Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng (3088 Views)

My Personal Review Of Smartweb Nigeria / New To Smartweb .com.ng Hosting ,need Explanation / Please Beware Of Hosting Your Website With Smartweb (smartweb.com.ng)!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by Jandedmart: 2:11am On May 13, 2017
Do you want to host a website or buy domain name? please i beg you in the name of God, dont even go near www.smartweb.com.ng especially if you are doing it for a client, is either you end up in jail or clients ask for refund . Their server has 98% downtime. I have hosted 8 websites with them but currently non are up, they keep giving excuses of update. For the past 2 months your website can be up for 8hrs, . if you need more details, i can paste all websites here and you can check them out anytime and see if it will come up.

I think they should go into other line of business instead of offering web hosting, i will need someone now to help me move all websites to a new server, if you can please contact me here

Organic Super Fast Viral Youtube Promotion To Gain Views

Do you want to grow your channel through organic traffic then you are on the right page

I do a campaign for genuine organic growth and the aim of this service is to help to get more real and active traffic/audience.

Benefits of this service:

video ranking on youtube
Get more views with engagement

The method I used for Promotion:

I will promote through PPC advertising campaigns (Google Adwords MCC) to a targeted audience who enjoy watching Youtube videos and exploring different channels in order to drive targeted visitors to your channel.

Are you expecting to get 100% safe, real & effective results without any type of Scam/bots? So of course, this is 100% Right Service for you!

2 Likes

Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by josiangems(m): 6:33am On May 13, 2017
Smartweb Is good and i have been hosting with them for several years.

But sometime they don't explain much to newbies how to handle issues that are related to the client or part should be taken by clients. I know it may not be their responsibilities but as a courtesy will be better, my site is http://josiangems.com/ and i don't experience such downtime.

I could remember when my site goes down last year, i had to call their customer line and they directed me to submit a ticket. They white-listed my ip and the site came back.

I then realized that due to so many illegal activities by other Nigerians that were using the same network could affect me. i have started using proxy server and dnstools to verify whether my site is down or my ip that is blocked.

I suggest that you try the same?

Happy Day!
JosianGems
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by PulseWeb: 6:44am On May 13, 2017
Hello, Visit www.extrahostpro.com WHATSAPP/CALL: 08062207346

we can move your clients websites for you

With our wealth of experience and expertise, we decided to bring the Smart approach to you - the home user.

Our public web hosting platform is built using the same cloud solution powered by OnAPP and cPanel hosting control panel used by corporate clients.

Included as Standard:
*FREE SSL FOR ALL UR CLIENTS DOMAIN
*LiteSpeed Optimised
*99.9% SSD Uptime
*Daily & Weekly Remote Backups
*Protection, Security and Backups
*Unlimited High Performance
*Attracta SEO Tools

We use only the highest quality hardware components and software to create and maintain our bespoke platform because at Extra Host Pro, we want customers to understand how straightforward web hosting can be without the unnecessary stresses of downtime and fuss.

Our objective is to create an industry-leading brand through outstanding service and customer satisfaction.

Jandedmart:
Do you want to host a website or buy domain name? please i beg you in the name of God, dont even go near www.smartweb.com.ng especially if you are doing it for a client, is either you end up in jail or clients ask for refund . Their server has 98% downtime. I have hosted 8 websites with them but currently non are up, they keep giving excuses of update. For the past 2 months your website can be up for 8hrs, . if you need more details, i can paste all websites here and you can check them out anytime and see if it will come up.

I think they should go into other line of business instead of offering web hosting, i will need someone now to help me move all websites to a new server, if you can please contact me here
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by oojuola: 9:45am On May 13, 2017
Jandedmart:

I can recommend Qservers web hosting because i have domains registered with 99.9% uptime as they claim and i have never been disappointed. Of which i have a friend who is using their reseller package. You can try them out, trust me you wont regret it.....Their support is wonderful

1 Like

Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by Jandedmart: 6:19am On May 14, 2017
am using there reseller package and is a fluke
josiangems:
Smartweb Is good and i have been hosting with them for several years.

