Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,163 members, 7,807,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

I’m Vindicated: [Nigerian] Banks Were Not Examined By Soludo In The last 5 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Vindicated: [Nigerian] Banks Were Not Examined By Soludo In The last 5 Years (857 Views)

Diezani: I’m Vindicated, Says Oshiomhole / Diezani: I’m Vindicated, Says Oshiomhole / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Chickens Out Of Debate Called By Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Vindicated: [Nigerian] Banks Were Not Examined By Soludo In The last 5 Years by Bokoharam: 5:23am On Jan 10, 2010
“It is sad for me to admit that since consolidation in 2005, the Central Bank did not conduct a single routine examination of the 14 banks allocated to it…. For a long time the CBN underestimated the risks building up in the system, and the gaps in our consolidation were such that we did not have a clear view of the risks and implications of activities outside our own regulatory remit being carried out by the subsidiaries.”  Sanusi said.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=163716

Today, over 10,000 (still counting) bank workers have been sacked, because Soludo was more interested in ‘egunje’ and shady deals in banks than his job of policing them. Nigerians, know the truth. Let's be armed with the correct information, not hype. This man is evil. I pray he doesn't sell off Anambra State.
Re: I’m Vindicated: [Nigerian] Banks Were Not Examined By Soludo In The last 5 Years by Kobojunkie: 5:27am On Jan 10, 2010
Sanusi disclosed that going forward, there must be recognition that Nigeria’s Vision 20:20 ambitions will remain an illusion without the country being able to reposition the banking system.
In that light, the CBN, said the apex bank chief, has gone through a comprehensive process of self-introspection and organisational review facilitated by independent third party consultants. 

One of the results of this process is a far-reaching organisational re-structure, which has created a structure that is more closely aligned to our mandate and strategy; reflective of global best practice and is more operationally efficient” he said.
The Governor also disclosed that the CBN is putting greater emphasis on enforcement of a Code of Corporate Governance for operators and regulators alike, adding that it will be adopting a number of the corporate governance standards on market discipline articulated in the recently published Walker Review.

He added that the monetary authority is considering imposing term limits for bank chiefs executives “In the hope that CEOs who have been at the helm of affairs for long will voluntarily start succession plans immediately.”

Sanusi identified the key challenges facing credit bureau in Nigeria as lack of a Unique Customer Identifier as well as the need to get the buy-in of a key number of stakeholders who will sign-up to using the bureau.

Very soon, he said, the CBN will issue circular directing banks and other financial institutions to have data exchange agreements with at least two licensed credit bureau and compulsorily obtain credit reports from them on all current and intending borrowers.

He added that the apex bank would also ensure that risk management and corporate governance tenets are strictly adhered to by licensed credit bureau and will issue guidelines to that effect.
Re: I’m Vindicated: [Nigerian] Banks Were Not Examined By Soludo In The last 5 Years by Abagworo(m): 10:31am On Jan 10, 2010
Bokoharam:

“It is sad for me to admit that since consolidation in 2005, the Central Bank did not conduct a single routine examination of the 14 banks allocated to it…. For a long time the CBN underestimated the risks building up in the system, and the gaps in our consolidation were such that we did not have a clear view of the risks and implications of activities outside our own regulatory remit being carried out by the subsidiaries.” Sanusi said.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=163716

Today, over 10,000 (still counting) bank workers have been sacked, because Soludo was more interested in ‘egunje’ and shady deals in banks than his job of policing them. Nigerians, know the truth. Let's be armed with the correct information, not hype. This man is evil. I pray he doesn't sell off Anambra State.

the level this man took the nigerian banking sector is unimaginable.he is human and cannot therefore be perfect.
Re: I’m Vindicated: [Nigerian] Banks Were Not Examined By Soludo In The last 5 Years by blacksta(m): 10:38am On Jan 10, 2010
Only if Nigeria were a stable country - People like soludo would be banged up in Jail - but it is otherwise in Nigeria - from thieves to leadership
Re: I’m Vindicated: [Nigerian] Banks Were Not Examined By Soludo In The last 5 Years by Zak: 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2010
Hello guys,

How could we be so naive and short-sighted?
Why must we crucify Soludo?

Following the current global economic meltdown,remember that without Soludo's consolidation,there would be no banks left standing for Sanusi to audit.Sanusi would have inherited failed,distressed banks.Just as in America and Europe.

Like it or not,Soludo was and remains a genius.If he were still CBN Gov,he would have handled this crisis in a manner that would not put our economy at risk.How many bank workers lost their jobs during Soludo'time?
How many are out of job today courtsey of SLS?

I'm not saying that Soludo is a saint,but he remains the best thing that has happened to our economy.That's why we need him to come home and help transform our state.

The PROFESSOR had 5 offers from intl.organizations.But he turned them domn.He doesnt want to be a global economic and academic icon when his own state is in economic and political ruins.Charity they say begins at home.
So,at least we owe him our support and understanding.

In conclusion,could you pause for a second and think of what would have happened if Nigerian banks were not consolidated in 2005? If you answer this question honestly,I put it to you that you would not find the voice to insult the erudite professor again.

Thank you.
Re: I’m Vindicated: [Nigerian] Banks Were Not Examined By Soludo In The last 5 Years by sjeezy8: 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2010
Zak:

Hello guys,

Following the current global economic meltdown,remember that without Soludo's consolidation,there would be no banks left standing for Sanusi to audit.Sanusi would have inherited failed,distressed banks.Just as in America and Europe.

Like it or not,Soludo was and remains a genius.If he were still CBN Gov,he would have handled this crisis in a manner that would not put our economy at risk.How many bank workers lost their jobs during Soludo'time?

