Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,421 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:10 PM

Alexa Chung Teases A First Glimpse Of Her New Fashion Line - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Alexa Chung Teases A First Glimpse Of Her New Fashion Line (339 Views)

Dark Skin Girl Bullied For Her Dark Skin Build A Fashion Line / Our Buttocks A New Fashion Accessory? / Tailors Wanted In New Kids Ankara Fashion Line In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alexa Chung Teases A First Glimpse Of Her New Fashion Line by marieprom(f): 12:33pm On May 08, 2017
Alexa Chung has this morning released a first look at her new fashion label, which officially opens for business on 30th May.

The teasers include a new website, logo, and an Instagram account for the Alexachung clothing line, as well as a video of the British presenter-turned-designer modelling a clutch of key styles from the collection - which is expected to span 100-plus pieces including shoes, ready-to-wear and jewellery when it is released in its entirety later this month.

Fans will no doubt be starting their shopping lists now as Chung begins to pepper pieces from the offering onto her social media accounts, building up to the full unveiling on the 30th.

In the Dressage video, which was shot by Australian filmmakers Daniel and Lorin Askil and sees the Vogue contributing editor riding a white stallion, Chung wears a white ruffle-collar blouse, her initials appearing to be woven subtly into the jacquard, with a gingham plaid riding jacket and white jeans.

In a separate set of images lensed by Chad Moore, Chung wears another blouse made of the same embossed silk fabric, this time in a button-down style.

The silhouettes that she’s revealed are true to the design signatures that she demonstrated when working on her Marks and Spencer Archive collection - the pie-crust collared ‘Harry’ blouse being a bestseller, after Chung wore it in the pre-launch promotional imagery. Britishness has always been important to the former Popworld presenter’s style ethos, and trench coats, tweeds and tea dresses are all expected to make their way into the range.

The debut Alexachung collection will be stocked at Matchesfashion, Selfridges, MyTheresa, Galeries LaFayette and SSENSE initially, as well as on the new designer’s website. Chung says that she hopes the collection will sit on the ‘contemporary’ floors at department stores; being made of higher quality materials than those you might typically find on the high street, but not stretching to the high price points of designer lines.

“I’m not making something that has got a crazy high price point,” Chung told BoF when she announced that she would be starting her own fashion venture. “I want to make sure it’s something that is speaking to just everyone on the street.”

“I feel as though I’m kind of prepared to do it now. If it had been any time sooner than this, I either wouldn’t be responsible enough or have been able to take on this kind of feat.”Read more at:http://www.marieprom.co.uk/purple-prom-dresses | http://www.marieprom.co.uk/yellow-prom-dresses

(1) (Reply)

I Need A U-20 Embroiding Machine. / PROMO: Bulk SMS Marketing Nigeria / Face And Skin Beauty Care Product

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.