But sometime they don't explain much to newbies how to handle issues that are related to the client or part should be taken by clients. I know it may not be their responsibilities but as a courtesy will be better, my site is http://josiangems.com/ and i don't experience such downtime.

I could remember when my site goes down last year, i had to call their customer line and they directed me to submit a ticket. They white-listed my ip and the site came back.

I then realized that due to so many illegal activities by other Nigerians that were using the same network could affect me. i have started using proxy server and dnstools to verify whether my site is down or my ip that is blocked.

I suggest that you try the same?

Happy Day!
JosianGems
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by adeblow(m): 4:25pm On May 17, 2017
you are right my brother. I hosted with them in the past and to access my cpanel was a big problem. I lost my money. Had to host somewhere else. when u call their customer care they'll ask if ure a novice. I think d mods should take this to FP.
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by josiangems(m): 9:21pm On May 20, 2017
Good Evening All,

I have hosted 3 websites on Smartweb server, one for me and the other two for clients.

One of the clients called me when he saw this post and was very worried knowing the his site is hosted on Smartweb server by me. The client asked "Why are you hosting my site on Smartweb server?" I replied to the client that called with simple question "Is it hosting with Smartweb that is the problem or having error or bad services? The client have never gotten back to me yet knowing that all if fine regarding his site operations and services.

I believe that Jandedmart may have un-reported problems that need to call the attention of Smartweb. It may be a peculiar problem to your site as other sites never have such experience.

If you whois my site https://who.is/whois/josiangems.com you can have idea how long it has been hosted by Smartweb and compare to other foreign host that i am using, i appreciate the services i am getting here.

May be it is because i have hosted some sites with some foreign host that i could understand this. I don't want to be bad or cause a problem where there is none, like me now my client saw a post and panicked that i should move the site to another host which is going to cost me much money and time. also not comfortable calling company's name. I would have showed you the companies local and foreign that when i sent email to them, i expect a response after 48 hours or so. I had a bad experience with them. I am having a quite good service here and my clients can testify that.

My advice is report your case to them and see what they can do to help? You cannot run away from error forever but how to resolve and how fast to help is what i am looking at. I believed that no one want to leave in a community that have no hospitals or a police station to report a case to.

I am sorry if from all i have written may offend someone, i am writing because my clients are worried when they sight such posting online.

I promised my clients that i am going to move out if i have a better service or when Smartweb stop giving a better service and good support.

Have a Wonderful Evening!
JosianGems
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by SConnect: 1:55am On May 21, 2017

Better Unlimited Web Hosting, For You.

SpeedyConnect.net offers you a reliable super fast unlimited web hosting backed by a 100% uptime guarantee with an amazing 24/7/365 customer support.

Unlimited Web Space
Unlimited Monthly Bandwidth
Free Unlimited SSL Certificates
Free Automatic Daily Backup
100% Uptime Guarantee
Fully supports Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, SMF, etc
FREE Softaculous Auto Installer
FREE Website Transfer
London, UK Data-center

Starting at $1/Month NOW! $0.5/Month using Promo Code: 50%OFFUNLIMITED

Why You Should Host Your Website With Us;

UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH/TRAFFIC
At SpeedyConnect.net, worrying about the bandwidth/traffic consumption of your shared hosting account is a thing of the past as each of our shared hosting packages has Unlimited bandwith/traffic.

WE ARE NOT RESELLERS
We own and manage all our servers, This allows us to pass on very competitive lowest cost prices unto our customers.

24/7/365 CUSTOMER SUPPORT
We are always here to serve you 24/7/365 (Day and Night) via Live Chat, Ticket.

100% UPTIME GUARANTEE
We hate downtime just as much as you do. We guarantee your website a rock solid 100% uptime, which means your website will be online always.

