Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:01 AM

Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} (5032 Views)

EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others / Sanusi Lamido Is Nothing But A Bitter, Foolish Bigot / Sanusi Lamido Is A Liar. Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by Gekko(m): 11:33pm On Jan 10, 2010
I think we need to give credit where credit is due, Sule Lamido is one of the best performing gov in NGA.  We often shower praises on Fashola, but i think Jigawa state is one of the best governed states after bumping into this article:

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/moses-ebe-ochonu/who-is-nigerias-best-performing-governor.html

PICS :   http://picasaweb.google.com/MEOchonu/DutseJigawa#5424089098051391074
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by Tsiya(m): 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2010
Impressive.

Everybody that know Dutse prior to May 2007 will be astonished. Everything have changed.
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by debosky(m): 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2010
Interesting. . . .lots of good pictures but is there true planning behind these? It's worrying that so much equipment was bought without adequate personnel to man them.

Granted he seems to have done a lot, but I cannot comment much since I don't know the state of things previous to Lamido's entry. That said, it does seem that a significant degree of transformation has taken place.

In terms of judging who the best governor is, I think the scale of the problems vis a vis the available resources is a crucial measure. Lamido seems to be doing ok, but It'll take local residents to give a more balanced account.

I think there should be some independent measurement body to evaluate development improvements by successive governments - schools, roads etc that would help remove some subjectivity from measuring government performance.

Only if we had more governors at least appearing to do what is required.
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by OAM4J: 12:28am On Jan 11, 2010
Am impressed!!!

looks like the guy is a silent achiever.

Apart from the good roads and health facilities am particular impressed with the tri-cycle assembly plant

Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by OAM4J: 12:30am On Jan 11, 2010

Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by Mekusxyz: 12:36am On Jan 11, 2010
Kudos to this governor. That has always been what some of us are talking about and we were labelled tribalists and Fasola haters. The press is unduely skewed toward Lagos and the gov of Lagos will get undue press coverage any day. Taken together, I know Fasola cannot be the best performing gov in Nigeria if a thorough on the site assessment is conducted. Lagos is already developed significantly in contrats to most other states, and the guy there is merely dancing around those developed parts of the state. Mushin, Makoko Orile, Ajegunle, Ajerome etc, etc, etc remain the watery slums they have been since adam. The best performing gov will be one who does this much with limited resources and working almost from the scratch. Not the one who is merely repainting an already built house (parable)
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by mbulela: 12:37am On Jan 11, 2010
is this a subtle campaign for Goodluck's vice president?
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by MrCrackles(m): 12:38am On Jan 11, 2010
Good stuff. . . .
Keep up the good work Lamido. . .
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by Mekusxyz: 1:19am On Jan 11, 2010
mbulela:

Even if it is? Does he not deserve a good consideration if all we see in the photos are anything to go by?
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by Gekko(m): 1:40am On Jan 11, 2010
mbulela:

Absolutely not!! Trust me.
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by OAM4J: 2:00am On Jan 11, 2010
mbulela:

Even if it is, in as much as it is not a make-believe/lie or an exaggeration, it is welcome. cool
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by mbulela: 2:03am On Jan 11, 2010
Gekko:

Absolutely not!! Trust me.
grin grin
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by 18platoon(m): 3:54am On Jan 11, 2010
do you know that he opened this company for his son, go and find out the genesis of his fight with truimph newspapers in kano.
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by Alxmyr(m): 3:58am On Jan 11, 2010
Is Oceanic Bank and Intercontinental Bank buildings part of his achievement in office?
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by Beaf: 6:05am On Jan 11, 2010
It is the focus on alternative energy that I am most impressed with. That is the way Nigeria should be going, I would really love to contribute to the efforts in that direction; much more can be done.
Lamido is doing very well from the little I can see. Jigawa is a new state that requires this sort of cando attitude.

Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by bibiking1(m): 6:36am On Jan 11, 2010
Impressive! But like earlier posters said, there should be relative comparism with the former tenure
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by FrankC3: 9:44am On Jan 11, 2010
The packaging has just began. It is an open secret (from the print media) that this Lamido guy is OBJ's candidate for VP in the circumstance of YRD's permanent incapacitation. This was just how the packaging of YRD started and we all know the end. How come this whole 'miracle in jigawa' has been hidden till now? We are watching.
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by otawa: 10:52am On Jan 11, 2010
Kudos.

I am impressed.

To galvanise this change, the 'Governor' should be using the 'saw-dust' cooking aparatus in his house.

All his commisioner should aslo be using this.

Nigerians are follow-follow, once they see that Governor is using this, they will start too.

The governor should also make the 'Tri-Cyle' official vehicle for the state!

This would ensure that the fabricator has regular income and can improve based on feedback from users.

Any contractor that does not drive the 'tricycle' should not be given any contract.

