Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu (1640 Views)

Youths Vandalise Aishatu Jibril-Dukku's House In Gombe / China Executes Eight For Terrorism / Abuja Court Sentences Lebanese To Life Imprisonment For Terrorism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Lagosboy: 6:57pm On Jan 11, 2010
davidylan:

Err can you dudes pls stop using this failed excuse? Majority of african govts are also backed and supported by the West, when are we going to start donning suicide vests? Who voted Ahmadinejad, HAMAS, Mubbarak, Assad to power? The west too?

Tariq Azeez was an appointee of Saddam so your excuse holds no water. Go find out what sort of persecution Iraq's christians are now facing with the removal of Saddam Hussein. Care to find out how the christians (who once made up more than 65% of Lebanon's population) are now faring in Beirut?

Another lie . . . you shot urself in the foot by mentioning Bethlehem.
According to Ottoman records . . . christians made up 65% of the population of Bethlehem in the 16th century with NO muslim presence as at 1700 (so much for the false arab claims to "palestine"wink.
By 1948, the christian population was 85% christian and 13% muslim . . . today the christian population is less than 20%. Your guess is as good as mine as to how that magically happened if christians and muslims are indeed living in harmony.

We know that reason is deeply false. The truth is America's support for Israel. We dont see terrorists bombing Syria for occupying Lebanon for over 20yrs, we dont see terrorists bomb China for their clash with the Uighurs, we dont see terrorists bomb Russia even though they occupied the same Afghanistan for decades. We never saw terrorists bomb Iraq for the Iran-Iraq war or gassing thousands of kurds.

Al Qaeda wasnt in Iraq before 2003 primarily because of Saddam's ruthlessness and because al qaeda isnt really interested in fighting for the interests of muslims. Iraq became a mess because muslims prefer to kill themselves as long as it costs the life of at least one Jew or American.

I repeat . . . the US was NOT involved in the 2006 Somali crisis. Enough of the islamic penchant for misinformation.

The problem isnt their policies i insist.

All this is laughable nonsense . . .

For those suicide bombers who sighted the Iraq war - where were they during the Iran-Iraq war?
for those who sight US presence on Saudi soil - where were they when Iraq invaded Kuwait or when Russia invaded Afghanistan?
For those who sight Palestinian problem or support for Israel - these are the ones who at least are honest with the truth. Its all about islam's intolerance of a jewish state.

Your still the same person ,selective reader and even if the someone shows you blackboard is black you will call it white. Well i have replied to most of your comments  before you posted this.

The reduction of christians in bethlehem is obviously the harsh punishment by the zionist. The zionist actually want them out and many have left but the few remaining insist hey will not leave buddie dont misinform folks.

You talked of Iran - Iraq war and gassing of kurds, well the old know open secret is the US backed saddam in his atrocities and the muslims cried foul but no one to listen. They armed saddam, and made him the guy he was so what is statement about.

Saddam appointed Tariq azeez yes and it is an evidence of his flexibility in governance to appoint a vice president from a 2% minority group, we might all hate saddam but give kudos when someone has done a notable thing.

The truth and fact is al qaeda wasnt in Iraq pre 2003 whatever reason and excuse you give for that will forever remain a conjecture. The US invasion brought Alqaeda to the region.

David please i dont have time going round circles and you know me well i make my point and i leave and I dont argue for winning sake.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Lagosboy: 7:04pm On Jan 11, 2010
davidylan:

Its best you avoid my posts because i will consistently pick apart your posts that are riddled with too many ridiculous lies. They are an insult to the intelligent reader.

I regard this as a silly statement. The Saudi government has ALWAYS been a dictatorship state WAY BEFORE the US even noticed their existence. Perhaps their problem is not so much US backing as their own retrogressive, stone age ideas.

which means no islamic state exists. Thank you for informing us.

What a fool. when the US tries to promote democracy in Iran . . . it is called meddling and an excuse to bomb a US airlines jet no?

the US has EVERY RIGHT to NOT recognise the "free (s)elections" in Gaza. HAMAS refuse to recognise Israel but you of course see no problem with that . . . rather you bleat about the US not recognising HAMAS?

