Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan (39630 Views)

Poll: who do you think will get killed in this season?

Jack Bauer: 20% (9 votes)
Chloe: 17% (8 votes)
Cole: 15% (7 votes)
Charles Logan: 46% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread / DOWNLOAD SERIES: “24″ Season 9 Episode 9 & 10 / 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by cabali(m): 11:20pm On Jan 09, 2010
Yeah! the wait is coming to a close!

On Sunday the 17th, we will get to watch 2 episodes (or hrs) of the show back to back! You can check out the trailer to get you encouraged to wait a bit more with patience for what seems to be the final season of the show.

http://www.fox.com/24/ gives you as much info as they can give about the show.

cant wait!!!
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by puskin: 6:00am On Jan 10, 2010
Great news!! So the wait has finally come to its last hour.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by justkunmi(m): 2:02pm On Jan 10, 2010
Been.waiting.for.months. .!
Surely.its.goin.to.be.the.last.season. .

So.I'm.guessing.Jack.might.die. .
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by semid4lyfe(m): 5:29pm On Jan 10, 2010
Peeps shouldn't start off watching series films with 24 cos it's makes you less keen to watch others and even when you do, they seem boring grin tongue
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by Wilfem(m): 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2010
For me I'm using this medium and opportunity to pledge to give download links to the episodes, but I'll need to know which one the people actually need most, I mean whether it is .avi format or mobile phones optimized formats. But in the mean time, I'll advise some of us to get a Rapidshare premium account 'cos that's the fastest means of getting those episodes downloaded from the internet. Till then
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by cabali(m): 6:54pm On Jan 10, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Peeps shouldn't start off watching series films with 24 cos it's makes you less keen to watch others and even when you do, they seem boring grin tongue

exactly what I am facing.

Wilfem:

For me I'm using this medium and opportunity to pledge to give download links to the episodes, but I'll need to know which one the people actually need most, I mean whether it is .avi format or mobile phones optimized formats. But in the mean time, I'll advise some of us to get a Rapidshare premium account 'cos that's the fastest means of getting those episodes downloaded from the internet. Till then

here we go again wilfem. Good work in the past.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by semid4lyfe(m): 8:45pm On Jan 10, 2010
cabali:

exactly what I am facing.
Ol boy, shey u remember how we take rock season 7 for here? grin I bin think sey me dey fanatical and like 24 die but I get one friend wey dey FAAAAAAAANAAAAAATICAAAAL about 24. Na so the guy go dey holla me on top phone during that time wey season 7 dey run say 'Guy, how far? Shey u don get am? If I tell am YES, na so the guy go branch my place from work for nite to collect the thing with flashdrive. grin Ol boy, when the Season 7 end, the guy wan die. I just tell am say make im chill sey Season 8 go start for January 2010. On the 1st of this year, na so the guy holla me talk 'Chairman, how far na? When the thing go start na? grin Shebi, we go do dey do am like season 7? grin

cabali:

here we go again wilfem. Good work in the past.
Wilfem, good work for Season 7! Me sef go try dey play support striker dey supply download links for the thread. I don even watch the trailer preview for the 1st episode of season 8 for youtube. We go rock 24 together for here. No shaking!
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by cabali(m): 10:47pm On Jan 10, 2010
semid4lyfe:

I don even watch the trailer preview for the 1st episode of season 8 for youtube.

drop the link. . . .
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by semid4lyfe(m): 11:13pm On Jan 10, 2010
Na em be this. It's just 45 seconds.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=399Hiwua0J4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="[/flash]
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by semid4lyfe(m): 11:20pm On Jan 10, 2010
This one is longer( 4:28 sec) but obviously pir@ted cos it ain't as clear as the 1st preview I posted angry wink

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuHvEGXRFmU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="[/flash]
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by cabali(m): 11:41pm On Jan 10, 2010
cool man cool
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by semid4lyfe(m): 12:13am On Jan 11, 2010
More on 24 Season 8
Guys, you remember Anil Kapoor, the guy who anchored the 'who wants to be a millionaire show' in Slumdog Millionaire? He'd be making his American tv debut in Season 8 of 24. He's gonna appear in 16 episodes.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118002098.html?categoryId=19&cs=1
'Slumdog's' Kapoor to star on '24'
Indian actor to make U.S. TV debut on show

Indian film star Anil Kapoor, who made waves here as the game show host in "Slumdog Millionaire," is next looking to make a similar splash on U.S. small screens.

