Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service (18132 Views)

GE Partners NYSC To Empower Young Nigeria Entrepreneurs / SUSSEX University Partners NYSC On Youth Development / Open Letter To Fg, Nysc By A Frustrated 2016 Batch B Stream 2 Hopeful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by GodsloveEze(m): 6:11pm On May 11, 2017
dammy13:
Teach For Nigeria (TFN), an NGO, said that it would partner the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) by recruiting 60 outstanding graduates as teachers during the one-year compulsory service.

Miss Folawe Omikunle , Chief Executive Officer, CEO, of TFN told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the recruited graduates would be from the country’s tertiary institutions and from the Diaspora.

The CEO said this was coming under a two-year
fellowship and leadership development programme initiated by her NGO.

Omikunle said that the graduates who would be recruited from all fields of studies; would on recruitment, be addressed as fellows.

She said that the fellows would work as full time teachers in some of the understaffed public schools in Ogun and Lagos States after TFN would have trained them.

According to her, the NGO will be paying them monthly stipends in addition to their normal monthly allowances from the NYSC.

“It will be recruiting 60 fellows out of the no fewer than 4,000 graduates that had applied."

“The 60 fellows will teach in public and low income schools,’’ Omikunle said.
She said that the objective of TFN was to bridge the education inequality in the country.

According to her, the TFN-collaboration with the NYSC becomes necessary because some outstanding graduates who had studied abroad are applying for recruitment by the TFN for the scheme.

She said that such graduates could not be employed because they had not participated in the NYSC one-year compulsory programme.

“We are already talking with the NYSC officials on how one year out of the two years such fellows will spent with us can be used as service year."

“This is because our programme is in line with the policy of the NYSC that encourages most corps members to teach in schools during the service year,’’ she said.

She said that about 4,000 graduates from within the country and broad had applied to be recruited.

The best 60 would be recruited to teach in the some poorly staffed schools from the beginning of the 2017/ 2018 academic session, she said.

http://fabinfos.com/ngo-partner-nysc-recruiting-60-graduates-service-year/

That's a good start for other NGOs and Governmental organisation to follow suit.
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 11, 2017
Edu3Again:
THIS CHARADE CALLED NYSC IS SIMPLY A PLOY TO TAKE CHEAP LABOUR FROM THE SOUTH TO THE NORTH.
NOTHING ELSE.

WE SPEND MILLIONS EDUCATING OUR PEOPLE,
THE NORTH TAKES THEM AND PAYS THEM SILLY SALARIES.
IN SOME CASES EVEN KILLS THEM.

ANOTHER REASON WHY THE SOUTH NEEDS TO RISE UP,
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. angry

so what of the northern coppers that gets thrown into ur mosquito laden jungles & land full of erossion to teach ur ignorant relatives in the VILLAGE. 90% of southern coppers choose redeployment to the southern states while the northern ones keep teaching ur village people for peanuts or nothing sometimes
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by olagamalin(m): 8:07pm On May 11, 2017
Sirpaul:
My friend has been disturbing me to watch a movie he acted,
I finally did and saw him with a hand fan, fanning the Igwe from part 1 - 4"

You didn't even bother to reference the fact you stole it from Twitter.
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by Edu3Again: 8:23pm On May 11, 2017
Jiang:

so what of the northern coppers that gets thrown into ur mosquito laden jungles & land full of erossion to teach ur ignorant relatives in the VILLAGE. 90% of southern coppers choose redeployment to the southern states while the northern ones keep teaching ur village people for peanuts or nothing sometimes

If that is so, please lets stop it and see who will loose smiley

You need to ask yourself why Southerners do not want to go to the North. wink

We would love to leave you to ur own devices.
But patience it's coming.
The west now know that you dont regard them.

We know in the SE % SS, SW is just finding out.
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by buffalowings4: 8:27pm On May 11, 2017
Sirpaul:

grin
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by buffalowings4: 8:32pm On May 11, 2017
LuckyWinner:
Okay, good one from TFN. But why are most graduates being pushed towards teaching roles? I feel that the mandatory one year program should enable Corpers serve in other fields like agriculture, manufacturing, engineering, ICT etc which can greatly contribute to the development of our country.

There are numerous other productive ways that talented Corpers can serve. But it appears that teaching is the most likely role for majority of them. Why? We all focus on teaching the same thing we were thought and very few are encouraged to serve in the field they studied in school. What's the point then? You study a very practical course and you come to school to teach and probably become a teacher who never has an opportunity to practice anything you've been teaching your students.

Nigeria don't need more teachers. We have more than enough jobless people already trooping out of school without any job. Not all these people need to go and teach again. Nigeria needs drivers of the economy. We need productive people who can break new grounds in the fields of science, technology, medicine, engineering, agriculture etc.

Let our govt tap into the full potential of our youth Corpers and at least post them to where they can be more useful than just teaching. Teaching is a nice profession, but not everyone is meant to be a teacher. This posting of most Corpers to schools is not helping us at all. Post Corpers to where they can practice and utilise their talents productively. It will help Nigeria go a long way.

#FromAconcernedPCM
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 11, 2017
Edu3Again:

If that is so, please lets stop it and see who will loose smiley

You need to ask yourself why Southerners do not want to go to the North. wink

We would love to leave you to ur own devices.
But patience it's coming.
The west now know that you dont regard them.

We know in the SE % SS, SW is just finding out.

