Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,516 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:00 PM

5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction (12397 Views)

Google Has 3 New Apps That Could Help Reduce Phone Addiction / 8 Free Apps That Can Break Your Smartphone Addiction / 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by Yarnvibes(f): 5:31am On May 10, 2017
An addition is basically when a thing begins to control your life and interferes with your daily activities, work and relationships. When your phone starts to do that to you, it has become an addiction you need to immediately break. Jumia Travel , the leading online travel agency, shares 5 effective ways to break a phone addiction.

The First Few Minutes of Your Day
The first way to break a phone addiction is to dedicate the first 10 to 30 minutes of your day, at least, to planning and creating a good start to your day, rather than unlocking your phone to browse various internet or social media platforms.

Create No-Phone Periods
You have to be strict with this one because this can significantly decrease your productivity and efficiency once you are unable to carry it out. If you find yourself constantly being distracted by your phone, it is necessary to create a no-phone period, where for a specific number of minutes or hours you close off your phone and stay completely dedicated to your work.

Don’t Lose Sleep Over Your Phone
Set limits. You should never allow your phone deprive you of your sleep. Be disciplined and set limits. The moment you stop putting energy into caring for your basic needs and start putting all your time and energy into your phone, you are allowing your phone dictate your health and well-being. Please stop that, your phone is not worth your health.

Customize Your Notifications
The fact is the lesser notifications you receive, the less likely you are to get distracted by your smartphone and constantly check your smartphone. Therefore, customize your smartphone notifications by turning off notifications for the apps that distract you the most.

Work on Building Real Life Relationships
Rather than spending hours building virtual relationships, try to get real and work to develop real world relationships.

Real world relationships are more physically and emotionally gratifying than virtual relationships, so try to move your relationships with people from your phone to a real world platform.

Instead of chatting, try to meet up somewhere next time (but be careful with this however and take this step with people you are without a doubt sure you can trust. The key word here is ‘without a doubt’.)

http://fabinfos.com/5-effective-ways-break-phone-addiction/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

2 Likes

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by Nobody: 5:32am On May 10, 2017
Okay...
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by littlewonders: 5:38am On May 10, 2017
Phone addiction to many Nigerians is like an addiction to pee in a day. Inherited addiction

1 Like

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by Davash222(m): 5:53am On May 10, 2017
Yarnvibes:

The First Few Minutes of Your Day
The first way to break a phone addiction is to dedicate the first 10 to 30 minutes of your day, at least, to planning and creating a good start to your day, rather than unlocking your phone to browse various internet or social media platforms.

You created this thread at exactly 05:31am. You know what that means You are addicted to your phone too.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by jericco1(m): 6:07am On May 10, 2017
Tell that to the Mods.
Some of them have spend over a year online on NL alone.
Just imagine how much time they spend on other sites, social media etc

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by Nobody: 6:30am On May 10, 2017
Its hard but possible,also i heard there's an app that combats phone addiction.
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by daamazing(m): 7:18am On May 10, 2017
Shooirr.. If not for smartphone addiction, would I be able to comment on page 0 in FP topic?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by kingobozy: 7:21am On May 10, 2017
Phone, gadgets and electronic addictions are the new epidemics that will soon plague the world. There will soon be rehabilitation centres to help this addicts.
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by Rencent(m): 7:21am On May 10, 2017
grin
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by Launcher: 7:21am On May 10, 2017
I believe only a rehabilitation center can work
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by DjAndroid: 7:22am On May 10, 2017
The only thing I do with my phone is Nairaland, is it addiction?

Proof.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by Mesutlewy(m): 7:23am On May 10, 2017
so helpful
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by hopefulLandlord: 7:25am On May 10, 2017
Davash222:

You created this thread at exactly 05:31am. You know what that means You are addicted to your phone too.

Busted!!!!

but thinking, OP might not be in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by Candyear: 7:25am On May 10, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by cr7rooney10(m): 7:26am On May 10, 2017
[quote author=directonpc post=56373448]What if ur phone addiction puts food on the table for you? [/quote) my own phone is my shop how won't I addict to it.
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by praisekeyzz(m): 7:28am On May 10, 2017
So are u suppose to post dis, this early?
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by coolestchris(m): 7:28am On May 10, 2017
Why will I wanna break the phone addiction

watch out for my new song titled "cucumber"

1 Like

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by Believe7(m): 7:28am On May 10, 2017
it can be so annoying, while ur wit ur date, nd ur busy pressing fone..

1 Share

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by Nobody: 7:28am On May 10, 2017
You have to first convince me why I should stop the addiction. undecided
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by drisluca(m): 7:30am On May 10, 2017
Am not ready for that shift yet

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by badbreathcure101: 7:33am On May 10, 2017
Phone addiction is not such a bad thing...just because Nigeria has no light doesn't mean carrying your phone up and down for charging means you are an addict....

Virtually anything can be done on the phone, to do things physically is to give yourself more stress

So you want me to travel abroad when i can view anything and everything on my phone??

Or you want me to drive hours just to say hi to someone when i can just put him/her on chat??

I am not understanding ooo.

i use two phones and i feel it's not even enough due to epileptic power supply,

3 Likes

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by Suko110(m): 7:35am On May 10, 2017
Yes daddy

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by IMASTEX: 7:35am On May 10, 2017
If it isn't for business purpose, then you are missing it.

While not be our marketer, then get value for your time spent online
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:38am On May 10, 2017
Work on building real life relationship.

Business relationship I guess.
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by tintingz(m): 7:40am On May 10, 2017
Humans are evolving in technology, so phone addiction is normal, it is a sign we're embrassing technology.

Making use of phone really exposed me to a lot of things than what our fathers and mothers didn't know during their days.

1 Like

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by sunshineV(f): 7:41am On May 10, 2017
Don't care how attracted I am to my phone, if I wanna break it I break it
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by Goldenheart(m): 7:44am On May 10, 2017
kiss
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by harffie(m): 7:44am On May 10, 2017
Davash222:

1 Like

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by justicejay(m): 7:54am On May 10, 2017
1. get a job
2. get a job
3. get a job
4. get a job
5. get a job

op those are the five ways.

1 Like

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction by SIRmanjar(m): 7:55am On May 10, 2017
Op it won't work..As long as say the phone dey ur possession you go still use am..The only way to break the addiction is by getting urself a non browsing torch light phone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Blackerry 10 (Q5,Q10,Z3,Z10,Z30) Autoloader Files. / 5 Ways To Stop Social Media Addiction / I Need A Good Power Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.