Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City (42016 Views)

A Nice 10 Flats Of 3bedroom To Let At Ikoyi, Lagos / New 8 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Construction In Enugu City / 10 Flats For Sale At Egbeda, Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by kenpope: 10:22am On Nov 30, 2017
@spyder880 thank you for your feedback. It will be helpful in my calculations and will keep in touch

1. The overall cost of building the whole project has not been worked out, but the cost of building the carcass (Foundation till roofing) is about N34m.

2. Due to the methods we applied, this foundation cost us about N3.8m or slightly higher.

3. The first decking cost about N3.1m or less for every material and workmanship/supervision.

The methods we are using for this house might be different from the methods planned for your own house, which might mean a higher or lower quote from your engineer. Seeing that yours is only 2 storey building, the foundation type and methods might not be as intense as what is needed for a 4 storey building. Same with the iron reinforcement. In this house we are building, we used Y20 rods for most of the works till the second floor decking according to the structural specifications approved by the government. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by Fhemmmy: 3:05pm On Nov 30, 2017
Will there be an elevator in this property or how will the people on the topmost floor moved their stop in?
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by Fhemmmy: 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
Bros, how many plot of land will be needed for this?
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by spyder880(m): 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
Fhemmmy:
Will there be an elevator in this property or how will the people on the topmost floor moved their stop in?

All the houses on this neighbourhood are all 5 - 6 floors high and none of them uses a lift. grin But I think lifts are the next big boom in these areas if there will be steady power. People are ready to raise higher buildings if only there will be lifts commonly used in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by spyder880(m): 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
Fhemmmy:
Bros, how many plot of land will be needed for this?

A house this high should require a bigger land for parking of cars and general liveability, but in an environment with limited land which are very expensive, people are building in smaller spaces now. A land measuring 60 X 100ft is the minimum that will match this building.
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by Fhemmmy: 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2017
spyder880:

All the houses on this neighbourhood are all 5 - 6 floors high and none of them uses a lift. grin But I think lifts are the next big boom in these areas if there will be steady power. People are ready to raise higher buildings if only there will be lifts commonly used in Nigeria.

OK
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by Fhemmmy: 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
spyder880:

A house this high should require a bigger land for parking of cars and general liveability, but in an environment with limited land which are very expensive, people are building in smaller spaces now. A land measuring 60 X 100ft is the minimum that will match this building.

That is just one standard plot of land na . . . .
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by spyder880(m): 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2017
Fhemmmy:

Yes Sir.
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by spyder880(m): 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2017
Getting ready for the next decking which started today......

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by Dremca(m): 11:06pm On Dec 06, 2017
spyder880:
Getting ready for the next decking which started today......
2 more deckings to go. Welldone
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2017
spyder880:

1. The overall cost of building the whole project has not been worked out, but the cost of building the carcass (Foundation till roofing) is about N34m.

2. Due to the methods we applied, this foundation cost us about N3.8m or slightly higher.

3. The first decking cost about N3.1m or less for every material and workmanship/supervision.

The methods we are using for this house might be different from the methods planned for your own house, which might mean a higher or lower quote from your engineer. Seeing that yours is only 2 storey building, the foundation type and methods might not be as intense as what is needed for a 4 storey building. Same with the iron reinforcement. In this house we are building, we used Y20 rods for most of the works till the second floor decking according to the structural specifications approved by the government.
you previously said 25m now it is 34m
Pls reply am curious
Total expenditure of the 3d picture you in posted at inception
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by spyder880(m): 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2017
loneatar:
you previously said 25m now it is 34m
Pls reply am curious
Total expenditure of the 3d picture you in posted at inception

Yes we did a review of the budget after the building drawings were approved by the government. The government recommended additional reinforcement which we had to apply, raising the cost of materials and workmanship. Materials also rose in cost in the period under review.
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by spyder880(m): 6:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
Decking wooden platform in progress here.....

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by spyder880(m): 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2017
Progress.......

