing for deakin or deffer to start in novemeber just to wait and see come june if i get admitted to carleton.
I know this is an ausee thread but im dead worried on which would be a better choice in terms of better pay nd better life to go to canada for master of Architecture or to go to australia for master of construction management.
Also that deferring my deakin admission to november is a safe one. Though carleton may or may not be positive but i just want to satisfy my doubts.
Time is really not on my side anymore.
Currently i work in an Architecural firm here in nigeria nd i have a min exp of 3yrs.
Any good suggestion, words of advice and encouragement are highly welcomed. Matured and experienced minds please. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weldonextreme: 12:00am On May 16, 2017
dotter8:
Hello guys. Im new on this thread and with the Most i have read i'm pretty sure that this is the best place to get all my answers and straighten out my confused mind.

In reality. Visa grant to study in Canada now is quite competitive. On the other hand, Ur preferred uni. in Australia is under stream line visa processing, meaning student visa is pretty straight forward. No bank statement is required.
But if u opt for Australia, be prepared to buy dollar from black market to pay for commencement fee, then receive Ur CoE as soon as possible and apply for your student visa. I must warn you, Australia is the most expensive country to study as an international student. So be prepared.

There r other ways to enter Canada if Ur bent on moving down there. Once u get Ur pr in Australia u can always decide to settle down in Canada eventually.

I was once in d same situation as u, but I finally chose Australia since my wife can accompany me to Australia once I receive my grant, on like Canada which is bit complicated.

Choice is urs...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 2:26am On May 16, 2017
weldonextreme:

In reality. Visa grant to study in Canada now is quite competitive. On the other hand, Ur preferred uni. in Australia is under stream line visa processing, meaning student visa is pretty straight forward. No bank statement is required.
But if u opt for Australia, be prepared to buy dollar from black market to pay for commencement fee, then receive Ur CoE as soon as possible and apply for your student visa. I must warn you, Australia is the most expensive country to study as an international student. So be prepared.

There r other ways to enter Canada if Ur bent on moving down there. Once u get Ur pr in Australia u can always decide to settle down in Canada eventually.

I was once in d same situation as u, but I finally chose Australia since my wife can accompany me to Australia once I receive my grant, on like Canada which is bit complicated.

Choice is urs...
please answer my above question....my agent wants me to choose between charles darwin university or flinders university,cdu is for 3 years bachelor of nursing at 24,200 a yr and flinders graduate entry nursing for 2yrs since I already have a degree in psychology and the fee is 29200,I've been trying to get someone in darwin to no avail to let me know how it is down there,seems like no one is based there,i was targeting this July intake and flinders intake is for feb next yr but my agent just told me that I could apply for the flinders and get my visa now.....please what's your advice?how feasible is it coming into Australia at this time and working?when my school begins in February next yr?

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by folashade3272(f): 5:09am On May 16, 2017
Anybody got admission with CQ please let rub minds
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babajigga(m): 7:23am On May 16, 2017
weldonextreme:

Choice is urs...

U won't buy dollar from black market bank can help u pay ur fees through form A and it is at 360 per dollar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babajigga(m): 7:26am On May 16, 2017
tobe4real:
please answer my above question....my agent wants me to choose between charles darwin university or flinders university,cdu is for 3 years bachelor of nursing at 24,200 a yr and flinders graduate entry nursing for 2yrs since I already have a degree in psychology and the fee is 29200,I've been trying to get someone in darwin to no avail to let me know how it is down there,seems like no one is based there,i was targeting this July intake and flinders intake is for feb next yr but my agent just told me that I could apply for the flinders and get my visa now.....please what's your advice?how feasible is it coming into Australia at this time and working?when my school begins in February next yr?

I have a friend in Darwin and he said life in Darwin is good and there are jobs dere

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babajigga(m): 7:27am On May 16, 2017
folashade3272:
Anybody got admission with CQ please let rub minds

I did
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ideamaster(m): 7:28am On May 16, 2017
tobe4real:
please what's your advice?how feasible is it coming into Australia at this time and working?when my school begins in February next yr

The Graduate entry for nursing is cheaper and shorter so that's one advantage of going to Adelaide. However, part of visa condition 8105 says you can't work until your study starts. Coming early would only give you the advantage of completing your aged care or disability training, getting familiar with the city and applying for jobs. Studying in Australia is intensive from day 1 so it can be stressful combining it doing all the trainings and trying to settle down.