LOW PRICE GUARANTEE
Our Hosting prices are very cheap and include an extensive list of features including UNLIMITED web space, UNLIMITED bandwidth, and If you know of any host offering same features at a lower price, just contact us and we will beat it.

FREE AUTOMATIC DAILY BACKUP
Your data are automatically backed up daily and stored in multiple backup servers at no extra cost. Sleep well knowing your data is in safe hands.

YOU BENEFIT FROM HIGH QUALITY SERVICES
We utilize only High spec Intel Xeon CPU's, Enterprise SATA's & SSD's, fully redundant premium network, 1Gbps Uplink and lot's more.

----------
Follow us on Social Media:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/speedyconnect
Facebook: https://facebook.com/speedyconnect.net
Instagram: https://instagram.com/speedyconnect_net
------------

Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by xiqlo: 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2017
Please stay away from smartweb.com.ng very bad customer care, and bad hosting service, i lost over 15 domain with them and clients files its cause a big loss to my business.
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 25, 2017
The Worst Of Em All Is Whogohost. Those Guys Are Thiefs
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by 3html: 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2017
Go for foreign host leave all this small boys in Nigeria.
You can buy ur domain name with them, but hosting requires more reliable host.
Namecheap.com is OK and you can buy your domain as cheap as $ 11 with ssl certificate. Payment is done via bitcoin
Open a bitcoin account with blockchain.info or bitpay.com preferably download the app on playstor. Then meet those guys selling bitcoin on nairaland.com to fund your bitpay.com wallet then transfer the bitcoin to namecheap all this won't take you an hour to achieve.
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by peshpee(m): 4:52pm On May 19, 2018
This hostmeng is the worst i have ever seen. Bad customer care, so manner-less. Imagine one of their guys hissing & hanging up on me while i was the one that called complaining my host is down. He told me to only call for payment issues not complain, what nonsense. It takes over 48 hours for your ticket to be answered. I cant wait for my time to finish with them. Disgrace to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by femo122: 5:05pm On May 19, 2018
peshpee:
This hostmeng is the worst i have ever seen. Bad customer care, so manner-less. Imagine one of their guys hissing & hanging up on me while i was the one that called complaining my host is down. He told me to only call for payment issues not complain, what nonsense. It takes over 48 hours for your ticket to be answered. I cant wait for my time to finish with them. Disgrace to Nigerians.
foreign host is the best go foreign bro no stress
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by SirLakes: 11:28pm On May 19, 2018
Na waaa ooooo ehn undecided
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by betahost247(m): 8:35am On May 20, 2018
peshpee:

Hello,

Sorry about your experience with them.

However, we would like if you will definitely give us a trail.

Beta Host provides Reliable and Web hosting company in Nigeria starting @ N292/mo and N3,500/year, with free .com.ng domain, free ssl certificate, free seo tools and more server resources compared to other web hosting provider in Nigeria.

We now offer free site lock security to help in protecting your website against attack and malware bytes.

Visit us today and experience unbelievable futures from us:

https://www.betahost247.com/webhosting

What does SiteLock do?

SiteLock provides comprehensive website security. It performs website daily scans to identify vulnerabilities or malware. When vulnerabilities or malware are found, you will be alerted immediately. Based on your SiteLock scanner, it will automatically remove any malware on your website. For content management system (CMS) websites, SiteLock can automatically patch found vulnerabilities.

Issues Site Lock Scan For?

SiteLock has the technology to perform a comprehensive website scan that encompasses:

File-based Malware Scanning and Removal: SiteLock performs daily scans of a website's files for malware. If malware is found, the website owner is alerted immediately. SiteLock also offers comprehensive scans to automatically remove the malware.

Vulnerability Scanning: SiteLock performs scans of website applications for common vulnerabilities that could lead to a compromise.

Application Security and Vulnerability Patching: SiteLock has the technology to automatically patch vulnerabilities in content management systems (CMS).

