Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua (71278 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua / DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 12:32am On Jun 14, 2017
CHAPTER 27

"I can't believe this bitch wants me dead after all I have done for her" Funke was tensed and she moved about the room thinking of the events of past days. it was difficult for her to assimilate her so called client could be planning to devour her. All thanks to someone special who hinted her.

She was in her kitchen that fateful day when she heard her phone ringing, it was a strange number so it took her about 6minutes to actually pick the call to know what the person on the other end wants to talk about.

"hello" the voice on the other end echoed to her ears.

"who are you and what do you want? I don't respond to strange calls"

"chill girl, one question at a time, is your name Funke"

"perhaps I may have to end this call if you refuse to answer my questions" she barked at him.

"listen girl, for your safety you better don't hang up. Anyways I'm Dandy by name"

She felt a kind of relieve as she heard that name, not that she knew who the person was but the name sounds familiar.

"I'm sorry for being rude, just that I needed to be sure of who you are"

"we need to have an urgent discussion, you fix the time and the venue and you better make it as fast as you could". The guy ended the call and Funke hastily sent the time and address of their meeting. To her surprise she was very anxious to know what the person wanted to tell her that she got there earlier that the stipulated time.

So many thoughts on her mind but no answers. Whiling away the time with her phone was the only choice she had after she had gotten tired of waiting but couldn't bring herself to leave the place. She was still in this thoughts when she felt a cold hand on her shoulder. The ever security conscious Funke caught the guy's hand as he moved to sit on a chair opposite. Funke couldn't keep her amazement to herself at the sight of her long time bestie whom they've.

"Dandy is this you" she screamed as she separated from their hug.

"Funky Baby, this is really Me". He ordered for a cold Goldberg a himself and a big bottle of smirnoff got her.

Dandy noticed she was glancing at her wrist watch so he asked if she was there to meet somebody, not that he wasn't aware that she was there to see her but he didn't want to say it to Her that he is the guy that called her earlier that day.

"the guy who called me mentioned Dandy but it can't be yours" she dialled the number and to her surprise his phone rang. "don't tell me you are the person I came to see, wow what a coincidence" she was amused.

"somebody want you dead and the person has paid for your life?" he frankly said to her.

"who could the person be" she was confused and worried

He handed her a photograph.

"unbelievable"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 12:37am On Jun 14, 2017
SurestG:
So after I had wasted so much energy typing chapter 27 my phone con mad erase am before i was able to update it.
Modaran? Go and throw the phone away, I'm bring iPhone 7 for you tomorrow
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 12:39am On Jun 14, 2017
Dandy, abeg kill the girl jae
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by mikaj(m): 12:44am On Jun 14, 2017
SurestG:
Dessydemmy
Toyin223
Jane1234f
Shakyroh320
Akinwale
Queenitee
Oluwatymylehyn
Vickyviolet
Blissfulljeff
Adeyife
Mikaj

I've updated a new chapter.

Olahajayi

Danke liebes.
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by talk2saintify(m): 8:57am On Jun 14, 2017
SurestG:
My pleasure.

lol

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Dessydemmy: 10:14am On Jun 14, 2017
Oh no!!! NOT AGAIN. Madam, please na let this thing keep flowing ooo.

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 10:48am On Jun 14, 2017
queenitee:

Modaran? Go and throw the phone away, I'm bring iPhone 7 for you tomorrow
lol okay grin
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by vickyviolet(f): 3:55pm On Jun 14, 2017
thanks for d mention ma, more ink 2 ur pen, and God bless

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
SurestG:
So after I had wasted so much energy typing chapter 27 my phone con mad erase am before i was able to update it.
sorry and weldon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 9:04am On Jun 15, 2017
Happy birthday Nabla

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 9:54am On Jun 15, 2017
CHAPTER 28

"I don't know if asking what's between you both is necessary but whatever it is you need to be smart" he told her
She was still speechless as Dandy continued his speech.

"I never believed we could meet again after how we have drifted apart but God has a reason for everything."

"hmmm" she sighed. "tell me Dandy, how did you get to know this witch and how did you get to know about me? I thought you lost my contact just as I did. What made you come looking for me instead of executing the task you were paid for" she was beginning to get upset.

