Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,150 members, 7,807,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua (71276 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua / DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by AlamienDagash(m): 3:23pm On May 13, 2017
Fmartin:
thanks dude were my seat?( alamiendagash ) cheesy

cc iemfava
Yur seat dey around vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvip section.
grin
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Fmartin(m): 3:30pm On May 13, 2017
AlamienDagash:
Yur seat dey around vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvip section. grin
hahaha shw me d way
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by stephenGee12(m): 4:17pm On May 13, 2017
AlamienDagash:

Oga i dey yur front enjoyin guguru, how cums yu don't cii mee

No vex I doesn't knw dat I am at d front of ur back. Leave guguru come chop kilishi and use palmy step down
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by AlamienDagash(m): 7:06pm On May 13, 2017
stephenGee12:

No vex I doesn't knw dat I am at d front of ur back. Leave guguru come chop kilishi and use palmy step down
grin Okay since yu say so.
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 7:32pm On May 13, 2017
I'm sorry for not being able to post today, i havent been able to charge cos theres been light out since yesterday. I should be able to post in the night when i charge. THANKS EVERYONE FOR FOLLOWING

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 7:40pm On May 13, 2017
SurestG:
I'm sorry for not being able to post today, i havent been able to charge cos theres been light out since yesterday. I should be able to post in the night when i charge. THANKS EVERYONE FOR FOLLOWING
Ok we are waiting
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by slizzyb(m): 9:05pm On May 13, 2017
No problem,, we are with u

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 10:04pm On May 13, 2017
Madam surestG 10 don pass nah ur phone 4 don full nah abeg come update oo,abi e no wan better 4 nepa wey no give u light ni.
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 1:19pm On May 14, 2017
CHAPTER 2

After the meal He noticed the change in her countenance and the silence so he decided to talk first.

"how was the meal?" he asked
"delicious, the lady who cooked is good" she said it not because she saw a lady there but she wanted to know who prepared such a sumptuous meal.
He laughed, "I cooked it. As u can see I live alone, no housemaid, no security guard, just me. Moreso, my mom trained me so well, we don't have spoilt brat in my house. Dad gave me this apartment because he has confidence in me taking good care of his 'good name' and the house. When he refused studying abroad, his dad decided to make his schooling in Nigeria a comfortable one by giving him a car and the key to the house.

"I don't think you know my full name" he said

"no, perhaps because we've not gotten enough chance to talk" she replied

"pardon my manners, My name is Soji Daniels the only son of Senator Bankole Daniels. I have two sisters, that makes us three, I'm the eldest"

"Senator Daniels?" she curiously asked
"yes"
"The same Senator Daniels in this our country?"
"yes of course, you don't seem to believe me" he stood and went to his study to bring out a photo album.

"sorry if I said that in an arrogant manner, I often don't let people know who I am" He handed her the photo album, after flipping through some pages she was convinced he wasn't lying to her.

"Why would someone like be studying in nigeria instead of abroad" she thought aloud

"I chose to stay here because I'm not better than other kids who study here"

"I may be new in this school but I've come to realized how important you are on this campus, perhaps because they know who you are"

He laughed and told her he is not a kind of person who blows his own trumpet and that aside his best friend no one else knew whom he really is. And that he is not a kind of guy that flirts, he doesn't make friends too.
It was Luisa's turn to talk about herself. She is Luisa Williams, twenty year old, the second out of four kids, a trained fashion designer and a very brilliant lady. Her parents are rich too. Their wealthiness didn't stop them from giving their children the best home training.

"you are the first person to know things about me in this school" she chuckled

She glanced at her wristwatch and noticed she should get going in other not to be late for her class. He dropped her at the school bus stop so that she could meet up for the class.

