Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? (10675 Views)

Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / South Africans Are Big Cowards!!! / Niger Delta Oil Is Useless. Tompolo, Dokubo Are Cowards.- A Radio Caller. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by bkbaybe99: 8:38am On Jan 10, 2010
First off, I don't have to introduce myself to those that already know me on here. I know some insults are coming and I'm braced,I aint really worried cus those that know definitely know that I'm writing this out of concern and love that I got for the people of that 'could be' great nation called Nigeria. It baffles me that the populace could be taken for a ride and like a buncha hypnotized monkeys just sit there and don't do nothing to change their destiny. Those that are familiar with what led to uprisings in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Dominican Republic (under Trujillo), Cuba (causing the rise of Castro), and as recently as The Phillipines, Thailand,and other spots around the world, knw that the nations above did not endure close to what Nigerians have endured before tearing they nation to bits asking for change. Every weekend, I hear my dad and his crew of living room gangstas scream to the high heavens about all that is wrong with Nigeria while none of them plan to go back to take action!!! I asked a friend of my dads,last weekend,why he didn't go back to try to effect some change if he so passionately believed in his rants. He looked at me like I had asked him to go into a boxing ring with the devil himself! His retort?'Why don't you go fight for them, you're young,they waiting for you. Why should I go fight for them?'. And mind you he wasn't joking, he meant it (I could tell cus he had that mad/evil look in his face). What's my biz with Nigeria? Why should I fight for her? Why can't her citizens pick up the gauntlet and chase the corrupt elite from power a la the french revolution? Why are Nigerians scared to lay they lives down for the good of the future? What are Nigerians scared of? Why are Nigerians cowardly?!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 10, 2010

We really should learn to love ourselves on Nl.

Insults wont solve anything.

So Nigerians are cowards, what have you done?

No yabbing, much luff
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by invisible2(m): 8:48am On Jan 10, 2010
Those countries you mentioned, Liberia, Ivory coast, Cuba, are their citizens better off after the fight. Truth is, the elites will escape with their families while the poor fight each other till death. The rich always come back and regain their top positions after the fight. Ask Ojukwu.

Its in the house of the coward that men stand and point at the spot where the brave man's compound used to be.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by bkbaybe99: 9:04am On Jan 10, 2010
Hahahahha. Ask ojukwu! Lol. What has ojukwu done to u?! Lol. I love that quote about the compound of the coward and the brave tho.lol
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by bkbaybe99: 9:12am On Jan 10, 2010
@invincible; when u argue, u shouldn't pick just what u want: I guess u can do that tho if u wanna hoodwink the jury and are bent on 'winning' the discussion (mistakening it for an argument)! U mentioned that the citizens of liberia, cuba and co aren't better off, but, u conveniently failed to mention Thailand, France, and The Phillipines for taking their destiny into their hands!u don't want a revolution but u want change?! I laugh in 10 differnt brooklyn slangs! What u think is gone happen, The politicians will wake up one day and say to themselves 'oh, u knw, we stolen enough let's stop'.lol
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by edoyad(m): 9:28am On Jan 10, 2010
We Nigerians are patiently waiting for our more enlightened siblings in the diaspora to come back and liberate us. There's one guy on NL that we have so much faith in, i believe his name is brooklyn or something, He's the future of the revolution . Right now He's busy getting some "down low" loving but we believe in time he'll come to our rescue and show us the way to the promised land.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by invisible2(m): 9:40am On Jan 10, 2010
The revolution is on?

Ok, start from the inside, charity begins at home. Some of us have fraudulent dads, mums, uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews, inlaws etc and we fail to report their evil deeds because we are related to them. We also benefit from their ill-gotten wealth, until we fight our own corrupt people, until we start to confront our councilors in our localities, the revolution will never begin.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by bkbaybe99: 10:06am On Jan 10, 2010
Sorry edoyad, I aint never gone fight for Nigeria, not even as a paid mercenary. Got no reason to? Why should I my loyalty lies wit the good ol U.S of A. And even then, I believe my loyalty lies with east new york (not even the whole of brooklyn; talk less of New York city. Don't even waste time metioning New York State) as I don't think I'd fight for the United States unless absolutely neccessary. But, don't worry edoyad, pray hard to God and he'll come down from heaven to smack the politicians in the face and get u out the hell they got yall in.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Choco5: 10:11am On Jan 10, 2010
Ask your father and mother and entire family why they are cowards first, then come online for survey.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by edoyad(m): 10:41am On Jan 10, 2010
@bk you see what i mean ? We're all doin same as you and fighting for our streets and villages, and not the whole darn Country of Naija.
You want us to shed our blood and spend 40 years in jail like Mandela so you can tell your kids, "guess what urchins ? We're returning home where no one'll call ni.ggas and taxis will pick us up when we signal" . Hell no ! When you get tired of being discriminated against you can comeback and fix things with some brooklyn technology grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by bkbaybe99: 10:50am On Jan 10, 2010
@Choco5, do u deserve a reply?! Nah, its 2010, I left my 'reply a fo.ol' phone at home, wait till I get it! @edoyad, I got absolutely no biz in whether Nigeria crashes or burns, u dig? Ok, would u fight for my country? Ok, I rest my case!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by edoyad(m): 10:58am On Jan 10, 2010
Bk Good for you then, case closed.
* singing Bob Marley song*
. . . no matter where you're from , so long as you black you're an African . . cool
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Ikengawo: 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2010
bk baybee or whatever.
you're dickless.