"actually I stopped this dirty job years back. An old friend introduced me to her and I would have rejected the task if I had not seen your picture, I knew if I had rejected it another person who of course I know would carry out the execution without thinking twice would be employed for the task so I felt I had to accept it"

Dandy and Funke had been friends since childhood, they attended the same primary and secondary school but drifted apart in their university days. They both started doing illegal business when they were in senior secondary school one. Judging with their classes then, they were still naïve. Dandy as she was named by Funke back in Primary school became his nickname everywhere he went.

"you don't want to know what transpired between the woman and me?"

"If its necessary I know I'm sure you will tell me about it" he retorted

"Are you aware of the fact that you are not safe once she finds out" she was worried.

"I can take care of myself, just do the same"he said

She knew she had no reason to hide herself from someone who is smart enough to guess what was happening so she opened up to him. He wasn't really surprised.

"please Dandy, what did she say my offence is?" she queried after opening up to him about what transpired between herself and Ms. Peters.

" I don't know Funke but I could remember she kept on saying you snatched her man from her and that she will make you pay"

"her man? Seriously I've told you what really happened, she's just a cheat. This guy belongs to none of us.

"so what do you plan to do"

She discussed the steps she's planning on taking with him.

"if you need my help in anyway don't hesitate to give me a call.

She glanced at her wristwatch "she's suppose to be here by now" she was grumbling when she heard the security man chatting and laughing with somebody by the gate and so she peeped through the window. It was Sophie,she had been waiting for since what seem like forever. She composed herself and went to the sitting room where her friend was already waiting.

"I need you to be a caretaker for somebody"she said avoiding her gaze

Sophie pretended she didn't hear what her friend said.

"Sophie!!!" She called out.

"yes what did you say"

"I need you to take care of someone in this house"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Jane1234f(f): 10:02am On Jun 15, 2017
No be small thing
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
This is serious o *roll eyes* SurestG I kuku trust you. Funke, issokay o. Aunty Mummy Mrs Peter., eyin na ma bimo
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2017
queenitee:
This is serious o *roll eyes* SurestG I kuku trust you. Funke, issokay o. Aunty Mummy Mrs Peter., eyin na ma bimo
grin cheesy
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
Jane1234f:
No be small thing
yes o

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 6:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
SurestG Weldon
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by BlissfulJeff(m): 8:56am On Jun 17, 2017
nice update
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by comelyJummy(f): 10:33am On Jun 17, 2017
At last they have lay ambush for each other. SurestG more wisdom ma
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by EvaJael(f): 11:00am On Jun 17, 2017
I disappeared for a while. Forgive me SurestG. Your story rocks
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 11:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
EvaJael:
I disappeared for a while. Forgive me SurestG. Your story rocks
welcome back sis.
comelyJummy:
At last they have lay ambush for each other. SurestG more wisdom ma
thanks Aunty.
Akinwale14:
SurestG Weldon
thank you
BlissfulJeff:
nice update
thank you sir.
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 11:56pm On Jun 17, 2017
SurestG:
welcome back sis. thanks Aunty. thank you thank you sir.
ur welcome,which day u go drop d next episode?
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 11:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
CHAPTER 29

Sophie was happy inwardly at the thought of what her friend had told her as she felt that might be the solution to the problem everyone around her had been facing. She didn't say yes or no but Funke already took her silence for yes.

"I need to make an announcement" Funke said as she called on the boys. They all shared a stern look as they assembled in the sitting room waiting to be addressed. Sophie made to leave their midst but Funke called her to sit back as she was already one of them.

"we'll be leaving this building in 48hours someone is playing on my intelligence
"

"boss who could that be? Let's teach the person a lesson" one of the guys retorted.

"it isn't time to act yet guys, I just wanted to inform you before hand. And yes, Lola won't be around for a while so Sophie will take over in her place."

"yes ma'am" they chorused

"you can all leave now" they were dismissed.

"Can we go now" she said to her friend with her gaze fixed on her phone.

"to where?" it was like Sophie was lost in thought but Funke gave no slightest damn about that as she repeated herself.