2 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 2:26pm On May 14, 2017
"Hi Luisa" Lola said, taking a sit beside her

"Welcome, where is Rebecca"

"she should
Be in the library"

Rebecca and Lola are Luisa's Coursemates and friends, they had met at the department the day she went to her department to collect her receipts. They are both childhood friends that studied in the same primary school, secondary school and now the same tertiary institution. Rebecca is a beautiful and intelligent lady, selfless and hardworking that sees her academic as her primary obligation and other things as secondary. Lola on the other hand is selfish, gets angry at any slightest provocation. Brilliant but she's no match for her two friends, Reading is not her thing but she still manages to read when she sees her friends doing so. Her laziness most times upsets Luisa and wonder why she's stuck in her friendship with her. A lot of people envy this three friends.

Lola instead of reading alongside Luisa picked her phone from her bag and started browsing. Rebecca came in to the empty classroom where Luisa was reading with a past question in her hands saying they should all solve it together but to their utmost surprise Lola hissed and worked out on them. On her way out she bumped into soji and hissed at him too.

"what the h**k was that, were you girls quarreling or what?" he asked them.

"I only suggested we solve some questions in this question paper in preparation for our exams and she got upset" she replied him still wondering what came over her.

He collected the questions from her and helped them in solving them. Ever since Luisa's friendship with Soji began he has always been of help academically infact He's often seen walking with them especially Luisa.

2 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 2:29pm On May 14, 2017
wink Holufunmie
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 2:30pm On May 14, 2017
Akinwale14:
Madam surestG 10 don pass nah ur phone 4 don full nah abeg come update oo,abi e no wan better 4 nepa wey no gt u light ni.
no vex for megrin Ah don post am sha
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 2:52pm On May 14, 2017
SurestG Weldon u really try, I'm still waiting for more update.

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 3:10pm On May 14, 2017
Dedication
Devilmaycry, Akinwale14, Fmartin ,Iemfava, Ikombe, Queenitee, AlamienDagash.

CHAPTER 3

He was sitting in the Gazebo, browsing on his laptop when he heard a hard knock on his gate, he wasn't expecting any visitor so he wondered who the person could be. He went to the gate but the sight of the lady he saw nauseated him. It was Funke.

"Soji do you think you are, why are you so full of yourself, you stopped replying my chats for the past 3 weeks" she stood outside the gate shouting.

Soji who was trying so much to avoid embarrassment pulled her into the compound and she continued her rants.

"Ever since you started going out with that LovePeddler you've changed, its been a year and half that you stopped being consistent in the relationship"

"Relationship? Did you just mention relationship? Listen lady, I don't remember asking you out, we've been friends for so long and as friends we will remain. Let me get this into your thick skull, I am not in any way romantically involved with you so cut that crap"

"Soji you are wicked" she bursted into tears and continued, "so after 3 years this is all you are going to say, I thought you are different from others"

"Funke" he called her name as he placed his hands on her shoulders "take a sit, and let me remind you if you have truly forgotten, you actually asked me out but I refused on the note that I don't want any relationship except friendship and you agreed. Indeed we were close and still close and this lady you that just tarnished her image before me is also a friend like you so don't be mistaken."

She wiped her face " I know you will never tell me the truth, this same discussion made you stop responding to my calls and chats"

"I stopped responding because you are too adamant, believe me, what I've told you is nothing but the truth. Have you not noticed you don't see me alone with her? Her friends are always together with us and most times its base on academics"

She apologized for not listening to him but deep down she's still not convinced.

"friends again?" she asked smiling
"of course" he said giving her a hug.

2 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 3:13pm On May 14, 2017
Akinwale14:
SurestG Weldon u really try, I'm still waiting for more update.
e shey o
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Fmartin(m): 3:17pm On May 14, 2017
nyc one surestg y dnt u post it on nigerianbase also? cheesy
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 3:17pm On May 14, 2017
Continue ma, thanks for the dedication. Luisa and Soji
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 14, 2017
SurestG:
Dedication
Devilmaycry, Akinwale14, Fmartin ,Iemfava, Ikombe, Queenitee, AlamienDagash.

