Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

How Can I Start A Small Scale 20 To 50 Birds Poultry Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Start A Small Scale 20 To 50 Birds Poultry Business? (17533 Views)

What You Must Do In Your 20’s To Avoid Regrets In Your 30’s And 40’s / How Do You Run A Poultry Business Without Running Mad? / I Want To Start Poultry Business Broiler Or Layer Which Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Start A Small Scale 20 To 50 Birds Poultry Business? by Kayordey: 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2010
Cost of birds,materials,and requirement
Re: How Can I Start A Small Scale 20 To 50 Birds Poultry Business? by igbonla(m): 12:17am On Jan 10, 2010
20 to 50 birds is no big deal; you need to go visit a farm to learn what you require and how to manage it. It's the practical you need and you can't learn that on the web.
Is this broiler or layer birds you are talking about? You need to go do attachment somewhere!

All the best.
Re: How Can I Start A Small Scale 20 To 50 Birds Poultry Business? by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 10, 2010
you have to do the legwork yourself and find out what the going price is for broilers in your area.

Poultry farms are somewhat labor intensive.

You need the chicken coops (battery cage), if you're thinking of indoor range- ie the chickens arent allowed outside. For outdoor poultry farming, you need a lot of space for them to roam in.

Chicken feed is widely available. There are different types- some will stimulate egg production while others stimulate growth.

all the best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poultry_farming

1 Like

Re: How Can I Start A Small Scale 20 To 50 Birds Poultry Business? by naijacutee(f): 11:36pm On Jan 10, 2010
Already discussed. See :

Basics of poultry rearing
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-286799.0.html
Re: How Can I Start A Small Scale 20 To 50 Birds Poultry Business? by Kayordey: 5:59pm On Jan 11, 2010
I realy app ur concern,and am able to get a basis i.e trainin,but i think i wuld b going into layers for a stat,so wt do u tink d capital wuld b for a low level poultry.
Re: How Can I Start A Small Scale 20 To 50 Birds Poultry Business? by duzz: 8:07am On Jan 12, 2010
we offer prefabricated automatic feeding/drinking poultry house optimized for Naija climate starting from:
**100m*12m*3m size chicken farm house for 25,000 broiler per flock
**60m*12m*3m size chicken farm house for 10,000 broiler per flock
**60m*6m*3m size chicken farm house for 5,000 broiler per flock
**30m*6m*3m size chicken farm house for 2,500 broiler per flock
shipping in 20-30day from order

We also offer layer house starting from 5000 bird house and above, and also feed mill and incubator from small to tunnel incubators

broiler flock is normally 30-45days or 6-7 flock per year and our price is also cheap, customer provide basic foundation for the erection of the farm house, for full detail quotation contact at sales@primatronics.eu
Re: How Can I Start A Small Scale 20 To 50 Birds Poultry Business? by igbonla(m): 2:26am On Jan 13, 2010
Kayordey:

I realy app your concern,and am able to get a basis i.e trainin,but i think i wuld b going into layers for a stat,so wt do u tink d capital wuld b for a low level poultry.

Let me be hard on you a lil bit, you don't seem to want to work. A lazy person can't run a poultry in Naija especially!

Let me now make you a deal, I will provide you with 50 day old chicks and 1 month supply of chick feed IF you can work out the details of what you need to nurture the 50 birds till point of lay. You MUST provide the details with no ambiguity, I have the experience to tell if your figures are correct or not.

Over to you!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Start A Small Scale 20 To 50 Birds Poultry Business? by duzz: 8:30am On Jan 13, 2010
for prices of small to large poultry house end email to sales@primatronics.eu for detail quote
Re: How Can I Start A Small Scale 20 To 50 Birds Poultry Business? by ultrazone(m): 12:53am On Jul 23, 2014
If you need to empower yourself in fish and poultry farming free, I suggest you take a look at my signature.
Re: How Can I Start A Small Scale 20 To 50 Birds Poultry Business? by luckyAmos: 12:11pm On May 18, 2020

(1) (Reply)

FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant / Funke Opeke’s Mainone To Be Acquired For $320mn By US Giant Equinix / First Bank Admits EFCC Investigation Over ‘diezani Funds’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.