Should the world have recognised the "free elections" that brought Hitler to power?

That is the fault of the US too? Including the fact that Jordan is an oligarchy that existed way before US involvement? You're just a ridiculous joke.

silly. They were there as part of an allied peace-keeping coalition that also included Pakistani troops (you know pakistan is a muslim nation right?).

Conspiracy theories do not a fact make.

I was expecting it only it came after 2 posts , you see why we can never engage in a fruitful discussion. dude you know me too well i will trade insluts back.

Regarding Saudi i have stated it and i will state it the Saudi royal family doesnt represent islam it is an evil regime, it is hypocritical for you not see anything wrong in the US not promoting genuine and sincere democracy in the middle east. Tunisian president won an election by 99% margin and was congratulated by the US, Mubarak in 2006/7 won an election by 90% plus and was congratulated by the US, Ahmadinjad won by 60% plus and was criticised for unfair e lections. Common dude we are not all stupid.

I will not go round circle and this is my last comment to you ol pal, have a nice day wink
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lagosboy:

Your still the same person ,selective reader and even if the someone shows you blackboard is black you will call it white. Well i have replied to most of your comments  before you posted this.

I'm still the same person dear . . . i hate lies, islam and everything it represents with a passion.

Lagosboy:

The reduction of christians in bethlehem is obviously the harsh punishment by the zionist. The zionist actually want them out and many have left but the few remaining insist hey will not leave buddie dont misinform folks.

This is actually a very stupid and ill-thought lie. If the reduction in christians is due to "harsh punishment by zionists" . . . how come the muslim population of bethlehem is actually INCREASING? IS the zionist "punishment" selective to christians in bethlehem alone?

Here are samples of ACTUAL NEWS SOURCES:

Bethlehem's exodus: Christians flee Muslim pressure

- Christians are fleeing the town of Christ's birth, and the much-reported hardship that Israel inflicts on residents of the West Bank town has little to do with it. It's the same reality across the Arab world: rising Islamism pushes non-Muslims away.
Islamists frown on real-estate ownership by non-Muslims -- Christian, Jew or anything else. And though the secular Palestinian Authority still controls the West Bank, the clout of groups like Hamas is growing: Even in Bethlehem, where followers of history's most famous baby once thrived, Christians are ceding the land.

But, again, the story's the same in Egypt, Iraq and elsewhere in the Mideast. Practically the only place in the region where the Christian population is growing is in Israel.

But i thought lagosboy told us christians are leaving because of "harsh zionist punishment"? How come the christian population is ACTUALLY GROWING withing those same zionist borders?

The Forgotten Palestinian Refugees
Even in Bethlehem, Palestinian Christians are suffering under Muslim intolerance.

- Bethlehem

Meet Mr. Ibrahim (a pseudonym to protect him from reprisals), a 23-year old Palestinian refugee living in the West Bank. Unlike those descendents of refugees born in United Nations camps, Mr. Ibrahim fled his birthplace just two years ago. And he wasn't running away from Israelis, but from his Palestinian brethren in Gaza.

Mr. Ibrahim's crime in that Hamas-ruled territory was to be a Christian, a transgression he compounded in the Islamists' eyes by writing love poems.

"Muslims tied to Hamas tried to take me twice," says Mr. Ibrahim, and he didn't want to find out what they'd do to him if they ever kidnapped him. He hasn't seen his family since Christmas 2007 and is afraid even to talk to them on the phone.

A Christmas without Christians

- To understand how the Christians became a minority and the victims of thuggery in the city of Jesus’ birth, it is important to see just what Arafat did to Bethlehem once he got his hands on it.

In 1995, Yasser Arafat gained control of Bethlehem and immediately expanded its municipal boundaries to include 30,000 Muslims living in neighboring refugee camps. Next, Muslim Bedouins living east of Bethlehem were incorporated into revised municipal boundaries. All this was still not enough for the PA to change the status of Bethlehem as a Christian city. But then Arafat created inducements for Muslims to leave Hebron and the area around it and move to Bethlehem.

