Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians (6142 Views)

New Trick To Activate MTN Double Data Bonus 2019 / New Trick To Get Free Stuff On Amazon 2018! / How To Make Any Network Browse Fast In Nigeria (new Trick) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Mckandre(m): 1:31am On May 11, 2017
Who has noticed this new trick mtn adopted to swindle people? I have a monthly data plan that is currently active but due to the urgent need to download some large important files I decided to opted for the midnight plan of 500mb, around 1am I subd and I received a successful text that it has been activated so all set to get started. What seem to be a relief turned out to be hell embarassed , during mid stage of my download session I got a text that "You have 137.32MB remaining of your data plan. Please dial *131# to renew." I was like its nothing its probably the night plan usage warning. Well it seemed so, next thing I got was "You have exhausted your bundle. Please dial *131# to renew your data plan" but my downloading file was still in progress,at this point I decided to check my bundle plan, lo and behold my 1.2gb of my remaining monthly plan has been wiped just like that into the thin air. Instead of making use of the night plan data, they went straight into my regular data bundle. Back then twas airtime balance they normal plunge into now comes a different technique.
I was really devastated cry because the monthly plan hasnt been up to a week old, the little money I had with me is what I used to subscribe just to enable me to check current social updates and research, all my plans were cut shut by this network mischief cry . Every call to the customer care were totally fruitless and annoying, one yeye agent even went to extent of telling me I didn't make any transaction that I didn't subscribe to any plan, I felt like grabbing the fellows neck to squeeze the living daylight out from him. Each one telling me that my issue has been forwarded to who
Did I mentioned that this is 3rd time such a is happening? but this this last one really cut me deep, I had to voice out the torn in my flesh.

In all my dealings with this network, no sort of happiness or peace of mind have i ever experience, if not callertunes it would be weekly/daily subscription to one copied caricature quotes, balance diet tips... Endless naso my account balance go dey wipe each time I recharge, call CC all fruitless. Who customer care done epp atall.
Anytime I see pson on yellow cloth, i feel like bashing. spits angry angry angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by SuperSuave(m): 1:45am On May 11, 2017
this is the 3rd time? what happened to "once bitten twice shy"?

The best way to deal with mtn night browsing is to have 2 or more Sim cards, make sure to have just 25# or 26# and no data plan on the Sim to avoid stories like this

1 Like

Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Mckandre(m): 1:52am On May 11, 2017
SuperSuave:
this is the 3rd time? what happened to "once bitten twice shy"?

The best way to deal with mtn night browsing is to have 2 or more Sim cards, make sure to have just 25# or 26# and no data plan on the Sim to avoid stories like this
my brother, those initial times i do think that the issue has been rectified according to their CC agents. The first was a minor thing cos I had a small data remaining I overlooked it.
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by jericco1(m): 5:48am On May 11, 2017
Eyah sorry.

1 Like

Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by fibonacci2526: 6:25am On May 11, 2017
MTN are thieves really,I have over 26gb on my line and resubscribed yesterday but to my surprise when I checked my data balance I saw 2 data balances. Chatted their cc I was told MTN don't support auto renewal again.

The painful part was anytime I browse,am being charged from my old account and not the new subscription I made that is due to expire next month.

3 5GB will just go to waste

2 Likes

Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Nobody: 6:39am On May 11, 2017
Hilarious Two years old MARVELOUS is the funnest boy on YouTube. Watch his Short Comedy film on YouTube and share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB88ulVOJzw&itct=CA8QpDAYACITCJ6QzNeO59MCFQXiVQodrLsFxzIGcmVsbWZ1SMO3wuiz94CIZw%3D%3D&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en

https://www.nairaland.com/3790065/two-years-old-marvelous-youngest
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Einl(m): 7:02am On May 11, 2017
Get Etisalat.

2 Likes

Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Mckandre(m): 7:08am On May 11, 2017
Einl:
Get Etisalat.
how's their data plan?
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Einl(m): 7:10am On May 11, 2017
Mckandre:
how's their data plan?
Expensive. But reliable.
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Mckandre(m): 7:24am On May 11, 2017
fibonacci2526:
MTN are thieves really,I have over 26gb on my line and resubscribed yesterday but to my surprise when I checked my data balance I saw 2 data balances. Chatted their cc I was told MTN don't support auto renewal again.

The painful part was anytime I browse,am being charged from my old account and not the new subscription I made that is due to expire next month.

3 5GB will just go to waste
that's terrible, that auto renewal use to favor me, whenever I ve a huge data remaining, all I ve to do in order to keep it is to resubscribe giving me some extra months ahead. Too bad data accumulation is dead, u can never have rest of mind with mtn, always have in mind that every tangible thing from them is always dim to be short leaved.
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Mckandre(m): 7:28am On May 11, 2017
Einl:

Expensive. But reliable.
do they have data plans of 500 and 1k?
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Einl(m): 7:32am On May 11, 2017
Mckandre:
do they have data plans of 500 and 1k?

Yes. Yes they do.
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Mckandre(m): 7:40am On May 11, 2017
Einl:

Yes. Yes they do.
pls kindly tell me the allocated data for each plan, I need this badly. I'm making a u-turn, m leaving this network for good.
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Einl(m): 7:50am On May 11, 2017
Mckandre:
pls kindly tell me the allocated data for each plan, I need this badly. I'm making a u-turn, m leaving this network for good.

500mb- N500

1gb- N1,000

1.5gb- N1,200

All are monthly.

