Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable (33330 Views)

Buhari To Bandits: "Surrender Or Face Disgraceful And Violent End" / Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by jamislaw(m): 9:09pm On May 12, 2017
Nkem4040:

Shattap there. If you don't understand psychology, you won't understand what the OP is trying to do. Nothing happened that warrants the over the top reporting to incite Ijaws against their Igbo brethren. Where were you when Hausa-Fulani slaughtered Yorubaas in Osun? This pathological Igbo hater is intentionally fanning this news to inflate the a very minor issue. I know you are an Afonja pretending to be from SS with your Igbo phobia and penchant or divisiveness.
stop smoking weed it was Afonja that slaughtered Hausa Fulani, lets i forget every dedicated Nairalander knows the OP.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Lloydfolarin: 9:12pm On May 12, 2017
hammer6:

Today people in delta will identify as Ukwuani but yet Nzegwu and Ukwuani man coup was blamed on the whole Igbo nation. That was the only coup in Nigeria given a tribe, despite the huge involvement of Yoruba Officers and certain Hausa like Hassan Katsina.

Regardless, they called it Igbo coup. Now ask urself with subsequent coup after that, were named after the mastermind and not his percieved ethnic group?

As much as i don't want to get involved in this thread, reading those lies up there got me straight up. You are a liar.

Pls and pls, name 5 Yoruba officers and 5 Hausa/Fulani officers that were involved in the Igbo coup of January 1966 and i ll give you 98% Igbos names involved in the same bloody coup. Pls, how do you justify a coup carried out on the basis of corruption by 98% Yoruba military officers which lead to the death of Buhari, Dogara, Atiku, Ngige, Obiano and other Prominent Northerners and few Igbos without Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fashola, Chief Akande who are the main characters in this present administration? would you accept it as Nigerians coup rather than Yoruba coup? Would you accept it as revolutionary coup? If you would, then, fair enough...

Nnamdi Azikiwe(deputy prime minister), Okpara(Eastern region premier), Wachuku(Foreign Affair minister), Nwafor Orizu(senate president) and others, all these Igbo active members of the same corrupt government escaped the massacre coincidentally while someone in opposition party was killed. The Igbo officers even went as far as killing Yoruba and Hausa top military officers? 22 top top prominent leaders of these two regions were killed by Igbo officers. Coincidentally, an Igbo officer in person of Aguiyi Ironsi became the president and quickly forced Nigerians to accept Unitary system of government despite all pleas from the Northern and Western leaders. Let me even shock you, have you ever why your royal, military and prominent politicians have never talked about how much pressure they mounted on Aguiyi Ironsi not to touch our flourishing regional system of government? No! They kept quiet all through. They were quiet cos Aguiyi Ironsi was serving their purpose until Hausa/Fulani staged their own coup 6 months after. You have tried to force this massacre of 1966 down our throats but we Nigerians know our history and refused this lies.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by oblaak(m): 9:38pm On May 12, 2017
VivianUdeogu:
Tonye, I concur with your write up. As much as you have condemned the irate Ijaw Youths, I expect you to also condemn Tochukwu and his fellow Igbo ritualist.

As an Ada Igbo myself, I am really troubled with the way Igbo youth are getting involved in Ogwu Ego. This has nothing to do with tribalism. We Igbos should tell ourselves the bitter truth.

Chai !! Nsogbu Dikwa !!
So how many have you killed so far for money?
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by yellow237(m): 9:56pm On May 12, 2017
VivianUdeogu:
Tonye, I concur with your write up. As much as you have condemned the irate Ijaw Youths, I expect you to also condemn Tochukwu and his fellow Igbo ritualist.

As an Ada Igbo myself, I am really troubled with the way Igbo youth are getting involved in Ogwu Ego. This has nothing to do with tribalism. We Igbos should tell ourselves the bitter truth.

