Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship (14779 Views)

She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife / Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Father Saved Her From An Abusive Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Opinionated: 10:22am On May 11, 2017
It is absolutely unacceptable for a man to batter a woman black and blue. It is simply cowardice. Despite the domestic violence, some people will not speak out nor will they quit the relationship. They endure. They report to their religious leaders and family members who usually encourage them to stay. This is wrong. They are not the ones who gets rape when he is drunk or who gets beaten every night when he is angry. This is same with your boyfriend. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares reasons why you should never stay in an abusive relationship,

He will kill you one day

There have been many stories were husbands have beaten their wives to the extent that they died. That is extreme. You do not want to be in that situation. Your children need you alive to take care of them. So, if you have made effort and waited for him to change and he refuses, just quit.

You will escape emotional torment

Many women are being beaten by their husbands but they cover it with makeup. They laugh and they smile but the emotional torment they are going through is unbearable. Do not wait until you break down before you run away. In fact, the only time they are happy is when they leave home.

You cannot fix him

If you stay thinking he is going to change, you are absolutely wrong. He is not going to change even if you pray from today till tomorrow. You cannot fix him. If it means leaving home to temporarily lodge in a Lagos hotel, you should.

It is good for your sanity and wellbeing

If you are going through domestic violence and you keep quiet. it will definitely affect your mental health and general wellbeing. You will be very worried and scared of your husband. It will become a cat and mouse relationship. Save yourself from that stress.

You will be safe

You and your children will be safe if you leave an abusive relationship. You owe them that responsibility.

Source: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 10:24am On May 11, 2017
MTCHEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW

So anything abusive is masculine...

You won't talk about emotional abuse that females give to men...

The pressure

The naggings

Even beating cheesy (Fat women in most cases)

Or do you think abuse is just physical? I think I dread Emotional abuse than physical abuse!!

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 10:24am On May 11, 2017
Why are you being sexist?

Only ladies get abused in a relationship Uh?

So you have never seen instances of an abusive lady? Can't you just do your research before typing bullshìt?

This is just a shitty write up...

Someone bring me a lighter undecided

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by ojun50(m): 10:31am On May 11, 2017
Dis our love no go die oh, op u are high on kulkul
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Opinionated: 10:36am On May 11, 2017
PapiSmith:

This is just a shitty write up

fernandobush:
MTCHEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW

The pressure

The naggings

Or do you think abuse is just physical? I think I dread Emotional abuse than physical abuse!!

ojun50:
Dis our love no go die oh, op u are high on kulkul

Guys take it easy. You are not women now. We guys are meant to be decisive leaders, if you get abused, deal with it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 10:40am On May 11, 2017
Opinionated:

Guys take it easy. You are not women now. We guys are meant to be decisive leaders, if you get abused, deal with it.

I don't blame you for this.

I blame the internet angry

21 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by jhudit(f): 10:49am On May 11, 2017
OP, you don't have to make it seem like women are the only victims. Men get physically abused too...

fernandobush:
MTCHEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW
The pressure
The naggings

Men also abuse women emotionally.
Are there no women under pressure to birth male kids or just 1 child? Women with cheating husbands? The rate lots of men cheat,should tell you there would be lots of them.
Don't men nag?

Emotional abuse isn't perpetrated by women only either.
Both gender can be victims of any form of abuse.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 10:51am On May 11, 2017
jhudit:
OP, you don't have to make it seem like women are the only victims. Men get physically abused too...

Men also abuse women emotionally.
Are there no women under pressure to birth male kids or just 1 child? Women with cheating husbands? The rate lots of men cheat,should tell you there would be lots of them.
Don't men nag?

Emotional abuse isn't perpetrated by women only either.
Both gender can be victims of any form of abuse.

I think you write-up should be directed to the Op without you quoting me. He already took it from one point of view and I added the feminine aspect to balance it up!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by jhudit(f): 10:52am On May 11, 2017
fernandobush:

I think you write-up should be directed to the Op without you quoting me. He already took it from one point of view and I added the feminine aspect to balance it up!

And I am telling you there is no "feminine aspect". You committed same offence as OP!
All forms of abuse should be kicked against, not making it look like only one gender is guilty.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by BUSHHUNTER: 10:55am On May 11, 2017
Op you mean if am dating someone like Dangote's daughter, I should quit cos she's abusive and arrogant?

