Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,812 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) (37635 Views)

Inspection Of Passengers’ Manifests At Onitsha Head-Bridge (Photos) / The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: What Ibadan Railway Axis Looks Like - Photo Documentary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) by Deepfreezer(m): 8:30pm On May 08, 2017
Someone said if this is what the yoruba nation gain from voting Buhari so be it. Hahhahahhahah
Re: Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 08, 2017
potent5:

And who says you can't convey farm produce through electric train. I know you want to remain in the 19th century or better still remain a caveman. That's your choice, but please allow others to move on.

If there is nothing modern about the work why not just say they are doing rehabilitation work on it and we'll understand.

What you see in the picture is Amaechi riding the existing old cape gauge train line and cars.
The Project Amaechi is inspecting which is the new standard gauge,that will be complemented with new rail cars of the same or better standard compared to the newly completed Abuja - Kaduna rail was only flagged off last month and will take 2 to 3 years before completion.
I hope you understand now.
Re: Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 08, 2017
Deepfreezer:
Someone said if this is what the yoruba nation gain from voting Buhari so be it. Hahhahahhahah
What you see in the picture is Amaechi riding the existing old cape gauge train line and cars.
The Project Amaechi is inspecting which is the new standard gauge,that will be complemented with new rail cars of the same or better standard compared to the newly completed Abuja - Kaduna rail was only flagged off last month and will take 2 to 3 years before completion.
I hope you understand now..
Re: Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) by LordVoldemort(m): 9:02pm On May 08, 2017
potent5:

And who says you can't convey farm produce through electric train. I know you want to remain in the 19th century or better still remain a caveman. That's your choice, but please allow others to move on.

If there is nothing modern about the work why not just say they are doing rehabilitation work on it and we'll understand.

Moving from narrow gauge to standard gauge is modernization.

You made mention of electric trains how do you expect that to work with in a country that lacks power. Most trains like that are meant for inner city.
Re: Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) by Highvotage: 9:12pm On May 08, 2017
potent5:

I'm that case let them just tell us they are doing rehabilitation work on it rather than saying they are modernizing it.

The present train we are having in Nigeria is one track narrow gauge but the expected one is standard gauge and double lane which will go through the access route of the existing track.
They are not rehabilitating the existing track.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) by naijajobx: 9:26pm On May 08, 2017
they are not serious.they have abAdoned the. current road project mow off to rail
Re: Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) by potent5(m): 10:20pm On May 08, 2017
Highvotage:

The present train we are having in Nigeria is one track narrow gauge but the expected one is standard gauge and double lane which will go through the access route of the existing track.
They are not rehabilitating the existing track.
Thanks.
There's nothing modern about that. Let's just say they are expanding it or something, but definitely not modernizing it. You people just use words without knowing the meaning.

Modernization means what is in vogue, the latest.

Thank you.
Re: Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) by potent5(m): 10:22pm On May 08, 2017
LordVoldemort:

Moving from narrow gauge to standard gauge is modernization.

You made mention of electric trains how do you expect that to work with in a country that lacks power. Most trains like that are meant for inner city.

You people just use words without knowing the meaning.
Re: Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) by Akachukwu147: 6:23am On May 09, 2017
We re still far! They re showin us dis outdated project, upon say na dem de travel pass! Nigeria make we come back and stop deceivin us everyday. Look @ dia stomach deceiver.
Re: Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) by Highvotage: 10:32am On May 09, 2017
potent5:

There's nothing modern about that. Let's just say they are expanding it or something, but definitely not modernizing it. You people just use words without knowing the meaning.

Thank you.

I still maintain my stand that what they are doing is still modern as far as train is concern.
Using the corridor of existing line does not mean they are rehabilitating the existing train.
You can convince me by tell me how many nation of the World as today has the electric and Maglev train you mentioned and I will show you even with pictures how many nations that were still using this new train we are constructing.
Thanks bros.
Re: Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) by fellafella(m): 1:17pm On May 10, 2017
Belmot:
Nobody should beg me

Lol.. This guy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Animals Unwrap Christmas Gifts At South African Zoo (Pics) / Man Drowns While Riding A Jet-Ski On Ikoyi Waterways / Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.