With Arafat’s government by clan, by gun, and by terror, a land Mafia developed that began expropriating land from Christians. In 2002, two Christian teenage sisters were found with their throats slit and their genitals mutilated. Muslims claimed the Amer sisters were prostitutes, as if that were justification for torture and murder. But Christians familiar with similar incidents claim the girls were murdered to cover up a gang rape.

Indeed, just this week, the Vatican, in a rare diplomatic move, called publicly on the Israelis to intervene in Bethlehem on behalf of its severely receding Christian population. Now totaling less than 12% of Bethlehem’s population, Christians, who have been the targets of continual PA violence, might leave entirely. The result will be that in the place where Jesus was born there will no longer be a Christian community.

In the West Bank town of Taibe marauding Muslims burned, looted and beat Christian residents in the name of a Muslim family’s “honor,” a family whose father had brutally beaten his daughter to death for wanting to marry a Christian. The violent Muslim mob burned a statue of the Virgin Mary and shouted, “Burn the Crusaders!” PA fire and security forces took their time arriving on the scene, appearing hours later. In the end, the mob was almost immediately released from jail. Meanwhile, the Christian fiancée of the murdered woman was arrested and beaten while incarcerated. The lesson—that of the mob being released while an innocent Christian languished in jail—was not lost on the Christian community of the West Bank
!

Kinda funny that the vatican is calling on the Israelis to help bethlehem's christians if indeed their emigration is due to "zionist punishment".

I think lagosboy imagines we are all stupid.

Lagosboy:

You talked of Iran - Iraq war and gassing of kurds, well the old know open secret is the US backed saddam in his atrocities and the muslims cried foul but no one to listen. They armed saddam, and made him the guy he was so what is statement about.

Saddam appointed Tariq azeez yes and it is an evidence of his flexibility in governance to appoint a vice president from a 2% minority group, we might all hate saddam but give kudos when someone has done a notable thing.

The truth and fact is al qaeda wasnt in Iraq pre 2003 whatever reason and excuse you give for that will forever remain a conjecture. The US invasion brought Alqaeda to the region.

David please i dont have time going round circles and you know me well i make my point and i leave and I dont argue for winning sake.

More lies . . . i will respond in full later.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by sjeezy8: 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lagosboy:

Dude why not respect yourself and be civil, what has this poor girls picture got to do with the discussion at hand. what has this picture got to do with secualrism of turkey. Do you know the wife of Erodgan the Turkish  President wears the hijab as well. This is the kind of comments and posting actually irritating and disgusting and someone says there are no haters of islam around or haters of the northern muslims.

You are a terrorist I have never seen someone justify terrorist acts on christians in Nigerian based on what America did in the middle East.
Fyi im a Las gidi(indigne) and my mother is muslim she has NEVER put an argument up justifying muslim Northerners terrorizing  christians- Because she knows the people from the North dont see Tinubu, Fashola, Gani as good muslims since they are progressive. 

If you dont like the bad rap Northerner and retrogressive muslims are giving all muslims, go and tell them instead of turning a blind eye, making a stupiiid argument that America does it to the middle East.
If you are a indigne of Yorubaland talking like this go and join your terrorist brothers in the North  please.
stop messing our name ode boy- you people are pulling SW Nigeria back with your bombing churches and shiiity sharia law, your beggar mentality is creeping in SW Nigeria, the imams are leaches- all in the name of quran so in thoughtful and disgusting . . .

I hate to admit majority of muslims are becoming a damnnnn problem.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lagosboy:

I was expecting it only it came after 2 posts , you see why we can never engage in a fruitful discussion. dude you know me too well i will trade insluts back.

Actually that is not due to my use of language (which i think is warranted for the likes of you) . . . the reason boils down to 2 things:

1. Your blatant dishonesty and disregard for CLEAR COLD FACTS in favour of islamic propaganda.
2. Your dogmatic pro-islamic bent which makes it very difficult for you to tell the truth.

Lagosboy:

Regarding Saudi i have stated it and i will state it the Saudi royal family doesnt represent islam it is an evil regime

When did it become an "evil regime"? When it started out in the early 90s (without US support) or just shortly after the US became an ally? Why is it an evil regime? Because it refuses to so far sponsor terror in the name of islam? SO WHERE ON EARTH IS THIS IDEAL ISLAMIC STATE?

