Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross (44612 Views)

Team Muslim Players Vs Team Christian Players: Who Will Win? / Rohr Bans Players From Eating Goat Meat & Pepper Soup / Champions League: 170,000 Sign Petition For FIFA To Punish Ramos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by exlinkleads(f): 8:33pm On May 12, 2017
Islamic Cleric Blasted For Urging FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making The Sign Of The Cross After Scoring

Is it that the world is afraid of Christianity or that Christianity is not real or have loosen touch as the world evolves? Which is it? or is it for the fact that Muslim community hates Christians with passion?

FIFA has been urged to ban Christian players from making the sign of the cross after scoring a goal. A Muslim cleric from Saudi Arabia, Mohammed Alarefe called on football’s governing body to write it into the game’s laws that players be prohibited from tapping their stomach, chest, left shoulder then right shoulder to make a cross.

Alarefe, who is professor of religion at King Saud University in Riyadh, posted the controversial call on Twitter to his 17.4million followers, but he was quickly flooded with messages disagreeing with him. A number of people pointed out to the Muslim scholar that a huge amount of players kneel on the ground and kiss the floor in celebration of a goal, mimicking the Islamic prayer.

Alarefe wrote:

‘I’ve seen video clips of athletes, soccer players running, shooting and when they win they make the symbol of the cross on their chests and my question is if FIFA’s rules forbid this.’

While people form all religious backgrounds, including Christianity and Islam responded to his views, many condemned the cleric, saying it incited division.

See tweets below...

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/05/islamic-cleric-urged-fifa-to-ban.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by smartty68(m): 8:36pm On May 12, 2017
Indeed! Religion of peace always have problems with minding their business.

This guys are just extremists and sadist

650 Likes 53 Shares

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Ermacc: 8:41pm On May 12, 2017
The extremist are here again! There should please take their stupid ideals away from sports. The unity of the world is hanging on a thin thread. And that thread is football

351 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Tolexander: 8:47pm On May 12, 2017
What about the jubilation of players like Demba Ba, kneeling down, opening yansh to heaven and nodding the ground. Why can't the cleric tell FIFA to ban that one also?

540 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by sunshineV(f): 8:54pm On May 12, 2017
I'm a Muslim but this is the problem I have with this religion

haha, what is ur koinsignment?

318 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Evestar200(f): 8:57pm On May 12, 2017
Jesu! So someone can't practice his/ her religion in peace again

150 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by temitope277(m): 9:02pm On May 12, 2017
dis one they craze oo, how is that one affecting is life

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 12, 2017
this man deserve corporal punishment

30 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by princy80(m): 9:06pm On May 12, 2017
Is football religious? They should instead have islamic football where only muslims play. If u commit foul, they chop off ur legs.

474 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Homeboiy: 9:08pm On May 12, 2017
He just won talk am
galaxy s3 white for sale
everything working well
pm if ur interested

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by austine4real(m): 9:20pm On May 12, 2017
na dem
seen us3less arabs

10 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by julioralph(m): 10:26pm On May 12, 2017
Hmmm.

What about muslim footballers who knock their heads on the ground after scoring huh

thats why I'm not too comfortable with Islamic countries hosting major sport tournaments. eg the world cup. even if things turn out fine on the pitch, what about the ambience outside the stadiums etc etc

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by sukkot: 10:09am On May 13, 2017
cheesy
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by veekid(m): 10:09am On May 13, 2017
Wetin concern am?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by emeijeh(m): 10:09am On May 13, 2017
I thought i was gonna swear that shitty oath before commenting on this thread, and then i realised that today wasn't friday.

Biased nairaland

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:10am On May 13, 2017
Religion of peace undecided

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by femi4: 10:10am On May 13, 2017
Let them ban Muslims too for bowing down to celebrate goals

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Nobody: 10:11am On May 13, 2017
Lol

The same people who hailed CAN and blasted buhari and every muslim in nigeria when CAN asked nigeria to pull out of islamic country sport will be here again bashing muslims for saying they should ban cross sign.

Hypocrisy and christianity.

Just disgusting.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by delishpot: 10:11am On May 13, 2017
Hiaaan! If they say ban hijab, He would say it never hurt anyone so why ban it. Now he should tell me, who does the sign of the cross hurt that he wants it banned? Between Hijab or naquib which some Muslims use to disguise bombs and the sign of the cross, which is more harmful to humans? They openly pray in the streets of non Muslim countries and no one has banned them. Yet ordinary sign made during games(which his religion doesn't permit him to watch if he wants to be strict about it) is affecting him?
Anyway, radicals have taken over.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by malton: 10:11am On May 13, 2017
This I assure you - something is wrong with Islam as practiced by some of them.

I want to insult the religion in its entirety, but the vast majority of good, right-thinking Muslims I know as well as the Yoruba ones make me exercise restraint each time I try.

But mehn, there's something fundamentally wrong with that religion.

How can a particular faith be so controversial.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by amuokuko: 10:11am On May 13, 2017
These our muslim brothers sometimes speak as if they re possessed with the evil spirit...

Our muslim bothers bow their head on the pitch too nd we don't complain..

It's high time They make Shekau Fifa president..

Religion of feace..

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by shadrach77: 10:11am On May 13, 2017
Foolishness

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by eyeview: 10:11am On May 13, 2017
Exactly why Donald Trump is very intolerant of this people. At first they will beg to be accepted, when you do, they start fighting for you to make changes that is not inline with their religion, with time they start changing the laws to their religion

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by frenzydilz(m): 10:11am On May 13, 2017
But they can bow down when they score?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by obembet(f): 10:12am On May 13, 2017
Religion of PEACE in opposite....

Thank God e no be FIFA president

7 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by handsam(m): 10:12am On May 13, 2017
Wonders shall never end.

Imagine, What is this one high on?

Fried beans? undecided

10 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by philip0906(m): 10:12am On May 13, 2017
Islam.. The religion of piss. Ndi mkpi undecided

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Destined2win: 10:12am On May 13, 2017
...and they will ban Muslim players from bowing their heads down when celebrating.

Some people are just so unreasonable to a fault.

7 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by dhope001(m): 10:13am On May 13, 2017
If Fifa should ban cross sign. Then Fifa is about to crash, for the cross is the holding pillar.

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Jose Gimenez In Tears As Uruguay Crash Out Of 2018 World Cup (Photos) / Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) / Footballer Asisat Oshoala Shows Off Her 3 Packs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.