Chai !! Nsogbu Dikwa !!
my dear if to say ogwu ego dey easy as u talk am every igbo man for don become millionaire na bt dey no easy at all even 419 easy pass dat one
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Dedetwo(m): 10:06pm On May 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I am reading in shame the disgraceful act of some indigent Ijaw youths in Biagbolo, Bayelsa against innocent traders of Igbo extraction under the guise of avenging the death of 17-year-old Faith Omosovu Pius, who was murdered by a certain "Tochukwu" suspected to be of Igbo extraction.

While I'm concerned about the gruesome murder of Faith and the calamity it has brought on the people of Biagbolo, the family of the deceased and the entire Ijaw nation, I can't help but condemn the irresponsible and barbaric actions of some youths in the community in reaction to the sad incident.

Firstly, the youths must understand that even in animal kingdom the action of a an animal cannot be said to be that of the entire group except they assent to it. So why should responsible and law abiding traders be meant to pay for the sin of a particular individual? Why should we take action that even animals will frown at? We are meant to be above every animal, so why should we do what they despise? What concerns the Igbo businessman in his shop with the action of Tochukwu?

Secondly, our people in Bayelsa must realise that any society that does not make herself to be conducive and accommodating to visitors and investors is bound to the ruins. Even the greatest economies in the world open their doors to people with legitimate interest. Why should some Bayelsans take action that discourages not only existing Businesses but also prospective businesses?

Thirdly, what about if every tribe in Nigeria adopt such strategy? What about if Yoruba people attack Ijaws in their various communities in Ikorodu and other parts of Ogun and Lagos States simply because some misguided Ijaw people took their militancy to a higher realm by engaging in kidnapping, armed robbery, reckless killings and other social vices within Yoruba land? Will it be justified?

And fourthly, how are we even sure that the culprit has no Ijaw accomplice? Will they kill all Ijaws and destroy their sources of livelihood if an Ijaw man is found out to be an accomplice?

For the sake of sanity, a crime has been committed, the appropriate thing to do is to ensure that the authorities act on it and justice be done, while working with the Igbo community/traders within the locality to ensure that the culprit and his accomplice(s) are not shielded.

I urge the Police and Bayelsa state government to do all within their powers to ensure that justice is not only done to Miss Faith but also to those Igbo traders that fell victim of the misguided actions of some youths in the community.

In strong terms, I condemn the violence against law abiding Igbo traders and residents in Bayelsa state. I sincerely apologize over the barbaric action of those misguided youths.

Ijaw means truth, the truth we must not compromise. In Peace Faith...

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

Any Ijo or anybody can lodge in a hotel in Nigeria with the name, Tochukwu. The alleged suspect has not been apprehended in order to ascertain the true identity of the evil doer. It is completely out of realms of humanity for Ijo youths to attack the Igbo simply on the alleged name of the suspect. Had the name be Tombia or Dokubo, would Ijo youths attack the properties of Ijo in Bayelsa State? In fact, Nigeria is a piece of joke.

1 Like

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 12, 2017
What's all these?

Can't we develop Bayelsa in peace?

Even GEJ is Azikiwe.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 12, 2017
mexxmoney:

If you are an ada Igbo, then Satan is reigning in heaven. Why can't u be proud of your own tribe. And why u had to go to extent of pretending to be Igbo baffles me. What purpose does it serve?
It vexes me when you act like you have monopoly on who us Igbo. How far have you travelled ? Jesus! do you know there are Igbo everywhere! with unique backgrounds.

During my service year in Ondo , in that interior village were Four Igbo people doing odd jobs and one restaurant lady.
she has kids all speaking "Afonja" how I knew they were igbos was I received a call from home and replied my mom in Igbo, the woman was happy and had her second daughter serve me all the time ( and insist on speaking Igbo anytime I come to eat) they daughters don't speak well but they understand.
Thanks to her I was able to survive the food there. There is a large Igbo population here in Brisbane too. Very little of the kids even know how to speak or write igbo and I also grew up among "Afonja" in Lagos.
You people should stop claiming who is Igbo or not because others don't agree.We are a large and diverse bunch.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:40pm On May 12, 2017
[quote author=waledeji post=56456607][/quote]
Why are you showing us your cone head ancestor
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by mexxmoney: 12:11am On May 13, 2017
kpodosky:

It vexes me when you act like you have monopoly on who us Igbo. How far have you travelled ? Jesus! do you know there are Igbo everywhere! with unique backgrounds.