Kapoor, who just signed with ICM, has sealed a deal to star as a regular next year on the eighth season of Fox's "24."

Thesp will play a leader from the Mideast who comes to the U.S. for a peacekeeping mission.

Role would rep the American TV debut for Kapoor, who has appeared in nearly 100 Hindi films over 25 years.

Kapoor played Prem Kumar, the host of India's version of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," in the Academy Award-winning "Slumdog Millionaire."

http://www.digitalspy.com/cult/s9/24/news/a194094/anil-kapoor-extends-24-contract.html
Anil Kapoor extends '24' contract
Anil Kapoor has had his contract for American TV series 24 extended by six episodes.

The actor, who found fame in the US after starring in worldwide hit Slumdog Millionaire, was contracted for just ten episodes but the show's bosses have now increased the deal to 16.

"Initially I was under contract for just ten episodes. Then seeing the way my role developed, they decided to have me in 16 episodes," Kapoor told Real Bollywood.

"I must say I was as happy with the whole experience as I was with Slumdog Millionaire."

Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by larayat(f): 12:26am On Jan 11, 2010
cool.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by semid4lyfe(m): 12:32am On Jan 11, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_(season_8)

24 (season cool
Season Eight, also known as Day 8, of the American serial television series 24 began shooting on May 27, 2009, and will premiere on January 17th, 2010 following the pattern of the show since season four

Plot
The story arc will involve Jack Bauer contending with assassination threats made during a peace conference between President of the United States Allison Taylor and President Omar Hassan of the fictional Islamic Republic of Kamistan.

The series will relocate to New York and see the re-activation of CTU's New York Office, but while there originally were no plans for filming in New York due to budget constraints, some scenes were shot on-location.

The plotline will begin and end at 4:00 P.M.

It has been revealed that Gregory Itzin will reprise his role as former President Charles Logan near the end of the season.

Main cast
Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer
Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brian
Anil Kapoor as Kamistan President Omar Hassan
Annie Wersching as Renee Walker
Mykelti Williamson as head of New York CTU Brian Hastings
Katee Sackhoff as Dana Walsh
Chris Diamantopoulos as White House Chief of Staff Rob Weiss
John Boyd as Arlo Glass
with Freddie Prinze, Jr. as Cole Ortiz
and Cherry Jones as President Allison Taylor

Supporting cast
David Anders as Josef Bazhaev
Nazneen Contractor as Kayla Hassan
Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer
Bob Gunton as Secretary of State Ethan Kanin
Gregory Itzin as Charles Logan
Frank John Hughes as Secretary of Homeland Security Tim Woods
Domenick Lombardozzi as John Mazoni
Benito Martinez as Victor Aruz
Callum Keith Rennie as Vladimir Laitanan
Stephen Root as Ben Prady
Paul Wesley as Stephen
Jennifer Westfeldt as Meredith Reed
Johnny Wu as Phillip Lu

Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by cabali(m): 8:01pm On Jan 11, 2010
whoa! mouth watering information. Now I just cannot wait for it to kick start.

But I have this feeling Jacj Bauer is going to be killed cos there is no way the show will stop until he is stopped!! lol!
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by semid4lyfe(m): 11:32pm On Jan 11, 2010
cabali:

whoa! mouth watering information. Now I just cannot wait for it to kick start.

But I have this feeling Jacj Bauer is going to be killed cos there is no way the show will stop until he is stopped!! lol!
Yeah, there is a buzz that this may be the last season of the series film and the producers are thinking of making a feature film after the 8th season.