stop claiming a country that will never except you or thinking you're a black american that looks down on you.

east new york?
mmkay buddy.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by CrudeOil2(m): 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2010
Yeah, Nigerians lack patriotism and nationalism.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Beaf: 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2010
@bk_baybe99

If you continue like this, I will soon stop calling you "mexican mafia drug pin" (even though you are grin).
You are 100% correct, there are very few people who aren't cowards and who know their rights in 9ja.

Ikengawo:

bk baybee or whatever.
you're dickless.

stop claiming a country that will never except you or thinking you're a black american that looks down on you.

east new york?
mmkay buddy.

Don't make assumptions, he isn't black. But he's got naija connections.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by sammyzacks(m): 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2010
Can cowards do suicide bombing? Don't think we are cowards, we are simply corrupt, selfish, tribalized, sectionalized, and greedy.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by sjeezy8: 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2010
No bblyk doesnt know african history all those countries he listed were so called "liberated" BY NIGERIAN SOLDIERS.
not to mention those countries are like 3-20 million people, Nigerias population is like 167 million.

Who will help "Liberate" Nigeria the LARGEST COUNTRY IN AFRICA? 
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nija4Life(m): 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2010
bk_baybe99:

First off, I don't have to introduce myself to those that already know me on here. I know some insults are coming and I'm braced,I aint really worried cus those that know definitely know that I'm writing this out of concern and love that I got for the people of that 'could be' great nation called Nigeria. It baffles me that the populace could be taken for a ride and like a buncha hypnotized monkeys just sit there and don't do nothing to change their destiny. Those that are familiar with what led to uprisings in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Dominican Republic (under Trujillo), Cuba (causing the rise of Castro), and as recently as The Phillipines, Thailand,and other spots around the world, knw that the nations above did not endure close to what Nigerians have endured before tearing they nation to bits asking for change. Every weekend, I hear my dad and his crew of living room gangstas scream to the high heavens about all that is wrong with Nigeria while none of them plan to go back to take action!!! I asked a friend of my dads,last weekend,why he didn't go back to try to effect some change if he so passionately believed in his rants. He looked at me like I had asked him to go into a boxing ring with the devil himself! His retort?'Why don't you go fight for them, you're young,they waiting for you. Why should I go fight for them?'. And mind you he wasn't joking, he meant it (I could tell cus he had that mad/evil look in his face). What's my biz with Nigeria? Why should I fight for her? Why can't her citizens pick up the gauntlet and chase the corrupt elite from power a la the french revolution? Why are Nigerians scared to lay they lives down for the good of the future? What are Nigerians scared of? Why are Nigerians cowardly?!

I can understand your passion and desire for change but you may have to look back to history to find out clues about the answers to your questions. In 1967 the Igbos of Eastern Nigeria engaged the North of the country in a bloody civil war for perceived injustices (rightly or wrongly). The Igbos felt betrayed because other tribes whom they thought were with them were actually working against them. The bottom-line is that as a country we do not trust each other and I have my doubts if we can ever leave our ethnic and tribal prejudices to work for a common good.
If we ever get together we need to ask ourselves what is it we are going to be fighting for? A change in the President now which I think should happen if Yar’Adua is incapacitated to carry on will only be a change in personnel and doesn’t change anything about the many flaws that is fundamentally wrong with the entity called Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by beejaei: 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2010
Interesting question. I don't believe there is one answer. These are some likely answers:

1. Nigerians do not love the country enough to die for it: Since I have come here, I have seen the fierce patriotism and Nationalism of Americans and noted the differences from Nigeria. It is the love for the USA that makes majority of Americans suspicious of government and willing to die for the ideals the country espouses. It is a kind of romantic relationship with the country. Their history, their war against Britain, their ups and downs from the past, all of these come together to make the country look like a lover to an American. This kind of love for one's country is not present in most Nigerians. Nigerians do not usually ask what they can do for their country, instead what their country can do for them. If their country cannot do it for them, they find a way to get it done, instead of fighting to make their country able to do it for them.

