Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow (61709 Views)

Woman Catches Neighbour’s Wife Having Sex With Security Guard / 14-Year-Old Housemaid Poisons Her Boss With Rat Poison In Ondo (Photo) / Security Guard On N25, 000 Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by nurex01(m): 3:52am On May 13, 2017
Kunle Falayi

On May 6, businessman and resident of Gwarimpa Housing Estate, FCT, Abuja, Benedict Emmanuel, noticed that a stack of foreign currency he kept in his house had disappeared.

But little did he know that his good-natured security guard, 40-year-old Alfred Andrew, a Bauchi State indigene, had suddenly become a millionaire, while keeping his home safe.

At 40, Andrew, who studied Mass Communication and Information Technology, went from joblessness to enrolling in an evangelical school, through which he became a pastor.

Yet, he said he needed more out of life.

Andrew said he moved to Plateau State to look for a job until the poor condition of the job forced him to move to Abuja where he took up a security guard job on a N25,000 salary in 2014.

But three years down the line, Andrew thought fate had finally smiled upon him when bundles of foreign currency fell on him while he was rifling through his boss’ belongings one day when the latter was out of the house.

He said, “That day, I was sweeping when I saw a key on the floor. I tried it on the padlock on my boss’ apartment and it opened. I went inside the house and was searching through his belongings when something fell on me from the top of his wardrobe.

“I then realised it was foreign currency. I climbed on a chair to see what was on the top of the wardrobe and noticed that there were currencies from different countries. They were so much. That was the first time I would see so much dollars. I have only seen such large amount in movies.

“I was tempted to take the money. Before, I had been hearing of whistle-blowers but I was not sure who to contact. I didn’t know who to report to. I didn’t have the number of the whistle-blowers (sic). I was scared. I didn’t know who to trust in Nigeria. I might tell someone and the person may turn things around against me.”

Andrew said he started to pick out of the bundles of currencies gradually whenever his boss was out of the house.

Then, he took the step of counting how many wrapped bundles of currency were on the wardrobe.

“I confirmed from someone the amount in the bundles. He said it was N130m after it was converted. I didn’t touch that one because it was sealed. I was only taking from those bundles,” he said.

According to him, for over a month after he started stealing out of the currencies, his boss did not notice.

He said he noticed that each time his boss travelled out, he came back with more foreign currencies.

He said he only checked whenever his boss was away from home to see if the money had increased or decreased. But every time he went into the room, he was always tempted to take part of it.

“If you just pulled a small amount, by the time you count it, there might be more than thirty dollar notes,” he said.

At a point, Andrew went beyond just pulling little amounts of cash from the bundles and took a few million-naira worth.

He said, “I took some amount and converted it to N24.4m and put it in my account.

When Andrew’s boss, Emmanuel, first noticed that a huge part of his cash was gone, he became suspicious of his security guard only when he discovered that the latter was using an iPhone 7 cell phone even though his salary was just N25,000.

When Andrew’s room was searched, expensive designer clothes were also found there.

He was apprehended when Emmanuel informed the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team.

At the police station, he confessed and N24 million was found in his account.

He also took the police to an apartment that he rented in town where expensive phones were recovered from his girlfriend.

Andrew said, “I bought clothes and mobile phones. I was not even able to wear any of the clothes because I bought them recently. Part of the money I had recently changed to naira was in my bag when I was searched.

“Last Friday when my boss discovered the cash missing, he ordered that nobody should go out of the compound and started searching everybody. His sister who is an official with the Department of State Services came also and checked my phone and bags.

“They took my passport, ATM cards and everything I had before handing me over to SARS. I told my oga I would implicate him by reporting him to EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission). He said he had been good to me, but I told him his wife had not given me food over the last three years. It is part of the reasons why I did what I did.

“Even when I was employed, I was told my salary would be increased every four months. I was told I would also be fed but that promise was not kept. My boss said the money was not his.”

Andrew said he knew that what he did was wrong but that anytime he asked his boss for money, he always told him he had no money even though he knew about the foreign currencies in the house.

The police have said the suspect would be charged to court soon.

http://punchng.com/security-guard-on-n25000-salary-steals-n24-4m-threatens-boss-with-whistle-blowing/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by Freetech: 3:53am On May 13, 2017
What?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by amuokuko: 4:22am On May 13, 2017
Greed!!!!

That is the new sickness in town..