Read below and make up your mind

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/24-end-season-nine/
24: FOX Prez Says TV Series May End Soon; No Season Nine?
Is the clock finally running out for Jack Bauer? According to Kevin Reilly, Fox Entertainment President, this season may be the last for Kiefer Sutherland’s oft-tortured hero.

At the recent TV Critic’s summer press tour, Reilly told iFmagazine that the upcoming season is the last one under the show’s current contract. And while Sutherland remains committed to the show, Reilly is unsure of its future.

“It’s our last contractual season of 24,” Reilly said. “There are a lot of moving parts, so we’re not sure what will happen after that.”

He continued, “We haven’t made any decision whether it’s back or not [after this upcoming season]. The producers are passionate, Kiefer is passionate and we don’t have any of them looking to jump ship. It's a show we are really proud of.”

Reilly concluded that, “It’s going to come down to a businessdecision. It’s not an inexpensive show on the network books and we also want to finish strong. This is not a show we want to prop up. It will be a whole creative and business discussion and something we’ll have to deal with over the next few months.”

Admittedly the show’s numbers have slipped a bit in the last couple seasons — from a high of 13.78 million in season five to 12.62 million in season seven — but did place 20th in overall viewers this year. In the end, it may be just too expensive for the network, especially considering that the contracts are up for renewal. Though the commercials for 24 are, next to American Idol, the most expensive in primetime, the network’s ad sales are also down about 16% from last year.

Reilly maintained that the show might still continue after next year but his initial comments align with the plans of 24 Executive Producer Howard Gordon. He wants to take Jack Bauer and company to theaters and, earlier this year, Gordon said, “My hope is to go [shoot the feature film] after the eighth season. That’s sort of what we’re aiming for. I think that a big-screen 24 will be a fitting send off for Jack.”

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/01/26/24-exclusive-ki/
'24' exclusive: Kiefer Sutherland calling it a day?
Good news for terrorists everywhere: With just one more year left on Kiefer Sutherland’s 24 contract, there’s a very real possibility that Jack Bauer’s career as the world’s foremost savior may end next season. And while Sutherland says he’s undecided as to whether day 8 will be his last, he’s watching the clock in a way he never has before.

“I don’t think about [the end of 24] a lot, but I did this year for the first time,” he confesses. “It was one of those weird moments where the stage was unusually quiet; it was like a ghost town. I was looking around [thinking] about all the work that went into building this thing and it hit me: This will end one day, and I’m going to be sad about it. “Whether season 8 is the end or not, I don’t know,” he continues. “I love making the show, so I’m leaving my options open. And in all fairness, I think the audience will dictate that more than anybody.”

In the meantime, perhaps even more critical than determining when Jack will pack it in is how. “There are two obvious choices: Jack dies, or Jack finally has a happy ending,” suggests executive producer Evan Katz. “It’s actually an interesting discussion as to which would be more faithful to the show and more rewarding for the audience. Because if we give him a happy ending, part of the audience would be mad at us for doing what is easy.
And if we kill him, they would be mad at us for a different reason altogether.”

There are also the bean counters at 20th Century Fox to consider; they’ll need Jack alive if there’s to be a 24 movie franchise (as many expect there will be). “Kiefer and I have always said, ‘Jack Bauer’s gotta die,’” says fellow EP and frequent director Jon Cassar. “But then the idea of a 24 movie came up and we went, ‘Oh, okay, maybe not.’ “I always joke that Jack dies and they discover he’s been the terminator the whole time,” Cassar adds with a laugh. “That’s why he never died [and] why he can’t stay in relationships. And then they take another Jack Bauer off the rack and send him out into the world. It makes a lot of sense, but I don’t think it’ll happen.”
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by cabali(m): 8:07pm On Jan 12, 2010
If they are going to do a movie, I think they should get a fast paced director and visual effects team to give it a final blow-away.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by Lenny9000(m): 1:56am On Jan 13, 2010
Thank you so much for posting this! I am the biggest 24 fan in the world! Though I don’t watch it like others cos i cant wait till the next week to see the next episode. So I always wait till its out on DVD (take a lot of discipline to do that) then I watch 4episodes at once, I have all 7seasons on DVD and re-watch them often lol! Am so excited about season 8 and the better not kill him o! Cos I will really be depressed if that happens, the end of season7 was hard for me as it is, so they better leave him alive grin grin
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by cabali(m): 1:17pm On Jan 13, 2010
You mean you will wait till after at least 20 weeks?? grin shocked