2. Nigerians are not united against "the government" as a foe: Where one man is complaining about lack of job, another is using his connections to corruptly get contract from the government. Another is feeding off his local government chairman by being a political thug. Another is thinking, "I just have to get out of this goddamn country." Another is like, "whatever." In essence, Nigerians have not been pushed to the point where nothing matters but to drive out the politicians from the country.

3. The Nigerian Factor: If a revolution is to start today, there will be many who will doubt it because they can never be sure. In Nigeria, seeing is not believing. Back in the days in OAU, whenever it was time to protest one school policy or the other, you will find those who will run to Lagos, hide in their rooms, or just show general indifference. Some are scared of getting expelled. Some believe that-and it once happened-some of the student leaders make deals with the school authority that the students do not know about. So this leaves them thinking, "Why should I risk my life for something that may just be empty?" Take a look at Femi Fani-Kayode. Did he not use to be an anti-Abacha guy before he came to join OBJ? Those kind of characters and Nigeria's history of these kind of political betrayals make it hard to want to join any sort of revolution. To put it simply, many Nigerians are not sure that the guy next in line to them during a revolution is not the one that will pull the trigger for their death.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Jan 10, 2010
@Poster, I think and believe it comes down to lack of confidence, and overall low self worth issues. I mean from my observation, it is clear we do not understand/know our own rights as humans, as we continue to delegate the running of our lives, and that of our love ones, to people we already know are not worthy. Would an intelligent rich man hire a theif to run his house? Would a good father allow a pedophile babysit his children? Would a good mother allow a wicked witch feed her children?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Luvlgenius(m): 4:43pm On Jan 10, 2010
Revolution and shooting of people brings nothing but sorrow, Even America was once laid back, Love, dialogue and constant practise is the key.

Nigerians in diaspora should learn and teach those at home how to make Naija become a developed country and not how to become terrorists,
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Liedetect: 12:41am On Jan 11, 2010

bk_baybe99

Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards

love to see you strap bomb  to your bollocks. Now that’s brave, not hacking off women and children’s limbs as done by some of the people of the so-called "brave nations" you mentioned.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by OAM4J: 1:12am On Jan 11, 2010
Truth be told.

Am a Nigerian, but no coward!

I just wouldn't want to die for nothing or waste my blood for no reason.

All that are happening are probably blessings in disguise

I await the day Nigeria will be declared a failed state.

Then we can have new nation or nations worth dying for.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 11, 2010
OAM4J:

Truth be told.

Am a Nigerian, but no coward!

I just wouldn't want to die for nothing or waste my blood for no reason.

All that are happening are probably blessings in disguise

I await the day Nigeria will be declared a failed state.

Then we can have new nation or nations worth dying for.

Why are you carrying my IP around in your siggy? undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by OAM4J: 1:19am On Jan 11, 2010
FL Gators:

Why are you carrying my IP around in your siggy? undecided

Dont be scared. Its a mirror software. shows only you your IP and every other person his/her IP

I only see my IP not yours. You can load it too at

Anyway. Ta lo bi mo? ojo wo ni ikomo? (your sig)  wink
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 1:28am On Jan 11, 2010
Ohhh I see. LOL NVM tongue

LOL It means "charity begins at home", my siggy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by OAM4J: 1:53am On Jan 11, 2010
FL Gators:

Ohhh I see. LOL NVM tongue

LOL It means "charity begins at home", my siggy

You need to brush your Yoruba up.

'Ile la wo ka to somo loruko' - means we look inward before naming a child (think before you act)

'Ile lati ko eso rode' is what means 'charity begins at home'

Tutorial fee (min)=$500. Sorry I charge $1000/hr  cool cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by chiogo(f): 4:20am On Jan 11, 2010
For once, I agree with Bk_baybe. grin

True. Nigeria's government is blah! But I'm still not doing anything about it except complain. But I'll do something soon. . . .when I'm done with school. tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 11, 2010
OAM4J:

You need to brush your Yoruba up.

'Ile la wo ka to somo loruko' - means we look inward before naming a child (think before you act)

'Ile lati ko eso rode' is what means 'charity begins at home'

Tutorial fee (min)=$500. Sorry I charge $1000/hr  cool cheesy

LOL I agree, I need tobrush up.

But you have to agree that most yoruba proverbs dont mean exactly what they translate to.

My signature means "We look at the house before we name the child".

Who raised the child is also important in naming the child. Meaning, if we train our child,  it'll be named outside according to his/her actions [ how he/she is trained] .

Charity begins at home. Train your child before you let him/her act
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by chiogo(f): 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2010
FL Gators:

Charity begins at home. Train your child before you let him/her act

That's not what "Charity begins at home" infers. Nigerians always think it has to do with parents training their child lololol. Always wanted to say that.  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Has Not Left PDP, It Is "Rumor" - PDP, Fani Kayode Says / Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities / Governors Destroyed The Local Government System - Ex-lagos Speaker, Mamora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.