During my service year in Ondo , in that interior village were Four Igbo people doing odd jobs and one restaurant lady.
she has kids all speaking "Afonja" how I knew they were igbos was I received a call from home and replied my mom in Igbo, the woman was happy and had her second daughter serve me all the time ( and insist on speaking Igbo anytime I come to eat) they daughters don't speak well but they understand.
Thanks to her I was able to survive the food there. There is a large Igbo population here in Brisbane too. Very little of the kids even know how to speak or write igbo and I also grew up among "Afonja" in Lagos.
You people should stop claiming who is Igbo or not because others don't agree.We are a large and diverse bunch.

She is not Igbo, end of story
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Elsouraj: 12:36am On May 13, 2017
;Dlet them reap wat they sow! thatz d only way to show dis useless, heartless and greedy ppl of abi na igbosssss abi na ipoD dat they are alone! U heard me U ppl ar alone wit ur greedness of thinking U ar above dat ijaws and oda SS will always be wit U, Hmmm! after we all knw about who ipoD ar.... LOL i dey laff in 4D ;Dlet them reap wat they sow! thatz d only way to show dis useless, heartless and greedy ppl of abi na igbosssss abi na ipoD dat they are alone! U heard me U ppl ar alone wit ur greedness of thinking U ar above dat ijaws and oda SS will always be wit U, Hmmm! after we all knw about who ipoD ar.... LOL i dey laff in 4D
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by goldedprince: 1:18am On May 13, 2017
you Igbos can use afonjas and hausa for your ritual, if you come to ijaw land and do nonsense, we will sacrifice you to egbesu.
we dont take shit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Dedetwo(m): 1:37am On May 13, 2017
dreamworld:

U must be very stew pid to write that igbo etche/ egbema people are not igbos. u should also say ohaji/egbema part of imo state are not igbos too, anu mpam

Bros the dude is a confused ninny.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by finest82(f): 3:25am On May 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I am reading in shame the disgraceful act of some indigent Ijaw youths in Biagbolo, Bayelsa against innocent traders of Igbo extraction under the guise of avenging the death of 17-year-old Faith Omosovu Pius, who was murdered by a certain "Tochukwu" suspected to be of Igbo extraction.

While I'm concerned about the gruesome murder of Faith and the calamity it has brought on the people of Biagbolo, the family of the deceased and the entire Ijaw nation, I can't help but condemn the irresponsible and barbaric actions of some youths in the community in reaction to the sad incident.

Firstly, the youths must understand that even in animal kingdom the action of a an animal cannot be said to be that of the entire group except they assent to it. So why should responsible and law abiding traders be meant to pay for the sin of a particular individual? Why should we take action that even animals will frown at? We are meant to be above every animal, so why should we do what they despise? What concerns the Igbo businessman in his shop with the action of Tochukwu?

Secondly, our people in Bayelsa must realise that any society that does not make herself to be conducive and accommodating to visitors and investors is bound to the ruins. Even the greatest economies in the world open their doors to people with legitimate interest. Why should some Bayelsans take action that discourages not only existing Businesses but also prospective businesses?

Thirdly, what about if every tribe in Nigeria adopt such strategy? What about if Yoruba people attack Ijaws in their various communities in Ikorodu and other parts of Ogun and Lagos States simply because some misguided Ijaw people took their militancy to a higher realm by engaging in kidnapping, armed robbery, reckless killings and other social vices within Yoruba land? Will it be justified?

And fourthly, how are we even sure that the culprit has no Ijaw accomplice? Will they kill all Ijaws and destroy their sources of livelihood if an Ijaw man is found out to be an accomplice?

For the sake of sanity, a crime has been committed, the appropriate thing to do is to ensure that the authorities act on it and justice be done, while working with the Igbo community/traders within the locality to ensure that the culprit and his accomplice(s) are not shielded.

