Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks (22221 Views)

Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. / Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers / Fire Razes Down Shops In Ikotun, Betterlife Ijora Markets(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by sunnysunny69(m): 12:00pm On May 12, 2017
Langbasa:
U are here hating on Nnamdi kanu while he is out there enjoying himself and agitating for Biafra the more,as i dey look u so u fit go commit suicide on top Nnamdi kanu matter,ODEBURUKU,OMO ALE JATIJATI.
another iPob nonsense flat head.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by Rilwan20(m): 12:02pm On May 12, 2017
Arsenalholic1:
If this happened in RSA many will come here and be shouting Xenophobia.

I don't see the sense in attacking people going about their business lawfully. Allow police to fish out the animal who killed the young lady and let these barbaric acts stop.

I'm lukewarm to jungle justice, but Nigerian police is as useless as a broken leg.
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by tifany89(m): 12:12pm On May 12, 2017
enigma2007:

The honest truth is that if Biafra happens today, people are still not going to stay within the Biafran lands because they will need commerce or to trade. Except Biafra is going to exist in isolation.

So going solo or not wouldn't have stopped the disruption of business activities going on right now. Law enforcement agencies needs to come in force to protect the innocent people that are caught up with all these nonsense.
Truth is its not the same thing. These kind of senseless killings of citizens are enough ground to go to war if it were separate countries. At least a strongly worded letter to the other government will go a long way to prevent such senseless behaviours.
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by GameGod(m): 12:16pm On May 12, 2017
kenex4ever:
dem neva conclude investigation to know if na igbo boy kill her and police said her body is intact so it's not for ritual. Na your ibadan people Dey sell human parts upandan
Im from the north
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by enemyofprogress: 12:19pm On May 12, 2017
They are the most hated tribe of Malaysia tongue tongue
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by kenex4ever(m): 12:22pm On May 12, 2017
GameGod:
Im from the north
lies but if true then check front page n you will see that your brother from plateau just beheaded his son for ritual.https://www.nairaland.com/3793620/man-beheads-son-plateau-state
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by tifany89(m): 12:27pm On May 12, 2017
kingthreatz:

It's obvious it has been going on for a long time. Igbos will do anything for money
You are just commenting senselessly, it has been going on and no reports of it anywhere. Try and be reasonable for once in your life, it doesn't cost much
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by Boanage1(m): 12:31pm On May 12, 2017
Shawnnn01:

And there we go again with Igbo victim mentality. Have you ever stopped to figure out why everyone hate you and try adjusting to conform so that you can be accepted instead of blaming everyone for not accepting your pompous disrespectful ways . Just a thought.

Have you ever stopped to ask yourself why you believe so much in bigoted hearsay, instead of getting facts just as the Person you quoted suggested?
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by mekonglobal(m): 12:32pm On May 12, 2017
tifany89:

What really happened? I can see some yorubas displaying their stupidity all over the whole place. Irks me how a group of people will just decide to be stupid beyond comprehension. Tomorrow one idiot will talk about southern unity. Unite with such vile,hate-fillee and treacherous people will be a big mistake.
I Am Not A Good Story Teller, What Has Happened, As The Police Is Now Involved, I Guess We Should Allow Them Do Their Job. Here Are Things U Consider;
The Two People Involve Were Lovers
It Was A Fight That Broke Out Between Them.
The Hotel The Girl Died Was The Same That She Stays As Sex Woker.
And The Guy In Question Lives As A Tenant In The Girl's Father Compound.
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by tifany89(m): 12:33pm On May 12, 2017
[quote author=Rightboy post=56449809][/quote]
Na wa for all these Afonjas o. We have more reports of ritual related killings in Ogun state than all the south east states put together not to talk of other yoruba states. That is why Ogun state was named the ritual capital of Nigeria and u are here foaming in the mouth because of an incident that haven't even really been confirmed coz the report said "alleged" . I wonder how people will leave their plenty flaws and be focusing on other people's own. Hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by Saintsquare(m): 12:35pm On May 12, 2017
tifany89:

What really happened? I can see some yorubas displaying their stupidity all over the whole place. Irks me how a group of people will just decide to be stupid beyond comprehension. Tomorrow one idiot will talk about southern unity. Unite with such vile,hate-fillee and treacherous people will be a big mistake.
lol now e dey pain u abi,but u don't see anything wrong when your kinsmen mock Yorubas anytime we got issues with Hausa or all the ranting about osinbajo.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by GameGod(m): 12:44pm On May 12, 2017
kenex4ever:
lies but if true then check front page n you will see that your brother from plateau just beheaded his son for ritual.https://www.nairaland.com/3793620/man-beheads-son-plateau-state
Plateau is in middle belt. Im from core North.
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by ransomed: 12:46pm On May 12, 2017
lonelydora:
Why attack people going about their business? Tochukwu is not only Igbos that bear it, we have many people in Rivers State who bear Igbo names too, Ikwerres, Etche, Ubima, etc.