She should kuku kee me

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Kizyte(m): 10:55am On May 11, 2017
Real men don't beat a woman.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by TINALETC3(f): 10:55am On May 11, 2017
1 reason u shud continu an abusive relationship
"Bc u ar dumb" angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by nelsonhua(m): 10:55am On May 11, 2017
it still baffles me how some ladies manage to stay in an abusive relationship

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 10:56am On May 11, 2017
Opinionated:

Guys are meant to be abused in a relationship? Dude you have a brain in that skull or chicken feathers?

Infact

13 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Franzinni: 10:56am On May 11, 2017
If it is abusive

RUN!!!!!!!!
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by buzquet(m): 10:57am On May 11, 2017
There is no reason to quit abusive relationship than to quit

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Sunnycliff(m): 10:57am On May 11, 2017
They will prefer to die for money than leave an abusive relationship

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by SirMichael1: 10:58am On May 11, 2017
You know something about women?? They love drama. That's why most watch telemundos and stuffs like that. You find a girl in a relationship (courtship, not yet married) with an abusive partner, yet they wouldn't wanna leave because they love him and think overtime he will change or maybe because he has enough money to take care of her.

If you ask me, I'd say most rich guys are found of beating their partners because they grew up in a home where anything they do goes free and it became part of them to the extent that they do things without fear or think of repercussions thereafter. But some women too are so stubborn to listen to advice. If he can beat you while dating, can he not kill you in marriage? Ask Mercy Aigbe and Tonto Dikeh

Do not marry a guy who feels his ways are the best. Those types don't ever listen to advice.

You know you're a stubborn lady and yet you're dating a stubborn guy. He gets annoyed and lays hands on you. Stubborn you lifts hands and lay on him too. He carry bottle knack your head wella and use 'pestle' break your skull but you don't wanna leave because you're stubborn and pride won't make you. You wanna come out of the relationship dauntless and having that feeling that you came out victorious and your friends be praising you. It is well o

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by omooba969(m): 10:58am On May 11, 2017
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by RealHaute: 10:58am On May 11, 2017
You don't need five reasons. "He will kill you one day" alone is reason enough. Unless you're suicidal.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by inem2741(m): 10:58am On May 11, 2017
Nice points, agreed with you
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by coolestchris(m): 10:59am On May 11, 2017
most ladies love the passion that relationship fights causes, they love the gossips it creates, they love the drama, if not Why will she forgive him the first time he slaps her

watch out for my new song titled "cucumber"
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by gwmlogistic: 11:00am On May 11, 2017
Op, u just come online to type without your e-brian, Abusive relationship swings both ways. U never jam. Some guys dey wey no dey fit go HSE until their wife sleeps at night cos of this abusive relationship. Wld be nice if u had also put DAT into consideration
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by fatymore(f): 11:00am On May 11, 2017
Physical assault is not the only thing in an abusive relationship... Some people can use their mouth to run you down and over.... Any simple thing abuse... Or even shun you..before you kill me I would render you useless to your family and your self

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by kudsweet(f): 11:00am On May 11, 2017
Different strokes for different folks
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Motolank: 11:00am On May 11, 2017
HEY. YOU DONT EVEN NEED TWO REASONS,ONE IS JUST ENOUGH. ABUSE
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Flexherbal(m): 11:00am On May 11, 2017
No 1 is just enough to quit.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by 2016v2017: 11:00am On May 11, 2017
fernandobush:
MTCHEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW

The pressure

The naggings

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Pavore9: 11:01am On May 11, 2017
It is a lame to hang on to an abusive marriage because of the children, it is wise the woman end the marriage than being killed and the same children have a step mother forced on them.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by 2016v2017: 11:01am On May 11, 2017
PapiSmith:

So you have never seen instances of an abusive lady? Can't you just do your research before typing bullshìt?

This is just a shitty write up...

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by profhezekiah: 11:02am On May 11, 2017
Please don't quit,atleast ur death or incapacitated body will do dat for U

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 11:02am On May 11, 2017
The best advice I'll give is you were somebody before you met you will always be somebody even after train up your children to do what's right if they are witnesses teach them otherwise stop the cycle not just the abuse

What men are calling nagging sometimes can be the Holy Spirit warning you through your spouse unfortunately when it's too late you always say we should have listened

Furthermore there is a penchant disregard for the essence of a woman by today's men based on the premise there are many women out there but there is just one that was made for you. Your efforts will count your love will be reciprocated.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Original Men Clothing And Accessories Lowest Wholesale Price / Am Gradually Loosing It / The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.