THE FIRST IN NIGERIA TO OFFER THIS FUTURES IS BETA HOST LIMITED

(Nobody Does it Better Than Us)
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by Elbizzcklinz(m): 12:55pm On May 20, 2018
Do you need a stunning responsive website or web redesign for your School & Business at low prices? VISIT and grab our 20% discount https://www.justfrankng.com

Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by abula112(m): 2:10pm On May 20, 2018
who knows any nigeria host with ssh access for shared hosting?
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by PulseWeb: 3:46pm On May 20, 2018
Visit www.extrahostpro.com

We fully permit SSH access but SSH access needs to be enabled on an account by account basis.

abula112:
who knows any nigeria host with ssh access for shared hosting?
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by abula112(m): 5:08pm On May 20, 2018
PulseWeb:
Visit www.extrahostpro.com

We fully permit SSH access but SSH access needs to be enabled on an account by account basis.

wat do u mean by account basis
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by PulseWeb: 9:55am On May 21, 2018
Okay so by this we mean it needs to be enabled by a ticket request per cPanel user you'd like SSH Access enabled on as this wouldn't be enabled by default due to the security vulnerabilities imposed

abula112:

wat do u mean by account basis
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by abula112(m): 4:34pm On May 21, 2018
PulseWeb:
Okay so by this we mean it needs to be enabled by a ticket request per cPanel user you'd like SSH Access enabled on as this wouldn't be enabled by default due to the security vulnerabilities imposed

ok, i think i will go for it.
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by PulseWeb: 6:10pm On May 21, 2018
abula112:

ok, i think i will go for it.
you can register on www.extrahostpro.com and make an order to get started
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by ilekky(m): 10:27pm On May 21, 2018
check bjkhost.com for a strong dedicated server hosting.

We do it best at bjkhost.com.Talk to us on watapps on

08028359239 for more information.
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by Jandedmart: 5:17am On Apr 05, 2020
Have moved my reseller account to name cheap, spent 3 days in cell because of them, client website was unable to send out emails for months and downtime, I was arrested, long story cha

1 Like

Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by 9jaunite: 1:49pm On Apr 05, 2020
Jandedmart:
Have moved my reseller account to name cheap, spent 3 days in cell because of them, client website was unable to send out emails for months and downtime, I was arrested, long story cha
grin grin hosting goes wrong
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by Jandedmart: 2:14pm On Apr 05, 2020
9jaunite:
grin grin hosting goes wrong
my brother

1 Like

Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by 9jaunite: 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2020
Jandedmart:
my brother
sorry though i am thinking of switching to namecheap all this nigeria host na war..

currently using one now and i cannot send email with it
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by Jandedmart: 7:50pm On Apr 05, 2020
9jaunite:
sorry though i am thinking of switching to namecheap all this nigeria host na war..

currently using one now andg i cannot send email with it
that's how it starts, then spammers will be using your website to spam

1 Like

Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by 9jaunite: 8:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
Jandedmart:
that's how it starts, then spammers will be using your website to spam
shocked
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by betahost247(m): 7:54am On Apr 06, 2020
9jaunite:

currently using one now and i cannot send email with it

Hello,

Our offer might interest you. https://betahost247.com

Thank you
Re: Worst Web Hosting Company In Nigeria Smartweb.com.ng by Livegates: 9:58am On Dec 09, 2021
I just came across this post today and funny enough, it's 4years after. My experience this current year has been unfortunate to be mild. I wish I knew this early.

It's apparently clear that they can manipulate your site and infect it to make points for you to buy into higher security protection. I made the mistake of my life by renewing my service few days ago and just after that. My site starting the cycle of problems I've been having all through the year.

I regretted giving in to their deception to solve problems after renewal. Now all phone lines are blocked for excuse of maintenance and tickets are not answered again.

Smartweb.com.ng needs to be visited and investigated by NCC immediately

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / 198M HQ Combolist (mail:pass) [netflix, Hulu, Mycanal, Crunchy, Spotify, Deezer, / Nigerian Female Bloggers Are Making Waves In The Blogosphere!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.