I urge the Police and Bayelsa state government to do all within their powers to ensure that justice is not only done to Miss Faith but also to those Igbo traders that fell victim of the misguided actions of some youths in the community.

In strong terms, I condemn the violence against law abiding Igbo traders and residents in Bayelsa state. I sincerely apologize over the barbaric action of those misguided youths.

Ijaw means truth, the truth we must not compromise. In Peace Faith...

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
It's Biogbolo not Biagbolo.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by emi14: 5:22am On May 13, 2017
Shawnnn01:
Your cup of tea. This is what you get when a certain group believe they alone have monopoly to chest beat. The foolishness should be flogged out of their medulla.
Insanity is innate in you medications can't change your nature.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by emi14: 5:31am On May 13, 2017
adem30:
Why is everybody going against Igbos in this country, Even their acclaimed Brothers
The same thing that made you instead of condemning evil first you choose to ask questions to convince and encourage ur prejudice mind .
Well, I can testify to the treatment I got during my stay short in Abia.

What's happening in Bayelsa is display of stupidity and frustration by some misguided people. No sane man will abandon his job and business to attack innocent people under any
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Nobody: 6:14am On May 13, 2017
adem30:
Why is everybody going against Igbos in this country, Even their acclaimed Brothers

Any people or tribe that appears to have God given abilities or blessings or by sheer gift of Nature appear to be better than others are always hated and especially by those around them. Consider the state of Isreal for instance. America follows closely
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by xelly: 6:24am On May 13, 2017
Shawnnn01:
Your cup of tea. This is what you get when a certain group believe they alone have monopoly to chest beat. The foolishness should be flogged out of their medulla.

Igbo phobia and haters. Does your comment make it legal to act in such capacity in case it occur elsewhere?
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Nobody: 6:35am On May 13, 2017
GavelSlam:

Hausa envious of Igbo.

Yoruba envious of Igbo.

Ijaw envious of Igbo.

South Africans envious of Igbo.

Malaysians envious of Igbo.

The whole world envious of Igbo.

Please tell yourself the truth, something is fundamentally wrong.

Saudi Arabia, Syria, Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Iran, Iraq etc envious of Isreal. Pray tell, what is fundamentally wrong with Isreal? By the time you answer that question, you would have learnt people don't envy unsuccessful people. When it comes to tribes, it is usually a tribe that possess a God given attribute that others don't.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by vanvick247(m): 6:53am On May 13, 2017
Fx55:
I wouldn't fault your opinions on this issue... But we need to get the facts straight. I live in Yenagoa and I'm Igbo... So I'll be stating the facts as they are... For the singular reason that I'm on ground and have been abreast of this issue.

First of all, the name of the community is Biogbolo and not Biagbolo as you wrote.

1. There was an unfortunate and regrettable incident of the gruesome murder of a young Ijaw girl by a supposed Tochukwu of Igbo extraction.

2. No single Igbo person or property was attacked in Yenagoa.

3. Ijaw youths from Biogbolo community held a peaceful protest demanding for justice for the murdered young lady.

4. Tempers were high but at no time did things get out of hand or turn violent.

5. The media has blown this issue out of proportion for whatever reasons I may not be able to explain. Funny enough I learnt about the incident on this forum. It wasn't such a big deal as being speculated in the media.

6. Ijaw and Igbo communities in Yenagoa live peacefully with each other and there's a very high level of mutual respect for each other between the two groups.

7. Things are currently back to normal. Everybody has gone about their business and the matter has been left for the law enforcement to fish out the criminal so he can face justice.

God bless you for this. Most Nigerians are just too gullible. The media has indeed blown this out of proportion. No single picture online of Igbo traders attacked and their properties destroyed in this present time and age when we have cheap camera phones all around. If care is not taken the media will start the war that will divide this country
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Adiola(f): 7:00am On May 13, 2017
Omoluabi16:
I like people like you who are objective.
I hope you ll also like an Igbo Yoruba wanna be objectiveness
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by dembularrr: 7:31am On May 13, 2017
Aniwura:

Because they are too anxious to make money then any other tribe in Nigeria. So try to look inward and check yourselves.