This is how India/China stimulate their country!
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by edoyad(m): 1:31pm On Jan 11, 2010
otawa:

Kudos.

I am impressed.

To galvanise this change, the 'Governor' should be using the 'saw-dust' cooking aparatus in his house.

All his commisioner should aslo be using this.

Nigerians are follow-follow, once they see that Governor is using this, they will start too.

The governor should also make the 'Tri-Cyle' official vehicle for the state!

This would ensure that the fabricator has regular income and can improve based on feedback from users.

Any contractor that does not drive the 'tricycle' should not be given any contract.

This is how India/China stimulate their country!

Exacataly, practice what you preach. But i'm not abig fan of state run firms that go under immediately the incumbent administration leaves power.
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by Gbawe: 1:52pm On Jan 11, 2010
Frank-C:

The packaging has just began. It is an open secret (from the print media) that this Lamido guy is OBJ's candidate for VP in the circumstance of YRD's permanent incapacitation. This was just how the packaging of YRD started and we all know the end. How come this whole 'miracle in jigawa' has been hidden till now? We are watching.

I was thinking the same thing too . It seems as if we poor students of history in Nigeria . It was the OBJ spin machine that touted Yardy as "the least corrupt and most fiscally responsible Governor in Nigeria"  grin grin

Today we can see that Yar Adua is anything but "fiscally responsible". Also, under Yar Adua corruption is aided and promoted rather than prosecuted !!!! Anyone backed by OBJ should be rejected by Nigerians because OBJ is not interested in the development of Nigeria.
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 11, 2010
I guess this is just a calculated attempt by poster to begin to present this Governor to Nigerian for an eventual selection to become VP slot to Goodluck Jonathan come next week!
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by otokx(m): 2:18pm On Jan 11, 2010
Shey na so Yar Adua been perform that time; its a pity Nigerians will still not wise up.
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by samix(m): 2:26pm On Jan 11, 2010
I must commend the work of gov. lamido, he has really done well if all the pictures available are anything to go by. I served in jigawa state from feb 06 to jan 07 and back then the state was in a very terrible state, therefore keep up the good work Lamido. Two thumbs up man
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by Gbawe: 2:34pm On Jan 11, 2010
macfarland:

I guess this is just a calculated attempt by poster to begin to present this Governor to Nigerian for an eventual selection to become VP slot to Goodluck Jonathan come next week!

Indeed . Another OBJ stooge , positioned to be President in 2011, is the last thing Nigeria needs at this critical stage in its democratic history. Jonathan will probably see out Yardy's tenure and he will then have to hand over to a Northerner as he will never be given the candidacy at the upcoming PDP Presidential primaries. This is why every power bloc is trying to position their candidate as VP next to Jonathan. Once in the corridor of power as VP , it is easy to become the PDP presidential candidate and ultimately the President of Nigeria.  

We have been nationally stagnant for far too long and we don't need any retrogressive imposition , ala Yar Adua  , come 2011. Lamido should bounce !!! He is OBJ's man and it is the same OBJ that worked with many progressive Northerner yet could only impose a visionless and feudal introvert on Nigeria !!!
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by saintiyke(m): 2:37pm On Jan 11, 2010
@ poster ,what is your objective. are u the campaign manager . how much were u paid for this wonderful post.well, i have heard it before now, the northerns wants to use sule lamido to intimated goodluck jonathan. against the next election.let me advice you, its not going to work.watch  it  cool
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by real4life: 2:39pm On Jan 11, 2010
When Saminu Turaki was governor, all his commissioners and top government officials used to live in Kano because Jigawa was totally inhabitable for them. I think one of the first things Sule Lamido did was to order all top government officials to either live in Dutse or resign from office. That is impressive as well

@OAM4J

just wondering are you presently in Guildford?
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by vicishow(m): 2:55pm On Jan 11, 2010
Thank God for him.

We Wey Remain Make We Open Our Brain and Start Something,
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by Ben13: 3:05pm On Jan 11, 2010
hmmm. . .we can't compare our mega city governor to that village champion grin
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by Ajike: 3:23pm On Jan 11, 2010
This is quite impresive but hope those religion rioters will not come and burn it down all in d name of religion/politikal riot
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by agabaI23(m): 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2010
I heard OBJ is projecting him for the VP in case GWURA GWURA dies!
Re: Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 11, 2010
I heard OBJ is projecting him for the VP in case GWURA GWURA dies!

that is what this most definitely looks like - the guy has been in office for two years and under the radar, just as our dear departed president was under the radar until they started lauding him for er 'hoarding' katsina money instead of spending it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Moves To Reduce Parastatals, Agencies / 5 Question Obasanjo Asked GEJ In The Presence Of Two Pastors / Who Killed Prince Abubakar Audu? (hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.