Lagosboy:

it is hypocritical for you not see anything wrong in the US not promoting genuine and sincere democracy in the middle east.

This is bogus idiocy. I think the US really shld start pulling out of middle eastern affairs. . .

Now you claim it is wrong that the US does not "promote genuine and sincere democracy in the middle east" . . . but you're the same person accusing the US of "meddling" in Iran where there are agitations for GENUINE AND SINCERE DEMOCRACY, "meddling" in Somalia for daring to join a coalition of peace-keeping forces to stabilise the country or supporting democratic efforts in Afghanistan by ousting the extremist taliban?

Lagosboy:

Tunisian president won an election by 99% margin and was congratulated by the US, Mubarak in 2006/7 won an election by 90% plus and was congratulated by the US, Ahmadinjad won by 60% plus and was criticised for unfair e lections. Common dude we are not all silly.

Yes you are not all silly but the majority of you are myopic dunces. Ahmedinejad "won" by 60% after days of violent demonstrations, allegations of vote rigging, delayed announcement of results and initial recommendation that the election be repeated?

Lagosboy:

I will not go round circle and this is my last comment to you ol pal, have a nice day wink

You're better off that way . . . i'm sick of your false posts. Sometimes i find it hard to believe i ever knew a cretin like you. Its clearly not possible.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lagosboy:

Do you vacuous idiots never stop blaming others for your own violence? Saddam gasses thousands of kurds and the fault is the US? Those muslims who allegedly cried foul didnt know how to bring Saddam's case to the UN but they spend so many wasted minutes dragging Israel before war crimes tribunals? I mean . . . do you think you're posting to 7 yr olds?

Lagosboy:

lol i guess we have to agree it is a "notable thing" when a muslim magnanimously appoints a christian as his vice. What a religion of hate, spite and demonism.

Lagosboy:

What was the reason for al qaeda's creation in the first place? the US invasion of who?

Lagosboy:

You dont make your points . . . you nauseatingly spread lies and propaganda . . . pls lets clarify that for the sake of those reading.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by adconline(m): 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2010
lagosboy
Where were these suicide bombers when Saddam invaded a muslim nation of Kuwait?
What does this have to do with Nigeria? Why do folks like you care that a Palestenian is killed while thousands are dying in the north because of health problems and corruption. Why is your affinity to a stranger in Iraq while your neighbour's blood in Naija is a worth sacrifice for your beliefs?

Why is it OK for muslims to also kill fellow muslims? Mutallab didnt give a bleep if there were Muslims on the airplane.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Uche2nna(m): 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2010
adconline:
?

Why is it OK for muslims to also kill fellow muslims? Mutallab didnt give a bleep if there were Muslims on the airplane.

It is called collateral damage.

There are two school of thots about that in the Islamic world:

1) One that supports and subscribes to death of  muslims during such operations.
2) One that postulates the minimization of muslim casualties.

However, one common theme that these school of thots agree on: Death to infidels.

@ LB

Its becoming so funny how U guys like to justify (or explain) the extremist tendencies of any group of muslims. Today it is development, tomorrow it is tribal. When will u guys start taking responsibility? Or at least acknowledge the fact that a very sizeable faction of the muslim world subscribe to extremist islamic doctrines?
How else will u explain the religious riots that erupted in Abuja due to some report filed in a Dutch newspaper? Is that also a consequence of foreign policy? undecided
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by koolnd: 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
United States Foreign Policy towards the Middle East - Americans like to think of their country as the goddess of liberty, holding high the torch of freedom as a beacon of light to all the peoples of the world. This belief according to Palmer and Perkins (1996:640)

http://www.scharticles.com/united-states-foreign-policy-towards-the-middle-east/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zamfara Strikes Gold, Others, Set For Exploitation / Kwara State 2011 : Olusola Saraki Endorses Daughter's Gubernatorial Ambition / Mobbed Uni-port Students Did Not Steal Phones Or Laptops [full Story]: Http://ni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.