U cannot be the greatest fan. The greatest fan will follow the show on paper, news, online for every episode as it unfolds. cool

U a good fan but not the greatest wink
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by semid4lyfe(m): 10:13pm On Jan 13, 2010
cabali:

You mean you will wait till after at least 20 weeks?? grin shocked

U cannot be the greatest fan. The greatest fan will follow the show on paper, news, online for every episode as it unfolds. cool

U a good fan but not the greatest wink
True! You no lie. I skipped my lectures in school to watch Season 5 on DVD in a day grin grin Immediately it finished and Jack was kidnapped by the Chinese, I ran out of my house, jumped on a Bike and went to the nearest video store to buy the Season 6 and I watched that through the night without sleeping and when season 7 was running, I downloaded and watched the episodes weekly & followed and contributed on the season 7 thread on Nairaland regularly. Now, that's what I call been a great fan of 24 grin cheesy It's even evident from my post here na wink
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by lynxnoon(m): 9:48pm On Jan 14, 2010
my guy u r seeing one of the greatest 24 fan here, moi, lol
Let me start by saying:
----- Renee Walker will be released from prison to help & she will be as ruthless like jack
------- Chloe wont die in this season
------- from the look of thins now i dont tink jack will die. . . , hmmmm maybe nearly undecided grin
MEN!! cant wait d 17th, chei too far oh angry sad
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by semid4lyfe(m): 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2010
lynxnoon:

my guy u r seeing one of the greatest 24 fan here, moi, lol
Let me start by saying:
----- Renee Walker will be released from prison to help & she will be as ruthless like jack
------- Chloe wont die in this season
------- from the look of thins now i dont tink jack will die. . . , hmmmm maybe nearly undecided grin
Lol. . . . .Shey na you act this 24? grin Anyway, welcome! We go rock the season 8 together for here.
lynxnoon:

MEN!! cant wait d 17th, chei too far oh angry sad
You no lie! That 17th too far IMO too.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by cabali(m): 12:41am On Jan 15, 2010
Just 48 hrs fellas!!

Besides we just might get to have it on saturday evening;
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by Obinoscopy(m): 1:22am On Jan 15, 2010
Watch out for Season 9,10,11,12. . . . . lol
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by rubber321: 8:23am On Jan 15, 2010
Yeah and just two days are left now and these 2 days looks like 2 years to me.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by cabali(m): 9:33am On Jan 15, 2010
I can wait. . . . .
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by semid4lyfe(m): 2:17pm On Jan 15, 2010
rubber321:

Yeah and just two days are left now and these 2 days looks like 2 years to me.
The waiting is killing me grin
cabali:

I can wait. . . . .
Me too
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by ellab(f): 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2010
Kai,men.oda series no go sweet again.
Make jack no die Abeg.
On 2nd thought,make e die sef so i fit watch odas.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by ellab(f): 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2010
Damn.17th come sharp sharp.
I hope dat gal wit glasses wey sabi computer lik chloe o brian no go Dey oh.i dislike her.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by OMOLA2010: 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2010
pls any information of o.o.u post ume date or Admission List of 2009/2010

pls send it to LENKULS07@YAHOO.COM
THANKS
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by semid4lyfe(m): 9:09pm On Jan 16, 2010
One more day to go. . . . . . . .it's almost here. . . . . . . . 17th abeg come quick jare grin grin
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by teeluv(m): 9:26pm On Jan 16, 2010
whatever they do they shouldn't invite any of the people that directed/produced prison break.
cant wait to see jack bauer back in action.

jack bauer for president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) / BBNaija: Nina’s Boyfriend Reveals Why He Deleted Her Photos / Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.