His boss would ve probably moved the cash to a safe location by now, EFCC would be pained why they did not get their fangs on this...

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by moscow0147(m): 4:36am On May 13, 2017
When this reaches FP wake me up.

3 Likes

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by Nobody: 4:40am On May 13, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Potential Whistleblower :I go call EFCC for you.

@efccNG : But bros you are a thief nah?

SARS (* pockets egunjé): Oga your own don be today... grin grin grin grin

Ex-Whistleblower :Chisos!

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by Nobody: 4:52am On May 13, 2017
Sorry Andrew, you've just been busted and soon be imprisoned

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by Swegzfreak: 4:58am On May 13, 2017
sad
Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by nurex01(m): 5:25am On May 13, 2017
Because his wife has not been good to you. Okay o. Whistle blower.

6 Likes

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by marshalcarter: 5:28am On May 13, 2017
this guy na moda4ka nii undecided………… wen i dey pray for job.. him see the one of 25k cum loose am.....ya a stewpid as$ mora4ka

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by sunnysunny69(m): 5:29am On May 13, 2017
see him eye, he took 24.4 million and 24 million was found in his account. Thank God he hasn't blown it all, now he will be regretting. Good for him.

2 Likes

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by pythonkid(m): 5:35am On May 13, 2017
bad Belle them
Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by talk2alabama: 6:09am On May 13, 2017
Gateman fvcked up

25 Likes

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by bravo269(m): 7:25am On May 13, 2017
Happy birthday to me. Like to celebrate with me.

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by nurex01(m): 9:03am On May 13, 2017
talk2alabama:
Gateman fvcked up

1 Like

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by GeneralOjukwu: 1:21pm On May 13, 2017
Went to evangelical school.... became a scammer.

Is there any difference between him and Yahoo boys like this fine billionaire in this picture?

Pastor Andrew just rushed his own extortion

But WTF? The owner lost 24 million Naira in foreign currency and didn't even notice.... shocked, means the guy is effing rich

24 million without breaking a sweat, JEEZ!

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by emeijeh(m): 1:21pm On May 13, 2017
Blow the whisle na.
Imagine a thief caught red handed still threatening to blow whistle.

nurex01:

I told him his wife had not given me food over the last three years. It is part of the reasons why I did what I did.
This part got me roflol grin

NCAN have you guys arrived?

13 Likes

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by obembet(f): 1:21pm On May 13, 2017
Dell inspiron 15, core i6, 500GB of ROM and 4GB of RAM. It has a long life battery too.
For only 40k.... There's room for negotiations. Can send u pics if need be.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by kings09(m): 1:22pm On May 13, 2017
Ok
Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by Pavore9: 1:23pm On May 13, 2017
Make I laugh! cheesy cheesy
Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by Olanrefront3355(m): 1:23pm On May 13, 2017
If na me nko cool

2 Likes

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by Jinf: 1:23pm On May 13, 2017
grin grin

Greedy man. Take a little... and then resign!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by DLondonboiy: 1:23pm On May 13, 2017
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by emeijeh(m): 1:24pm On May 13, 2017
moscow0147:
When this reaches FP wake me up.

Wake up

2 Likes

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by Moving4: 1:25pm On May 13, 2017

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by ShankiBets: 1:25pm On May 13, 2017
Omg that's my brother
Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by onyee25(f): 1:25pm On May 13, 2017
Nawao
Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by Moving4: 1:25pm On May 13, 2017
Hmm.
Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 13, 2017
This one na big fool, which kain whistle he wan con blow now wey dem don burst am. Idiot!

If na me ehn, don't worrry make i no give una my format.

The money too much that i almost forget to check name, NCAN reporting LIVE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by Boyooosa(m): 1:26pm On May 13, 2017
MUMU! CALLING HIMSELF A GRADUATE. SENTENCE HIM TO LIFE IMPRISONMENT.
SEE HIN MUMU FACE.

3 Likes

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by TheTourist: 1:26pm On May 13, 2017
And what then happens to the foreign currency staker?

5 Likes

Re: Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow by Keywordconcept(m): 1:27pm On May 13, 2017
Crime doesn't pay. Take heed.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pregnant Underaged Girl In Ondo Roaming On The Streets (Photo) / Female Drug Trafficker Caught With Cocaine Braided Into Her Hair / Corpse Of A Man Killed By His Brother-In-Law In Benue Tied On Okada (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.