2 Likes

Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by pmc01(m): 8:28am On May 11, 2017
I have Glo shared data for sale.4.5GB for #1,500 and 7.5GB for #2,500.Call or Whatsapp 08167037530.
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by inscreAF: 9:21am On May 11, 2017
Mckandre:
Who has noticed this new trick mtn adopted to swindle people? I have a monthly data plan that is currently active but due to the urgent need to download some large important files I decided to opted for the midnight plan of 500mb, around 1am I subd and I received a successful text that it has been activated so all set to get started. What seem to be a relief turned out to be hell embarassed , during mid stage of my download session I got a text that "You have 137.32MB remaining of your data plan. Please dial *131# to renew." I was like its nothing its probably the night plan usage warning. Well it seemed so, next thing I got was "You have exhausted your bundle. Please dial *131# to renew your data plan" but my downloading file was still in progress,at this point I decided to check my bundle plan, lo and behold my 1.2gb of my remaining monthly plan has been wiped just like that into the thin air. Instead of making use of the night plan data, they went straight into my regular data bundle. Back then twas airtime balance they normal plunge into now comes a different technique.
I was really devastated cry because the monthly plan hasnt been up to a week old, the little money I had with me is what I used to subscribe just to enable me to check current social updates and research, all my plans were cut shut by this network mischief cry . Every call to the customer care were totally fruitless and annoying, one yeye agent even went to extent of telling me I didn't make any transaction that I didn't subscribe to any plan, I felt like grabbing the fellows neck to squeeze the living daylight out from him. Each one telling me that my issue has been forwarded to who
Did I mentioned that this is 3rd time such a is happening? but this this last one really cut me deep, I had to voice out the torn in my flesh.

In all my dealings with this network, no sort of happiness or peace of mind have i ever experience, if not callertunes it would be weekly/daily subscription to one copied caricature quotes, balance diet tips... Endless naso my account balance go dey wipe each time I recharge, call CC all fruitless. Who customer care done epp atall.
Anytime I see pson on yellow cloth, i feel like bashing. spits angry angry angry

If you want to use mtn night plan, it is better to use a separate sim. I have 5 sims for nightplan, DON'T USE YOUR MAIN SIM FOR NIGHTPLAN .

1 Like

Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by inscreAF: 9:24am On May 11, 2017
Mckandre:
how's their data plan?

Don't go near Etisalat, just stick with mtn or airtel. Etisalat that is just putting its house in order.
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Mckandre(m): 9:25am On May 11, 2017
inscreAF:

If you want to use mtn night plan, it is better to use a separate sim. I have 5 sims for nightplan, DON'T USE YOUR MAIN SIM FOR NIGHTPLAN .
abi, but m hearing that the night plan has been discontinued. Ve u tried it lately?
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Mckandre(m): 9:27am On May 11, 2017
inscreAF:

Don't go near Etisalat, just stick with mtn or airtel. Etisalat that is just putting its house in order.
lol, true talk. M considering getting multiple Sims for the night bundle.
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Sammmypoko(m): 10:03am On May 11, 2017
stories that touch.
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by CallmeKola(m): 10:12am On May 11, 2017
I hate MTN so much, but anytime they pull off their mischief, I find joy and satisfaction when I remember what I did to them during the days of BBLITED. I practically used data worth 1 billion naira. cool

6 Likes

Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by sekybaby: 10:50am On May 11, 2017
Hello guys
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by sekybaby: 10:58am On May 11, 2017
Hello guys. Guess what is new in town. I visited Murtala Muhammed Airport 2 yesterday and I noticed that alot of people were bringing out their devices to start browsing. They were all connecting to the free wifi "Red Cheetah" by SWIFT Networks. The speed was whao! and I was able to connect easily. I had fun and downloaded alot of movies free of charge.You guys need to experience this.So the real hotspot is now in town! Will find out more about them

1 Like

Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by JideSM: 11:54am On May 11, 2017
Mckandre:

Hi Mckandre, so sorry to that this happened, I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are discussed. I also will appreciate if you can send me your mobile number via private message to enable me look into. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Mckandre(m): 11:59am On May 11, 2017
JideSM:

Hi Mckandre, so sorry to that this happened, I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are discussed. I also will appreciate if you can send me your mobile number via private message to enable me look into. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards
have sent a message to ur email.
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by kene05(m): 3:49pm On May 11, 2017
Dats y u have to be wise using all dis isp, I have over 20+ mtn Sims, they all serve their respective purposes
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by agrovick(m): 5:41pm On May 11, 2017
JideSM:

I'm gonna PM you as well as MTN did same to me yesternight.
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by inscreAF: 5:48pm On May 11, 2017
Mckandre:
abi, but m hearing that the night plan has been discontinued. Ve u tried it lately?

Yes, last night.
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Mkmoney(m): 7:09pm On May 11, 2017
inscreAF:

If you want to use mtn night plan, it is better to use a separate sim. I HAVE 5 SIMS for nightplan, DON'T USE YOUR MAIN SIM FOR NIGHTPLAN .
Only u 5 Sims i hail thee
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Mckandre(m): 7:17pm On May 11, 2017
kene05:
Dats y u have to be wise using all dis isp, I have over 20+ mtn Sims, they all serve their respective purposes
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by inscreAF: 8:05am On May 12, 2017
Mkmoney:
Only u 5 Sims i hail thee
That’s a measly 2.5 gig, there's nothing to hail here
Re: MTNs New Trick To Swindle Nigerians by Mckandre(m): 6:27pm On May 12, 2017
inscreAF:

That’s a measly 2.5 gig, there's nothing to hail here
but it decent enough what about the guy that has 20sims

(1) (2) (Reply)

Usain Bolt, Francisco Montoya, Zack Wonder..are New Characters For Temple Run 2. / Are Itel's 512MB RAM Phones Laggy? / How To Install Windows 7 On Iphone 4 And Ipad 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.