Between Adelaide and Darwin, you may have to do your own research. On Seek.com.au, you can filter to each cities and look at the numbers. You can also filter to the classifications you are interested in and compare the opportunities. Some jobs are also posted on Gumtree.com.au. You can also look up cost of accommodation on Gumtree or flatmates.

Searching Cert IV aged care training in Darwin/Adelaide would most likely give you results where you can check duration and prices.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 9:03am On May 16, 2017
dotter8:
I have bachelor degree in Architecture (futa) and i have applied both to canada and Australia for master degree courses.
I am awaiting an offer from carleton university in canada to where i applied in january 2017 to study for a master of Architecture. A friend there told me i might have to wait till june to get a response on my admission status. While waiting for that i applied late april to Deakin University for master of construction management (professional) cus i learnt construction courses are top notch to getting PR and generally have better pay than Architecture and since its related to the architecture field i would relate well. My application to deakin came out positive after a week.
****This is where im confused
My course in deakin starts by july and that of carleton if admitted starts in september and now i have to decide if to pay the tuition fee and start my visa processing for deakin or deffer to start in novemeber just to wait and see come june if i get admitted to carleton.
I know this is an ausee thread but im dead worried on which would be a better choice in terms of better pay nd better life to go to canada for master of Architecture or to go to australia for master of construction management.
Also that deferring my deakin admission to november is a safe one. Though carleton may or may not be positive but i just want to satisfy my doubts.
Time is really not on my side anymore.
Currently i work in an Architecural firm here in nigeria nd i have a min exp of 3yrs.
Any good suggestion, words of advice and encouragement are highly welcomed. Matured and experienced minds please. Thanks.

Bros. I will advice you to go for Australia, the visa processing is very straight forward unlike.canada that just refuse people visa anyhow. Just that Australia is an expensive country, with what have heard it's a good country bro.. the minimum wage is so on point

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jegz1: 9:23am On May 16, 2017
Good morning house, please I'd like to know if anyone is also having delay in his/her student visa.
I lodged my application 15th April and got mail requesting for additional information 26th April, having submitted the information same day and clicking the button made available on the immi site, I'm yet to receive feedback as regards my application so I'm wondering if I'm supposed to send a notification mail informing them I've submitted the requested document or it is a general delay in issuing grants. Thanks in anticipation of useful information.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by amebostudent: 10:20am On May 16, 2017
do they accept fixed account as proof of fund?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babajigga(m): 10:38am On May 16, 2017
Jegz1:
Good morning house, please I'd like to know if anyone is also having delay in his/her student visa.
I lodged my application 15th April and got mail requesting for additional information 26th April, having submitted the information same day and clicking the button made available on the immi site, I'm yet to receive feedback as regards my application so I'm wondering if I'm supposed to send a notification mail informing them I've submitted the requested document or it is a general delay in issuing grants. Thanks in anticipation of useful information.

What school is that and did u use an agent?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 10:58am On May 16, 2017
ideamaster:

The Graduate entry for nursing is cheaper and shorter so that's one advantage of going to Adelaide. However, part of visa condition 8105 says you can't work until your study starts. Coming early would only give you the advantage of completing your aged care or disability training, getting familiar with the city and applying for jobs. Studying in Australia is intensive from day 1 so it can be stressful combining it doing all the trainings and trying to settle down.

Between Adelaide and Darwin, you may have to do your own research. On Seek.com.au, you can filter to each cities and look at the numbers. You can also filter to the classifications you are interested in and compare the opportunities. Some jobs are also posted on Gumtree.com.au. You can also look up cost of accommodation on Gumtree or flatmates.

Searching Cert IV aged care training in Darwin/Adelaide would most likely give you results where you can check duration and prices.
yes I think adelaide would be better because it's cheaper and shorter,I searched aged care training in darwin and found nothing.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 11:01am On May 16, 2017
babajigga:

I have a friend in Darwin and he said life in Darwin is good and there are jobs dere
i heard something different..but south Australia is worst sha...God gelp me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.