CHAPTER 3

Gazebo, .
thank you,just learned a new word
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Airborne02(m): 3:27pm On May 14, 2017
wow.. following. am loving dis. kudos surestG
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 4:34pm On May 14, 2017
Airborne02:
wow.. following. am loving dis. kudos surestG
thanks dear
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 4:35pm On May 14, 2017
IemFava:
thank you,just learned a new word
my pleasure lol
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 6:02pm On May 14, 2017
Dedication

To all readers

"geeez, what are you girls still doing in there, we will be late for Mr. Banky's class" Rebecca called out as she put-on her shoes.

Lola and Luisa laughed aloud "we are here already ma'am"

Luisa and Lola had spent the weekend at Rebecca's place and have decided to attend Monday morning class from her place. they sleep at one another's house when they feel like and that has boost their friendship too.

"Lola is driving us to school today" Luisa said as she threw the key at her.

Luisa was presented a car on her twenty first birthday by her parents because she had made them proud both in her way of life and her academics.

Lola caught the keys and they were on their way to school. Its has become an habit for Luisa and soji to talk on phone every morning and night aside chatting to the extent that it got to a stage where Rebecca and Lola were persuading her to say yes when ever he asks her out or she should take the bold step herself.

25th of July is Soji's birthday. Luisa's Alarm beeped at exactly 12am to remind her though she has the date stick to her brain. Soji had planned to celebrate his silver Jubilee birthday alongside his last semester as an undergraduate. The day Soji had discussed his opinion on having a birthday party that year and that she would be by his side throughout that day until the party is over, she refused telling him she doesn't want people gossiping about their closeness.
After she had put a call through to wish him Happy birthday, she laughed at the thought of what Soji said to her on phone and then she slept afterwards.
25th of July came as a Friday which makes it easier for Soji to really have the party. She woke up to check her time table, she had a class 9-11am. She heard knocks on her door,she was already aware of who the visitors were, Becca and Lola. She lazily stood up to open the door lo and behold they were giggling as they came inside.

"its just 6:30am, you people no dey sleep?"she said to the duo who were just laughing at her.

"have you wished him happy birthday?" they chorused

"yes of course, what do you expect"

"and the party, will you attend?" Lola asked

"no girls, I don't want to go."

"come off it Luisa, its his day and you need to be there with him or you think we don't know he has feelings for you and the fact that you can't deny you're crushing on him too so let's storm the party, its gonna be fun you know" Becca said touching Luisa's chin.

"first things first, we have a class by 9am" luisa said as she went to freshen up"

If only she knew what's was in stock for her.

2 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 6:04pm On May 14, 2017
Comments are not flowing o lipsrsealed. Abi I'm not writing it well ni
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Toyin223(f): 6:21pm On May 14, 2017
U Ar D Best

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Echelle(m): 6:29pm On May 14, 2017
I love u dear, ride on...
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Echelle(m): 6:31pm On May 14, 2017
SurestG:
Comments are not flowing o lipsrsealed. Abi I'm not writing it well ni
u are my love, keep it rolling...
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 6:33pm On May 14, 2017
Echelle:
u are my love, keep it rolling...
thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 6:43pm On May 14, 2017
Fmartin:
nyc one surestg y dnt u post it on nigerianbase also? cheesy
maybe when I've completed the story here. Thanks
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by AlamienDagash(m): 7:18pm On May 14, 2017
WOW! soji and luisa something smells fishy. btw... thanks for the dedication, i really aprishet it.
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by AlamienDagash(m): 7:18pm On May 14, 2017
WOW! soji and luisa something smells fishy. btw... thanks for the dedication, i really aprishet it.
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Fmartin(m): 7:19pm On May 14, 2017
SurestG:
maybe when I've completed the story here. Thanks
ok swedy
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 8:34pm On May 14, 2017
SurestG Thanks,abeg continue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Me, The Girls, And My Guys Dem / Survival Of The Curse. A Werewolf Story. / Home Alone With Steamy Cousins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.