Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Imo-awka Festival Makes Nonsense Of The Two Days Public Holiday Declared By Govt - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Imo-awka Festival Makes Nonsense Of The Two Days Public Holiday Declared By Govt (1372 Views)

Isese Day: Osun declares Tuesday public holiday for traditional worshippers / Isese Festival: Osun Declares Monday Public Holiday / Ooni Of Ife Arrives Awka In Grand Style For Obiano Inauguration- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Imo-awka Festival Makes Nonsense Of The Two Days Public Holiday Declared By Govt by sweetsandy4luv(f): 10:26am On May 09, 2017
AWKA THE VILLAGE CAPITAL OF ANAMBRA STATE:

How Imo-Awka Festival Will Make Nonsense Of The Two Days Public Holiday Declared By The State Government - Obitube Nnaemeka

May I kindly bring to the notice of all visitors to Anambra state that today will be a risky and bad gamble coming into Awka the village capital of Anambra State.

Today makes the first official commencement of the deadly and violent IMO AWKA TRADITIONAL FESTIVAL OF MASQUERADES where youths walk the streets, nook and cranny of the Village capital with sticks, canes, guns, machete and various dangerous weapon's of all sorts and public dastardly drinking to stupor by the kids, the young, the elders and even the old of the Awka dynasty in the name of the above mentioned traditional festival's.

Many books and symposiums has been written and organized on how better to preserve our good old cultural heritage, yet the situation gets worse and messier.

I make bold to say with fear or favour based on logistics and based on facts on ground that Awka the village capital will not be safe for anybody, any visitor or any non indigene of Awka from today till Sunday pending the end of the deadly IMO AWKA MASQUERADE FESTIVAL.

The level of havoc these kids unleash on innocent people in the name of this festival leaves less to be desired about any hope for the survival of our rich igbo cultural heritage.

On a second thought: #justASK your self- "Of what use is the two days public holidays declared by the state government"

To enable civil servants obtain their PVC by participating in the CVR. Now, let's do the analogy together.
Awka the village capital has more than75% of its population as non indigenes true/false? Now civil servants residence in Awka constitutes a large chunk of the number.

Now the IMO AWKA MASQUERADE FESTIVAL for those very conversant with it knows how brutal those boys on the street's can be, now today may be milled and suffice me to say some can manage and find their way to the accredited centre's for the CVR and may be or may not succeed or otherwise, today been Tuesday the last day for the public holiday is the D-Day of the festival, I bet you no Centre in Awka will register anybody today.

It would have been understandable if the public holidays were declared in solidarity to the IMO AWKA MASQUERADE FESTIVAL because based on logistics that is what it seems to after some reports from some friend's about their encounter with the IMO Awka boys in their Streets.

#QuoteMe: "Whoever that must have advised the government on this choice of date for the CVR holidays MUST be an Awka man or their representative.

I will urge the state government to reconsider another two days public holidays and that must be after we must have seen a dare seriousness on the part of INEC to really embark on this exercise because from reports from all LGA in the state is just business as usual.

Please I humbly pray all good and law abiding citizens in the state to remain law abiding and stay away from any act consequence of bridging peace in Anambra state.

The state government and the Commissioner of police should please double up efforts to secure our Village capital while this festival last.

If I have any business with you in Awka, I will be embarking on a health sabbatical till next week Monday been 15/4/2017.

Thank you and God bless Anambra State.

More photos from Imo Awka here>>>http://www.newsflashngr.com/2017/05/09/how-imo-awka-festival-will-make-nonsense-of-the-two-days-public-holiday-declared-by-the-state-government-by-obitube-nnaemeka/

(1) (Reply)

One Problem With Some Igbo People Of Nigeria. By John Chizoba Vincent / I Don't Like Nigerians?? / What Is Ur Opinion On Males Chewing Gum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.