Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,010 members, 7,799,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads (24476 Views)

Ambode's Gifts To Vulcanizers Are Springing Up All Over Lagos (PHOTOS) / My Bitter Experience With VIO Officials In Abuja - Affi Bassey / These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by alezzy13: 9:05am On May 09, 2017
TPAND:
VIO operates on a mandate higher than that of Ambode's motor vehicle policies. They are backed by a constitution. I don't see these guys leaving Lagos roads

Thank you. As I understand,, they are a federal agency. Not sure Amobode has the power to order thier removal.
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by murmee: 9:19am On May 09, 2017
That was how the Police stopped their men from erecting road blocks on the roads but the FRSC was allowed to continue stopping vehicles on city roads to ask for particulars. I think the role of the FRSC is to be on the Highways, e.g. Lagos-Ibadan express, Ore-Benin etc. to prevent accidents and rescue or assist victims of motor accidents.

The accident that claimed 26 lives on the Lagos-Ibadan express few days ago might not have happened if the FRSC men were on the spot where repairs on the road compelled vehicles from dual carriage lanes to merge into a single lane. The officers should have foreseen possible accident occurring and be there to prevent such.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Ayo25: 9:22am On May 09, 2017
This is an old news as it happens over a month ago. The VIO's are already working on returning back to the road. The media just woke up to the news.
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Iamzik: 10:13am On May 09, 2017
CioAngels:
But VIO is a Federal Government Body, so can state chase them out of the Road? It is a dificult time we are in now, but let us try to reduce the smoke that pumps out from our cars. Some of our tyres are death traps and also our side mirrors are missing, if VIOs are still doing their job as it should be, i think is for the good of all of us.

Are you a staff of VIO?
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by akuracy(m): 10:15am On May 09, 2017
Bonjoro:

You mean those bastard hiding after beckly estate gate?
wow my neighbour. How's Beckley?
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by ChristyB(f): 10:17am On May 09, 2017
Happy Birthday, wishing you all the best in your new year.

mayorjosh:
Ope oo

This VIO sef, I wonder why they were really created.

You'll be driving jejely in ikorodu before you realize some people wearing white are flagging you down.pfffft

And they're good at generating revenue too grin

Btw it's my birthday nairalanders,show some love wink

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by WINDSOW(m): 10:59am On May 09, 2017
botad:
the probability that you will go scot free is 10!
Sir, mathematically,no probability is greater than 1.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by bunlizlaw(f): 11:11am On May 09, 2017
Wow! Praise God. I dread them a lot.
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by botad(m): 11:34am On May 09, 2017
Yes sir! Noted!

WINDSOW:
Sir, mathematically,no probability is greater than 1.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by ImaIma1(f): 12:04pm On May 09, 2017
mayorjosh:
Ope oo

This VIO sef, I wonder why they were really created.

You'll be driving jejely in ikorodu before you realize some people wearing white are flagging you down.pfffft

And they're good at generating revenue too grin

Btw it's my birthday nairalanders,show some love wink

Happy birthday. May your heart desires be granted. We may children are special...wink

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by raphaeladeyele: 12:12pm On May 09, 2017
Governor Ambode of Lagos State should not take d action, afterall d money generated goes to Govt purse
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Bonjoro: 12:35pm On May 09, 2017
akuracy:
wow my neighbour. How's Beckley?

lol Beckly dey there, which side you dey stay for abule egba?
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by oracle009(m): 12:49pm On May 09, 2017
Thanks so much. I have been able to raise it
Cc: Seun, lalasticlala, SirJeffery etc
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by sshalom(m): 1:04pm On May 09, 2017
People are happy due to the fact that there are so many terrible individuals in position of authority in this otherwise necessary agency. What the Governor should do is to conduct a retraining and reorientation for the members of staff of this organization just like what is done periodically for LASTMA.

After the training/re-orientation; all bad eggs should be flushed out without delay.
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Dollabiz: 1:06pm On May 09, 2017
For real
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by cryptocurrency(m): 1:12pm On May 09, 2017
Did u guys see where they said "temporary"?
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by bunlizlaw(f): 1:18pm On May 09, 2017
Are u one of them?
TPAND:
VIO operates on a mandate higher than that of Ambode's motor vehicle policies. They are backed by a constitution. I don't see these guys leaving Lagos roads
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by adelacuna(m): 1:25pm On May 09, 2017
I am very happy to hear this, those guys are so rude and wicked
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by ibejichizzy: 2:06pm On May 09, 2017
This set of daft illiterates are d worst employed citizens I Av ever seen..... Pls Edo state shud emulate dis. Kudoz to gov ambode

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by E2power3: 2:23pm On May 09, 2017
Lagos State VIO, were they created for private cars owners only

Until they start arresting Danfo drivers with no side mirrors, no pointers, no brake lights, shattered windscreens,etc they should remain suspended.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Aleshco: 2:52pm On May 09, 2017
Finally, I can drive anywhere. No more VIO areas. Lol
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by akuracy(m): 1:48pm On May 13, 2017
Bonjoro:

lol Beckly dey there, which side you dey stay for abule egba?
na inside Beckley estate. Elegunde street.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Car Signs You Should Not Ignore / Masters Tricycle Assembled In Abia State (Photo) / Water Or Coolant For Radiator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.