Pls lets stop ut5, the way you southern coppers IMPREGNATE women when you come here is quite alarming
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by Edu3Again: 9:57pm On May 11, 2017
Jiang:

Pls lets stop ut5, the way you southern coppers IMPREGNATE women when you come here is quite alarming

At least southerners impregnate WOMEN not MINORS
Unlike the North, that likes them underaged
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 11, 2017
Edu3Again:

At least southerners impregnate WOMEN not MINORS Unlike the North, that likes them underaged
so u admit, ur flat headed bros, are genuine fu#k boys

Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 11, 2017
fromacho:
ok o

Don't u people ever get tired of dis scam, you may successfully scam the gullibles but i assure you, YOU WILL NEVER ENJOY THAT MONEY.

idiot!!!!
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by naturefellow(m): 10:55pm On May 11, 2017
Sirpaul:
hahahaha grin
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by sirusX(m): 12:16am On May 12, 2017
LuckyWinner:
Okay, good one from TFN. But why are most graduates being pushed towards teaching roles? I feel that the mandatory one year program should enable Corpers serve in other fields like agriculture, manufacturing, engineering, ICT etc which can greatly contribute to the development of our country.

There are numerous other productive ways that talented Corpers can serve. But it appears that teaching is the most likely role for majority of them. Why? We all focus on teaching the same thing we were thought and very few are encouraged to serve in the field they studied in school. What's the point then? You study a very practical course and you come to school to teach and probably become a teacher who never has an opportunity to practice anything you've been teaching your students.

Nigeria don't need more teachers. We have more than enough jobless people already trooping out of school without any job. Not all these people need to go and teach again. Nigeria needs drivers of the economy. We need productive people who can break new grounds in the fields of science, technology, medicine, engineering, agriculture etc.

Let our govt tap into the full potential of our youth Corpers and at least post them to where they can be more useful than just teaching. Teaching is a nice profession, but not everyone is meant to be a teacher. This posting of most Corpers to schools is not helping us at all. Post Corpers to where they can practice and utilise their talents productively. It will help Nigeria go a long way.

#FromAconcernedPCM
I wonder why the government has not been thinking of this as a way forward

We keep going round in circles doing the same thing year after year...and what difference has it made?

Yet, there are those who claim to be educated and leading the development of our nation, when we can harness the strength of the people to make our country great again
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by Edu3Again: 1:54am On May 12, 2017
Jiang:

so u admit, ur flat headed bros, are genuine fu#k boys

The question you should ask is,
why are ur Boko Haram bros into minors?
If ur people are not blowing people up, they are looking for under aged gals.
why?
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by platinumtt: 2:15am On May 12, 2017
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by Nobody: 3:50am On May 12, 2017
Edu3Again:

The question you should ask is,
why are ur Boko Haram bros into minors?
If ur people are not blowing people up, they are looking for under aged gals.
why?

looks like comprehension is a bit of problem for you, You are free to stop quoting me whenever you get tired

Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by Edu3Again: 4:40am On May 12, 2017
Jiang:

looks like comprehension is a bit of problem for you, You are free to stop quoting me whenever you get tired
Once you and ur fellow Almajaris don't blow me up, no wahala..
If you want blow urself up, please do it alone.
Away from the South, since your kind only like blood shed.
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by Mayflowa(m): 5:21am On May 12, 2017
Alleviating:
60 out of 200,000 graduates? undecided undecided
Una try kiss

WATCH NIGERIAN LADY WITH THE BIGGEST SOMETHING

That is an NGO. They are non-profit organisation the probably applied for international grant to do this. You should appreciate it. This is something you can do too. Now, what have you done for your country and countrymen?
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by LuckyWinner(m): 8:54am On May 12, 2017
sirusX:

I wonder why the government has not been thinking of this as a way forward

We keep going round in circles doing the same thing year after year...and what difference has it made?

Yet, there are those who claim to be educated and leading the development of our nation, when we can harness the strength of the people to make our country great again
My brother, it has made no difference whatsoever. Rather, it further enslaves our Corpers as job seekers rather than job creators. Do you know how far a scientific, medical or agricultural breakthrough in Nigeria can go in creating jobs? Sometimes, I don't know whether this country cares at all about the youths.

1 Like

Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by sirusX(m): 11:59am On May 12, 2017
LuckyWinner:

My brother, it has made no difference whatsoever. Rather, it further enslaves our Corpers as job seekers rather than job creators. Do you know how far a scientific, medical or agricultural breakthrough in Nigeria can go in creating jobs? Sometimes, I don't know whether this country cares at all about the youths.
They keep talking about youths, but I don't see an implementation of a sustainable broad plan
It's just in the news for the moment and then fizzles away with the dust
We should lean towards pioneering ideas and making a difference...that's how nations thrive
but we are yet to create an environment stable enough to grow an economy and utilize/harness the skills of the populace

1 Like

Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by Codes151(m): 12:30pm On May 12, 2017
Recruiting 60 out of 4,000 in each camp ( another 3000 for stream B) and another 4000 (batch b)

We have lost it
Re: Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service by Edu3Again: 1:17pm On May 12, 2017
Jiang:

I beg dey type oh, if not the only other thing for you na to strap on bomb and blow person up
OR To go look for minor to abuse like ur people. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: NYSC Shifts Camp Reopening Date, Bans Religious Gatherings / NBC Issues DSB And IPTV Broadcast Licence To NYSC / A Simple Prayer For All Youth Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.