I'm not saying that Soludo is a saint,but he remains the best thing that has happened to our economy.That's why we need him to come home and help transform our state.

The PROFESSOR had 5 offers from intl.organizations.But he turned them domn.He doesnt want to be a global economic and academic icon when his own state is in economic and political ruins.Charity they say begins at home.

In conclusion,could you pause for a second and think of what would have happened if Nigerian banks were not consolidated in 2005? If you answer this question honestly,I put it to you that you would not find the voice to insult the erudite professor again.

Thank you.

Hey zak shut the fck up were the banks that Sanusi inherited not "failed and distressed banks"? They were fucd and messed or maybe you dont see the mass sackings and corrupt akingbola and ibru with billions worth of property, you dey craze.

Those that stole while Soludo was CBN gov made the impact of the global melt down 1 million times worse.

So leave that ish for yourself ode boy
Re: I’m Vindicated: [Nigerian] Banks Were Not Examined By Soludo In The last 5 Years by oderemo(m): 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2010
Like it or not,Soludo was and remains a genius.If he were still CBN Gov,he would have handled this crisis in a manner

the crisis was right under his nose and he refused to deal with . this shows total lack of responsibility from the guy.
too much girama than action. useless. soludo. look at my pastor akingbola. 400 bill. and still counting, Cecilia ibru 200 bill still counting and many more and you say soludo is a genius.
Re: I’m Vindicated: [Nigerian] Banks Were Not Examined By Soludo In The last 5 Years by violent(m): 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2010
Zak:

Hello guys,

Thank you.

Are u kidding?
Re: I’m Vindicated: [Nigerian] Banks Were Not Examined By Soludo In The last 5 Years by Bokoharam: 7:55am On Jan 11, 2010
Zak:

Hello guys,

Thank you.

I get surprised when pple talk  like this. I think one or more of these is the reason for such:

1. Ignorance

2. Engrossed in politics that they have lost their sense of reasoning

3. Soludo is their relative or close acquaintance

4. People that hate Nigeria & her progress

My bros, you need to review your line of thought. Soludo will sell off Anambra to his godfathers and you will come back to NL shouting 'ole!' 'ole!'

Do you know what this man's 'egunjeristic' attitude & tendencies did to our economy? Do you know he had illegally sold off Spring bank to PHB/his friend, Atuche and pocketed the money before the sell-off was reversed?. Tell me, was that forced merger justifiable?

Did you know that a whopping N6m was spent these few bank CEOs to loby & make sure Soludo does not leave? Why would you want to retain him if he is policing you the way it should be? He only removed his toga of chief surveillance officer to chief playmate.

Pple talk consolidation. Yes, good thinking, but he lost it along the line. Before the consolidation, banks had positive shareholders, no matter how small. Today, banks are having hundreds of billion as negative shareholders' funds.

Think again.
Re: I’m Vindicated: [Nigerian] Banks Were Not Examined By Soludo In The last 5 Years by blacksta(m): 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2010
Bokoharam:

I get surprised when pple talk  like this. I think one or more of these is the reason for such:

1. Ignorance

2. Engrossed in politics that they have lost their sense of reasoning

3. Soludo is their relative or close acquaintance

4. People that hate Nigeria & her progress

My bros, you need to review your line of thought. Soludo will sell off Anambra to his godfathers and you will come back to NL shouting 'ole!' 'ole!'

Do you know what this man's 'egunjeristic' attitude & tendencies did to our economy? Do you know he had illegally sold off Spring bank to PHB/his friend, Atuche and pocketed the money before the sell-off was reversed?. Tell me, was that forced merger justifiable?

Did you know that a whopping N6m was spent these few bank CEOs to loby & make sure Soludo does not leave? Why would you want to retain him if he is policing you the way it should be? He only removed his toga of chief surveillance officer to chief playmate.

Pple talk consolidation. Yes, good thinking, but he lost it along the line. Before the consolidation, banks had positive shareholders, no matter how small. Today, banks are having hundreds of billion as negative shareholders' funds.

Think again.

Please dont mind these useless people who lack integrity . I still maintain my stand soludo should be jail
Re: I’m Vindicated: [Nigerian] Banks Were Not Examined By Soludo In The last 5 Years by KnowAll(m): 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2010
If those guys are billionaires Akingbola and Ibru so is Soludo, would you want to bite the finger that feed you. One thing Nigerians must realise is Southerners are social animals they know how to party with looted funds, enjoy the finest things of life with looted funds hence the larger than life appetite to plundered their states and bank resources. Soludo and his fellow bank colleagues are not anymore different from their other southern brethrens. On this instance one can revisit the sins and demeanours of the southern thinking to these gentlemen.

What I realise is, there is always a silence camaraderie of vile adventuristic innuendos when southern brethren come together in pursuit of what can be construed as material gains, tribalism which is the bane of our daily lives gets shunted unto the back burner in the realisation of our personal selfish interest.

The northern man has an in-built guilty conscience which has being indoctrinated into their being from the womb, with a heavy heart and a soul ravaged with guilt they succumb to temptations of life, whilst this can be said of majority of the northerners some are made of stern stuff and are rigid and unshiftable in their principle. Sanusi happened to fall into the category of the latter rather than the former.

He will make a great President, the PDP should go for this gentleman, although brash and a no nonsense person in his speech, he may well be the revolution the nation needs.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria House Of Assembly / Revealed! Kosovo To Resign Before April 1st 2010 / Ume-ezeoke Is Pdp Agent – Anpp Faction !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.