This hatred for Igbos by South south people is the reason I didn't support Jonathan in 2015. Had Jonathan been an Igbo man they wouldn't have supported him.

Thank God he lost.
:::-- May the soul of Prof. Chinua Achebe rest in peace. Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold. The gruesome murder of "Ikemefuna" must be atoned. Biafra is crumbling....

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by tifany89(m): 12:47pm On May 12, 2017
DaPuncline:

have you even condemn the act before trying to vindicate the accuser? you suck.
Your people have filled up the thread with tribal slurs. Nobody is supporting wat d guy did but the truth is the person wasnt caught and how dey came up with the guy being Igbo leaves sane discerning minds wondering. So I go and book a room in a hotel with the plan of killing someone for ritual purposes and I will fill in my real name abi? Guy u self went to school and you can reason without following crowd mentality. Attacking people who had no hand in it shows d level of reasoning of the residents of that place. See how yorubas here are happy about the little altercation and am not understanding. Not even a thought for the bereaved family, they are just happy making vile comments and all. Happy that there are ethnic squabbles. Sucks to be an Afonja.
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by osicom: 12:48pm On May 12, 2017
xynerise:
The attack shows that The Bayelsas already hate the Igbos or probably are jealous of their success in the state more than them.

I know Bayelsans are very lazy people

This is a sad stereotype.To you, all Nigerians are lazy except the Ibos. I am ashamed of ur comment. Make peace with ur host community, respect and do not look down on them.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by Kakayaraznits(m): 12:51pm On May 12, 2017
lonelydora:
Why attack people going about their business? Tochukwu is not only Igbos that bear it, we have many people in Rivers State who bear Igbo names too, Ikwerres, Etche, Ubima, etc.

This hatred for Igbos by South south people is the reason I didn't support Jonathan in 2015. Had Jonathan been an Igbo man they wouldn't have supported him.

Thank God he lost.

Neva knew south south people also got hatred for igbos!!!! So u mean north, south west and south south hate south east!
Bettter emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by intruxive(m): 12:52pm On May 12, 2017
ONYII4TRUT:

U ARE AN ETHNIC BIGGOT. IFE AND MODAKEKE, WHT DO U CALL THAT, THE INCEST ONE BIG YORUBA MAN HAS BEEN COMMITTING WHAT DO U CALL THAT? THE YORUBA RITUALIST CAUGHT AT OGUN STATE THAT IS CALLED WHAT? CONDEMN EVIL NO MATTER WHO IS INVOLVED DO NOT GIVE IT ANY ETHNIC UNDERTONE. U KEEP SPEWING HATE AND THE IGBOS KEEP ON EXCELLING AND U ARE STILL NOT TIRED. U BETTER WATCH URSELF BEFORE U FALL IN THE PIT U HAVE DUG FOR ANOTHER PERSON
joe igbokwe come and carry this ur "self apointed" defense lawyer brother of urs off my mentions o. They af come SAC (senior advocate of criminals)

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by kenex4ever(m): 1:04pm On May 12, 2017
GameGod:
Plateau is in middle belt. Im from core North.
na u sabi, when I bring up kano own now u go relocate to Cameroun

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by xynerise: 1:04pm On May 12, 2017
osicom:

This is a sad stereotype.To you, all Nigerians are lazy except the Ibos. I am ashamed of ur comment. Make peace with ur host community, respect and do not look down on them.

And where did they look down on them? So just because one person committed a crime you had to attack his entire tribe? Now tell me the meaning of stereotype again if this is not a stereotypical judgment on the igbos

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by DaPuncline: 1:15pm On May 12, 2017
tifany89:

Your people have filled up the thread with tribal slurs. Nobody is supporting wat d guy did but the truth is the person wasnt caught and how dey came up with the guy being Igbo leaves sane discerning minds wondering. So I go and book a room in a hotel with the plan of killing someone for ritual purposes and I will fill in my real name abi? Guy u self went to school and you can reason without following crowd mentality. Attacking people who had no hand in it shows d level of reasoning of the residents of that place. See how yorubas here are happy about the little altercation and am not understanding. Not even a thought for the bereaved family, they are just happy making vile comments and all. Happy that there are ethnic squabbles. Sucks to be an Afonja.
STFU and stop playing the victim card, your goons on nairaland drew the first blood by saying the accused person is a Yoruba man coz they are known for ritual killing, so you now expected me to clap for them? use ur sense naw. Have you forgotten how ur brothers jubilated when mile 12 incident happened calling us sort of names like slaves, cowards and you are forming Pope Francis becos the case is about an igbo man's greed and thirst for blood. You are a bloody hypocrite, you can go to hell and burn to ashes.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by osicom: 1:17pm On May 12, 2017
staga:
Ijaw youths are some of the laziest in Nigeria. These are shops allocated to them which they sold to the Igbos. They are allocated jobs, they sell same to Igbos. If the Igbos leave Ijaw land, what will become of them? All they know to do is to drink, womanize and break pipelines. That is why an Ijaw woman will hang out with an Igbo man because they are hardworking and have family values, unlike our people.