Is it a crime to aspire success
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by dembularrr: 7:43am On May 13, 2017
melodies:
The Igbo traders displayed insensitivity by opening shops when told not to by the grieving people which led to the issue

When they say we reason by animals, so other traders should close shop because some ppl are doing protest, will u provide money for them to cater for their family.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Ubameyang: 7:46am On May 13, 2017
It was reported in the local media dat d said escapee 'Tochukwu' is from Enugu state. Btw he shud pay 4 his crime alone.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by GavelSlam: 7:55am On May 13, 2017
paramakina202:

Well,thank God for internet we are nolonger in the days where everyone depended on Lagos/Ibadan newspapers where they dish out hateful propaganda day in day out againgst the East unchallanged.
Since beginning of time no Eastern tribe have gone out of the way and start murdering each other for any reason.
Easterners are not barbaric and whoever that commited murder must be found and punished according by law.

Umuleri and Aguleri?

1 Like

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by tifany89(m): 8:22am On May 13, 2017
Ogonimilitant:
If truely you are igbo. You a disgrace to igbo race for beleiving such crap of a story
She is not and can never be Igbo. Just a useless pros*** masquerading herself as Igbo. Which reasonable person will use their name and surname as moniker here? It's quite easy to know them
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by tifany89(m): 8:51am On May 13, 2017
Siscooh:

According to you you are objective. You should have sat quietly. Yoruba will never do what you just did, likewise the house. Reasons why you guys are marginalized, taken for granted etc
Gra gra comment Vivian would do nothing. Speak at your circles, gathering, talking to one another. You guys should organize events to talk and pray for this shame to be erased even from the minds of people.
You can't isolate yourself but keep the unity. Why am I even ranting. I just felt your comment is somehow!
Plz don't make the mistake of thinking she is Igbo. Even as useless as dat Igbokwe guy he will not descend to this level. All he comments have always been to deride Igbos so we know them. Save ur breath Bro she/he ain't worth it
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Omoluabi16(m): 8:53am On May 13, 2017
Adiola:
I hope you ll also like an Igbo Yoruba wanna be objectiveness
Absolutely. I don't care, yoruba igbo or whatever tribe.so long you see things devoid of ethnic coloration and stand on truthfulness without bias, then I'll respect you.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by tifany89(m): 8:55am On May 13, 2017
Omoluabi16:
I like people like you who are objective.
You call that rubbish post being objective? Says a lot about the type of person you are. Is yoruba perfect? How many times have u called your people out? Even when FFK does dat I see the barages of insult your type helps on him. Hypocrisy is a disease moreover dat dickhead is an impostor

1 Like

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Adiola(f): 8:59am On May 13, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Absolutely. I don't care, yoruba igbo or whatever tribe.so long you see things devoid of ethnic coloration and stand on truthfulness without bias, then I'll respect you.
you? chief propagandist and grand patron of nairaland Yoruba tribalist please go to the mirror and say this you typed.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Omoluabi16(m): 9:02am On May 13, 2017
Adiola:
you? chief propagandist and grand patron of nairaland Yoruba tribalist please go to the mirror and say this you typed.
It is apparent you do not know me, So I'll leave you to your conclusions.
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Omoluabi16(m): 9:14am On May 13, 2017
tifany89:

You call that rubbish post being objective? Says a lot about the type of person you are. Is yoruba perfect? How many times have u called your people out? Even when FFK does dat I see the barages of insult your type helps on him. Hypocrisy is a disease moreover dat dickhead is an impostor
if that vivian is not igbo then its sad, she must be a confusionist. I do not believe in self grandeur..or putting other tribes down, and putting mine on a pedestal. I will be the last person to say yorubas are perfect. and what if I tell you I agree most times with what ffk says..would you feel better? You've made your assumptions already, so I owe you no further explanations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why I Made Tinubu The Jagaban - Dr. Haliru Dantoro, Emir Of Borgu Speaks / Rufai Oseni Speaks On Tinubu's Visit To Rivers State (Video) / Okorocha Relaxing With His Grandchildren & Daughter, Uloma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.