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by spyder880(m): 6:26am On Dec 13, 2017
Decking works in progress today. More pictures later.
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by dubemcapital(m): 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2017
spyder880:
Decking works in progress today. More pictures later.

Good job spyder hope this is the last slab?
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by spyder880(m): 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2017
dubemcapital:

Good job spyder hope this is the last slab?

There is still another slab coming.
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On Dec 15, 2017
My iron fitters has been busy working in this house ........

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by spyder880(m): 9:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
We are hoping to cast this deck before Christmas. ......

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by spyder880(m): 6:27am On Dec 23, 2017
While others are packing their bags and leaving the cities for home at Christmas, we are still here making sure of a very good work. We are concluding the cast of this suspended slab in this house.

2 Likes

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by Usman4: 5:29pm On Dec 23, 2017
Oga mi! Your faithful follower is here saying merry Christmas!
Sir, do you mind sharing the materials used for this level of suspension; I'm not home to oversee my little similar project.

1 Like

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by spyder880(m): 8:58pm On Dec 23, 2017
Usman4:
Oga mi! Your faithful follower is here saying merry Christmas!
Sir, do you mind sharing the materials used for this level of suspension; I'm not home to oversee my little similar project.

Thank you, I will check the materials and send to you later Sir.
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by ChimaAgbalajob: 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
spyder880:
We have arrived Onitsha, to add to the amazing lineup of beatiful structures lining the city, details of what we have come to do are as follows;

Project: Construction of a block of 10 flats of 2 bedrooms
Client: A nairalander
Contractors: Tigerkenn Homes Ltd
Budget: to be revealed later

This work starts this week, join us as we present to you, the challenges, processes and how we delivered on our promise as usual.

The 3d is a sample of how this house will look like, but not actual 3d for this particular project.

Oga Ken,
Biko i need us to talk.

I need land in a good place in 33 area near Nkwelle Ezunaka or in Awka or Enugu where i can build this type of 8 flats.

Biko i need your help so i can begin this project next year. I am also interested in a plot of land from you Estate near Elim estates for a private home. Biko let me know how we can link up.

1 Like

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by spyder880(m): 8:28am On Dec 24, 2017
ChimaAgbalajob:

Oga Ken,
Biko i need us to talk.

I need land in a good place in 33 area near Nkwelle Ezunaka or in Awka or Enugu where i can build this type of 8 flats.

Biko i need your help so i can begin this project next year. I am also interested in a plot of land from you Estate near Elim estates for a private home. Biko let me know how we can link up.

I will be very much available both now and early in the year to select a land for you and help you start and complete the building. That's my job.

Just choose a city, should I concentrate of Onitsha, Awka or Enugu to get a good land? As soon as I get response from you, the search will begin. Call or WhatsApp me on 0803 335 0850.
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by ChimaAgbalajob: 5:46am On Dec 25, 2017
spyder880:

I will be very much available both now and early in the year to select a land for you and help you start and complete the building. That's my job.

Just choose a city, should I concentrate of Onitsha, Awka or Enugu to get a good land? As soon as I get response from you, the search will begin. Call or WhatsApp me on 0803 335 0850.

Oga m,
Thanks you very much.
The three cities are fine. Even Asaba is okay. I will naturally have bias for Enugu and Asaba, but please take into consideration the land which is both strategic and cheaper. My concern is usually cost of land which can sometimes burn a deep hole in one's pocket unless you are careful with it.
Since it will be an 8 flat type of house, land closer to public transport routes will also be beneficial in making a choice among these cities.

4 Likes

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by megacontrol(m): 8:51am On Dec 29, 2017
Perhaps the planning permit approval agency in Onitsha is not as strict as Lagos.
As can be seen in the neighborhood, high rise seem to be the norm w/out provision for adequate parking and elevator.
Not sure this will fly in Lagos for such 5-6 story buildings with 8-10 or more dwelling units.

At the end of the day,if the plan is approved then the builder goes ahead to execute.
This seems like a big project, the speed and accuracy is commendable. cheers!

spyder880:

Yes Sir.