And yes, this is coming from a disgusted Niger Deltan who is piqued at the behaviour of our youths. We are our own problem in the Niger Delta.

My brother, I will respectfully disagree with some things u mentioned. I am from SS, it is wrong for u to say Ijaw youths are some of the laziest in Nigeria. Though I am not Ijaw, I know some of them who are excellent and hardworking. Are we saying there are no lazy people in Ibo land? Let's us be very cautious.

I condemn both the killing of the girl and the reaction from the host community.
Here is my take, whoever you are, if u live in a community, make peace with them, respect and do not look down on them (by claiming to be hardworking). I am saddened by comments by some Ibos that the Ijaws are lazy.This is unacceptable. There is virtually any tribe in Nigeria they do not call names. If it is Yorubas, name calling; Hausas, name calling etc., some names I cannot mention here. Personally, there was a time my tribe was labelled as a tribe of 'witches'.They even called my state the 'capital of witchcraft'. This is not true, if it is true that my tribe practice such, me not not being a part of it makes that assumption false. If Ibos land is this perfect haven being advanced here, then why going outside their states to SS, SW and to the North to eke out a living? I never mean to be insulting. The message is, respect the people who host you. Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by osicom: 1:25pm On May 12, 2017
obamabinladen:
If your daughter die in the hands of his boy friend, all the non indigenes must pay for it abi?.

Investigation will tell.For now, let us not conclude about the identity of the killer. We dont know yet otherwise we become bias
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by tifany89(m): 1:26pm On May 12, 2017
DaPuncline:

STFU and stop playing the victim card, your goons on nairaland drew the first blood by saying the accused person is a Yoruba man coz they are known for ritual killing, so you now expected me to clap for them? use ur sense naw. Have you forgotten how ur brothers jubilated when mile 12 incident happened calling us sort of names like slaves, cowards and you are forming Pope Francis becos the case is about an igbo man's greed and thirst for blood. You are a bloody hypocrite, you can go to hell and burn to ashes.
And I made the mistake of thinking you are even reasonable not knowing that you are just like the rest of them, stupid, uncouth, hate-filled, senseless and mischevious hypocrites . So the Igbos drew the first blood abi? when all the comments relating to this issue are still dere for all to see. This post had barely been posted when your people infiltrated it with hate n bile comments. Go to the front page of this post and see how your brethren are making a fool of themselves thinking it's Igbos they are doing mtchewwww.You are a bastardd son of several fathers. Oponu. It's u and your family and relations dat will burn to Ashes in hell. Goat
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by osicom: 1:30pm On May 12, 2017
tifany89:

Let us not insult to make our point. Are we still gentle men? I am afraid we the young ppl still spill fire. What is the hope of this country? Every thing is along the SE,SS,North, SW divide.
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by osicom: 1:35pm On May 12, 2017
xynerise:

And where did they look down on them? So just because one person committed a crime you had to attack his entire tribe? Now tell me the meaning of stereotype again if this is not a stereotypical judgment on the igbos

There is nothing like the perfect person or tribe here.What I observed here is that every tribe claim to the tribe of saints when issues come up.This is true whether u are from SS,SW,SE or the North. We look down on one tribe and paint ours as the best.This is displayed on nairaland all the time.
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by phorget(m): 1:39pm On May 12, 2017
Blame the girl's parents for allowing there teenage girl to even get involved in a relationship to the extent of staying the night out with a 'boyfriend'...
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by osicom: 1:44pm On May 12, 2017
lonelydora:

Thank God he lost.

What? The SS hates Ibos, the SW hates Ibos, the North hates Ibos etc
Is this a valid point. What is really the problem?
I am from SS, I have known Ibos right from the my childhood, doing businesses all over my state peacefully, some even marrying from their host community and we see them as one of us. People from other tribes have treated me bad in the past and some will in the future. Should I come here and say that and that tribe is bad? Man, you are wrong. Stop creating further hatred which has ruined this country. Let us look deep inward and be sincere in our approach. Please no insult.
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by Jace234(m): 1:44pm On May 12, 2017
Na today? Apias/ijaws don dey deal with igbos in their state since time immemorial. In the 90s, the time wey market still dey for ovom, homeboiz dey enter market collect things wey dem no pay for and discharge. I dey ogbele street dat time, homeboiz dey march igbos down every day. Na their way! Dem no need any reason
Re: Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks by JANK23H(m): 1:48pm On May 12, 2017
Dedetwo:

The alleged suspect could be Ijo after all as any dumbass in Nigeria can lodge into a hotel with any given name. This is a kneejerk reaction that reeks of ethnic bias. Nigeria will not know unity.
I condemn the violence on innocent Igbo traders,i'll also like you to know that killing for rituals is alien to Ijaws.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt / The Used Clothes Business In Nigeria. / Akingbola File A Suit To Recover Intercontinental Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.