"to the person you need to take care of" she retorted

Funke led the way as Sophie followed behind, excitement ran through her whole body as they were headed to one of the rooms she had been encountering difficulty in getting into. She flung the door open and made way for Sophie to enter.
The sight of the lady lying down on the bed with her hands cuffed was pitiful that Sophie's eyes were teary. She tried as much as possible to hold her eyes from outpouring the tears because Funke's gaze was fixed on her eyes. It was obvious she was looked at Sophie's face to see if she could see any atom of pity in her eyes, to know if she would be fit for the role or not.

"she hasn't had her bath in 3days because her friend who does that is not around so do your best, bath and feed her. Also keep an eye on her"
She told Sophie as she left the room banging the door behind her.

The door suddenly opened as She moved closer to her to her.

"sorry I didn't drop this. This is the key that unlocks the cuff" she handed the key to Sophie and headed out again.

She unlocked the cuff and took her to the washroom and watched as she took her bath. She felt pity for the pale looking lady.

"this must be Luisa" she thought as she reached for her phone. She sent a text to Sammy requesting for her picture, she wanted to be sure it was really her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 12:00am On Jun 18, 2017
Akinwale14:
ur welcome,which day u go drop d next episode?
I just dropped one
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 12:06am On Jun 18, 2017
SurestG:
I just dropped one
thank u its interesting
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 12:10am On Jun 18, 2017
Akinwale14:
thank u its interesting
adupe sir smiley
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 12:12am On Jun 18, 2017
SurestG:
adupe sir smiley
Ko tope ma

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Toyin223(f): 1:20am On Jun 18, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by nabla(f): 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
SurestG:
Happy birthday Nabla
thanks dearie

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Sparkling2(f): 6:47pm On Jun 18, 2017
surestG tanks alot for d episode

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 9:51am On Jun 21, 2017
CHAPTER 30

"It was really the lady they had been searching for" she said as she compared the picture to the real person.
Luisa noticed the lady is not like the others she had been seeing ever since her arrival to that building. The way she talked to Her, care for her, gave her listening ears gave her the assurance that the lady may in one way on the other be her savior from the kidnappers den. Sophie excused herself to the sitting room so that Luisa could sleep. Funke was sitted on the couch giving the guys an assignment for that day. She wanted them to kidnap her boss (the Lecturer who initiated the plan).

"make no mistake" she told them as she smoked cigarette. Sophie felt uneasy as she heard Funke commanded the guys but she tried as much as possible to hide it from her inquisitive friend.

"why are you suddenly jittery?"

"me? jittery? Owww! Don't mind me I just need to use the toilet that's all" she thought that will ease her off of Funke's stare.

"soji I just got a message from Sophie, Funke wants Ms. Peters kidnapped"

"whaaaaat?"

"Let's inform the police so that they would get to her house before the guys gets there"

"that's a great idea, they may be useful to the police in gathering information"

Soji picked his car key, Sammy was already waiting by the car. He drove to the nearest police station and requested to see the DPO, one of the constables questioned them asking them why they wanted to see their boss. Sammy was angry as he picked his phone to dial the DPO's number himself and he ordered them to come in.

The DPO was already aware of the kidnap case so a clue on the matter was a reasonable of the guys. They narrated everything that has been happening,from how Sophie volunteered to investigate privately to how she had been given them informations about the things going on. They discussed what really brought them to the police station and the DPO assured them that his men would go and lay ambush for the kidnappers in the woman's house.

The plan was not to arrest her but to bring her to the station for questioning and to arrest the kidnappers. Sammy jotted down the woman's house address and handed it to the DPO.

Ms. Peters informant was late in giving her information this time as she was captured when she was driving out of her compound, with the bags packed at her back seat it was obvious she wanted to elope.
Police arrived late at the scene, the kidnappers had already taken her away. They saw the gate to the compound broadly opened with her car at the entrance of the gate. From the look of things she had drove out of the garage to the already opened gate before she was forcefully dragged from the car. This was realized as they traced the foot print from the entrance of the car to a far distance where it ended, perhaps where the kidnappers car was parked as the operation went on. Also there was a bullet on the road but no blood trace. They searched everywhere to see maybe they could get a clue but it was futile.

4 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 10:34am On Jun 21, 2017
This Funke and Mrs Peter must sha suffer. My poor Luisa, Lola don't let me talk

2 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 6:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
Only God knows why I was banned

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply)

Me, The Girls, And My Guys Dem / Survival Of The Curse. A Werewolf Story. / Home Alone With Steamy Cousins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.