Fhemmmy:

spyder880:

1 Like

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by Fhemmmy: 2:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
megacontrol:
Perhaps the planning permit approval agency in Onitsha is not as strict as Lagos.
As can be seen in the neighborhood, high rise seem to be the norm w/out provision for adequate parking and elevator.
Not sure this will fly in Lagos for such 5-6 story buildings with 8-10 or more dwelling units.

At the end of the day,if the plan is approved then the builder goes ahead to execute.

Thanks for your great comment . . . . .Can you tell us what will fly in Lagos, just for us all to learn and widen our scope of knowledge sir

1 Like

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by spyder880(m): 3:09pm On Dec 29, 2017
Fhemmmy:

Thanks for your great comment . . . . .Can you tell us what will fly in Lagos, just for us all to learn and widen our scope of knowledge sir

Thank you. I want to learn how it is in Lagos, planning a similar project in Lagos soon.
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by megacontrol(m): 6:15pm On Dec 29, 2017
1/ I know for certain that as par car parking you are required to show provision of minimum 2 cars per apartment. So for this 10units, your plan should indicate minimum of 20 car park slots.
For this size of land (if it’s 1 plot as mentioned) and number of units,the common practice is to leave the whole ground floor for parking.

2/ As per evelator requirement, I’m not quite sure what the cut-off point is but I think anything above 5 floors ( GF inclusive)

3/ other requirements are minimum 6m set back in front, 3m set back in rear, 1.5m or so to the sides etc.

There are lot more but these are some of the key min requirements for approval as applicable to this kind of development, whether you now follow those on site is a different thing entirely.

Fhemmmy:

spyder880:

Thank you. I want to learn how it is in Lagos, planning a similar project in Lagos soon.

1 Like

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by Fhemmmy: 10:36pm On Dec 30, 2017
megacontrol:
1/ I know for certain that as par car parking you are required to show provision of minimum 2 cars per apartment. So for this 10units, your plan should indicate minimum of 20 car park slots.
For this size of land (if it’s 1 plot as mentioned) and number of units,the common practice is to leave the whole ground floor for parking.

2/ As per evelator requirement, I’m not quite sure what the cut-off point is but I think anything above 5 floors ( GF inclusive)

3/ other requirements are minimum 6m set back in front, 3m set back in rear, 1.5m or so to the sides etc.

There are lot more but these are some of the key min requirements for approval as applicable to this kind of development, whether you now follow those on site is a different thing entirely.

This is great and awesome BUT i am almost certain, that is all on papers and in reality, people will still do what they wanna do, and besides, are you telling me that most of the government workers now dont look away with brown envelopes? Please dont get me wrong, i will love to see more parking in houses BUT in a country where everyone to his/her own, it will take more than what is on papers

Again, thanks for this great insight, we all learn daily sir
Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by Fhemmmy: 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2017
spyder880:

Yimu, you already know it ALL joooooo

1 Like

Re: New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City by Badgers14: 11:50pm On Dec 30, 2017
megacontrol:

I totally agree with you. We all know Nigeria is sort of like a lawless state but in Onitsha especially it is very disgraceful. When you go to some areas and see how their buildings are.. No space at all.

Areas like Awada Obosi, you will see a 6 storey building on a 50x100 plot of land. The stair case very tiny. No parking space at all, people have to park their cars by the road side.

As far as building approvals go, I was told, " this is rental property, just do whatever they tell you in the office and get your approval then you can go out build whatever you want, the govt just want to cover themselves". This came from an official in the Ministry of urban development.

The ministry never visits sites to make sure people are following the building plan. The PLACE that i know that does visit sites is F.C.T.

As far as Onitsha goes, the tenants don't really care, they just want a house close to their shops, church and school. Lot's of things that happen in Onitsha can never happen in nearby Asaba. Prospective Tenants will give you an earfull.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire / Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf Demolishes Buildings Approved By Ganduje (Video) / Building A 2 Bedroom Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.