Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Tales Of A 200 Level Fresher - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of A 200 Level Fresher (729 Views)

Tales Of Abigail / Submit A 200-word Synopsis Of Your Book, Get Featured On EF / Tales Of A College Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tales Of A 200 Level Fresher by 3mmanhu3l(m): 10:59am On May 09, 2017
Chairman, show.... Our Bros say he go like align with you. Those words sent shivers down my spine and rightly so because it was 12:02 am on a cold Tuesday morning, and the summon I had just received was from two guys that were at least twice my height ( 5'7 is not exactly tall ). You might ask what I was doing outside at that time of the night. The thing is, I was actually reading in a night class and I have this nasty habit of getting hungry around that time. I went out to get bread and egg ( mishai, for those that know ) and as I was about to collect my change, the two gentlemen that have been described in the first paragraph approached me. Don't get me wrong, this was not an Ekosodin level summon ( for those that know... If you don't, google it ) this particular one happened at a place we have all come to know as June 12 , a place that we can all agree is relatively safe ( except you're caught stealing and you run through that place ) and quite open. I accepted the invitation to sit and 'align' with our Bros, needless to say ( but I'm still saying ), I accepted it reluctantly. We were sat in the middle of June 12 and if I tell you I was not terrified, Sango would probably direct thunder to strike me. There is a reason the guy was referred to as their 'Bros'. Remember I said the other guys were at least twice my height? This Bros was twice twice my height ( its not a typo, you didn't read that wrong ). His goons ( gentlemen, if you like ) were moving up and down, perhaps watching out for school security, while we spoke. Bros started out by showing me his wristwatch of pure gold. In hindsight, the authenticity was a bit questionable ( but I doubt you'll be thinking of original gold wrist watches if you were in my position). He went ahead to tell me that his car was parked somewhere around and that he has a fair amount of money in his account. 'Which level you dey'? , he asked.. Like a fool, I replied and said 'Bros na 200 level I dey'. He then rephrased the question and asked again 'which LEVEL you déy'? ( not much of a rephrase there )
At that moment, I realized he didn't mean level level ( you didn't read that wrong, try saying it out... It sounds cooler that way ) he meant level of a word that rhymes with bult ( I dinnuh say anything o ). I then said sheepishly 'Bros, I no dey any level o'. He smiled and told me that he wanted to take me to drink beer and know MEN at Anatomy gate ( who drinks beer by 12 am on a Tuesday ?). I humbly, with all humility and humblement humanly possible, declined his invitation as I am not exactly a fan of beer ( it's bitter nawh ) and I was just 19 so knowing MEN was not on my list of priorities. Bros went on a full scale charm offensive. He told me that 'knowing men' would give me money, girls and ironically, protection. He was like 'chairman, you no need protection?' I looked at him, scared as I was, and said 'Bros, I don dey this school for one year now, I never need protection. No be now I go need am'. The Bros was taken aback a bit but went on and on and on about his gold wrist watch and his parked car. I was scared of the Bros, but more importantly, I was scared of my parents. I am an only son, if their minds tell them that I joined a Fult (no typo), that will be the end of my sojourn in Benin city. After every effort to convince me proved futile, the Bros turned hostile. He said they took people by force and that my opinion counted for little if they actually meant to take me. He said they'll pity me because of my innocent face and let me go but that I had to drop something for men to use and 'bottle' themselves. Now I was really terrified. I dipped my hand into my pocket and brought out the first piece of currency I could find ( a moment of silence for my 1000 naira ) and handed it over to Bros. He smiled and said I had done well and that if I knew anyone who was interested in knowing MEN, I should contact him. He scribbled his phone number on a piece of paper and gave it to me then he went his way ( to drink beer I reckon ). I discarded the paper after he had left the scene and went back to night class. My appetite was lost and I couldn't even read that night.
I just packed my bags went to my hostel, quietly entered my room without greeting anyone and slept until the next day. I woke up the next morning feeling like a complete fool.I pride myself on being able to outsmart a lot of people, but I had just been duped by a bunch of posers I had just been duped for the simple reason that I was a scared little bish. I have to give it to them, the scam was quite elaborate, it was the type of scam that you'd be more than happy to lose your money for. It would convince anybody. That fateful night, I was the mumu. It is certainly not going to happen again. I still see Bros sometimes. One time he even asked if I remembered him. I just pretended I didn't. I don't have one thousand naira to use as mugu dues abeg. Thunder will fire Bros wherever he is.
Re: Tales Of A 200 Level Fresher by devilmaycry: 1:24pm On May 09, 2017
guy....mind ursef come continue oo
Re: Tales Of A 200 Level Fresher by 3mmanhu3l(m): 4:00pm On May 09, 2017
devilmaycry:
guy....mind ursef come continue oo
meaning

(1) (Reply)

Please Can You Name This Book? / My Virgin Maid (Chapter 1) / Internet Business Solely From Your Mailbox With Low Startup Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.